Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am

Magenta
Image
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 am
Red Death
"Remember my Angel,stay close to me for i may not be able to keep you save otherwise..."
Alex then practically falls out of the plane,using his cape as a really short parachute,landing gracefully in a short crouch position with his Gas Pistols drawn to either sides.....
Maggie looked at Alex dubiously as he lept from the plane trying to flap his cape as if that would do anything to slow his descent. She sighs and applies a little bit of counter force to his metal armor slowing him so he could execute his cinematic landing. Awww... I wanted to see him go SPLAT like Wile E. Coyote.
[Subtle effect, DC 20 to spot it]
She turns to the nearest crew member. "You have a whole bunch of spare nuts and bolts and things. Can I borrow them?" she asks. If he agrees she gathers them up with her power and puts them together into a floating platform roughly two feet across.

"If anyone needs..." she offers and, beginning to glow, she exists the plane, floating easily down to the forest's floor. The platform hesitates, then begins following her, slow and ponderously.
Finally! I hope we get to kick something's A$$ at least. A messy death would be bonus.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Image

Flying again doesn't seem to fit the old samurai very good, but he keeps his composure. He sighs in relief once the aircraft stops.
As all the others begin their descent into the flush forest, he simply approaches the edge of the platform and looks down. In his mind he was calculating the leap, but then the metal clad woman offered transportation. Not finding a reason to deny, he bowed his head courtly. "Domo arigatou de gozaimasu." He said quickly and stepped on the moving platform with a light hop
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Batgirl III » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Madame Curare
Image

“Wonderful. Simply wonderful.” Curare said, stepping out from the tree’s shadow, she held on to Tsalmaveth’s hand for just a lingering fraction of a second long than needed. She looked up towards the transport as the others made their way out. Clicking open a commline, “Okay, folks now that we’ve had a chance to stretch our legs, we should be about it. Geotek, Maggie, would the two of you stay airborne and act as our overhead? Buzzbomb, if you please, scout out the immediate area around our DZ?”

“<Oni-sensei, you probably have more experience in this sort of terrain than any of us. Any suggestions on how to proceed?>” Curare asked, switching to Japanese.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1278
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity spent the shortish trip in a light cat nap. Not the most comfortable kind of place to catch a few Z's, but she somehow seemed to make it look easy, and when the crew member announces on the speaker that they are soon to arrive, she rouses with a long, languid stretch, limbering up a little until the hatch opens to let them off, watching as one by one the rest all leap out the back, two of the team offering a lift down. As pleasant as that would be, she also didn't want to seem like potentially dead-weight, or overtly lazy, that needed to be carried

She smiles as she moves to the hatch and turns back towards the others, blowing a kiss before hopping lightly backwards out of the transport, loosening up her swingline as she goes, catching it out to catch a tree limb as she comes towards the ground, turning her fall into a swing to arrest her downward momentum into a pendulum swing, landing with a neat little flip as she give a twitch of her wrist to dislodge the swingline and tug it back to her hand, a clearly practised and fluid motion.
Picture something like Aloy's rappel in Horizon Zero Dawn, but with a bit of a spidy swing in it. ;)
Epic's Mechanic Shop - Making mechanical magic. Current project: Monster Hunter World Weapons. (New weapon added May 23, 2018)
Fantasy Noir - My homebrew system, a work in progress. (New content May 22/2018)

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 pm

GeoTek
Image

GeoTek steps out into the open air (holding anyone who asks) and lowers himself to the ground silently.
Batgirl III wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm
“Okay, folks now that we’ve had a chance to stretch our legs, we should be about it. Geotek, Maggie, would the two of you stay airborne and act as our overhead? Buzzbomb, if you please, scout out the immediate area around our DZ?”
He looks at Curare for a second. Wainwright selected her as leader for some reason so it made sense to follow her lead. Not playing well with others was surely grounds for "dismissal."

"On it," his mechanized voice responds. The suit then fades from view as he activates his stealth systems.

"Which way are you heading? I'll scout ahead."

pathfinderq1
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Status: Let's Go!


For most of the flight, the young woman once again found a corner seat and seemed to drift off to sleep. As the speaker made its announcement she seemed to wake up and slipped out of her seat. After a couple of quick stretches, she moved over towards the door- and when it opened she took a brief look out.

Not much to see- except FREEDOM, as much of it as she could wring from the witchery that had been inflicted upon them.

Sure were a lot of trees down there, some rocks, bunch of dirt. Sigh. Not ONE Dunkin Donuts as far as the eye could see, not even a Starbucks. She was, after all, a city girl at heart but... something about beggars and choosers, right?

As the others started to make their own ways down to the ground, she took one step back, then leapt out into space. One touch of a toe against the mag-lev platform, not even enough to rock it- and from there she bounced to one of the tall straight trees, which she hit feet first and running. In a blur of motion not quite too fast to follow, she was on the ground beside Madame Curare and Tsalmaveth.

It was clear enough, as she shifted from foot to foot, digging her toes into the leaves and dirt of the clearing, that she wanted to be moving. At Madame Curare's call, she did not even utter a response- she was simply gone, leaving a rising trail of leaves and forest debris behind her.

How long HAD it been since she was free to run, more than the length of the prison yard?

>OOC: Array still in Timeskip slot, so Speed 10 and Quickness 4; work outward from the landing point in an expanding spiral to a reasonable range (1/4 mile maybe), looking for anything interesting. Perception +4, Investigation +2, rapid vision 1 (x10), radius vision, Danger sense. Perception 1d20+4= 7, Investigation 1d20+2= 6; rolls here http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204968 -Probably should have let the GM roll, I doubt I found anything
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 2696
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm
Madame Curare
Image

“Wonderful. Simply wonderful.” Curare said, stepping out from the tree’s shadow, she held on to Tsalmaveth’s hand for just a lingering fraction of a second long than needed. She looked up towards the transport as the others made their way out. Clicking open a commline, “Okay, folks now that we’ve had a chance to stretch our legs, we should be about it. Geotek, Maggie, would the two of you stay airborne and act as our overhead? Buzzbomb, if you please, scout out the immediate area around our DZ?”

“<Oni-sensei, you probably have more experience in this sort of terrain than any of us. Any suggestions on how to proceed?>” Curare asked, switching to Japanese.
Red Death
Image
Hero Points-2 Condition-Normal
attempt to notice what Maggie did...
http//roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=204943: 7+8=15
whelp,that certainly failed....
Gliding over to Curare,Alex asked the older woman
"What's the plan for the assault ounce we find him? I might be able to knock him out if i can hit him with a strong enough dose,but i need to get to him first...Ialso need to speak to you and Tsalmaveth in private when we hace a chance....."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Magenta
Image

The platform sets the honest-to-badness samurai majestically on the forest floor before breaking apart into it's nuts and bolts again. The metal detritus speeds back to Maggie and begins hovering, nearly equidistant like satellites to her planetoid, a swarm of ferrous hornets that move with her.

She nods at the ageless assassin's request. "The trees will get in the way of good visibility but I'll do the best I can, always. And please call me 'Magenta' when we're on mission." she asks. What!? 'Violet' isn't good enough for you. C'mon, 'Violet' is cooler, it's the lowest level of the rainbow. The last spectrum the human eye can see. Just like we were the last sight that so many humans eyes saw. Dangit! I put so much into that name. It commanded Respect and Fear. What, you think calling yourself something different is going to change who you are?! Like calling yourself 'Maggie' instead of 'Frankie'? We grew up as 'Frankie'. 'Frankie' was the last word on our loser boyfriend's lips when he drove his car off the road when our powers first manifested. Remember!? We liked that SO much! We're 'FRANKIE' and we're 'VIOLET'! You won't erase me that easily, spineless worm.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1429
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Calm
HP: 0

The sight of Sowblind sliding in,and how Buzzbomb flashed over with her sheer speed was something awesome to behold. Enough for him to celebrate their accomplishments with a thumbs up. "Cool as hell, and right on time. Glad to know we're all just a bunch of regular badasses.' With a nod toward Red, he acknowledges the request.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Image

The ronin hopped down from the platform gracefully, and bowed his head again in gratitude. As he was checking the straps of his sword, Curare's modern Japanese took him by surprise. He raised his head, eyes visibly open, and relief in ancient Japanese "Curare-dono, I commend you for your mastery of Japanese. True words, I have indeed hunted oni in areas such as this. The trees help conceal such big creatures, so tracking is essential. We should rely on hearing and smell. Then, once the target is located, surround it from several angles and attack."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 pm

GeoTek
Image

Nathan shakes his head as the moron creeper with the gas guns tries to make secret plans out in the open.

Maybe Blackstone is safer. This moron is definitely going to get us all killed.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Batgirl III » Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Madame Curare
Image
kenseido wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 pm
"On it," his mechanized voice responds. The suit then fades from view as he activates his stealth systems.

"Which way are you heading? I'll scout ahead."
Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm
She nods at the ageless assassin's request. "The trees will get in the way of good visibility but I'll do the best I can, always. And please call me 'Magenta' when we're on mission." she asks.
“Undetermined as of yet. We'll see what Buzzbomb finds...” Curare said, “But keep your head on a swivel, this guy can probably hide in the forest pretty well... But, that said, these big angry guys usually leave quite a mess in their wake. Look for smashed trees or the like.”
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 pm
"What's the plan for the assault ounce we find him? I might be able to knock him out if i can hit him with a strong enough dose,but i need to get to him first...I also need to speak to you and Tsalmaveth in private when we have a chance....."
“Also undetermined.” Curare said with a shrug, “Maybe we'll get lucky and find him dormant. Maybe even asleep. If we should be so lucky, then you, me, and Tsalmaveth can try to do it quietly. If not, well, then I'm thinking good old fashioned violence. Oni is probably the only one of us strong enough to handle him in close quarters. If we have to engage in direct battle, we'll do the old hit-and-run, 'ninja vanish' routine. Multiple angles of attack, no one stays engaged for too long if they can help it, fight dirty.”

It felt good to be giving orders again. This gaggle of colorful freaks weren't the well-trained assassins and professional San Ho Hui that she'd preferred to work with in the past... But, then again, giant grey beastmen weren't her usual targets either.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1278
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu May 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 1 ~ Luck: 5

Cat smiles at the mention of luck. "Well, if you're hoping for luck, you've got the best possible thief along. And fair fights are highly overrated. I'll take outnumbering and fighting dirty any day."
TM, may I use a luck point to scene edit us as lucky enough to find our quarry sleeping or predisposed in some favorable fashion so we can get the drop on him?
Epic's Mechanic Shop - Making mechanical magic. Current project: Monster Hunter World Weapons. (New weapon added May 23, 2018)
Fantasy Noir - My homebrew system, a work in progress. (New content May 22/2018)

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Ice Skating
Image

'I'm down with that, fair fights are for suckers." Jen Chimed in from where she sat lazily on her ice slide. Sitting back she took the time to take a deep breath and enjoy the sounds and smells of the forest. City girl that she was she could appreciate a bit of fresh air as much as anyone.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Everyone:


Buzzbomb: North of where the group landed, you find a opening that's been expanded on; violently. Large trees broken and uprooted whole are scattered amongst the outer edges, and on the ground around them are large man-ish shaped footprints.
OOC wrote:That's as good as you'll get with those rolls. & for future reference I have no problems with any of the PCs rolling for themselves, in fact I prefer it.

GeoTek & Magenta:
OOC wrote:Let's have the two of you give us a pair of Perception Checks. Surprise DC for now, but high numbers would be good.
OOC wrote:EpicEclipse - Nope, there are things in the works I need a fight to establish. Yeah, I'm already working in something for a future game. :mrgreen:

Post Reply