Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 am

Buzzbomb
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: okay

Keyanna entered the clearing very nearly at full speed, almost too fast for most of the people there to really react. It took her substantially less time to assess the new situation. Who the heck were these people? Not AEGIS, from the look of them- which meant they were competition. Without knowing who was who, though, she had to pick a target...

And it looked like her team leader had somebody wrapped up pretty good- that was as good a place to start as any. She danced through the now crowded clearing and took a swing at the woman that Madame Curare was grappling with- while the strike itself was almost too fast too see, Keyanna had plenty of time to line up her shot.

>OOC:
-on arrival in the clearing, switch High Speed Combat array to High Speed Strike; this reduces her movement Speed to 9 (effectively 10 with Athletics auto-success).
-Attack Medea with High Speed Strike, power attack for -5/+5 (has Precise Attack, both cover and concealment, so the fact that she is grappled should present no issue). Attack 1d20+13-5= 28 (Crit!); roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=210248
-With +5 from PA and +5 from the crit, that is a DC 31 Toughness check; it is also Subtle 1, so many of her buddies might not even realize that Buzzbomb hit her.
- then use Move-by to sweep back to the edge of the clearing, as far as possible away from Grendel.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 am

Buzzbomb:

You easily make your way across the fight scene, moving at speeds others can barely register, and your attack on Meda totally takes her by surprise and she grunts then curses in what you can assume is Greek. Surprisingly enough though, the slightly shimmering field surrounding her absorbs the bulk of your attack.


OOC wrote:That is a hit indeed!
Meda's Toughness: _: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28, well color me shocked at that good of a roll. Meda will take another Bruise (her 3rd total, boy is that gonna catch up to her at some point).

--
At this point it's time for the Really bad guys to go (Black Bow then Orion), but I'm so tired it's all I can do to keep my eyes open at this point. So I will try to get a post done tomorrow night.

That said, I am going to a music festival this weekend starting Friday. So I will be out of touch pretty much the entire time.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 am

Everyone:

Seeing his leader being doubled teamed Blackbow starts pulling arrows, taking aim, then firing them off in a rapid succession at both of her attackers (the ones that he could see that is). Surprisingly, or not depending upon one's knowledge of his skills, the black clad archer lets fly nearly a dozen arrows in a span of only a few seconds.

Orion, meanwhile, sets his sights on Geotek seeing his ability to fly as an advantage that his team needs to counter quickly. Without a word, he pulls a metallic cylinder that quickly extends to a full length javelin the he throws with a practiced ease.

OOC wrote:Reposting for new page.

Initiative List:
Downtime - 59
Blacklash -27 [Bruised & Stunned – Oni]
Madame Curare – 24
Buzzbomb - 22
Blackbow - 21
Orion – 19 [Bruised]
Snowblind – 18
Oni - 17
Cat Noir - 16
Red Death - 14
Rant -12 [Bruised & Stunned – Oni]
Tsalmaveth – 11 (highest Agility rank)
Magenta – 11 (Agility tied, higher Initiative base)
Geotech – 11 (Agility tied, lower Initiative base)
Rave – 6 (higher Agility) [Stunned – Snowblind]
Meda – 6 (lower Agility) [Bruised x2, Hindered & Vulnerable]
Grendel – dead last [Defenseless & Disabled]
--
So it's Blackbow's turn, followed by Orion.

Blackbow is going after Madame Curare & RD with a Broadhead Arrow: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)

His Attack: _: 1D20+14 = [2]+14 = 16, and with the -2 penalty for attacking 2 targets I'm pretty sure that a 14 won't hit either, so take an HP BG3 & Macy cause I'm re-rolling that.

Blackbow's Re-rolled Attack: _: 1D20+14 = [3]+14 = 17, I sometimes really hate Coytecode since it seems it lowballs the hell out of rolls with high numbers. With the re-roll bonus & -2 penalty that's a 25 to hit, so the Toughness DC 23 for the two of you.

--
Orion is going to target Geotek, with a Diamond Edged Javelin: Ranged Piercing Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating).

His Attack: _: 1D20+12 = [12]+12 = 24, and I'm fairly certain that hits. So that'll be a Toughness DC 25.
--
And with that it is Snowblind's turn.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:18 am

Red Death
Image
Hero Points-1 Condition-Bruised(1)
Alex grunted as he felt the shot slide of a piece off the plates.It didn't penetrate(thank's to Cecilia's mild OCD on Protection),but it may cause issues later...
OOC:well,let's see if coyotecode likes me any....
9+19=19 so if i take it,it's a fail by 4 for only 1 Bruise...eh,i'll eat the hit.I can use that HP on my turn to do something Stupid...:D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 am

GeoTek
Image

The javelin deflects off Nathan's unique armor's shell without leaving a scratch.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold taunts
Image

"Oh Ray!" Jen sing songed in a mocking tone while giving a come hither motion and a taunting merry laugh. She then shot off on her ice slide low along the ground. and away from the area, No way she was leaving those two together, she knew what they could do if she did. besides she had a nice gauntlet of fun for Ray to run through if he was angry enough to follow her.

Ok Snowys going to do what she does best. Cheat.

She'll use deceptions trick option on Rant and attempt to get him to chase her out of the clearing and hopefully run him through a gauntlet of lethal individuals in the process, maybe RDs gas or in arms reach of Oni, or a clothesline from Buzzbomb. this is playing on his anger over anyone attacking his sister and the fact hes not a mental giant as it is. ;)

her deception check _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
solid also if Rays affected by it she has Attractive for an additional +2 for a total of 22.

Shell then move action away with her ice slide getting him to follow her. even if he doesn't follow shes going to move away and reposition outside range so she can take a fresh shot.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Noticing that all the enemies seem to have ignored him and moved to other targets, Oni drops his stance, and dashes to the other enemy woman, this Medea gal. She would probably be easy to slice up into sushi, as she doesn't seem overly agile like Blackbow, or overly resistant like the armoured Orion. With a few sprints, he is right in front of her, and then blinks to her right side, just the dead spot of the human vision, a movement he has performed several times. In the spam of seconds, Oni unsheathes his sword and attacks. Several cuts with such precision that even the grass close by is cut by the sharp wind it produces. He sheathes it back, to contemplate his handcraft.


OOC: Switching to Kōsoku ken-AKA Lightspeed attack- : Strength Effect 9; Multiattack, Secondary effect, Subtle 1, accurate 1,Quirk: needs a sword. Oni rols a 18. Multiattack might increase the base DC of 24. If this hits, Medea needs to save again next round vs DC 24 only (no multiattack bonus if any). Being a subtle attack this might qualify as a surprise attack, making Medea vulnerable against it (-2 active defenses if she fails a dc 20 perception check, as earlier)
Last edited by Camus on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1598
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 3 ~ Luck: 4

<"Alright... that's Grendel dealt with for the moment... who else can I mess with..."> The cat burglar looks at the others all pairing up and battling, confident that for the moment Grendel was going to be experiencing some of the worse luck of his life, including turning into a big, gray shark-guy thing that everyone was now hunting.

Seeing that some of the enemy number used equipment, Cat opted to try and hamper their effectiveness by causing a few catastrophic malfunctions, first the archer since he was carrying just the one bow, getting rid of that would certainly curtail his effectiveness in attacking her allies, as involuntary as that particular situation was.

Cat circles to try and take Blackbow from his blindspot, making a chopping motion with her free hand, other presently holding her pistol, at the villain's bow to see what some bad luck might do to it.
Moving from her hidden position (Athletics to improve speed: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23), trying to remain stealthy (Routine Check of 20 with her skill mastery, -5 if she needs to move more than 30ft after improving her speed with athletics) up to Blackbow and going to attempt a Smash attack against his weapon after switching her array to Weaken Toughness 10, Affects Objects Only, Insidious, Precise, Slow Fade(1/2 rounds), Subtle (visible only to magical senses) * Linked to unarmed attack.

Cat has Improved Smash, so no attack check penalty. Smash vs Blackbows bow: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23 If that hits, his bow needs to resist against Weaken Toughness DC20 Fort (I guess using its Toughness, right?), and then if that doesn't weaken its toughness to -5 (which breaks it on its own), then it makes a toughness save DC17 from her strike itself.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Red Death
Image
HP-1/0 Condition-Bruised(1)
Placing one of his Gas Guns Almost point-blank into Medea's face(is she looked,she could probably see down the tube),Red Death says quietly
"Right now,i seem to remember my Bible verses,specifically Ecclesaiasticus:
The physician cutteth off a Long
disease; and he that is a King
tomorrow shall die.
...goodbye,m'dear.
"
As he fires one gun directly into her face,the other shoots out in the direction of both Rant and where Downtime might show(having heard Buzzbombs earlier warning and seeing what Snowbird was doing to Rant,Alex decided aid his...Erstwhile Companions for the moment)
OCC:ok,burn the hero point to avoid Fatigue for 2 action(Both attacks,btw) ...
17+8-1=24 Eternal Slumber attack on Medea.Since it hits,DC is 23 Fort

8+12-1=19 Ranged Gas attack on either Rant or Downtime(whichever's hit first)
DC is also 23 if it connected

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 am

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold taunts
Image

She smirked as Ray ran right where she wanted him to and Red saw her intent and let him have a facefull of the good stuff. Her smile dimmed a bit though as ray showed uncommon brains and held his breath. Still she shrugged easily; she'd gotten what she wanted anyways which was him alone, separated from the pack.

She felt his attack just as it reached her, the ultrasonic waves washing over her and felt her world go upside down while her stomach tried to move into her feet. She wasn't worried too much though her brother had taken steps to train her to resist such things. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, and when she opened them oriented her sight on a single point while breathing easily and rode out the nausea with little effort.




Surprised he could catch her with a 500 foot move but meh hes motivated to move his feet. :P

Attack does hit her, Jens will save _: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
right on her frozen nose :D

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Let's go for a ride.
HP: 4>3
-------------

As the chaos unfolded down below in the sunlit clearing, Dave paid careful attention to the skies. When they were dropped off he never had the chance to see where their mode of transportation had landed, but if he were to hazard a guess it'd makes sense for them to circle around the area a few times before coming down. Not that he would really know however, as that was actually the first time he'd ever been on an aircraft in his life. A pretty forgettable experience overall he'd say.

Ah. There it is. To his luck - or maybe it was Noir's - it was just about to pass between the sun and them too.

With perfect precision and timing Dave felt himself fall through his own shadow to rise up from just behind Blackbow silent as the grave. yet he didn't leave it completely, and instead grabbed at the man from behind. "Peek-a-boo."
Using a Hero Point to scene change, letting the plane pass by overhead just in time.
Possible stealth check?: 33
Using Drag-Along, to potentially take our friend up to the plane: 26
Dodge DC is 16.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2313
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 am

Magenta
Image
HP:0

Maggie watches the chaos of battle with horror. Yes! this is awesome! I've missed this! Dogpile the Greek B!^<#!!!

As much as it pained her to use her powers against another person again she both knew it was a possibility and knew it might prevent others from coming to harm because of it. She reached out with her mind and seived command of every piece of metal on her opponents. It took little effort and she was trying not to dwell on how laughably easy it was to grab and lift. Yes! That's it! No, don't just grab a few things - take it all! The Jap's sword and loverboys' gas canisters, use it all. Most of these people have comm's in their ears, wouldn't take hardly nothing to shove them further in, through the ear canal to people's brains. Remember when we did that to the group of mall cops when they tried to stop us from taking those boots we wanted? Huh? Time for an Encore!

Maggie gritted her teeth, not because using her powers were straining but as proof against the feelings and memories it was dredging up.

She lifted.
Move Object, Area-Burst, Selective, Range- Perception, Limited - Magnetic objects, Feats: Subtle, Precise PR 10
Anyone surrounded by enough metal that the GM feels it qualifies can do a Str or Dodge (whatever's better) against the Grabbing force of DC20 or Immobile and Vulnerable (1 degree fail) or Defenseless, immobile,impaired (an unlikely 2 degress of failure) with a Move action to take them ST{10}-mass rank in distance rank upwards.
Likewise, any metal weapons or even cell phones (and piercings if the GM wants to go there), the owners get a Str check vs. Disarming ST of DC20. It may only remove some options from attack arrays or be a minor distraction as cell phones (with whatever incriminating evidence on them) go levitating upwards, or draw the aggression of folk with piercings in sensitive places as they get ripped out and float up as well. As many opponents as are closest in the 30 ft. radius, but definitely including Orion.

DC20 Perception check to see that the mousy blond in the prison outfit is the cause of it all.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Harsh.
HP: 3
-------------

"Wow, way to be casually racist. I'm telling twitter about this." Dave comments, completely nonplussed by the dodged attack. These guys seemed more professional then the fat cats he usually went after with that move.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1598
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:25 am

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 3 ~ Luck: 4

Cat shied back, missing Blackbow's weapon as he startled her by noticing her sneak up on him, but she was saved his immediate retaliation by Dave and Maggie's attacks.
Blackbow wrote: "If I knew your name I'd call you by it, but since you guys just showed up to try and curb stomp us...."
"Uh, sorry handsome, but we were here first, we just took initiative of the offence. I'm mean, I am all for ceasing hostilities and going our own ways. We just came to collect the big guy here. Finders keepers and all that. But, and this circles back to why we opened hostilities in the first place, being from the same side of the fence, we know it's pretty unlikely we're going to be able to agree on custody of the big kid. Unfortunately, we have a different boss than you with a potentially explosive temper for failure." she gestures towards Grendel to indicate who she means by "big kid".

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 am

Tsalmaveth
Image
Status: Normal.
HP: 3
-------------

"I respond well to uncle, but that's usually after I spend a few hours with someone." He says, with a completely uncertain level of seriousness. "I'd also like to point out, that there is no 'try' in the curbstomp going on right now. It'd really be in your best interest to run while you still can."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply