Team Cerberus (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 2 ~ Luck: 5

What luck that they would find the big guy occupied with lunch, it cause Cat to grin, for all of two seconds before Magenta opted to blow their element of surprise. She was about to react before Red and Geo started getting into it over Red's apparent lack of self control.

She didn't exactly exude killing intent either. While she does carry a firearm, it's for self defense. She'd personally prefer to knock Grendel out, as improbable as THAT was, but luck kind of is her thing, so it wasn't an entirely unreasonable desire.

Fortunately it seemed Red was willing to back off so long as he could get on his soapbox again later, which was fine since it wasn't her he was going to be ranting his anti-establishment agenda at. "Look Red, sweetie, you seem like a decent guy, but you really do need to calm the hell down. It's not terribly attractive. We have got far more important things to worry about in the immediate present than who follows who."

And with that, Cat slipped off into the more dense foliage to watch and see how Magenta's attempt to talk to Grendel went. Not the strategy she would have preferred... but if it got the job done without a life or death fight, she'd wish the blonde woman luck. If it went sideways....well, that was what the rest of them were there for.
Epic's Mechanic Shop - Making mechanical magic. Current project: Monster Hunter World Weapons. (New weapon added May 23, 2018)
Fantasy Noir - My homebrew system, a work in progress. (New content May 22/2018)

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Batgirl III » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Madame Curare, never much of a team player in her many years, appeared to have fallen into old habits and slipped away into the shadows when she thought no one was looking.
Stealth: 1D20+15 = [18]+15 = 33


Sorry I've fallen out of the game, guys. Real Life got wacky this week.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 am

Everyone:

Maggie (since she's out of 'uniform') takes a deep breath and nods her thanks to those that spoke in her defense and nods in thanks to the... concern(?) that Alex showed. It was touching. In a creepy, trenchcoat-only-guy-at-a-park way, sure.

She steps out slowly and carefully, arms half raised showing them empty.

"Hey Big Guy. Sun's getting real low." she says. "I'm not here to hurt you or anything. I just want to help." She gestures to the space next to the behemoth. "Can I approach?" she asks, walking slowly forward. She imagined everyone he'd seen, everyone he'd fought did so from a distance, didn't want to get close. For good reason, but still. Getting within his reach would give him the power in the interaction. Maybe it would go a long way toward trust. She also makes sure to keep her eyes off of his food, in case his animalistic instincts might see a rival, and she focused on his chest, not challenging him by meeting his eyes but still keeping the bulk of him in her vision.

The blue scaled man-creature eyes Maggie as she reveals herself, clearly surprised by her sudden appearance and his eyes quickly dart about the area trying to determine if there was anyone else with her but her continued movement towards him makes it a hasty and quickly abandoned effort. Grendel takes a huge bite out of his food, as Maggie starts talking, almost as if he fears her trying to take it from him like a animal that's finally gotten food after going days without.

Apparently her soft, friendly tone seems to be having the effect she desired as Grendel doesn't respond to her in an aggressive way instead choosing to focus his efforts on finishing his food. Though in between large bites, which does include the bone holding the meat in place, he does manage to produce a set of low toned growls but they come across more as an effort to maintain a semblance of dominance than anything else.

That said Grendel's eyes are now totally focused on Maggie.


OOC wrote:Grendel's Insight Check: _: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21, better than I expected but he still failed. So back to you Flynn.


Also, cause I love posting pics (I'm a visual kinda person if you couldn't tell), here's what Grendel looks like now.

Image

MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 am

Tattooedman wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 am
Everyone:

Maggie (since she's out of 'uniform') takes a deep breath and nods her thanks to those that spoke in her defense and nods in thanks to the... concern(?) that Alex showed. It was touching. In a creepy, trenchcoat-only-guy-at-a-park way, sure.

She steps out slowly and carefully, arms half raised showing them empty.

"Hey Big Guy. Sun's getting real low." she says. "I'm not here to hurt you or anything. I just want to help." She gestures to the space next to the behemoth. "Can I approach?" she asks, walking slowly forward. She imagined everyone he'd seen, everyone he'd fought did so from a distance, didn't want to get close. For good reason, but still. Getting within his reach would give him the power in the interaction. Maybe it would go a long way toward trust. She also makes sure to keep her eyes off of his food, in case his animalistic instincts might see a rival, and she focused on his chest, not challenging him by meeting his eyes but still keeping the bulk of him in her vision.

The blue scaled man-creature eyes Maggie as she reveals herself, clearly surprised by her sudden appearance and his eyes quickly dart about the area trying to determine if there was anyone else with her but her continued movement towards him makes it a hasty and quickly abandoned effort. Grendel takes a huge bite out of his food, as Maggie starts talking, almost as if he fears her trying to take it from him like a animal that's finally gotten food after going days without.

Apparently her soft, friendly tone seems to be having the effect she desired as Grendel doesn't respond to her in an aggressive way instead choosing to focus his efforts on finishing his food. Though in between large bites, which does include the bone holding the meat in place, he does manage to produce a set of low toned growls but they come across more as an effort to maintain a semblance of dominance than anything else.

That said Grendel's eyes are now totally focused on Maggie.


OOC wrote:Grendel's Insight Check: _: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21, better than I expected but he still failed. So back to you Flynn.


Also, cause I love posting pics (I'm a visual kinda person if you couldn't tell), here's what Grendel looks like now.

Image
Red Death
Image
HP-1 Condition- Concerned
After Snowblind's admonition,Alex decided to be silent for the remainder of this...Himself and Geotek could work-out their issues later.
Geo (and probably Cat) would notice that Red's Body stiffen when Maggie got closer to Grendel and his hand inched noticeable closer to his Gas Guns....
Though it's obvious what RD is doing,i just realized i should state it; I'm preping for an attack in case it's needed.I'll prep to use Quick Draw and Startle if this goes pear-shaped...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

Magenta
Image
HP:0

"I'm not going to take your food, Big Guy." Maggie says kneeling in front of him, feet tucked in non-threatening.

"Let's just see how much of you is still in there. Bill? Bill Bailey?" She says, monitoring him for a reaction.

"Bill, I'm trying hard not to have this go all catty-whumpus, here. So If you're in there still, I need a response. I need you to not be all feral." She pleads, her voice still soft and sweet. "Please just say your name. You're 'Bill'. She gestures to his chest but doesn't touch him or make a move toward his meal. "Bi-ll." she annunciates. "And I'm Maggie.... Ma-gie." She gestures to herself. That's right, say my name BI-ITCH! BEEEEE-ITCHHHH!

"Let's see if there are other words you know: Umm... Emerald City? How about..." she swallows, her voice hesitant, "Aegis?" she looks for any reaction, trying to calm him again if need be. "How about Kresselkorp? You used to work there. and your name is Bill Bailey. Please remember."
"Something pithy this way comes."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am

Cat Noir (Felicity Black)
Image
Condition: Healthy
HP: 2 ~ Luck: 5

Felicity waits with baited breath from where she waits in hiding, pistol in her hand, juuust in case. Of everyone present on the team, Cat was the least prone to violence, and the least experienced in it. She mainly just let luck guide the confrontation and it generally worked in her favor for escape, so absolutely she hoped Maggie's attempt to talk the big guy down would work. It was definitely different than what AEGIS would try, and maybe why they got a bunch of cons on a team for this kind of stuff, to think outside AEGIS' pretty corporate box with all its red tape. Made sense to her anyway.

And so did not fighting an extra large shark guy whose skin looked more like armor than flesh who was currently nomming on a freaking deer. Maybe, hard to tell with all the viscera and tooth marks. But, as much as she didn't wanna fight the big guy, never hurt to be prepared to do something she didn't want to anyways.
Basically prepared action to shoot if the situation gets out of hand. So not on the first aggressive movement from Grendel, but the moment it looks like negotiations have well and truly broken down.
Epic's Mechanic Shop - Making mechanical magic. Current project: Monster Hunter World Weapons. (New weapon added May 23, 2018)
Fantasy Noir - My homebrew system, a work in progress. (New content May 22/2018)

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Oni

Post by Camus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Image

The samurai folds his arms around his chest, tucking each arm in the long sleeves of the other. He holds his ground as he looks at the exchange, sideways.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 pm

GeoTek
Image

Like the others, Nathan prepares to deal with Grendel in case negotiation fails.

His aerowings extend and his baffled turbines lift him almost silently into the air as his camo screen activates.
Activating Concealment, Flying up to get a vantage point from above without getting directly overhead.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Team Cerberus (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Snowblind
HP: 1; Condition: Cold alert
Image


Jen watched Maggie approach the now very ugly Grendel whose appearance was markedly different from what Wainright had showed them, yet another omission of Information no doubt. This need to nonsense was going to get one--or more-- of them killed if it kept up, and it wasn't going to fly.

She knelt hidden behind the branches of a tree on one of her slides just observing for the time being and hoping Maggies plan worked, the big guy looked like the bigger they are, the more bones they break type if it didn't.

Ice armors up and she too will prepare to attack if needed

initiative was rolled prior
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply