Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Batgirl III »

Gold is non-ferrous and this isn’t attracted to magnetic fields... at least not in the real world. “Comic book physics” don’t always follow the same rules as boring old actual physics.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mercury is yhe same way, but I find it terryfying and cool that Maggie might be able mess with what's in Dave's blood. It at the very least will always keep him on edge around her.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mercury becomes wonderfully magnetic at extremely low temps (about 4 Kelvin). So a combination of Maggie and Jen can give Dave a really bad day.

Pulling the piercings (or cell phones) from Rant and/or Rave should be non-damaging, non-system effect but it could be useful for role-playing purposes. (If they made the perception to tell it was Maggie's subtle power, she might earn their immediate ire for the dramatic extraction of piercings or the stealing of cell phones).

Ultimately it seems her use of this power would only really hamper one or possibly two of our current foes. - Not as OP as I was first fearing.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm Mercury becomes wonderfully magnetic at extremely low temps (about 4 Kelvin). So a combination of Maggie and Jen can give Dave a really bad day.

Pulling the piercings (or cell phones) from Rant and/or Rave should be non-damaging, non-system effect but it could be useful for role-playing purposes. (If they made the perception to tell it was Maggie's subtle power, she might earn their immediate ire for the dramatic extraction of piercings or the stealing of cell phones).

Ultimately it seems her use of this power would only really hamper one or possibly two of our current foes. - Not as OP as I was first fearing.
Told ya it was was pretty situational. :P In the right circumstances, it'll be godly, but generally speaking, it'll be a mixed bag.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:07 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm Mercury becomes wonderfully magnetic at extremely low temps (about 4 Kelvin). So a combination of Maggie and Jen can give Dave a really bad day.

Told ya it was was pretty situational. :P In the right circumstances, it'll be godly, but generally speaking, it'll be a mixed bag.
That all depends on a simple question:How much Iron is in human(oid) Blood? T-man's awnser to that will place Magneta as between Mainline Marvel Magneto,Ultimates Magneto or Sir Ian McKellan Magneto.... ;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Actual (and highly gross) experiments sadly, have determined that blood on it's isn't exactly what one would consider "magnetic".
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm Actual (and highly gross) experiments sadly, have determined that blood on it's isn't exactly what one would consider "magnetic".
Ah,but we're talking about "Comic Book/Movie" science and not RL Science.... ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Power Stunt to replace Move Object (Limited to Metal) with just plain Move Object. Comic Magneto just has a bigger pile of Villain Points built up than Movie Magneto.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, Magneto's power to move all objects is based on manipulating the Earth's magnetic field - at least in the comics.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm Actual (and highly gross) experiments sadly, have determined that blood on it's isn't exactly what one would consider "magnetic".
Ah,but we're talking about "Comic Book/Movie" science and not RL Science.... ;)
Uhg. I'll just state flat out and definitively that Maggie cannot bloodbend with her current powerset.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

why? she manipulates the magnetic fields of the planet itself combined with using the magnetic power to control the electromagnetic field each human being emits. combine the two together with the miniscule iron in peoples blood and she can lift people temporarily.

but only temporarily because doing so requires incredible control and focus which is a lot for her right now, perhaps with future training she becomes better at it.

eh jusy my 2 coppers
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Bah, it's only because she is "Nice" now, and dodesn't WANT to do such a thing (like a mental block). If her proper personality were to reassert itself, she would find such tricks terribly easy (if a bit hard on the subjects...).

Just a theory.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ouch! Looks like poor Medea's getting thrown a Prison gang beating right now,yeesh..... :shock:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 am Bah, it's only because she is "Nice" now, and dodesn't WANT to do such a thing (like a mental block). If her proper personality were to reassert itself, she would find such tricks terribly easy (if a bit hard on the subjects...).

Just a theory.
I played a magnokinetic who was previously crazy. My process was the sane version had more subtle control of his powers (Move Object with Power loss: Lack of EM Field) and the crazy version had more power and more destructive use, but he needed ferrous metals to control.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 am Ouch! Looks like poor Medea's getting thrown a Prison gang beating right now,yeesh..... :shock:
Yeah, apparently we’re the only group of bad guys in the universe that missed the memo about attacking one at a time in a nice, polite line.