Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While I'm pleased to be here, like Epic the sheer NUMBER of us you choose is a bit astounding. Hope you can keep up with us. ;)

Just took the time to read over and get to know all the other characters, and I can predict some interesting interactions between people. Red Death and Buzzbomb should be fun to witness in particular. I also notice we have our own little crack team of infiltrators between Cat, Curae, and myself. That should be pretty fun I bet.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Don't discount Buzzbomb from team sneaky. She has a +9 and can work as a terrific advanced scout to quickly survey a larger area than the rest of us.

And then we've got our moral compass characters, the ones that want to just do their time and go home, which should an interesting contrast to someone like Oni who is a butcher type of character, or someone like Cat who is a bit more nonchalant about her situation, figuring her Luck will turn it around eventually.

And team "break stuff" between GeoTek and Cat and their respective weaken powers to affect objects. (I mean, everyone can damage and break things, but these two have powers specifically for the task of breaking stuff)
Camus

Post by Camus »

Yaaaay! Thanks for the pick. I'll be reviewing Oni, since epic pointed out some mistakes in my math, which I appreciate. I'll revise it and take a deep look at the other PCs as well
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I think Magneta might count as a member of "team break stuff", when you taken into acount her ability to reshape ferrous objects. Juat depends on wheather you count that as "breaking" or not.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Sweet should be loads of fun :mrgreen: thanks for having me and gratz to everyone who made it,

Snowys def on team break stuff. but shes got an interesting way to sneak into one place or another ;)

Ill presume Snowys good to go. Unless Tman has any feedback to add Im ready and able
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Reshaping metal totally counts, and i didnt even notice Snowbound had a weaken toughness effect as well! Team break stuff just doubled in size xD

This team is scary in the stuff it can collectively do, so it will be interesting to see what TM has for the "leash" element of the game and what kind of challenges he throws at us.

Also, TM I sent you a PM with more info on Cat's mysterious origins.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Thanks for the selection!

This should, indeed, be a very interesting group- there are certainly several characters that I definitely want to see 'in play', and some of the interactions should be,as they say, "Memorable"...

I got the Suicide Squad movie out of the library this morning, and intend to watch it tonight as research. Yeah, "research", that's the ticket...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I doubt there's much speculation, but to clarify both Dave and his older brother are mutates themselves.
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It should be fun to have two immortals on the team, too. Both of whom, if we as a group feel comfortable with roleplaying it, could justifiably be written as absolute racist bastards towards each other.

Oni is a Japanese Samurai from the medieval period (I presume the Sengoku jidai or Muromachi jidai) which would lead him to being both very discriminatory to the Chinese, to women, and to white people. He should also hate ninjas and assassins. Madame Curare is white, a woman, and deeply immersed in Chinese culture. Plus, y’know, basically being a ninja-assassin.

On the flip-side, Curare would have been in her early decade(s) of loyal minion-hood to Dr. Sin during the Second World War. Let’s just say that the Japanese and Chinese are still a bit touchy on the subject of how Japan treated China and leave it on that. Curare would have been there and she’s definitely the sort of person who’d hold a grudge.

Red Death and Curare should make for a very frightening duo. Since he can flood a room with lethal gases without worrying about affecting her. If the Powers That Be want us to perform “wetwork,” it could get nasty. I’ll need to double check my FC books, but is there some bad blood between the previous Red Deaths and Dr. Sin?

I’m not sure I entirely understand Snowblind, are her powers device based (a la Captain Cold) or natural (a la Killer Frost)? Some combination of the two?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Actually, Oni is specifically only unaging, he lost his true immortality when his sword degraded.
------------
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

This will definitely be an interesting group. I look forward to T-man's version of Suicide Squad.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 pm It should be fun to have two immortals on the team, too. Both of whom, if we as a group feel comfortable with roleplaying it, could justifiably be written as absolute racist bastards towards each other.

Oni is a Japanese Samurai from the medieval period (I presume the Sengoku jidai or Muromachi jidai) which would lead him to being both very discriminatory to the Chinese, to women, and to white people. He should also hate ninjas and assassins. Madame Curare is white, a woman, and deeply immersed in Chinese culture. Plus, y’know, basically being a ninja-assassin.

On the flip-side, Curare would have been in her early decade(s) of loyal minion-hood to Dr. Sin during the Second World War. Let’s just say that the Japanese and Chinese are still a bit touchy on the subject of how Japan treated China and leave it on that. Curare would have been there and she’s definitely the sort of person who’d hold a grudge.

Red Death and Curare should make for a very frightening duo. Since he can flood a room with lethal gases without worrying about affecting her. If the Powers That Be want us to perform “wetwork,” it could get nasty. I’ll need to double check my FC books, but is there some bad blood between the previous Red Deaths and Dr. Sin?

I’m not sure I entirely understand Snowblind, are her powers device based (a la Captain Cold) or natural (a la Killer Frost)? Some combination of the two?
Snowblind's powers are natural.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Another interesting point between Oni and Curie; Oni has been sealed for centuries and doesn't seem fully up to speed on modern culture where Curie has been active and around.

Should be interesting to see the dynamics of different personalities too. Cat, being a manipulator, can almost seem mercurial if one didn't pay too much attention. But to one paying attention, she seems almost like she can change emotional gears on a dime. Reasonably, once people notice this, it would be hard to trust that what she is displaying is her true feelings or an act.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

When do we start TM?And anywhere specific you want us to start at?.....
When you think 'bout it,the most intresting Dynamic maybe between A-Ry and Curie(she's an immortal Thief doing it for the money while Alex is a former rich kid turned Revenge seeking Reveloutionary),throw in Cat personality shifts and Oni's "Yankee in King Arthur's Court" subplot an you have a really intresting dynamic going-on.....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I can't think of any interesting dybamics between Dave and anyone off the top of my head personally, but I do look forward to seeing how his relationships with everyone develops over time.
------------