Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Batgirl III »

Tattooedman wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm Could I use my Expertise [Philosophy] Skill to try to come up with something that will help me Persuade Oni to following our plan?
Feel free to try, but I will say that I leave such interactions up to the PCs to decide if such things sway them or not.
That’s what I figured for the Persuasion part, but I didn’t want to just start spouting off Miyamoto Musashi quotes without justification... Plus, let’s face it, how likely am I to ever get a chance to roll an Expertise [Philosophy] Skill check ever again!? 😉
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:10 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm Could I use my Expertise [Philosophy] Skill to try to come up with something that will help me Persuade Oni to following our plan?
Feel free to try, but I will say that I leave such interactions up to the PCs to decide if such things sway them or not.
That’s what I figured for the Persuasion part, but I didn’t want to just start spouting off Miyamoto Musashi quotes without justification... Plus, let’s face it, how likely am I to ever get a chance to roll an Expertise [Philosophy] Skill check ever again!? 😉
True enough.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well it is one of Oni complications, so he would be pretty set on his Bushido nonsense. But perhaps you can come with a very surprising philosophical breakthrough!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:46 pm Well it is one of Oni complications, so he would be pretty set on his Bushido nonsense. But perhaps you can come with a very surprising philosophical breakthrough!
I don't think it's a question of the Code,it'd be more of a question of how to give Oni the Honorable blow in an Ambush senario.

It also depends on how he interprets the Bushido code.If it's the Classical(re;Historical) version,Yamada'd be perfectly ok with it,so long as he got the final strike in(as befits his station).If it's the Romantiziced(?) version,then there'd be no way to convense(?) him otherwise....
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well what you are suggestion clearly contradicts the makoto virtue of Bushido. For reference, here is what Oni is sticking to, now that he is not under the control of the spirits of the sword.

The bushidō code is typified by eight virtues:[33]

Righteousness (義 gi)
Be acutely honest throughout your dealings with all people. Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself. To the true warrior, all points of view are deeply considered regarding honesty, justice and integrity. Warriors make a full commitment to their decisions.

Heroic Courage (勇 yū)
Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully and wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.

Benevolence, Compassion (仁 jin)
Through intense training and hard work the true warrior becomes quick and strong. They are not as most people. They develop a power that must be used for good. They have compassion. They help their fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.

Respect (礼 rei)
True warriors have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength. Warriors are not only respected for their strength in battle, but also by their dealings with others. The true strength of a warrior becomes apparent during difficult times.

Integrity (誠 makoto)
When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say they will do. They do not have to 'give their word'. They do not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.

Honour (名誉 meiyo)
Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.

Duty and Loyalty (忠義 chūgi)
Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said, and all of the consequences that follow. They are immensely loyal to all of those in their care. To everyone that they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.

Self-Control (自制 jisei)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:45 pm Well what you are suggestion clearly contradicts the makoto virtue of Bushido. For reference, here is what Oni is sticking to, now that he is not under the control of the spirits of the sword.

The bushidō code is typified by eight virtues:[33]

Righteousness (義 gi)
Be acutely honest throughout your dealings with all people. Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself. To the true warrior, all points of view are deeply considered regarding honesty, justice and integrity. Warriors make a full commitment to their decisions.

Heroic Courage (勇 yū)
Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully and wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.

Benevolence, Compassion (仁 jin)
Through intense training and hard work the true warrior becomes quick and strong. They are not as most people. They develop a power that must be used for good. They have compassion. They help their fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.

Respect (礼 rei)
True warriors have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength. Warriors are not only respected for their strength in battle, but also by their dealings with others. The true strength of a warrior becomes apparent during difficult times.

Integrity (誠 makoto)
When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say they will do. They do not have to 'give their word'. They do not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.

Honour (名誉 meiyo)
Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.

Duty and Loyalty (忠義 chūgi)
Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said, and all of the consequences that follow. They are immensely loyal to all of those in their care. To everyone that they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.

Self-Control (自制 jisei)
What about the rei aspect of it?Wouldn't it be more compassionate to knock him out,so that Bailey(who's obviously not in control of his actions) Wouldn't react with agression and possibly hurt himself(not to mention us) in the process?
P.S:you forgot to write down jisei
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think you goofed on your HP reroll. You rolled a d20 then added 10 in addition to your bonus. You only add 10 is the die result is 10 or less on the reroll. >.>
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 pm I think you goofed on your HP reroll. You rolled a d20 then added 10 in addition to your bonus. You only add 10 is the die result is 10 or less on the reroll. >.>
Oh,in that case.....Prest changeo numero!
Camus

Post by Camus »

Would have been funny to watch Oni get squashed by the monster while he was bowing to start the battle, but no, you wanted to play seriously. xD
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 pm Would have been funny to watch Oni get squashed by the monster while he was bowing to start the battle, but no, you wanted to play seriously. xD
Well,better safe than sqished like a grape i always say...:D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Camus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 pm Would have been funny to watch Oni get squashed by the monster while he was bowing to start the battle, but no, you wanted to play seriously. xD
"You hit me while I was monologing! You're not allowed to hit a villain mid-monologue!"
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 pm
"You hit me while I was monologing! You're not allowed to hit a villain mid-monologue!"
"What kind of mindless mosnter are you?! Have some respect, damn it!"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I got a bad feeling 'bout this.....T-man,can i make a Perception check to or are we all out of luck here?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

We are the ones flying ahead
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, that was just the scouts. We haven't actually gone off to where Buzzbomb indicated just yet. Nothing for us to use perception on yet.