For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

On a DC21, you pass half the time.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:24 am On a DC21, you pass half the time.
Apparently Coyotecode doesn't agree with you,as i got an 18 on the Dodge save...:(
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well that happens.

A lot of your name is kenseido, tattooedman, or crinos.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

But if you only failed by 1 degree, so you should still be able to attack the entangle on your action.

Since, if you do spend the HP to instant counter, then you lose your next action.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 am I don't think i have an HP left.... :? If i do,then i'll definitely use Instant Counter,if not i'll just edit....
Checking backthread,i actually have one left.So i'll DEFINITELY use the Instant Counter.Thank's ken! :D
I don't see where you have an HP. You did earn one, but you used it right away, so you're still at 0.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 am
Apparently Coyotecode doesn't agree with you,as i got an 18 on the Dodge save...:(
You failed by less than 5, so you're only Hindered and Vulnerable... meh. Move at -1 Speed and have a -2 penalty on further checks until you break free. You're fine. Given the nature of the attack, we can probably help break you free too.

Besides.... they haven't gotten any real hits in on us yet. Might as well give 'em SOMETHING. ;) Even if you do have an HP that got forgotten/missed somewhere (your most recent IC posts show you should have 0), it almost seems like a waste to spend it on something like this.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 am But if you only failed by 1 degree, so you should still be able to attack the entangle on your action.

Since, if you do spend the HP to instant counter, then you lose your next action.
Depending on weither or not i even have it still or not,as i THINK i spent my last one to counter a Fatigue on a Surge action....
If not,then i'll just be waiting for my next turn anyway(though i'll be a bit bummed,as that Instant Counter would've looked Cool) :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 am I don't think i have an HP left.... :? If i do,then i'll definitely use Instant Counter,if not i'll just edit....
Checking backthread,i actually have one left.So i'll DEFINITELY use the Instant Counter.Thank's ken! :D
I don't see where you have an HP. You did earn one, but you used it right away, so you're still at 0.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 am
You failed by less than 5, so you're only Hindered and Vulnerable... meh. Move at -1 Speed and have a -2 penalty on further checks until you break free. You're fine. Given the nature of the attack, we can probably help break you free too.

Besides.... they haven't gotten any real hits in on us yet. Might as well give 'em SOMETHING. ;) Even if you do have an HP that got forgotten/missed somewhere (your most recent IC posts show you should have 0), it almost seems like a waste to spend it on something like this.
I wasn't sure if i miss counted,that's why i'm glad Ken(and now you Epic) double checked me,as i don't want to be accused of cheating...

I guess i'll just take the Hindered&Vulnerable for now...Thank's for the help guy's! :D
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

For future reference, you don't take Fatigued for Extra Effort until the end of your turn. So it doesn't affect you until the beginning of your next turn.

As a result, most players don't spend an HP to counter Fatigue until the following turn - especially their last HP. That way if you horribly flub a save in between your actions, you still have the HP to spend, so instead of being taken out of the fight, you are just Fatigued.

Which is fairly innocuous in 3e compared to 2e.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:47 am For future reference, you don't take Fatigued for Extra Effort until the end of your turn. So it doesn't affect you until the beginning of your next turn.

As a result, most players don't spend an HP to counter Fatigue until the following turn - especially their last HP. That way if you horribly flub a save in between your actions, you still have the HP to spend, so instead of being taken out of the fight, you are just Fatigued.

I'll try to remember that,as i played/ran 1e for SO long i occasionally have trouble keeping track of my HP spending(PL 10 Heroes were given 5 HP in the 1e version)...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:47 am For future reference, you don't take Fatigued for Extra Effort until the end of your turn. So it doesn't affect you until the beginning of your next turn.

What he said.

On a side note;
kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 am Since, if you do spend the HP to instant counter, then you lose your next action.
Are you sure about this? You do change your initiative count when you ready an action to counter, though you don't lose your turn, you just change when you act. And when you spend a hero point to instant counter, you do it as a reaction, so readying an action is not necessary, so no changed initiative.

So, I'm just not sure if you got this from somewhere else that I'm not seeing. I looked at the Countering Effects, Ready Action and Hero Point use sections.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Looks like I am remembering 2e rules. 3e simply says you spend an HP to counter as a reaction without using a readied action.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:04 am Looks like I am remembering 2e rules. 3e simply says you spend an HP to counter as a reaction without using a readied action.
Fair enough! Wouldn't be the first time I miss-remembered something from an older version of a game. :lol: Did it recently with Starfinder and Pathfinder's Skill Focus feat.

Pathfinder's skill focus improved to a +6 when you have 10 ranks in the skill, Starfinder removed that part. Just +3 forever.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Still not sure what to think of all the stuff in Starfinder Just yet, but I've only been in a single PBP of the game as of now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:07 am Still not sure what to think of all the stuff in Starfinder Just yet, but I've only been in a single PBP of the game as of now.
It has some interesting concepts and mechanics in play. I like how they have themes and archetypes that can be applied to any class to give it some unique flavor and fit particular themes, but I also find it punishes you in some of the absolute strangest ways.

Solarian for example... so many limitations on it's class abilities for absolutely no reason, some of their revelations are good, but get pre-emptivly nerfed hard, damage that is not up to the scale of the level you get things at for example. It's such a cool looking class in concept, but gets utterly wrecked by over-cautiousness in "balancing" them.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:24 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:07 am Still not sure what to think of all the stuff in Starfinder Just yet, but I've only been in a single PBP of the game as of now.
It has some interesting concepts and mechanics in play. I like how they have themes and archetypes that can be applied to any class to give it some unique flavor and fit particular themes, but I also find it punishes you in some of the absolute strangest ways.

Solarian for example... so many limitations on it's class abilities for absolutely no reason, some of their revelations are good, but get pre-emptivly nerfed hard, damage that is not up to the scale of the level you get things at for example. It's such a cool looking class in concept, but gets utterly wrecked by over-cautiousness in "balancing" them.
That's been the main problem of every single RPG ever created:Maintaining a balanced game system.I've owned a total of 10 Tabletop RPG games in my entire life; 4 Superheroic(Marvel FASERIP, DC Universe, Heroes Unlimited, Mutants and Masterminds),3 Fantasy(Palladium Fantasy, Dungeones&Dragons, Fantasy/Dragon AGE), 3 Futuristic(RIFTS, Werewolf The Apocalypse, Star Trek Adventures) and all of them have occasionally had trouble with Balancing issues.I could go into them at length,but i'd just bore you ;) .