Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Tattooedman »

“I want to build a team of some very bad people who can do some good. We run them covertly, non-attributed, on a strictly need to know basis. And if they get caught, we throw them under the bus.”

~ Stewart Bonham, pitching his plan to reactivate Team Cerberus.

--
This is a villain-themed game idea that I've had in the back of my head for a little while. The basics are as follows;
  • PL 10 (150 pp) 3E
  • I use House Rules for Skills - 1 pp buys 3 ranks, except for Melee & Ranged Combat (which is done as RAW).
  • No banned powers, though I do reserve the right to talk about "tweaking" anything that might seem a bit much.
  • The game is set in the Freedom City setting, so if anyone is interested in making an established villain workable for the game I've got no problem with it.
  • And to help give a feel for the setting, here's a link to My take on the Freedom City Setting. Feel free to use any crook you may find there or have ties between any of them & your character.
PC List:
Snowblind by catsi563
Magenta by Flynnarrel
Red Death III MaynSnow
Tsalmaveth Doctor Malsyn
Cat Noir by EpicEclipse
Oni by Camus
Madame Curare Batgirl III
GeoTek by kenseido
Buzzbomb by pathfinderq1

Submissions:
Amanita
Dr. Roboto
Zzzzt
Clayton Cole
Stim
Debris
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 am, edited 14 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
pathfinderq1

Re: Suicide Squad In Freedom City (Interest Check)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Certainly interested in something like this. Not terribly well-versed in the Freedom City setting, but I had planned on picking up the sourcebook soon- will have to move that timetable up.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Not often you get to play a villainous sort. I'm interested.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've been itching to play a villian for some time, and I even have a few ideas for that already laid out. Count me in.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Are any of those ideas a luck manipulating mage type? Cause that is what I am considering to pitch.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:54 pm Are any of those ideas a luck manipulating mage type? Cause that is what I am considering to pitch.
Rest assured that they're not! I'm thinking of going with one of my oldest characters from back in my edgy days, give him a tune up. He was an assassin that worked for a meta-human mob, could move himself and things he touched through shadows.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

the TVERSE? oh hell yeah I'm in
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Camus

Post by Camus »

Let's try for a fourth time to get in one of your games! The concept is really appealing, as someone said up there it is not often you get a GM willing to host a villain game.
I'm entertaining the idea of either a killer croc type of character (ie half human half animal), or a man out of time warrior, with chain mail and what not.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, villains being press ganged into service for the greater good. ;)
Tattooedman

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by Tattooedman »

Well it seems that there enough of an interest that I can turn this into a recruitment thread.

So let's see some builds folks!
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

2 questions beforehand:
1) what edition are you using? If it's 2e i know who i'm using,if it's 3e then it'll take me till saturday to post it for review(same character regardless)

2) How often will the posting be? reason i ask is 'cause rl tend to occasionally get ugly with me and i don't want to slow the game down if i get picked...

As an aside(and general spoiler),the character i want to use is established.I'm honestly kinda torn between either The Bee-Keeper or The Red Death. I like both their gimmick's and backstories,but i could make an original person out of Keeper but Death is already established with a mission already going on(he was in a feud with some gangster somewhere in Southside,i think) so i don't have to do much work......
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Question for those more familiar with the Freedom City setting then me, is there anything akin to a shadow-realm ir what-have-you?
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

1) Sorry, it's 3E.
2) As for posting I'd like to try for every couple of days. My own schedule can be a bit difficult to manage sometimes so I understand.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Are we starting incarcerated, or are bribed/blackmail or otherwised coerced?

Either way thinking of building a max using powerhouse.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Probably a mobility-type, either speedster or teleporting thief (more thief than teleporter, and maybe connected with Magpie).

I'll try to get the Freedom City guide tonight, and see if that sparks anything more specific.