Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

kenseido wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm Wow. Nathan is not going to be getting along with anyone...
Who said our characters had to like each other? We're supervilians! :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Do you think we're about finished with the helicopter scene? It seems with Curare getting ball gagged and everyone else fairly cowed, there's not much left for us to post.

Edit: Okay, I just couldn't help myself. Dave would absolutely use this as a chance to get back at them in his own way.
Yeah, pretty much. I've got the next scene change in the works. Just busy at work & have an educational award of excellence ceremony to go to after (my teenager has maintained a straight A grade average her entire high school run).

So after that & dinner with the family I'll get that posted.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well, maybe I had different expectations for this game. I have already played Paranoia once. And that was plenty.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

kenseido wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm Well, maybe I had different expectations for this game. I have already played Paranoia once. And that was plenty.
Honestly man, we're just all starting out. Nobody should really be trusting each other in game. Give us a few misions first, and we'll start to forge ourselves a commaraldie.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 pm
kenseido wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm Well, maybe I had different expectations for this game. I have already played Paranoia once. And that was plenty.
Honestly man, we're just all starting out. Nobody should really be trusting each other in game. Give us a few misions first, and we'll start to forge ourselves a commaraldie.
Yeah. We honestly have no real reason to trust each other yet. None of our characters have worked together before (A little shocked *no one* made connections like that before) and mainly only have rumors and reputations to go by for the most part.

I think you may be just a bit over-wary Ken, though based on your implied previous experiences, at least I can understand why.

Like Malsyn said, just give it a little time until we realize in character just how important working together is going to be.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

My favorite quote from The Handmaiden's Tale is "If they didn't want us to be an army, they shouldn't have given us matching uniforms."

:)
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am willing to give this game a chance and see where it goes.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

There’s a big difference between characters who don’t get along with each other and players who don’t get along with each other. I think we’re safely on the right side here.

In fact, despite our character’s reps, none of them are actually dedicated “I Work Alone!” type grumps. Most of us had partners or even groups we worked with in the past. We should be able to gel into a functional unit soon enough... But we’ve all got to flex our egos a bit first.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I actually debated asking Ken if he wanted Geotek to be on the 3 man team that originaly got caught by foreshadow and panda would make for an interesting connection maybe even Cat as well since that's her type of job.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The only thing is it would have to have some sort of PSI connection.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

PSI did plenty of for money work and getting their hands on some of Evas research would be bonus points for them. especially if they could get their Psi claws into the new CEO of Evas think tank, imagine the heads up theyd get on new science or tech rolling down the pipe enabling them to get a financial advantage or tech advantage over the authorities or heroes
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well the other side of the coin is that GeoTek was supposed to get caught. They were using his capture to break out someone else. So anybody else with him would have to be instructed to let him get caught, or they were going to get caught as well.

And, of course, add to that Nathan isn't the same person who walked into Blackstone. Literally a different person after his psychotic break.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:01 pm There’s a big difference between characters who don’t get along with each other and players who don’t get along with each other. I think we’re safely on the right side here.

In fact, despite our character’s reps, none of them are actually dedicated “I Work Alone!” type grumps. Most of us had partners or even groups we worked with in the past. We should be able to gel into a functional unit soon enough... But we’ve all got to flex our egos a bit first.
Well, to be fair, Cat IS a solo artist. She doesn't have a history of working WITH others, though she has no scruples about using them. Trust may be an issue with her, but she's also not known for leaving corpses behind. ^_^
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:01 pm There’s a big difference between characters who don’t get along with each other and players who don’t get along with each other. I think we’re safely on the right side here.

Well, to be fair, Cat IS a solo artist. She doesn't have a history of working WITH others, though she has no scruples about using them. Trust may be an issue with her, but she's also not known for leaving corpses behind. ^_^
Dave probably worked with gangs early on in his career, but after that he would've became a largely solo, neutral entity and killer for hire. He probably had a few contacts that he used to keep himself employed, but that was it. This will be his first time I heard he needs to work with a group rather then trusting his own skill alone.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Dave probably worked with gangs early on in his career, but after that he would've became a largely solo, neutral entity and killer for hire. He probably had a few contacts that he used to keep himself employed, but that was it. This will be his first time I heard he needs to work with a group rather then trusting his own skill alone.
A-Ry himself was part of a well-jelled group untill the Leadership caused it to partly implode,so he could work in a group rather well if he formed enough trust in them.In fact,a couple of use have a Superhero in common specifically Cat Noir,Red Death,Madam Curare,and maybe Magneta/Violet(was never mentioned in bio);Foreshadow and Raven. Heck,we're practically 2/rds of Foreshadow's Supervillian Rogue's Gallery.... :)