Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

Normal Invention rules require 5 hours per power point in the power.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

kenseido wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:35 pm Normal Invention rules require 5 hours per power point in the power.
To clarify; it's 1 hour per point for the design phase and 4 per point for the creation phase. Reasonably, if you are making something you have already designed, you can skip the design phase.

For the crafting phase, you can also take a -5 penalty per time rank on your craft check to reduce the time per point per the time/distance chart (2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 8 minutes, 4 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute etc) and you can use a hero point to jury rig, increasing the DC by 5 but it takes 1 round per point.

So if your pill is Immunity 1, Affects others, Continuous, that's 3pp, the base DC is 13. Your expertise for the craft in it has a +6 bonus and no skill mastery (which is a little shocking). At base it would take 12 hours for each pill. You could HP to whip one up in 3 rounds with a DC18, or you could take a -5 on the check to do it in 6 hours regularly against DC13, or a round and a half (9 seconds) with the -5 penalty at DC18.

Additionally, there could be a circumstance penalty for lacking appropriate tools on hand since you also do not have improvised tools to negate that.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

There’s a much easier way to become immune to Red Death’s poisonous gas. Just let Dr. Sin capture you and spend a few years subjecting you to mind-breaking torture, horrifically abusive espionage training, and forbidden alchemical experimentations. Easy-peasy!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Or you could build a suit of power armor with a built-in rebreather.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Well since unlike most gas attacks it has neither cloud nor burst area, that means he has to specifically shoot YOU, I'm not worried. Our control magics said that is a no-no, right?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I have also seen people take ranks of Quickness limited to inventing to reduce the time for designing and crafting. I personally kind of frown on it, but the DC still exists, natural 1s can still happen, so it isn't foolproof, just seems like a cheesy workaround for the time constraints baked into inventing to keep it from being a psudo-variable power that is significantly cheaper and in a way more versatile.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:49 pm Well since unlike most gas attacks it has neither cloud nor burst area, that means he has to specifically shoot YOU, I'm not worried. Our control magics said that is a no-no, right?
Also a fair point, though being a gas all the same makes it vulnerable to a gust of wind complication (caused perhaps by Cat's bad luck complication)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Didn't hurt to ask.Trying to be a good team player,after all! :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dave has a partial immunity to toxins ad disease due to his inhuman biology, so combined with his high fortitude I imagined he'd be in... mostly good shape.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Cat should be able to use one of her scene edit luck points for a lucky gust of wind to at least attempt a counter if push came to shove. :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Maggie's suit has a rebreather.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Oni realises he has no super power
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm Image

Maybe no superpowers, but has peak human strength and naturally superhuman stamina. Even without actual powers he has better natural attributes than anyone present.

Looking us over actually, we are a fairly squishy group on average. But we hit like a truck...made of tanks. Not necessarily individually, but between the debuffs we collectively possess and the few heavy hitters, we're basically a force of nature.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah I hadn't planned on being the team powerhouse, but it looks like GeoTek will have to fill that role.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Camus wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm Image

Maybe no superpowers, but has peak human strength and naturally superhuman stamina. Even without actual powers he has better natural attributes than anyone present.

Looking us over actually, we are a fairly squishy group on average. But we hit like a truck...made of tanks. Not necessarily individually, but between the debuffs we collectively possess and the few heavy hitters, we're basically a force of nature.
Which has me curious 'bout Wainwright's reasoning.Lookin at the numbers,we could concievably take out the current Freedom League roster. Between Magneta/Violet, Myself, Snowblind and Geotek alone we can have half that crew on the ground before they even have an action.All of this Power boggles a question:why all this for 1 person you can take out with a heavy-duty Tranq from a silent chopper with good sensors?..... ;)

This very question is why Alex thinks Wainwright's thrown us into the middle of a Firefight just to get what everybodies fighting over....