Eldritch City- the Beginning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Eldritch City- the Beginning

Post by Spectrum »

Lexi the Dazzling

It's short. Short enough that it's going to leave you hurting when rent comes due, or maybe on that next grocery run.

Grunt grunt grunt. Evidently not a man of many words.

He turns his back on you and walks back on stage to announce the next guest.

The leather clad woman steps out, an uncorked beer bottle dangling from her fingers "I tweeted out a picture of myself in just my underwear..."

and the audience goes wild.
Don't leave the club yet before I give the go.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Fortinbras

As the song comes to a close, the crowd applauds, proudly catcalling,

The siren meets your eyes as she prowls closer towards you, a long line of mily thigh peeking out around her glittery dress.

"Forty, what brings you here?" her hand brushes across her nearly bared chest, "You coming to harass me again?" Close, so very close, her breath warm upon you if you don't move.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Robert Maryn Jr

The atlas is a challenge, using only some of the clues from your vision. While the major highways are familiar, something with contour might be more useful. A few other books, a travel book here and there and you narrow it down more and more.

Eldritch City?

Another book and it shows a street map. You've travelled across the years. Most places have a sense to how they are laid out, a history of a place being reflected in how neighborhoods grow, how commercial, industrial and residential all mix. More recent cities are even laid out on a grid. This.. this hurts your eyes with its wrongness.

Didn't you hear something about it having one of the worst and longest traffic in the States.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Phillip Dremmond
I'll need a few things from you. Sleight of Hand/Stealth and potentially a Strength check.
Cameron nods, slipping into the role easily. Gotta give it to her, she knows what she's doing. Chip on her shoulder but competent.

On your way to the door, you reach down, grabbing for the folder and easily slip it into your bag. Hopefully, all of the eyes are on the girl rather than on you.

The door resists you, it must be locked. You might be able to put enough potence into it to force it open, but can you hide it successfully? Will it give you away?

Sweet. So sweet. The girl smells of old fear and sweat and excitement, now just numb.. and.. relieved?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip trusted the dark of night and the emergency happening elsewhere to cover the swipe of the folder. Sure, he'd try to be discrete, but that spy-crap was never his thing.

Phillip would try the bump key first to open the lock. The small implement was essentially a lockpick gun in that once inserted a tap is all it took to get the tumblers of a lock to align. It didn't really work on padlocks or file cabinets or safes but doors.... it was designed for doors.

If the bumpkey doesn't work he'll force the issue. Slow and steady application of strength should over twist the lock's catch.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Robert Maryn Jr
Cond: Normal
HP: 1
Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 am Eldritch City?

Another book and it shows a street map. You've travelled across the years. Most places have a sense to how they are laid out, a history of a place being reflected in how neighborhoods grow, how commercial, industrial and residential all mix. More recent cities are even laid out on a grid. This.. this hurts your eyes with its wrongness.
Oh, what a tangled web they've woven.

Robert gets an idea of where the place is and how to get there as a spider lowers itself to eye level with him. He looks at it, nodding slightly.

"Indeed. Never thought following my dreams could be so, well, odd."

Robert begins to make plans to head off to this Eldritch City. At least the name sounded interesting.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am Lexi the Dazzling

It's short. Short enough that it's going to leave you hurting when rent comes due, or maybe on that next grocery run.

Grunt grunt grunt. Evidently not a man of many words.

He turns his back on you and walks back on stage to announce the next guest.

The leather clad woman steps out, an uncorked beer bottle dangling from her fingers "I tweeted out a picture of myself in just my underwear..."

and the audience goes wild.
Don't leave the club yet before I give the go.
"Need to talk to my agent, never book me at this club again. Short me on agreed pay, plus these people aren't looking for classic entertainment, just smut if that woman who just went on stage is anything to gauge it by. Is it any wonder stage magic is considered by some a dying art. You know what, I'm going to check out the crowd and get a read on them as they watch this so-called "act". Slipping out towards the club interior and near the entrance, she leaned against the wall as she took in all she could.

OOC: Insight check to get a read on the crowd: Insight check: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Fortinbras

"Fortinbras," he corrects, an automatic response. "Forty" brings to mind his sibling Dogberry. And the whip.

Thoughts of his siblings are not... pleasant. Still, they help him focus, help him keep his eyes on her face when they want to wander elsewhere. "Would that I were here to... hear you. But no, I am working." They know one another in passing, but Fortinbras has never been this close to her before. He feels a little uncertain and uncomfortable. Women who look and sound like her do not normally talk to creatures like him. His black-nailed fingers tighten unconsciously around his glass.

I changed some of the dialogue and altered the scene a little because I misunderstood the situation. I hope that's cool.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Fortinbras

Penny slides up onto the barstool beside you, a long line of leg peeking out.

An arch of her slender brow, before the smile returns. She spins upon the seat, trying to follow your gaze.

"Have you ever Desired, Needed, something even though you know it will destroy you? Know that you risk everything for a brief, incredible moment? A moth to the eternal flame?"
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Lexi the Dazzling

The stage manager gives you another glance. "Good. Gonna leave peaceful?" he glances over to a hulking pile of muscle over in the corner.

Leaning against the grimey wall may not have been the brightest ideas as you feel the thick smoke residue and human sweat cling to your performance clothes.

This isn't your audience. They warmed to you but they didn't want to. You've seen some magicians that would have hit them right off. You just weren't it. They're looking for crass, lowest common denominator, too jaded to see real magic even as they see it. What Winter has come to their souls?

That is, except for one woman that stands out in the back of the audience, near the door. A cascade of ginger hair flowing over her pale shoulders, dancing around her face. You meet her too bright green eyes for a moment, a quick wink and a touch of her finger to the side of her nose. She turns, heading out towards the door.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Robert Maryn Jr

At least the drive isn't too bad, scenic New England plains, forests and dense urban areas. An unsettling feeling, the drive across the landscape echoing closely the weave of the web in the dream (?) world. The visions come every night, urging you forth faster and faster, following the well worn paths laid out by the hand of mankind. They only play at being the Weaver.

The signs along the highway show the approaching Eldritch City, a queasiness, a wrongness, a paradoxical sense of confinement in the open areas, you come closer, the feeling grows deeper.

Is this truly what She wishes for you to do?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Phillip

Cameron looks from side to side, looking for a hand with the tools, looking to see where her so called partner (with a habit of getting his partners into trouble) went to. She glances up at you, a frown in her eyes, a tapping of the ground to the right of her, once, twice, thrice.. before turning back to the patient at hand.

"This scene really should get secured. Where are those police already?"

The door opens at your insistence. You'd expect signs of horrific violence and well.. debauchery, but the large warehouse is but the walls and a thick layer of dust upon the ground. Nobody has been inside of here for quite some time, probably years.

Where did she come from?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip smells around for the supernatural knowing eyes weren't always trustworthy.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Robert Maryn Jr
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Regardless of what or how he felt about, Robert would need some sustenance. Soon. Continuing on his drive, he looked for a place to stay for the night, not too far down the social ladder, but not too high either. If he was going to stay in Eldritch he'd need a new place to set his lair, but for now, a place to rest would be welcome.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am Lexi the Dazzling

The stage manager gives you another glance. "Good. Gonna leave peaceful?" he glances over to a hulking pile of muscle over in the corner.

Leaning against the grimey wall may not have been the brightest ideas as you feel the thick smoke residue and human sweat cling to your performance clothes.

This isn't your audience. They warmed to you but they didn't want to. You've seen some magicians that would have hit them right off. You just weren't it. They're looking for crass, lowest common denominator, too jaded to see real magic even as they see it. What Winter has come to their souls?

That is, except for one woman that stands out in the back of the audience, near the door. A cascade of ginger hair flowing over her pale shoulders, dancing around her face. You meet her too bright green eyes for a moment, a quick wink and a touch of her finger to the side of her nose. She turns, heading out towards the door.
Glancing up at the stage manager, she shrugged. "Just taking in the atmosphere of the place, don't worry. About to leave, you probably won't see me again." Noticing the woman, the wink, and gesture to the side of her nose, Alexis decided she could better use her time by following her. Those eyes, that appearance, what was someone like that doing in a dive like this? Alexis had to know, as she followed the woman towards the door, intent on sating her curiosity.