MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by StarGuard » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:04 am

Roll Call
Pangborn aka Modred
Night Hunter
Velox
Thunderbird


Night Hunter , Velox , Thunderbird . . . . Separately each of you have recently been chasing down rumors of shadows who have been snatching the city's missing children. Law-enforcement has ruled out a slave ring. Velox has been chasing down rumors of a Pied Piper. Night Thrasher, checking a connection to a mysterious band of gypsies recently arrived from Europe. Most strange of all, after receiving a message from his grandfather, Thunderbird has been combing the city's darker connections to the occult .... for fairies. Yeah fairies, after what this city has been through the past ten years, nothing was impossible ... and his grandfather was once the tribal shaman before he retired to New York to spend more time with his grandson.

Each of your investigations have taken a turn far from how it had began. The Pied Piper has been out of the city for weeks, the gypsies aren't stealing children, they're selling them the latest street drug, and instead of fairies . . . . Seperately, all of you have found and defeated.

Image

The alien is defeated and all around the chamber there are children trapped up to their shoulders in a hard sticky substance that seems to keep them asleep.

OOC: I need Bladewind to make an opening post involving what we discussed. If you need any info please PM me.
Other players please free to make an opening post prior to Pangborn's arrival and lets play off of Bladewind's post afterward.


User avatar
Night Hunter
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Night Hunter » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:15 pm

"Just had to be aliens. Again!" Night Hunter murmured to himself.

He looked one of the kids over. More precisely, the alien snot/booger holding her in place. The stuff was probably spewed out by the aliens. NH silently hoped it was just puke, like bee''s wax. He didn't dwell on it.

Seeing the junk was adhered to the walls to secure the kids, he decided to try to get them free. Steeling his resolve, he punched the stuff just adjacent to the girl. His aim was at his own heart height. The Tae Kwon Do guy on the video said that was where the power was in a strike. His goal was to break it where his strength was and spread the break out from there.

HTH Combat D20+8: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
{HOLY MONKEY!!!} :!:

Quietly, he spoke to himself as he worked to free the girl, "Aliens. Aliens. Alien-Ssss! Crap!!! Now way there's just one of those buggy bastards! Let's hope they don't hear me. I'd rather fight than pick boogers but I can't leave'me here. Dammit, let. go. of. her!"

NH still tried to break the girl free. Thoughts of his own alien encounter began scratching at the edges of his mind. The sounds of his parents deaths echoed like artillery in his head. The feeling of his childhood helplessness spurred on his efforts. His own fear and anger pumped more adrenalin into his system. He fought to free the girl as if he was fighting for his own life. His frantic work stopped and he looked at the kids. He remembered Hawkeye didn't come and carry him out. He had been too busy fighting.

"No way I'm getting all of them out by myself. The Avengers don't work alone and I'm no damned Avenger. CRAP!" The last being said louder than intended. Quieting himself, he looked around to see if he had been noticed. He then reached into one of the belt pouches and retrieved a burner phone. With a heavy sigh, he dialed 911.

"This is Night Hunter. ... No, ma'am, this is not a prank. I have located six missing children. I, and they, are at 43rd and Castleway. They are being held by aliens. ... No! I AM being serious! I know this is being recorded, ma'am. ... Ma'am! Send the cops, the FBI and the damned Avengers!!! ... Ma'am look, I know my name is flagged and I know you already hit whatever button you've got to get my ass arrested. I DON'T CARE! I can't get these kids out without help! The damned aliens are going to find me and I can't rescue anyone if I'm armpit deep in four armed pedophiles! Yes! I said I was serious, didn't I?! Now send in the DAMNED AVENGERS!!!! ... Yes, MA'AM, I'll stay on the line."

He knew he had been too loud. He quickly scanned the room and found a fold in the booger covered wall. Still active, he tucked the phone in and slunk back into a shadowed corner to wait for his welcoming party. He retrieved a couple pepper sacks in preparation.

Stealth 1d20+6: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
{Not so spiffy :? }
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."

Hawk
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Hawk » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:46 pm

"Things just keep getting weirder and weirder. Let's see if I can start prying these kids free, can't tell how many there are, and since I don't know how many friends ugly has,as He lets his gaze wander to his recently defeated foe, and continues with his statement. i need to get these kids out of here as quickly as possible."
Thunderbird approaches the closest kid and begins testing the adhesive to attempt to pull them out. "i don't want to start punching walls, since I'm not sure which ones are load bearing. I don't want to bring this structure down on our heads. I would probably survive, but I can't say the same about these kids." The Apache warrior thinks to himself. " I know he has never spoken of it, but I wonder if Gramps has heard of these creatures?"

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 am

Velox
HP: : 1
Condition: : Normal

. . . . .

Velox took another deep shuddering breath, his shoulders slumping as he finally started to relax from his fighting stance. When he spoke at last it was in Italian, his first and go-to language. "<Target appears to be down. Finally... The only consolation to this experience? At least it wasn't some creep like we first thought. Rachele, what's our status?>"

"<Fractures in sections eight, twelve, and twenty. Environmental containment is at 87% normal. There is a .08% amount of structural warping around the Velocity drive. Overall, I think we've done pretty well. Damage is is within acceptable operating procedures, and repairs won't take that long once we're home.>"

Marc grinned under his helmet. "<Any fight we can walk away form is a good one. Come on, let's go check on those kids.>"

A soft whir accompanied each footstep while the young hero stretched his arms in transit. The suit may've been able to shield him from the worst of that creature's attacks but he was still left bouncing around half the time. It was going to be tough trying to explain to his parents how his arm got so bruised when he had the dumb idea to block instead of dodge.

"<Hm... Seems to be some kind of organic resin. Possibly mixed with a sedative absorbed through the skin to slip them into a comatose state. Or... something. I should take back a sample and see what it's really made of. Think they're safe enough to pull them out?>"

"<I recommend we call for an ambulance and let the professionals be the judge of that first. They don't seem to be in any immediate danger right now.>"

"<Yeah, you're probably right.>"

"<I often am.>"

Shaking his head with a smile, Marc dialed up the emergency line and started to make his report. He'd hang back until he heard the sirens starting to pull up just in case any more surprises came about. He busied himself with gathering samples of the resin, drawing blood from the creature nearby, and trying to gather up anything else that could prove useful to analyze. SHIELD would probably be coming around to deal with it later, maybe try to interrogate it once it woke up, so this was the only real chance for him to get any solid answers on just what was going on here.

---
Investigation (Gather evidence) : 18
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Bladewind » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 am

Jonathan Pangborn
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Pangborn stood up and tossed the Coke can into the recycling bin. He was dressed, well, not like you would expect a practitioner of the mystic arts to dress. Watching the screen on his cell phone, he tapped to change windows. Each one showed him a similar and yet different scene. He watched as the three heroes defeated the aliens.

It was odd, he had been following these individuals while pursuing this case for what felt like months. He had a good feeling about them. Watching them move to the children and/or move to secure the area reinforced that notion. They had defeated the creature with little harm to themselves and no casualties among the children. They would do nicely.

Yes. They will do well. He thought to himself.

Pulling on his jacket, he wove a pattern in the air and the air in his doorway rippled. He stepped through, making sure that his portal put him in line of sight of his goal. He did not want to get mistaken for something he was not.

"Good. You found this lair." He said, announcing his presence as if his portal had not done so already. "I am Jonathan Pangborn. I take no credit for you getting here. You've done that on your own. But I have been following your exploits. I simply hoped you'd make your way here.

"And right now, you're needed."


Energy flashed around his hands as he bound the felled alien (Mystic Constructs: Create 5 [Continuous; Innate, Precise, Subtle]) for good measure. He waited patiently for Night Hunter to answers him, expecting a rebuke or a statement asking him who he thought he was. He'd answer of course, but there was little time.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Night Hunter
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Night Hunter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:18 am

Night Hunter cautiously stepped from the shadows. His head remained on a pivot. Making sure his voice changer was back on,

"You've obviously got some kind of power. But I don't think you're with the Avengers. No way the 911 operator has had enough time. So, you're either here to help me get these kids out or to get your ass kicked. So, Mr. Pangborne, please tell me we can discuss my being needed after we get those kids out of here. Otherwise, there's going to be ice packs and pain killers in your very near future.

So what's going to be?"
Last edited by Night Hunter on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Bladewind » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Jonathan Pangborn
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

About five minutes ago:

Jonathon glanced down at his cellphone, watching the events unfold with some sense of satisfaction. With a swipe of his finger, the window changed to another scene that was playing out much the same. Finally a third and he nodded to himself as if it were time.

He could not take credit - and wouldn't for that matter - for the three individuals that were taking down the alien creatures. They had followed their own paths to get where they needed to be. He may have nudged a little, the aliens were a little strong for him to face mano a non-mano. His mind flashed back to his encounter with Stephen Strange and how he had set the man who would be a powerful sorcerer on his path, all the while looking to be a simple man with simple desires.

Enough.

Putting the phone down, he focused his energies inward. He had to be careful how he expended his energy, lest he attract certain individuals whom he'd rather avoid. Still, it was worth the risk. These three, they were ready. And they were needed.

The energy built slowly, the better to hide its use, and his form began to glow a bright golden light. First one, then a few seconds later a second, until finally a third copy of himself appeared. They were simulacra, but they'd do.

In turn, each of the three duplicates opened a portal and stepped through, even as the application on his phone shut off.


The first portal opened to Night Hunter's location. The copy of Pangborn nodded.

"My power as you call it, is rather trivial compared to your own. But agreed, we can attempt to free the children, or perhaps bring them to a safer location?"

He examines the cocoons for himself, trying to determine if they are doing anything other than keep the children asleep.

OOC - I flipped the builds in the post with my sheet - the one that I was using was actually at the bottom of the page and the original at the top. Also tweaked a few spells and power stunts. And yes, I'm blowing my HP out of the gate, but no pain no gain as they say.

Using this: In Three Places at Once: Summon 5 [Multiple Minions 2; Distracting; Mental Link, Quirk -5 (3 minions instead of four), Activation],
Invisibility: Concealment 10 [All Senses; Passive, Resistible; Precise].

The duplicates are rather weak, comparatively speaking. They really only have his Teleportation ability and perhaps his skills. They don't need to be more than that, and this is not a stunt I intend to use very often.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Bladewind » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Jonathan Pangborn
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Meanwhile, a second portal opened.

"Indeed, Thunderbird." Pangborn said, raising his hands so that the man in front of him had a clear view of him. "Please forgive my rather abrupt arrival, my name is Jonathan Pangborn. I take no credit for you getting here. You've done that on your own. But I have been following your exploits. I simply hoped you'd make your way here.

"What you may not know, is that others of similar callings have found other lairs. You are correct in that the children must be secured, but know that time is of the essence. "
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Bladewind » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Jonathan Pangborn
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

And finally, a third portal opened.

"Impressive. You are Velox if I am not mistaken." Pangborn said as he stepped through, raising his hands so that the man in front of him had a clear view of him. "Please forgive my rather abrupt arrival, my name is Jonathan Pangborn. I take no credit for you getting here. You've done that on your own. But I have been following your exploits. I simply hoped you'd make your way here.


Of the three that he had been observing, Velox was the greatest variable. Technology and mystic arts - despite being one and the same to many beings - were often at odds as sufficiently advanced technology appeared to be magical to those that could not understand it and in contrast, magic was elusive and non quantifiable to the scientific mind.

"This is the third, perhaps the fourth such discovery this evening. If you think that moving the children - resin and all - is a good idea, then perhaps we might move them to a safer location.

"At the end of it all though, I need your help."
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Night Hunter
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Night Hunter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:59 pm

"Safer works. But if this is a screw job... Hell, you get it. Let''s get them out of here first, then we'll talk."

NH walks back over to the girl he had begun helping. He worked his gloved fingers into the area he had broken earlier. He began to pull and break pieces loose. Glancing at Pangborn from time to time, he kept working until she was free. He gently laid her on the floor. He recognized her face.

He had seen them all at the Boy's & Girl's Club in his neighborhood. Sarge, the man who ran the Club, had been worried when they began going missing. That's how this thing got started. Sarge had asked the older kids to walk the younger home and keep eyes on them. It hadn't help. Alex dawned his Night Hunter gear and had begun looking for clues. He had found toys from the kids in the alleyways between the Club, their homes and here. Worn out trash to anyone else, but to someone who saw them everyday, they were precious items discarded by an uncaring predator.

"We need to hurry. Can you use your teleportation powers to get the others out quicker? I can stand watch. Damned aliens! They're just kids."
Last edited by Night Hunter on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Velox
HP: : 1
Condition: : Normal

. . . . .

Velox tried to process the scene before him. Just seconds ago a ring of yellow sparks formed in front of him, the center of which cutting away reveal a plainly dressed man that then stepped though with his arms up in peace. He felt his subconscious cuing the neural interface to replay the event again in slow motion once, twice, and a third time. Just so he could try to really process just what the hell he witnessed.

He knew the theory behind wormholes, and the battle of New York was proof enough in his mind that they were scientifically feasible. That technology should be light-years beyond what Earth had however. Which would either heavily imply that this man was an alien who seemed remarkably human, or a genius leagues beyond even Stark. His manner of dress and the room he stepped out of however heavily implied he was neither, as well as the fact he didn't seem to have anything capable of creating a portal on hand.

A mystery then. Rachelle remained silent, quietly performing an analysis the figure before them and storing the information away in her databanks.

"We're going to talk about what you did just now," He started, pointing at the inexplicable spacial-borehole behind Jonathan. "Later. When we're finished with this mess first. I've already contacted the authorities, they should be here in about... ten minutes judging from the distance between here and the hospital. SHIELD- probably even quicker. I give them five tops."

Marc wet his lips, and tried his best to tear his eyes from the portal and focus on the man instead. "You said you need help. I'll take your word for now that you're not trying to pull something, but just know that the instant I catch you reaching for a gun or... Whatever else you have, you'll be face down in the dirt in under a second. So, 'John'... What did you want me to help with?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Hawk
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Hawk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 pm

THUNDERBIRD
HP:1

"Pangborn is it? Well, if you have need of my help, how about an assist on getting these kids free first." Thunderbird continues his efforts to get the children loosened from their confinement. Pangborn, how about giving me some background on yourself, and why you have need of me."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Bladewind » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:22 am

Jonathan Pangborn
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Addressing Night Hunter, the copy of Pangborn nodded. The portal that he had used to arrive had closed, and he gestured in the air with the double-ring on his right hand.

"Indeed, I can." He stated as the air rippled with what appeared to be sparks or embers in a growing circle until a hole in reality opened from their current location to a police parking lot.

"I will maintain this, but I can't do so forever. Either get them through or get help, but do either quickly."

The scene replayed in much the same manner in two other locations with perhaps the only real variation that he promised to explain himself when the children were safe(r) and maybe a line or two about if he had wanted to cause harm, announcing himself wasn't really the way to go about it.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Hawk
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Hawk » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:58 pm

THUNDERBIRD
HP:1

Thunderbird continues to free the children as quickly as possible, and takes a burner phone to call for emergency assistance at his current location. After walking through Pangborn's doorway, he turns to the "Gate Keeper", and states, "Alright, So how about some answers. I can be patient,but since you found me I would appreciate some more Intel."
Thunderbird continues to look around and examine his surroundings. Using his heightened senses to ensure this isn't an attempt to get the drop on him.
Last edited by Hawk on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Night Hunter
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am

Re: MCU 2.1 Trailer 2

Post by Night Hunter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Without another word, NH moved the girl to the parking lot. He quickly returned and broke the cacoons and pulled the others free. One by one, they were carried out. Shouting to the officers,

"These kids need medical attention, NOW!!!"

NH then slipped back through the gate of glowing sparks. He looks at the man who assisted he and the kids.

"You held up your end, I'll listen to what you have to say. We'd be better off doing that away from here though. The bug-armed pedo-people could be back any time."
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."

Post Reply