New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Bruise x1


Stretching his head back out into the corridor Taheka saw that their opponents were down and out "Ka pai, can you inside here" Taheka asked once everyone was inside Taheka pointed to the roller doors "Once Ogre opens the roller doors we should be pass those force fields and able to get to the mind controller ... but they may still whammy us before we can do anything"

Thanking hard and feeling like his head was starting to hurt Tamati whispered "Okay there should be another locker like this next door. Firstly Cacophony can you do the same trick with the sound so Ogre can break through it, Wally can you keep an eye on the hole over there in case someone tries to sneak up on us. Once you are through the wall go to the door I will stretch out my arms and touch Ogre and Wally on the shoulder which is when you open the doors. Cacophony once the doors are open I want you to scream for all its worth at the first stranger or strangers you see and I will do the same from this door. If anyone is still standing that is when Ogre and you Wally finish them off."

"Any questions? If not lets do this dudes"
OOC wrote: The plan is for Ogre to smash through the wall at E18 and then Ogre and Shakes will open the roller doors when Taheka stretching out his arms taps them on the shoulder at the same time. Cacophony will have a readied action to scream, hopefully she does have an area attack :)

Taheka will also move into the corridor and stunt an area attack Water Blast 8 (Extra: Area Cone Flaw: Touch range). on the first opponents he sees. DC18 Reflex save for a DC23/19 Toughness Save

McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: On alert


Otso eyed their surroundings as Nate told them what they were up against. He'd stopped by the doors, one hand almost touching them, waiting for the others to motion they'd move forward.

He'd taken the forward position to put himself into danger first, rather than risk his friends, but he wasn't sure what he could do about a threat like this.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

"Billiards," Lex mutters as he looks around Otso to peer into the room, "Well, I think I can just cover myself in plasma, walk right on up to him and punch him the face, challenge is going to be finding him."

"He carry any electronics or anything out of the ordinary?"



McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: On alert


As Lex peeked past him, Otso sniffed the air to try and find their adversary in his own unique way.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

Michuru
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:14 pm

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
Greystone's blow caused the winged man to crumple at his feet.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Shiver (23 – E6)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – H10)
The rerolled attack will hit Takeuchi: Takeuchi - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+6 13 Ouch. Down.

From where they are, Ultra Mauler and Vespertine won’t be doing anything. Same for Candyman and son. Key will be up, Arkrite!
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
The very instant he informed the team of his discovery, Nate looked worried. “Creeper,” he said. “He controls insects. He’s sadistic. I’ve seen him make them swarm over someone—suffocate them by crawling into their mouth…”

The Drifter swallowed back the vomit.

At the threat of danger, Ursa took point. If they were facing an ambush, he was determined to take it before any of his friends suffered. The Finnish youth was not accustomed to working with Current, however: he underestimated how masochistic the American could be. “Billiards,” he said, looking around the bear to peer into the room. “Well, I think I can just cover myself in plasma, walk right on up to him, and punch him in the face. Challenge is going to be finding him.”

“You don’t know the half of it,” said his grandson.

“He carry any electronics of anything out of the ordinary?”

“Not since I came aboard,” Nate said, grimacing apologetically. “He’s disturbingly cautious. What’s more, he may not even be in that room. He doesn’t just control bugs, Pop. Creeper can use them. Rumor was he was a spy or something before his arrest. He would send bugs into buildings and learn things through them—never even had to leave the house.”

Ursa sniffed the air, hoping to catch a wiff of the man. Instead, he caught a familiar scent. He’d been getting a headache over all of this time travel and parallel worlds… but now it seemed it was about to get worse.

“E-excuse me,” said the werebear from the billiard rooms. Lex’s eyes fell on a bear, bound and shackled with strange, silvery threads. “Is there any chance one of you could help me? If we hurry, I might be able to help the rest of my team…”

Derryl looked to Ursa with some alarm. “I… I think it’s you—the you I know…”

There was no denying it for Ursa: whoever was bound in there had his scent.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round One
  • Current (23)
  • Ursa (8)
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
"Kasamir, please! You need to stop this!"

“You realize that ve know vat you are, Herr Illusionist.” The Herzog smirked. “Your little tricks do not vork, mein freund.”

Cascade thrust both arms forward and a stream of water exploded past him, striking Confectionery in the chest. The water dissolved her body. There was a massive, gaping hole in her chest. There was no way the woman had survived it, Prehistoric realized.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Four
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x3, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x3, Dead, Disabled, Injured x3, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Herzog Kasamir - Will - DC 18: 1d20+9 21

Cascade will go for Confectionery’s last location: Cascade - Attack: 1d20+10 20 & Cascade - Concealment - DC 11: 1d20 15 Hits. Confectionery - Toughness - DC 35: 1d20 11 & Confectionery - Constitution Check - DC 10: 1d20+2 5

David is up, Shock.
DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
With Shakes watching their rear, Cacophony muffled the sound of Ogre ripping through another wall. Taheka turned to signal to his classmate to help, only to see Cacophony engaged with Tantivy—no doubt controlled like her brother was.

Shakes pressed through the hole and grabbed the bottom of the door. No doubt he was looking to avoid a fight with a teammate and focused instead on stopping the one controlling her.

He raised the doors and Taheka sent a vortex of water at the two women on the other side. It looked as though the pressure from his blast left welts on both women’s bodies.

Behind him, Taheka could hear Tantivy growl as she continued to fight Cacophony. His attention was soon summoned back to their true opponents: the tall, thick blonde was swinging her arms through the air strangely. “Bettig wehranar,” she said.

“Take out the mind controller!” Cacophony called from the hall. “She’s fast, but not strong enough to hurt me! I can hold her back!”
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Five
  • Tantivy (49 – I19): Fanatical
  • Prodigy (24 - B19): Helpful
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19): Bruised, Spell (R5)
  • The Embalming Man (18 – A16): Bruised x3, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Cacophony (18 - B18)
  • Duiwel (15 – B13): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R3)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20): Bruised
  • Ogre (5 – B14)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Taheka (B18)
As the heroes move into position to set this all up, Tantivy will move around to counter. Shakes, watching the hole, will be the closest. She’ll go for him: Tantivy - Attack - Power Attack 3: 1d20+5 6 Eww… I’m going to fiat for her. Hero point to you, Gilliam. Tantivy - Attack - Power Attack 3: 1d20+5 23 That’ll work. Shakes - Toughness - DC 26: 1d20+8 28 Perfection!

Shakes hesitate to attack back. Cacophony doesn’t have such problems. Cacophony will move an punch—maintaining the auditory obscure. Cacophony - Attack: 1d20+4 12 That’ll miss.

Ogre tears through the wall. Shakes will take his action now, moving into the new room and raising the door.

Sycophant - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 22 & Sycophant - Toughness - DC 19: 1d20 10 I flubbed up here. She has +8 Toughness from Sister Clarissa’s Affects Others Force Field. It wasn’t on her sheet, so I forgot to apply it when I rolled. So, bruised.

Sister Clarissa - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+3 13 & Sister Clarissa - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+9 20 Bruised.

New round! Tantivy will throw her all into hitting Cacophony: Tantivy - Attack - Power Attack 5: 1d20+3 15 & Cacophony - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+12 31

Cacophony will go total defense.

Sycophant will target Shakes: Shakes - Will - DC 18: 1d20+6 22 Shakes will resist.

Ogre will follow instructions and attack the closest enemy still standing—Sister Clarissa: Ogre - Attack - Power Attack 5: 1d20+3 13 That’ll miss.

Shakes will go for the magus: Shakes - Attack: 1d20+8 23 & Sister Clarissa - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+8 26

Taheka is up!


EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Moving up, Cooker took an unimpeded shot at Cleave’s sword. The blast of energy caused it to shatter and the shrapnel from it faded from existence before it could hit the floor.

Fach looked furious. Taking a deep breath, she unleashed another sonic scream—one that seemed to leave her enemies stunned.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Six
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3 > E5)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Fatigued (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20): Stunned (Fach, R5), Staggered
  • Ersatz (12 - E6): Bruised, Entangled, Stunned (Fach, R5), Suffocating
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered, Unconscious
Ersatz - Fortitude - DC 11: 1d20+5 23

Sword - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+10 14 Sword is a non-heroic minion, so it goes poof.

Fach will go for another scream. Reflex DC 18 vs. Toughness 23.

Ugly Amy - Reflex- DC 18: 1d20+3 5 & Ugly Amy - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+8 18 Bruised and stunned again.

Ersatz - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 15 & Ersatz - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+5 18

I feel the need to point out how Ersatz failed the Reflex by 2. It might sneak by just how awesome that is. Ersatz 1) has Evasion; 2) is entangled by Fluxx. Entangled imposes a -4 penalty to Dexterity, reducing his Reflex save by 2. Basically, were it not for Fluxx snaring him right now, he would have made the Reflex save, then ignored the Toughness save. My point being, just because it’s not as flash as exploding everything in the vicinity with your mind, or just because it doesn’t yield the best result—Ersatz going nighty-night—it’s a pretty major contribution here. I think it’s pretty awesome.

Anyway, Amy’s stunned so just the recovery check: Ugly Amy - Recovery Check - DC 10: 1d20+5 6 She’ll hang onto the bruise.

Everyone is stunned or downed, so it’ll go to a new round with Fluxx leading off.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3268
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Fluxx
HP:1
CND:Fatigued, Bruised 1, Injured 1

"Perfect, Zank you!" Fluxx says to Cooker as the sword crumbles. "Now Get Amy. So Fach does no need to..." The ear piercing shriek split the air.
Ref: 1D20+7-1 = [12]+7-1 = 18 with Fatigue penalty that barely makes it. Evasion for no damage.
".. do zat." He says when his face re-emerges from it's hiding place. The sonic ripples pass through his hardened gelatinous flesh without harm.

"'Oney, I know you're tired but try moving away from 'er." Fluxx suggests. He checks to make sure he flesh still encapsules the German war criminal. Given that he was part of a regime that did bad things to France and cold-heartedly killed Oscar, Fluxx couldn't feel bad for the Suffocating menace (DC12 now).

Through his tether to Ion's encapsulation he tries to wake the boy.
Medicine: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 Full round action to remove the unconscious condition.
"Ion, relax." he says as the boy regains consciousness. "You are safe, and I can pull up enough zat you can get a 'and out to direct your power, zough it will expose you to area affects once again. I cannot pull off of you entirely or 'eal you yet, eet ees... complicated. We could use your 'elp with ze brown-'aired woman on ze external door side of us or I understand if you wish to lay 'ere for a bit, your call." Fluxx says. He couldn't imagine the boy was in fit fighting shape after the nasty sword strike but it couldn't feel good to be left out of assisting if one felt so inclined.
Oh, and thank you Mich. I've never thought of Fluxx as a "flashy" character. But he's useful. :)
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Gilliam
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:11 am

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 > 2 > 1
Condition: Bruise x1


What do you know his plan had sort of worked they had found the mind controller well 2 more chicks of which one must be the mind controller.
“Take out the mind controller!” Cacophony called from the hall. “She’s fast, but not strong enough to hurt me! I can hold her back!”
Shit Tantivy must have been turned, looking between the 2 strangers Taheka could see that the one waving her arms and making weird noises was been double teamed by Ogre and Shakes leaving the other one for him.

Running towards the other woman intending to punch her Taheka pulled back at the last moment and instead tried to use his hand to encase the woman's head in a globe of water.
OOC wrote: Taheka will move to where Sycophant is and use a Suffocate Attack on her.
Taheka Suffocate Attack: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14 HP to reroll
Taheka Suffocate Attack: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
Yuck probably a miss otherwise DC19 fortitude save vs suffocation

Shock
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 2->1
Location: Team Gamma; B9
Shape: Triceratops


Dios mío! David would have cursed aloud if his reptile body would have allowed it. Their guide had just had a hole blasted through her body by a stream of water. Clearly, the one that had been trying to choke him was more dangerous than he appeared. David shifted form to Triceratops, lowered his head and charged.
Charge and power attack for 4
Charge attack: 1d20+5 12 Ug. reroll that before things get out of hand
Charge attack reroll: 1d20+5 15 With the +10, that's a 25. Toughness DC27

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:12 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

"Welp, this is obviously a trap," Lex says crossing his arms looking at the room with a serious air.

"I'ma go spring it," he grins to the others, "You guys come save me when it goes sideways?"

McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: Fine?


Otso grew rapidly pale as he parsed together the familiar scent. "Lex, that's me in there! Or another me from a different dimension! Whatever, he's the real deal. Still might be a trap." He whispered sharply but didn't try to otherwise talk Lex out of it. It wasn't worth the time trying to turn the electric speedster around, and there was some measure of sense to his recklessness. They'd just have to be prepared to back him up if things went south.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:50 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

"Betting on the 'still a trap'. But don't worry, not planning on hurting him," Lex says, patting Otso on the shoulder on his way by.

"Howdie," Lex says as he steps into the room, "I'm Lex. You're Otso. I'm going to give you," He raises his voice and winks broadly "and anybody who might be listening, the quick version then I'm going to cut you free."

"I know, boring, but bear with me," Lex pauses then chuckles to himself, "Ha... bear with me."

He pops out his cellphone and hits the audio recorder app.

"Ahem. Tried the heartstrings last time, but apparently nobody cares about a few billions innocent lives on their hands. So this is the very self serving version," Lex shrugs, "A couple of quick notes: We have no interesting in what you guys did, why you did it, or how you did it. All we want to do is stop our world from ending. Anybody here is free to bail out and head off to any of the other three worlds, start over new."

"Now you're probably thinking, kill the annoying brat, but here's the thing: How many times have your jumps caused you to appear in multiple dimensions at the same time? Something's seriously wrong with this ship, and let's be honest they obviously don't know what they're doing. Next attempt could work, or kill everybody here, or end existence."

"Next thing: Isn't it kind of weird? The robot guy has a portal in his room he uses to hop to another dimension. The shuttles can jump to other dimensions without any kind of bad stuff happening. But this ship just happens to murder everything on a planet when it jumps to another dimension."

"Except these last two times, where apparently it didn't need to."

"I donno. Seems like it doesn't need to kill everything, but it just wants to kill everything."

"So... where does that leave the people working for the robot? I'm just saying, your boss appears to be a genocidal monster planning on murdering every living thing in existence in every dimension it can. I don't think you're going to get that cushy retirement and pension plan."


He looks around trying to remember if he missed anything, "Okay, yeah, that's... all I got."

He turns the recording on his phone off, "Yup, that'll save time later."

"Okay, so now I cut you free," Lex says, pointing to Alter-Otso as he stuff his phone back in his jacket, "And then you and/or Creeper attempt to murder us all. Sound good? Good."

He walks over, pops a thin blade of plasma up from one of his fingers and attempts to slice the material pinning Alter-Otos to the wall, attempting to drain the electricity back into himself rather than zapping the man. Or worse, giving the bear a frizzy perm.

"Man, I'm reaaaaaly hoping you guys aren't just in it for the murder," Lex shakes his head, "I'm going to feel so embarrassed if that's the case."

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:54 am

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP: 2 Condition: Normal

Merle, unable to see anybody who might be attacking at the moment, waited for anybody to make the mistake of poking their head out.
OOC: I don't believe Key can see anybody right now, so he'll just ready an attack on anybody foolish enough to step out into the open.

Michuru
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:14 am

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
Greystone's blow caused the winged man to crumple at his feet. Behind the winged man, the young magus brought the palms of his hands together. The first two fingers of his right hand curved up and around his other hand, then were swept horizontally through the air. Prestige thrust his pinky finger out on his left hand and began to move it in a small circle—counterclockwise—while he slashed upward with his right hand. “Sispom mernu,” he said.

Greystone felt something brush against his feet. Looking down, he saw snakes streaming past him, making their way out into the hallway.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Shiver (23 – E6)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – H10)
Sublime and Viscosity both can’t reach anyone, so it’ll pass to Slag. He’ll go for Shiver: Slag - Attack - Power Attack 2: 1d20+6 14 I’m pretty sure that misses. If I’m wrong, Shock, DC 29 Toughness.

Prestige will summon some snakes who will begin to make their way into the hall. They will just move action this round.

As Arkrite did say Key was waiting (I’ll interpret that as holding your action), you can have at them. Shock, go ahead and give Violet her action, too.
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
“While I have killed,” the elder Otso said, “it was out of necessity. I hope that doesn’t make me a murderer.” The man rubbed his wrists. “Thank you for helping me, but the rest of my team is…” His shoulders sagged helplessly. “I don’t know. They took me out. I woke up here. I hope the rest are…”
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round One
  • Current (23)
  • Ursa (8)
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
Prehistoric ignored Whitaker and focused on Cascade. Ramming the Italian man seemed to knock him off his game: clutching his chest where he’d been struck, the man nearly stumbled down the remaining stairs.

It brought a curse from the Herzog. He was beginning to see through the enemy’s illusions, yes, but he still hadn’t seen the enemy. He tried to calm himself. He reminded himself of his doppelganger—the youth who had acted as a catalyst for his damnable exile. He was denied the use of his eyes, but still he was capable of seeing. It must have been something inherent in their abilities…

Herzog Kasamir closed his eyes and tried to focus on what was going on around him… and again, he swore when he failed to do what he had set out to do. As he did, he felt something trickling from his nose. His eyes opened as he wiped the back of his hand under his nose and spotted crimson across his knuckles.

As he puzzled over the bloody nose, Whitaker’s arms reached for the dinosaur, only to fall short of their target.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Five
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9): Bruised, Stunned (Prehistoric, R4)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Hemophiliac, R4)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x3, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x3, Dead, Disabled, Injured x3, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Cascade - Toughness - DC 27: 1d20+5 19 That’s better than I thought he would do here. Bruised and stunned.

Rebecca will spend the round trying to heal Confectionery.

Herzog Kasamir is going to spend the round trying to use Magnitude’s senses, and I think he should fail. It shouldn’t just be that he wants to, so he does. He has no idea of the theory behind how our Kas does it, so it shouldn’t just occur to him.

Bianca will go for Dark Kas with Perception Fortitude Damage: Herzog Kasamir - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+3 11 Bruised and Stunned.

EDIT: That should be DC 23. Thanks, EO! Also staggered.

Whitaker will go for David: Whitaker - Attack: 1d20+8 10 I think that’s a miss.

New round. Dennis is up, EO.
DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
Taheka encased Sycophant’s head in a globe of water. Unprepared for the ambush, she frantically clawed at the water, trying to break free to breathe. In no time, her body went limp.

At first, the teen had to wonder if she was playing possum. When he heard Tantivy slowly coming to her senses, he had no doubt that she was down.

There was only one to go, now.

“Abracadabra, bitches,” the witch said. Shakes grunted in annoyance, but that seemed to be the worst of it.

Ogre raised her fists high over her head and rained them down atop the young woman’s skull. The body that she brought to the floor twitched oddly before Taheka. She was alive, but it looked as though Ogre’s attack had broken her body.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Five
  • Tantivy (49 – I19): Fanatical
  • Prodigy (24 - B19): Helpful
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19): Bruised x2, Spell (R5), Staggered, Unconscious
  • The Embalming Man (18 – A16): Bruised x3, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Cacophony (18 - B18)
  • Duiwel (15 – B13): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R3)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20): Bruised, Unconscious (R5)
  • Ogre (5 – B14)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Taheka (B18)
Sycophant - Fortitude - DC 19: 1d20+2 7 & Sycophant - Constitution - DC 10: 1d20 1 Wow. Down.
Tantivy and Prodigy will both come to their senses.

Sister Clarissa will go for Shakes: Sister Clarissa - Attack: 1d20+8 20 & Shakes - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+7 20 He is fine.

Ogre - Attack - Power Attack 5: 1d20+3 23 Ogre just won big. Sister Clarissa - Toughness - DC 37: 1d20+9 17

Sister Clarissa - Constitution - DC 10: 1d20+1 15 Alive.


EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Ion slowly came around.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Six
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3 > E5)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Fatigued (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20): Stunned (Fach, R5), Staggered
  • Ersatz (12 - E6): Bruised, Entangled, Stunned (Fach, R5), Suffocating
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered
Go ahead and save against Fach’s scream, EO, then Cooker is up.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Cooker
HP: 2
COND: Unharmed

Knowing Fach's sonic scream was coming, Cooker focused his protective microwave field to weather the blast. Seeing as Fluxx had Erzatz wrapped up and Amy was still on the ropes, Cooker kept up the fire on her.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Imago
HP: 8->7
COND: Bruised x1

Imago had seen people die before. And violently too. He'd been there when the Kurbash's crew had turned most of the Vindicators of his home world into puppets or corpses. Alan and his mother Phenomena were Aesir, they would have come back months ago. Coup Field... wasn't. He had gone to the undiscovered country.

And now Confectionary seemed to be on that travel. Dennis felt sick. Frustrated that his ploy had been seen through so easily and feeling so impotent.

*She's dead, Paramour.* Imago's psy-whisper traveled to the cosmic energy controller, and to his other allies. *Take those bastards down. The Herzog and the water controller first, then the last one.*

And he was extra certain about what he was going to do when the dust settled and the Grey Men dealt with.
Using my new HP to duplicate Master Plan - yes I know this usually takes advance planning, but I figure an HP use allows on the fly tactical bonuses.

Intelligence: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
So everyone on Team Gamma gets that +1 bonus for the next 3 rounds.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

Post Reply