New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 pm

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 1->3
Location: Team Gamma; B9
Shape: Ankylosaur


David felt the liquid limbs encircle his armored neck but a violent wrench of his head broke their grasp.

Shock
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Violet Lear
HP: 4->5
Location: Team Alpha, E6


"Let's go!" Violet saw someone make the "new" walls disappear and figured it would be bad if he could make new ones and separate their team. She skated right at him, thrust her sword and then turned right around and went back to the group.
Using Move by action to attack and then get back to E6. Assuming Prestige was visible.
Ice Sword attack: 1D20 + 9 = [12]+9 = 21 Toughness DC22 if that hits

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Lex gave Kas a nod, then did his best to not fall over when the giant super strong bear gently patted him on the shoulder.

"You guys too."

"Hey, the cavalry is on the way," He gave them a grin, "Count on it."

Gilliam
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:19 am

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0
Condition: Bruise x1


"I should have stopped her going" Taheka muttered to himself realising that at the speed Tantivy could move she should have been there and back in the blink of an eye. From the way Prodigy was behaving the mind controller was probably just round that other corner in front of them but protected behind something considering how the brainy guy had bounced back before.

Looking round the other corner Taheka could see 2 girls coming towards them with Tantivy on the ground behind them.

"Looks like they are trying to pin us here." Taheka said adding in what he had seen rtound the corner to the others "We can try and take out the girls round there or maybe try to get round them ..."
OOC wrote: Are the storage lockers floor to ceiling or say 10 or so feet tall? Assuming they are floor to ceiling Taheka will suggest the following.
"Ogre or Cacophony, can you smash your way through the locker here quietly and we may be able to smash our way out elsewhere?"
OOC wrote: If the storage units are not floor to ceiling then Taheka will suggest
"If we get up on top of the storage unit we might be able to jump down on them." Stretching his body up Taheka pulled himself up on top of the units then stretching his arms down

"Grab hold I can pull you up."

Michuru
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
Shiver skewered the magus on her sword, only to watch as his entire body shattered from the blow. From where she stood, she could see the other enemies: one, a rock man she was unfamiliar with; the other was Ironside, a member of the Ugandan Unity Brigade who had attacked Otso’s father’s speech at Vienna University some time ago.

At the sight of the heroes, Ironside shook his head. “To hell with this,” he said, turning and walking away from the fight.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

WALLS (Ice): E7

The Order, Round Two
  • Shiver (23 – E6)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – H10)
Okay, Violet’s attack will take out Prestige’s simulacrum.

Ironside will move to leave.

Greystone is up, TM.
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
The stranger seemed just as surprised to see Current. He quickly snapped out of it and reached behind him. “Don’t move,” the Blue Knight ordered, brandishing his flaming claymore.

“It—it’s not a weapon…” the youth said. Slowly, he pulled a plastic wallet insert from his pocket. The wallet was long gone, but he still carried the old, worn photographs sheltered in the yellowing plastic. With trembling hands, he offered it to Current. He had it opened.

On one side was a man Current had met once—not long ago. It was the American man who had approached him at the end of Mister Ander’s funeral. "Oh, yeah, the crazy guy," Current said. "He was a weird..." On the other side was a photo of Lex and Kirstie. They looked a few years older than they were now, but there was no mistaking it.

“That’s you, right?” the stranger asked. “You’re… You’re my Pop?”

Current looked from the picture to the boy, then back again. "This... this is what I get for laughing at Kirstie's daughter showing up," he muttered before handing the photo album back. "Yeah that-"

“I get this is probably weird. It’s weird for me, too… I think I’m your grandson.” As an afterthought, he extended an arm in greeting. “My name is Nate. Well… ‘Ignatius’.” Nate made a face to show what he thought of that. “Dad picked it. Mom said you hated it almost as much as you… as you hated him…”

“We don’t have time for this,” Derryl groaned. “Grab some metal and leave him with the others.”

"I'm sorry if I'm holding you up,” snapped Current. “The door is that way. Feel free to go. I can catch up." He looked to Magnitude then, shrugging before speaking in a calmer tone. "Seriously, man. I can catch up. I got this."

"Catch up if you can,” Magnitude said, putting a hand on Current’s shoulder, “but do what you have to do. Good luck Lex and I hope we meet again."

Turning to Derryl, Magnitude made his voice crisp and businesslike. "Let's go. Argus awaits and I'm not keen on disappointing him."

“Argus?” Nate asked. “I can help! I want to! Please! I’m not… I have a family! My girl and our son…” He looked to where Hurricane Eddie was bound. “I’m not like them.” He seemed surprised to see Breeze. “I don’t even know him. I… I just want to protect my family, you know?”

"Look... uh...” Current wasn’t sure where to begin. It wasn’t every day you found out you were a great-grandfather. “You. Get your family, get off this ship and get down to Vienna. Check in at the Vindicators headquarters there, if I make it back-" He sighs, "Kirstie will be there eventually. Or my folks. Might be a few days but they'll look after you.

"Not much left of the Murphys these days, but we take care of our own."

He looked to the prisoners on the floor. "But anybody still on this ship after we're done?" He grimaced. "Well, I think I'm signing these guys’ death sentences here. But I can't let them come after us. And they're getting a fair sight better chance than they would have gave us, ya know?"

“Than they’ve given anyone,” Nate said. He moved then—he had his grandfather’s speed—and planted himself between the rest of Beta Team and the doors. “I know we don’t have time to hash this out,” he said, “but you need to hear this. Please.”

He looked up at Current then. “The things I’ve seen, Pop…” He took a deep breath. “When these guys showed up on my world? We came at them with an army and they just… they took them out one-by-one. They killed Aunt Kayla and Tommy…” His eyes began to well up as he remembered them. “Opal and Claude and Merle—they took down everybody! Even the Curie brothers, Connor and Carl, and they’re all immortal!

“I was afraid for Kubichek and Jude. I begged them—told them they could kill me, but let them live… This one—Creeper? He told me they were going to die… That their ship destroyed worlds. He told me the only way my family would be safe was if I joined them. The Old Man—Kubichek’s granddad—he was there with her and the baby when we showed up. I told them I could protect them all. The Old Man refused. He wouldn’t say another word… He just… He watched us go. It really tore Kubichek up. I know what it was, though: he couldn’t have lived with himself, knowing what these people are and what they were doing. I had to, though. I had to protect…” He trailed off. “I’m getting off point. The point is, my people did exactly what you are doing now, and we failed… but I know why.”

Nate looked to Magnitude again. “You said you came to fight Argus? Well, you’re inside of Argus. Argus is the Elpis. He has a room and he plugs himself in and he monitors everything going on aboard this ship. Every time there’s a rebellion, it’s quickly quashed. There were some prisoners once… Every time there was an escape, the rest of the Armada knew right where to go. Even now, he’s following your friends—telling the bridge where you all are and where you’re headed.

“If I get my family on a ship, Argus will know, and he can disable it—crash it right into the ground. If I try to leave, I’m killing my family. If I stay with you, though? I can shield you from him—keep him from seeing any of you coming. It’s part of my power.” He looked at Current and blushed. “My dad’s power,” he said. “Mom gave me yours and grammy’s powers.

“I can keep him from seeing you—keep him from planning against you… but I want something in return. If I go with you, and if I don’t make it, you have to get Kubichek and Jude out of here. Get them somewhere Jude can have a better childhood than I ever had… and don’t ever let him know what his old man had to do to keep him safe.

“Do we have a deal?”
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Current (34 - ?)
  • Magnitude (21 - E6)
  • Derryl (17 - D4): Bruised, Staggered
  • Breeze (15 - D20): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Blue Knight (14 - ?)
  • Paladin (11 - ?)
  • Hurricane Eddie (9 – B18): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Ursa (9 - ?)
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Confectionery, Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
The dinosaur was behind him—bearing down to attack… except that it wasn’t, he quickly realized. The dinosaur was in front of him. It hadn’t moved. It hadn’t gotten through.

“A nice try,” he said, giving away his Italian accent, “but I am beginning to see through your tricks…”

To prove himself wrong, Cascade sent a high-pressure stream of water a few feet to Confectionery’s right.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Three
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured, Stunned (Kasamir, R2)
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone, Stunned (Kasamir, R2)
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Prehistoric, R2)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Cascade - Notice - DC 24: 1d20+6 26

Gonna see if Cascade can see through the illusion yet: Cascade - Will: 1d20+9 12 Nope! Instead, he’ll go for another blast into the area where everyone is hiding. Since the last location he had was Confectionery’s, he’s going for that again. Cascade - Attack: 1d20+10 17 & Concealment: Cascade - Concealment - DC 11: 1d20 9 Nothing happens.

Prehistoric is up.


DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
"Looks like they are trying to pin us here. We can try and take out the girls round there or maybe try to get round them..." Taheka trailed off as he looked to the ceiling. The storage units ran up to it. There would be no climbing over, unless the barrier didn’t extend to the ceiling. Something told him it did. "Ogre or Cacophony, can you smash your way through the locker here quietly and we may be able to smash our way out elsewhere?"

“I don’t do anything quietly,” Ogre said.

“I can help with that,” said Cacophony. “You smash and I can muffle the sound around us—make it real quiet.” She smiled brightly and looked to Taheka, to see if he was impressed or not.

With a shrug, Ogre transformed and swung at the wall. Dust flew into the air as debris rained down, but it didn’t make a sound. As she broke through the wall, a man—short and skinny—came around the corner. He grabbed Shakes, but Shakes quickly turned around and sliced at the man with his buzzsaw-like hands.

As the man stumbled back, Cacophony stepped forward and slugged the man in the throat. He clutched at his neck, wheezing and fighting to catch his breath.

It was then that another figure stepped out into the hall: a man with green flames in his eyes. This man reached out and a bolt of emerald flames flashed past the others, hitting the far wall. The attack seemed to have been intended for Ogre and only succeeded in getting the beast’s attention. Growling, the giant pounced forward and hit the Nephilim full-force: he was knocked out and sent flying back down the hall.
Michuru81 wrote: Image
  • The Order, Round Three
  • Tantivy (49 – I19): Helpful
  • Prodigy (24 - B19): Helpful
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19)
  • The Embalming Man (18 – A16): Bruised x2, Stunned (Cacophony, R3)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Cacophony (18 - B18)
  • Duiwel (15 – B13): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R3)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20)
  • Ogre (5 – B14)
  • Taheka (B18)
Hero point to Taheka on figuring out an alternate plan of attack. I’m not sure if you had Cacophony’s sonic control in mind to handle that, but I’m giving you credit for it either way.

I’ll kick off a new round. The Embalming Man is going to come around the corner and grab at Shakes: The Embalming Man - Attack: 1d20+2 17 & Shakes - Fortitude - DC 20: 1d20+7 27 Knocks it out of the park.

Shakes will return the favor: Shakes - Attack: 1d20+8 23 & The Embalming Man - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+3 15

Cacophony doesn’t have the room to slam, so she’ll have to settle for taking a step forward and swinging at the new guy: Cacophony - Attack: 1d20+4 24 Yup. That just happened. The Embalming Man - Toughness - DC 20: 1d20+2 15

Duiwel will move out of the hall and go for Ogre: Duiwel - Attack: 1d20+10 12

Sycophant will try to lay the mojo on Tantivy thicker: Tantivy - Will - DC 18: 1d20+2 20 Tantivy resists getting worse.

Ogre’s move is to go for Duiwel: Ogre - Attack - All-out Attack 4, Power Attack 4: 1d20+8 18 Duiwel - Toughness - DC 31: 1d20+6 12 That’ll do it.

Taheka is up. There is a hole in the side of the wall.


EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Fluxx engulfed Ion as Cooker’s blast flew past Ugly Amy. Still, it seemed to have some effect: the blast seemed to snap her back to her senses. She pounced and began racing across the docking bay floor much faster than a normal human was capable. She grabbed at Fach, moving to disfigure her face.

"Amy," called Fluxx's mouth from the mass of flesh covering two men and a sword. "My mozer was zis world's Jeannette Erlenmeyer. You knew what she could achieve, yes?” He watched her face twist then and recognized flashes of anger on it. "Zere is nozing your powers can do zat mine cannot counter—including to yourself!"

“Save your threats for someone else, Ganze Junior!” the woman roared. “You don’t scare me!”

"Stand down and I will repair your features. Your powers may twist zem again but you will 'ave several monzs, maybe a year where no one looks at you askew or wiz disgust. Ze Armada's time is over. Zis is your one chance at life."

“Like we’d ever trust that traitor’s child,” Ugly Amy spat.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Five
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Exhausted (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20)
  • Ersatz (12 - E6)
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered, Unconscious
Amy has moved out of the original area of effect. When they were targeting her, she was further south—by the door. She’s now engaged with Fach. Let me know if I’m mistaken here.

Ersatz - Fortitude - DC 10: 1d20+5 19 & Sword - Strength Check: 1d20 9

It’ll be Cooker’s turn.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Nate wrote:“My name is Nate. Well… ‘Ignatius’.” Nate made a face to show what he thought of that. “Dad picked it. Mom said you hated it almost as much as you… as you hated him…”
Lex's face shows his horror at the name. That was a name you gave to a kid you hated and wanted to get picked on at school.

“I know we don’t have time to hash this out,” he said, “but you need to hear this. Please.”
Lex held up his hand to try to keep the others from attacking, "Quickly. Pretty much nobody from this lot is known for patience."

He glances at Kas, "Well... Maybe him."
“Do we have a deal?”
Lex crossed his arms and frowned as he considered the situation.
He wasn't sure he could trust the guy, but if half of what he said was true they could really use the help blindsiding the evil robot. Not to mention that pushing it to a fight situation would be somewhere between kind of bad and really bad depending on just how much of Kirstie's powers Nate had inherited. Energy redirection would be a pain to deal with, but a complete force field like Kirstie had would give them fits trying to break through.

"Nate, you tell me how to find them and I'll do anything I can to get them off this ship, assuming I make it," Lex glanced at the others, "I say we take him up on it. Any advantage is good. And if he's up to something... I'll take care of him."

It wasn't arrogance or pride that made him say that. He was the one who knew Kirstie the best, he knew the weak points of both of her power sets, and his electrical control could effectively prevent Nate from launching any electrical attacks.

McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: Timetravel = headaches


Otso studied Nate as he talked, gauging his words and reactions carefully. Finally, when Lex spoke he nodded in agreement. "We should get going."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

Gilliam
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:14 am

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0 > 1
Condition: Bruise x1


Cacophony's smile was infectious and Taheka couldn't help responding to it, not only was she good looking but proving to be very useful as her powers rendered silent the smashing and bashing Ogre was doing to the wall.

They had almost succeeded when more of the strangers attacked them, seeing Ogre's opponent was having a Nana nap Taheka blasted the other man that Shakes and Cacophony had already sent reeling with a stream of water.

"Come on lets move inside then it will be our turn to get some payback." Taheka added moving inside the hole in the wall.
Taheka attacks The Embalming Man using Blast 9 AOA +/- 3
Taheka Blast AOA +3: 1D20+7+3 = [12]+7+3 = 22
DC24 Toughness if that hits and Taheka's defence is now +5.

After his attack Taheka will move through the hole inside the locker.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4 (-1 for re-roll)
Location: Alpha Team (E5)

When Violet's attack revealed more enemies Jack wasted no time in moving in on one, trusting that the others would follow the directions he'd given them. The American didn't know much about Takeuchi, there were just too many members of the Armada to memorize something about all of them but the fact that the winged man had hid things about himself made him more dangerous in the teen's opinion.


OOC:
Punching Takeuchi Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 =10, mmmmh nope. Gonna re-roll that.
Re-rolled Punching of Slag: _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 =23, better. That'd be a Toughness DC 23 if that should hit him.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shock
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 3->2
Location: Team Gamma; B9
Shape: Ankylosaur


David saw the man in front of him wobbling and swung his club-tail for a finishing blow.
Power attack for 2.
Tail attack: 1D20 + 5 = [4]+5 = 9 Even stunned that has to be a miss. reroll
Tail attack: 1D20 + 5 = [5]+5 = 10 +10 makes that a 20. Toughness DC26

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:06 pm

Cooker
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

"Ok." Francis fired another blast at Amy.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

Michuru
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 pm

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Shiver (23 – E6)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – H10)
I think I might be accidentally creating some confusion, so I updated the map to display everyone’s position. The red lines are where they had walls up. They split their forces into multiple halls. Their plan was to wait for someone to come down one, then drop all walls, and let someone come around to flank. Had you all gone down the hall where Takeuchi and Prestige are, Slag and Ironside would have hooked around to flank. Had you gone up to Slag and Ironside, Takeuchi and Prestige would have come in. Splitting the party worked in your favor.

Last check, Greystone was down by Takeuchi, melting that wall. I initially thought Shiver was up high. I think the first spot of confusion occurred with Shiver going for Prestige, who is behind Takeuchi as back up. This is fine, though: Prestige can make faux Prestiges to appear in multiple places. Violet popped one by Slag.

Greystone can move from where he is and through the others to get to Slag. I just wanted to confirm that this is the plan? Move from the one hallway, get to the other, and attack?
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
Beta Team now had three navigators: Derryl, the Drifter, and Nate all knew their way around the ship. All seemed to be in agreement on the best path to reach Argus. “Through here,” Nate said, opening the doors.

“Up ahead is their living area,” Derryl said.

“Recreation lounge,” Nate corrected him. “The first room is a place for us to unwind. It’s got some tables and games. They have this one with colored balls and sticks…”

“Pool?” asked the Blue Knight. “You mean pool?”

“No, the pool is on another level.”

The Welsh teen sighed. “No, you… you’re describing a game called pool.”

“Oh.”

“You don’t know what pool is?”

“A few years before I was born, the Vindicators tried to help this kid get control over his powers. The kid blew, and that’s how most of Belgium died. The world reacted—wanted to prevent a tragedy like that from ever happening again. At first, they were willing to give us our own land—a spot in the Mojave. It was our own reservation. Problem was, some people got afraid of what we could become as a sovereign state. There was a bunch of political bullshit and before you know it, the Wardens are set up: an organization devoted to shooting us on sight if we stray outside of our zone. Sometime after I turned fourteen, the Wardens began trying to actively exterminate us. The last few years? Every damn day of my life has been a fight to go on living.”

“So, you don’t know what pool is,” noted the Blue Knight. “A simple ‘no’ would have sufficed.”

“Quiet,” Derryl said. “I can hear something.”

They were feet from the double doors that would lead them into the recreation area. Everyone was on guard, looking down the halls, expecting an ambush from anywhere.

“What is it?” whispered Paladin.

“I don’t know,” Derryl said, “but it’s everywhere.”

Magnitude didn’t see the way the others did. Feeling out with his powers, he realized what Derryl was sensing: all around them were thousands of bugs scurrying along the pipes and ducts above them—in the room ahead of them.

The very instant he informed the team of his discovery, Nate looked worried. “Creeper,” he said. “He controls insects. He’s sadistic. I’ve seen him make them swarm over someone—suffocate them by crawling into their mouth…”

The Drifter swallowed back the vomit.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

You're all in the hall facing the doors at E/F10. You can toss some initiatives out now and get 'em out of the way. Let me know where you are and what you're doing.
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Confectionery, Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
With a mighty wallop, Prehistoric brought the enemy illusionist down and then deftly dodged a lash of the liquid man's whip-like limbs.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Four
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x3, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Trauma - Toughness - DC 26: 1d20 8 That’ll put him down.

Whitaker will do his thing: Whitaker - Attack: 1d20+8 10 And miss.

New round is kicked off with Imago.


DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
Sycophant’s power didn’t grant her absolute control over a target, but instead influenced them—made them want to serve her. It seemed that Prodigy still had some command over his mental faculties to try and aid his team as he saw them ambushed. Something else was preventing him from helping though: he was pushing against another invisible wall—this one between him and his team.

"Come on," he watched his new friend tell his new sister, "we want the same thing here, don't we? We all just want to live to see tomorrow."

Tantivy nodded in agreement.

"You'll help me, right?" Sycophant asked.

"I do anything for you," the Romanian girl replied. "I love you."

Sycophant frowned. "I don't think your friends like me that much. They want to hurt me..."

"I won't let them!" Tantivy pleaded. "I promise!"
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Four
  • Tantivy (49 – I19): Helpful
  • Prodigy (24 - B19): Fanatical
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19)
  • The Embalming Man (18 – A16): Bruised x3, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Cacophony (18 - B18)
  • Duiwel (15 – B13): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R3)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20)
  • Ogre (5 – B14)
  • Taheka (B18)
The Embalming Man - Toughness - DC 24: 1d20+1 2

New round kicks off with Tantivy and Prodigy still doing nothing, courtesy of Sister Clarissa.

Shakes will follow Taheka in.

Sycophant will try to increase her influence on Tantivy: Tantivy - Will - DC 18: 1d20+2 8

Sychophant and Ogre will wait for Taheka’s move.


EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
“Like we’d ever trust that traitor’s child,” Ugly Amy spat.

Cooker’s blast shot past Fach and Fluxx and struck its intended target. Ugly Amy endured it, however; she continued to keep her hold on Fach’s face.

Mentally apologizing to everyone around her, Fach unleashed an earsplitting scream. At this range—and with one hand on Fach’s face—Ugly Amy had no hope of defending herself against the sonic barrage. Likewise, Ersatz was still fighting to free himself from Fluxx's hold, and unable to cover his ears and potentially dampen the sound.

The sword, on the other hand, appeared to have no trouble with the scream at all. Though its movements were somewhat restricted by Fluxx's hold, it still managed to slash at him.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Six
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Fatigued (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20): Stunned (Fach, R5), Staggered
  • Ersatz (12 - E6): Bruised, Entangled, Stunned (Fach, R5), Suffocating
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Sword: Bound, Entangled, Helpless
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered, Unconscious
Ugly Amy - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+8 27

Fach will go for a Burst Damage 8. I’m not letting Amy roll to halve it. Yeah, she could just let go and cover her ears, but I think by the time she knew something was going on, it would be too late.

Everyone else can go with the respective Reflex / Toughness.

Ugly Amy - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+8 12 Bruised, Stunned, Staggered.

Ersatz - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 8 & Ersatz - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+6 18 Bruised and stunned.

Sword - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20-2 11 & Sword - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+10 25

Amy is stunned. Regeneration kicks in: Ugly Amy - Recovery Check - DC 10: 1d20+5 20 Bruise goes away.

The sword will then slash at Fluxx/Ion: Sword - Attack - Power Attack 3: 1d20+6 18 Should that be a hit, DC 21 Toughness. It’ll roll into a new round, with Fluxx kicking things off.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3268
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Fluxx
HP:1
CND: Fatigued, Bruised 1, injured 1

Even tired Fluxx hardens himself against his girl'friend's sonic burst.
Reflex: 1D20+7-1 = [14]+7-1 = 20 Evasion means no damage.
Fluxx continues to let his flesh choke Ersatz even as the sword cuts into him again, failing to bite significantly.
[Maintain chokehold free action, should be DC11 now]
Toughness: 1D20+10-1 = [18]+10-1 = 27
He needed one or the other of his bound foes to be defeated before he could do much of anything else and he was still leery of any conscious effort directed at harming the German war criminal lest it trigger his duplication.

"Cooker, can you fry ze sword!? Dear God, get close and do not miss." The fear in Fluxx's gurgling voice was a palpable thing. He didn't really know the man but had to trust his very flesh to his aim.
Cooker *would* have +4 to hit(melee), plus the sword loses dodge, and has -9 defense against an adjacent attack (it doesn't specify melee or ranged). If Cooker uses range the sword loses dodge and merely has -5 defenses. The cover of Fluxx's flesh however gives it +4 defenses (unless Cooker's shot is Precise). If Cooker shoots and misses by 1-4 points, he hits Fluxx.
If he comes adjacent and has a full round action he can deliver a Coup de Grace - no chance of missing and a critical hit (though likely no fort roll as the sword isn't alive), unless the sword is immune to critical hits then no Coup de Grace possible. (Which I guess is another good reason to get Immunity to Critical hits.
Either way, coming closer (To C7 or C6 or C5), improves his chances of hitting [if he goes for the sword at all]. Amy is still a valid target.
Or if his attack bonus is high enough, the sword is a minion, Cooker can take 10 to hit it.
For Fluxx's part, he stabilizes Ion.
Medicine: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
That's 11 over the DC to stabilize, I don't know if there's anything special/extra for that.
"Something pithy this way comes."

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:34 am

Cooker
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

Obeying Fluxx's instructions, Cooker swallowed his fear and closed in towards the scrap. It was easy enough to pick out a floating sword, more effort to control his aim and launch crackling energies.
Moving to E5.
Ok, according to my understanding thusly of what Flynn calculated, the sword therefore loses dodge bonus and an additional -1 to defenses after totalling the mods.

After tracking down the RA stats for Cleave's swords, it indicates it's already a flat-footed basic +4 even before the mod, so I hereby take 10 for a total of 16 and sure to hit.
Swords has a Toughness DC 25
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:44 am

Imago
HP: 7
COND: Bruised x1

It was a relief to see Trauma go down. At least it looked like things might start to swing in their way. And no illusionist to tell them what Imago was doing. Once again, he began weaving his works.

Footsteps pounded from outside, and then Oscar appeared at the doorway, looking distraught as one would with his wayward lover. "Kasamir, please! You need to stop this!"
Maintaining concealment illusion. And a whole new illusion created as a standard action.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

Post Reply