New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:15 am

Cooker
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

Francis continued to fire on Amy and was frustrated that nothing seemed to work.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5 (-1 for re-roll)
Location: Alpha Team (E5)
Now!” he barked. Suddenly, a beam of glowing green energy ripped through the deteriorating wall and struck Greystone square in the chest.
Despite the fact he wasn't expecting the shot from Takeuchi, Jack managed to take the hit and remain on his feet.


OOC:
Yep, that's a hit.
Greystone's Toughness: _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18, not bad but considering it's a DC 30? Not good enough, so I'll spend an HP to re-roll that.

Greystone's Re-Rolled Toughness: _: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25, probably as good as I'll get considering just how high the DC is. That'll give Jack a Bruise.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:16 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

"Ha ha ha, no. No, I misspelled eats and you, but hey, I think you get the idea," Lex smiles down at the man before his face goes extremely serious, "So. You cool with murdering an entire planet?"
OOC: Lex is going to pass on his attack so I guess Kas is up.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:11 am

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP: 2 Condition: Normal

Merle blinks in surprise at the unexpected attack, but being able to see through the hole allowed him a brief view of the formerly hidden assailant.

A flick of his finger opened a portal under one of the ice blocks, and another flick opened a portal directly behind Takeuchi. Then the block dropped into the portal and he willed it to increase it's speed, going from a nearly stationary to moving through the air at roughly three times the speed of an out of control Raphael.


OOC: Appologies to those who didn't get to see the first session of Infinite New Vindicators. Raphael is basically a speedball character.
Blast attack on Takeuchi using Ice Block (DC23 toughness save): 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18

Shock
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 2->1
Location: Team Gamma; B9


In spite of the attack on him, David remained focused on the foe in front of him. Not only did he seem to be directing the others but he was also attacking Rebecca. But since the smaller claws of the Deinonychus didn't seem to be enough, he shifted to the tank-like Ankylosaurus and swung his huge tail at the man.
Tail attack with Power Attack 2
Tail attack: 1d20+5 16 I think that's a miss. Going to try again with a HP
Tail attack retry: 1d20+5 23 That's Toughness DC26

Horsenhero
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:42 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3


Kas flew up near where Otso had pounced on the second aerokinetic and gestured toward the pinned villain, unleashing a wave of particles pushed at lightspeed by gravity.

"I do not think we have time to debate this. We have worlds to save and we are on a deadline."
Particle beam attack. 1d20+8=12. Well, I'm not sure how the prone v flat-footed mods will turn out. Kas has Precise Shot (Cover), so Otso doesn't impede the attack. http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=143687 If the shot hits it's a toughness save DC23 and it's penetrating.

Gilliam
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 am

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0
Condition: Bruise x1

Cacophony wrote: “I know I should be more afraid,” Cacophony told Taheka. “I mean… end of the world, and all… but I can’t help but be a bit excited. For so long, it’s just been my team, you know? Dispatch is alright, but he’s so cold.” She smiled at the teenage boy. “It’s just nice being around others… So, what’s it like in your world? Do you have a lot of friends? A, uh… a girlfriend?”
Relaxing slightly once they had locked up the still fully alive and breathing Armada thugs in the storage facility Taheka took the opportunity to walk beside Cacophony and chat with the pretty girl, for a little time he could still feel and act like a typical teenager.

"Yeah I know what you mean" Taheka replied smiling that natural grin that always seemed to land him in trouble "I suppose my world must be similar to the others seems like a mess but somehow keeps ticking on. Me I'm from New Zealand, um you do have a New Zealand in your world right? Anyway I am in my first year at the academy in Sao Paulo and really enjoying it, there are a lot of great beaches to go surfing and good mates like Shakes here."

Pausing Taheka almost put 2 and 2 together "I do have a girlfriend Kendra, I haven't seen her since before the invasion but I know she will be alright .."

Taheka was about to say something else when Prodigy went weirder than normal and Tantivity ran off.

Changing into his water form Taheka looked round to see if there was anything that didn't look right

Taheka Notice: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Lex takes a breath to argue that they should take at least ten seconds before dooming somebody, then lets out a sigh.

"No, you're right, this guy already heard the spiel," Lex looked around to see if there was any pieces of metal railing he could cut up easily.

A little elbow grease from Ursa, and a short application of white hot plasma and these guys could be safely welded to the ground. Wasn't the safest option, but they didn't really have any other means of keeping these idiots from coming after them after they left.

McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: Fine


Otso assisted Lex in restraining their two downed opponents. Once they were secure, he nodded his head towards the doors on the opposite side of the large room. "I assume we're going that way?"
Last edited by McGuffin on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

Michuru
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 pm

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
As Greystone endured the opening salvo, Key moved to counter. The ice fell through a portal below it and was instantly propelled out another behind Takeuchi. Somehow, the winged Japanese man dodged the blow.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

WALLS (Ice): E7

The Order, Round Two
  • Shiver (23 – G12)
  • Ironside (22 – D5)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5)
  • Prestige (3 – D5)
That will miss Takeuchi, Arkrite.

The others can’t really do anything until Prestige, who will free action to dispel the other walls.

Shiver leads the next round.

Also, happy birthday, Shock! You currently have two characters here, so… have three hero points to divide however you want between Violet and David.
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
Current looked around, but didn’t see anyone else. “That’s not… ugh… how you spell ‘bear’…” grumbled the man futilely struggling beneath Ursa.

Current laughed at the man. “No, no, I misspelled ‘eats’ and ‘you’, but hey, I think you get the idea.” He grinned big as he leaned down to the pinned man. “So. You cool with murdering an entire planet?”

Magnitude landed on Ursa’s other side and wasted no time in firing a wave of energy that particles that knocked their enemy out. "I do not think we have time to debate this. We have worlds to save and we are on a deadline."

The American opened his mouth to argue, only to simply sigh. "No, you're right. This guy already heard the spiel.”

He nudged Ursa into helping him to remove and bend some of the railing around the tanks, then began spot welding them into makeshift manacles. As he endured the groans from the others, the doors behind them opened and a young man stepped through…

He looked to be in his late teens—seventeen or eighteen, with a gaunt frame stuffed into a T-shirt and jeans. Though the shirt was loose, it was tucked in the front, revealing a beaten buckle that was familiar to most of them… Once upon a time, it had been the iconic ‘S’ shield associated with Superman. Current wore it everywhere.

The newcomer ran a hand through a mop of light brown hair. His features looked like Kirstie, Current realized. The shape and color of his eyes—his nose and chin… If his girlfriend had an identical twin brother, this is what he would have likely looked like.

The stranger seemed just as surprised to see Current. He quickly snapped out of it and reached behind him. “Don’t move,” the Blue Knight ordered, brandishing his flaming claymore.

“It—it’s not a weapon…” the youth said. Slowly, he pulled a plastic wallet insert from his pocket. The wallet was long gone, but he still carried the old, worn photographs sheltered in the yellowing plastic. With trembling hands, he offered it to Current. He had it opened.

On one side was a man Current had met once—not long ago. It was the American man who had approached him at the end of Mister Ander’s funeral—the weird one. On the other side was a photo of Lex and Kirstie. They looked a few years older than they were now, but there was no mistaking it. “That’s you, right?” he asked. “You’re… You’re my Pop?”

“We don’t have time for this,” Derryl groaned. “Grab some metal and leave him with the others.”

“I can help!” the youth exclaimed. “I want to! Please! I’m not… I have a family! My girl and our son…” He looked to where Hurricane Eddie was bound. “I’m not like them.” He seemed surprised to see Breeze. “I don’t even know him. I… I just want to protect my family, you know?”
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Current (34 - ?)
  • Magnitude (21 - E6)
  • Derryl (17 - D4): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Eddie, R1)
  • Breeze (15 - D20): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Blue Knight (14 - ?)
  • Paladin (11 - ?)
  • Hurricane Eddie (9 – B18): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Ursa, R1)
  • Ursa (9 - ?)
We’ll pass it to Magnitude, HH.
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Confectionery, Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
“Die.”

Cascade whipped around and fired a blast of water at the wall behind him. As he did, Paramour slowly rose to her feet. Her eyes were on Prehistoric, watching as he fought with the enemy illusionist. His blow seemed to count—now it was her turn.

Standing up, she steadied her arm out before her and unleashed a blast of cosmic energy for the one who had taken down their guide. The man turned back around and a wave of water leapt forward to intercept the blast, shielding him from her attack.

As she puzzled over how to bypass his defenses, she felt the same invisible force that had pinned her to the floor bombard her. It must have been hitting the others—Hemophiliac gave a cry as Paramour winced. She looked back to Prehistoric, only to watch as Whitaker reached with liquid limbs for the dinosaur’s face.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Three
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9)
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured, Stunned (Kasamir, R2)
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone, Stunned (Kasamir, R2)
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Prehistoric, R2)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Trauma - Toughness - DC 26: 1d20+1 13 Fail by 13.

Paramour - Strength Check - DC 10: 1d20 18 Paramour gets to her feet and will fire at Cascade: Paramour - Attack: 1d20+8 22 That’s a miss.

Herzog will power stunt to get Blast 6 (Extras: Area [Burst]) and will set it off at D1, letting him hit everyone who isn’t in the Armada or David. Reflex DC 16 to halve the Toughness, and he’ll be exhausted next round.

Kelpie - Toughness - DC 21: 1d20+2 11 – Fails by ten, but Trauma didn’t inflict damage so much as just go straight to knocking him out, so not double staggered or anything there.

Paramour - Reflex - DC 16: 1d20+6 14 & Paramour - Toughness - DC 21: 1d20+10 16

Hemophiliac - Reflex - DC 16: 1d20+3 10 & Hemophiliac - Toughness - DC 21: 1d20+4 12

Confectionery - Toughness - DC 21: 1d20+9 19

Hemophiliac and Trauma are both stunned on their turns, so it shifts to Whitaker. He’ll again try to suffocate David: Whitaker - Attack: 1d20+8 19 If that hits, Suffocate 8.

Otherwise, a new round kicks off with Imago.


DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
“Okay,” Tantivy said, “there’s an invisible wall and we have to assume someone with some sort of mind control power is on the other side.” She looked to Ogre. “Anyway around it?”

Ogre nodded. “If we go down this hall, it curves around to-”

“To where the mind controller is?” asked Tantivy. “I can go try a hit and run. Hold tight.”

She took off, running around the corner. She rocketed past two more, making their way towards where the others were. Tantivy ignored them for now: she could scout out the hallway and run back to warn everyone before those two could ambush them.

Careening around the corner, Tantivy collided with an invisible wall. As she bounced back and to the floor, she moved to pick herself up, only to realize her friend Sycophant was there, further down the hall. “Hold up, please!” Sycophant called to her. “Could you just… stay there for a second?”

“Y-yeah,” said Tantivy. “I need to get back, though… My friends are-”

“Your friends are fine! They can take care of themselves! I need you, though…”
Michuru81 wrote: Image
  • Tantivy (49 – I19)
  • Prodigy (24 - B19)
  • Sister Clarissa (20 - F19)
  • The Embalming Man (18 - ?)
  • Shakes (18 - A17)
  • Cacophony (18 - A18)
  • Duiwel (15 - ?)
  • Sycophant (12 - F20)
  • Ogre (5 - A16)
  • Taheka (B18)
Tantivy does not have the room to rationalize me making a slam attack against the barrier, so I won’t roll its save, nor her Toughness. Instead, I’m going to treat it as her running into a wall and falling prone. Essentially, she’s caught unaware and the worst thing that happens is it ends her action prematurely.

Prodigy isn’t really doing much of anything at this point. For him, there’s no enemy, so… that’s a thing. The other baddies are getting into position. The good guys are waiting and looking around (looking around the corner will reveal Tantivy on the ground at the other end of the hall, with two girls between them).

Sister Clarissa will alert Sycophant of Tantivy’s presence; Sychophant will turn and do the thing: Tantivy - Will - DC 18: 1d20+2 10 Tantivy is also helpful towards Sycophant.


EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Fluxx engulfed Ion as Cooker’s blast flew past Ugly Amy. Still, it seemed to have some effect: the blast seemed to snap her back to her senses. She pounced and began racing across the docking bay floor much faster than a normal human was capable.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Five
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - F3)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Exhausted (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20)
  • Ersatz (12 - E6)
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered, Unconscious
First, I neglected to roll some recovery on Fluxx’s turn: Ugly Amy - Fortitude - DC 20 - Recovery: 1d20+14 23 & Ugly Amy - Will - DC 15 - Recovery: 1d20+4 18

Second, power stunting would let you get an alternate power of the snare with contagious, but it should bring the rank down to pay for the cost, right? Unless I’m wrong, it should be rank 9, right?

Ugly Amy will charge Fach: Ugly Amy - Attack - Charge: 1d20+10 26 & Fach - Fortitude - DC 18 - Damage: 1d20+2 19 & Fach - Fortitude - DC 18 - Morph: 1d20+2 13 Fach will be disfigured.

Okay, so… Ersatz is going to attack… Here’s where I’ve been tripped up, trying to figure out how to proceed. Ersatz likes to take advantage of Sneak Attack. Against Ion, it wouldn’t be an issue, but Fluxx is there, covering him. Now, against a conscious opponent, Ersatz would be going for a feint here, but Ion is down, so he wouldn’t feint. But he did see Fluxx flow over him, so… he would? But then he’s feinting against Fluxx when (for his perspective) it’s about mauling Ion…

Ultimately, I just decided to go for a feint on Fluxx and roll the attack: Ersatz - Bluff: 1d20+8 12 It’s low, so I doubt it will come into play this round. Still, go ahead and roll against that Flynn. I’ll roll the attack: Ersatz - Attack: 1d20+4 10 Okay… That’s neglecting the +4 he gets from hitting a prone character, so… 14 to hit. That’s not enough to hit Fluxx normally BUT there is the whole feint thing. If the feint succeeds, Fluxx loses any dodge bonus to Defense and suffers an additional -2 penalty, which would render it a hit, at which point… DC 22 Toughness. While being prone will let you use Defensive Roll, if the feint works, you lose dodge to Defense, which makes you lose the bonus from Defensive Roll.

Further, if the feint hits, Ersatz is making contact with Martin, so assuming that he also doesn’t manage to incapacitate him with that blow, he’ll have to roll against the snare: Ersatz - Reflex - DC 19: 1d20+9 14 Potentially entangled.

Either way, the sword will swing down: Sword - Attack - Power Attack 3: 1d20+10 29 And a potential critical hit, but I’m fairly certain Martin is immune to those (and if not, he should be, Flynn). Also, I just realized I used the wrong stat and that should be 27 to hit (but still threatening a crit that I don’t think matters in this instance) So, if 27 hits, DC 21 Toughness from the sword (or 26 if Martin somehow takes crits).

The sword making contact with Fluxx potentially triggers the snare: Sword - Reflex - DC 19: 1d20 12 Bound and helpless.

A new round will lead with Fluxx.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3268
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:13 am

Fluxx
HP: 2->1 (pay off the exhausted condition so Fluxx is just Fatigued]
CND: Fatigued, bruised 1, injured 1
Fluxx Bluff [1d20+10] = 16+10 = 26
the feint fails but since Fluxx is both fatigued/exhausted and Prone Erzats should hit.
I added a Flaw so that the Extra of contagious still balances to a DC 20 Reflex. but that's neither here nor there.
Please remember the Mushroom Spore-induced Confusion was a cloud area, Ugly Amy would still have been in the cloud and would need to roll against the Confusion effect or be re-infected. Erzats had already moved out of the cloud so he was okay.
The Feint doesn't work, but Fluxx's body is too tired for his normal instincts to pull him out of the way.
Fluxx grunts with the hit but it parted just enough for the expanding flesh to be loosed without causing loss of function. The sword strike however pierced where a normal man's kidney would be - but Fluxx was not a normal man.
This is the second time in.... 6 years where immunity to critical hits saved him from rolling against the +5 damage DC. It fits the character but not sure it's mechanically worth it. ::shrugs::
Fiuxx 2nd toughness [1d20+10] = 10+10 = 20
OKay, it certainly earned it's keep there.
The sword bites a bit deeper before the flesh encompasses it. Fluxx gladly paid the slice of flesh.

The Flesh begins suffocating the German as Flesh covers his mouth and nose and Fluxx tries to break the sword with strength alone.
[Chokehold should apply again Erssats and, With Tether, Fluxx pits his almighty strength against that of the sword. DC 15 Toughness for the sword]
[Assuming Amy is not reinfected by Spores:]

"Amy," Fluxx's mouth calls from the mass of flesh covering three people. He specifically does not call her Ugly. "My mozer was zis world's Jeannette Erlenmeyer. You knew what she could achieve, yes? Zere is nozing your powers can do zat mine cannot counter - including to yourself! Stand down and I will repair your features. Your powers may twist zem again but you will 'ave several monzs, maybe a year where no one looks at you askew or wiz disgust. Ze Armada's time is over. Zis is your one chance at life."

Flux stabilizes his molecules just in case she rounds on him.
keeping to Immutable setting on flesh array
"Something pithy this way comes."

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 am

Imago
HP: 8->7
COND: Bruised x1

Imago took the hit from the Herzog's power but remained standing.

Suddenly, David re-shifted back into the Deinonychus and lunged at Cascade... or that was how it looked...
Reflex: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
Toughness: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18

Maintaining the cloaking, using another Illusion on Cascade - to get him to attack the Herzog (using the rules from Ultimate Power).
Illusion: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
HP reroll: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Ok, so Cascade has to make a Notice check to oppose.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Lex proceeds to ignore the groans, from the idiots being welded to the ground and from his annoyed teammates. To be honest he wasn't paying much attention to his teammates. Kas and Derryl could grumble all they wanted, they didn't have a better suggestion. Or at least Derryl wasn't brave enough to say it out loud yet.

When he heard the door open he spun, standing and leveling a fist at... Kristie's illegitimate brother?

His arm wavered for a moment, than lowered as he found himself giving the newcomer a funny look that was mirrored right back at him.

When the kid offered him a picture he took it.

"Oh, yeah, the crazy guy," He said as he looked at the first picture, "He was a weird..."

He trailed off at the second picture.
“That’s you, right?” he asked. “You’re… You’re my Pop?”
Lex looked from the picture to the boy, then back again.

"This... this is what I get for laughing at Kirstie's daughter showing up," He says mostly to himself as he hands the picture back, "Yeah that-"
“We don’t have time for this,” Derryl groaned. “Grab some metal and leave him with the others.”

“I can help!” the youth exclaimed. “I want to! Please! I’m not… I have a family! My girl and our son…” He looked to where Hurricane Eddie was bound. “I’m not like them.” He seemed surprised to see Breeze. “I don’t even know him. I… I just want to protect my family, you know?”
"I'm sorry, if I'm holding you up the door is that way," Lex snaps at Derryl, "Feel free to go. I can catch up."

He glances over at Kas, then shrugs and says in a calmer tone,, "Seriously, man. I can catch up. I got this."

He turns to the new kid and sighs, "Look... uh... You. Get your family, get off this ship and get down to Vienna. Check in at the Vindicators headquarters there, if I make it back-" He sighs, "Kirstie will be there eventually. Or my folks. Might be a few days but they'll look after you."

"Not much left of the Murphys these days, but we take care of our own."

He turns his attention back to welding the prisoners to the floor, "But anybody still on this ship after we're done?" He grimaced, "Well, I think I'm signing these guys death sentences here. But I can't let them come after us. And they're getting a fair sight better chance than they would have gave us, ya know?"

Horsenhero
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:13 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3


Kas was waiting for Lex to finish restraining the men they'd just disabled as patiently as he could. Deep down he felt horrible leaving these men to an abysmal fate, but he walled off those emotions and concentrated on the job. He still believed what he'd told Lex moments ago...they were on a deadline and they couldn't try to counsel every misguided individual here.

Then a young man who bore a frightening resemblance to his American classmate showed up, proclaiming him "Pop". There was a spanner in the works for certain.
...Feel free to go. I'll catch up."
Kas wasn't a touchy-feely person by nature, but given the present circumstances something seemed to be in order. Squeezing Lex's shoulder in what he hoped was a comradely fashion, he nodded and said;

"Catch up if you can, but do what you have to do. Good luck Lex and I hope we meet again."

Gesturing to Derryl, Kas's voice became more crisp and businesslike.

"Let's go. Argus awaits and I'm not keen on disappointing him."

McGuffin
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Ursa
HP: 7
Cnd: Timetravel = headaches


Timetravel and parallel worlds were giving Otso a headache, but he thought he could understood a bit of what Lex was going through because of his own conversation with Derryl. He laid a big, furry paw on Lex's shoulder as he followed after Kas. "Stay safe and catch up with us, okay?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.

Post Reply