New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

Otso crunched his face in thought. "Didn't he say something about the Drifter and the Aurelius showing up? We should ask her, assuming there isn't a headache-inducing timetravel reason why us finding that out wouldn't work."

He made a face as he remembered Robyn, or Puck as she'd turned out to be named, had caused trouble when they hunted Three. "I guess you had better interactions with Robyn than I did. But yeah, I guess she had better moments at times. You know, except for the whole "drug half the school part"."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Fluxx; NPCs: Eiron, Fach, Martin)
Martin glared at his younger self. His body tensed. He stood up straight. He squared his shoulders. For a flicker of a moment, it seemed as though he might attack. Then suddenly, he smiled. "I apologize, Martin. I understand what you're saying."

He reached towards Fach and his arm elongated. Fluxx reacted and moved to shield her from his doppelganger's touch.

Martin's smile faded. "Move," Martin commanded.

Eiron looked nervously from one Martin to the other. "I think we all need to calm down," he said, putting his hands up and pushing the air down. "Let's all go back to our corners-"

"Silence," Martin said. He never took his eyes from his younger self. "Move."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"Robyn is a trickster." Dennis said as he caught up to the others. "While she is benevolent and I think really did plan everything out to help us - well, starting trouble to solve trouble is a motif of theirs. I forgot that."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Fluxx; NPCs: Eiron, Fach, Martin)
Martin glared at his younger self. His body tensed. He stood up straight. He squared his shoulders. For a flicker of a moment, it seemed as though he might attack. Then suddenly, he smiled. "I apologize, Martin. I understand what you're saying."

He reached towards Fach and his arm elongated. Fluxx reacted and moved to shield her from his doppelganger's touch.

Martin's smile faded. "Move," Martin commanded.

Eiron looked nervously from one Martin to the other. "I think we all need to calm down," he said, putting his hands up and pushing the air down. "Let's all go back to our corners-"

"Silence," Martin said. He never took his eyes from his younger self. "Move."
"What 'appens now is 'ER choice, not yours. Unless you are every bit ze bully zat used to pick on us ze first time we tried public schooling." Fluxx states matter-of-factly.

Fluxx's mouth shifts inside even while he watches what Martin is doing. "I do not trust 'im touching you again. But ultimately ze choice is yours, Ma Cher." Fluxx says inside the bubble of himself to Tatjana, his breath a 28% oxygen/nitrogen mixture to give her breathable air. "Say ze word and I can get you out of 'ere. Or you can ask a question, or I can release you... anyzing you want, Tatjana. I just do not want anyone else, neizer me nor 'IM making choices for you and 'e 'as proven untrustworzy in ze consent department. What do you wish?"

[ If Tatjana chooses to go Fluxx will have her take a deep breath and, watching out for Martin trying to alter the ground beneath their feet, he'll phase the both of them through the floor. An eye, ear, and hand are left to watch for reprisals from the would-be 'god of physical perfection'. Fluxx'll guide them to the reception room of Dr. Yavorshak's office. This wasn't his first choice of place to take her, but then Martin might know his first choice. Hopefully moving through the floor and walls. He'll ask Tatjana to explain everything to the School's Psychologist and report all this to the Administration. Fluxx will then douse himself in vinegar to remove the scent of where he'd been then return to the others asking if they are ready to proceed with their mission.]

[ If, Tatjana wants to ask a question he will relay it to the others so that dialogue can commence. ]

[ If she wants to be released, Fluxx will do so, wary it Martin tries to get handsy with her again. ]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"What 'appens now is 'ER choice, not-"

"IT IS MY CHOICE!" Martin screamed. He bent over slightly and his back spasmed. "It was my gift to give, and you insulted me! Over and over, YOU HAVE INSULTED ME! Now, you will pay for your indignant tone, you insipid little child! You will pay for your pride. You have cost these people my gift. Release her, that I might change her back... or else." Several tendrils slowly began to extend from his back and swayed softly about. "Move. I will not tell you again."

NVAE, LOCKER ROOMS (Everyone Else)
"IT IS MY CHOICE!" a voice roared from the hallway.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

<<"Deep breath.">> he says inside his shell.

And they phase through the floor. He will bolt with Tatjana dragging her through the soil and rock below the school. He had a dozen options to ensure her safety even in the minute or so range where she could hold her breath (thankful that her singer's lungs retained good breath control). He discounted almost all of his initial options for fear that Martin would think of them too. Instead he used what he remembered of the layout of the school to have them come up at the bottom corner of the school's pool's deep end. Several feet of water would prevent their smell from disseminating to give away their whereabouts. Fluxx expanded with breathable air in the shell around Tatjana. "Zat could 'ave gone better." he said to her with a lightness he didn't feel.

He activated his comm. "Anne, pass ze word, possible attack on the School, Sublevel 'Allway outside Wreck Room. Suspect is an ozer-dimensional Martin. Request containment team and for Administration to be advised of potential zreat. And please patch me in to ze comms of ze team zat just went on ze Randy-rescue raid." If the other him couldn't see that touching students, enacting changes beyond their consent, was a gross violation of legal and moral decency then Fluxx had little compassion for him. He was sure Newton would feel the same and would face the consequences from Administration if they did not.

"Tatjana, are you okay?" Fluxx asks finally, slightly away from the comm's receiver.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

The moment Fluxx left, the tendrils on Martin's back shot something into the air. "See if 'e 'as 'is communicator on, Jack. Tell him 'e 'as one minute to return 'er, and I will reverse the effects."

Eiron coughed. As he pulled his hand away, he saw it stained with blood.

"'E 'as one minute to return 'er and apologize to me, or everyone in the school will suffer to ze bubonic plague."
I'm going to hold on Fach for now, flynn. I want to give TM a chance to respond to all this first.

Also, Jack and Kas should be the only ones still with a communicator. Possibly Violet, given that she went back in to change.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
LP: 2

Jack watched as the situation went to hell in a handbasket in record time. Then new-Martin threw things into a whole new level of crazy.
"See if 'e 'as 'is communicator on, Jack. Tell him 'e 'as one minute to return 'er, and I will reverse the effects."

Eiron coughed. As he pulled his hand away, he saw it stained with blood.

"'E 'as one minute to return 'er and apologize to me, or everyone in the school will suffer to ze bubonic plague."
"Uhhh, no." Jack said. "You've basically threatened the girl Martin loves more than anything else in the world. He's already half way out of the school by this point and if I know him at all, which is a lot better than you'd think, the only way he's coming back here is once Fach is safely away from you."

"Kill anyone of us and there's really no telling what Martin would do to you. Trust me, he's got a nasty side if you push him like you're doing." Jack smirked. "Besides, I'm Æsir and you sure as hell ain't Siegfried."

OOC wrote: Shapeshift Set-Up:
-Bioluminescence [16 pts]: Dazzle 8 [visual] (Extra: Area [Cone]); (Flaw: Touch Range)
-Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
-Increased Muscle Mass [10 pts]: Enhanced Strength 10
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Greystone; NPCs: Eiron, Martin)
"Besides, I'm Æsir and you sure as hell ain't Siegfried."

Martin sighed. "No, I am just ze man 'oo killed 'im.

"I did not zreaten 'er. I aim to undo what I did, because 'e insulted me. Repeatedly.

"And you are down to forty seconds. Fighting me will kill everyone who 'as not eaten an apple. I will be just fine, zough. But please, waste more time with bravado.

"Zirty seconds, now."

Eiron reached up to his headset. "Martin!" he screamed into it, never failing to continue to glare at the other Martin. "For the love of god, he's going to kill everyone in the school unless you let him change us back!"

NVAE, ELSEWHERE (Fluxx; NPCs: Fach)
"Anne, pass ze word, possible attack on the School, Sublevel 'Allway outside Wreck Room. Suspect is an ozer-dimensional Martin. Request containment team and for Administration to be advised of potential zreat. And please patch me in to ze comms of ze team zat just went on ze Randy-rescue raid."

"Tatjana, are you okay?"

The German shook her head. "That was scary."

"Martin!" came Eiron's voice across the communicator. "For the love of god, he's going to kill everyone in the school unless you let him change us back!"
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex threw down the guitar when the yelling started and made his way to the door, arriving just in time to see Martin disappear running from Martin.

He hesitated when Eiron started coughing, but when he yelled into the comms Lex's decision was made for him.

He was tired of people coming into his home, threatening everybody he knew and cared about. And this wasn't just some random person. This was Martin, somebody who could easily make that happen. There was only two options, die, or....

Electricity blazing off of him he charged the fake Martin, running up the wall and unleashing a torrent of energy at the monster that looked like his friend.
OOC: Acrobatic Bluff as a move action, Electrical Blast on fake Martin:
1D20+15 = [13]+15 = 28
1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

Acrobatic Bluff should be 23, I forgot the -5.
DC25 toughness save, lethal.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"And now something else has gone wrong." Dennis summarized, before running.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Current and Greystone; NPCs: Eiron, Martin)
Electricity struck Martin, but barely seemed to faze the Frenchman. He simply sighed. "'Allo, Lex."

Eiron's eyes widened in fear. "Lex, be quiet!" he said as he wiped the sweat from his brow. "He's doing this because Martin--our Martin--insulted him! If he's antagonized..."

Martin smiled. "Finally, someone around 'ere with a shred of common sense." He turned slowly and fixed Lex with a searching look. "If you can still move, go to Kirstie and tell 'er not to leave ze locker room. I am afraid I may 'ave infected zis area."
Martin - Sense Motive - DC 28: 1d20+11 20 Failure, so the attack will hit.

Martin - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+8 22 Injured.

Also, DC 18 Fortitude save from Lex. Jack too, now that I think about it. Anyone who comes within 40' of Martin, at this point. Feel free to toss an initiative, in case this escalates.

The Order
  • Fluxx
  • Martin
  • Greystone
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 2

Violet heard yelling in the hall and then something garbled come through the comm as she pulled on her uniform. She started running before she had her left leg all the way in and stumbled but caught herself on Herta before face-planting. "Sorry." She thrust her leg down, got it settled and then pulled the zipper up, catching a hunk of her bra in the teeth. Violet pushed off from Herta and charged out the door to see what was happening.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 =1-1 HP Reroll CND: Normal

"Thanks. Now I won't feel bad for what happens next," Lex snarls, as another massive bolt of plasma builds up in his hand.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
LP: 2

Jack swore, he'd hoped that this version of Martin had been only spouting off one hell of a bluff. At this point though he was forced to admit that the other world Frenchman might have actually carried out his threat of producing the black plague. Activating his communicator Jack spoke calmly despite the growing anger he felt inside. "Greystone to communications; Eiron and Current are with me and we've got an environmental hazard in the sublevel hallway off the Wreck Room caused by an other world version of Martin. Warn everyone to stay out of the area and evacuate per school protocols."

OOC wrote:So let's see.
Initiative: _: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25.

Fortitude Check: _: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24.

Well then.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!