New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: Mouloud, Newton, Vlad)
As he readied himself for the brawl, Dennis appeared in the corridor bringing news from the others: knocking the afflicted unconscious ended the infatuation.

Mouloud grabbed Vlad by the mouth and swung him around. The Romanian's feet left the ground as he was spun. Mouloud released him a second later, letting the stocky youth fly straight for the wall. The speed and power of his blow caused Vlad to crack the plaster, but Vlad seemed almost unfazed by the attack, thanks to the gummy substance composing his body.
The Order, Round One
  • Mouloud (14)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised
  • Dennis (9)
  • Newton (0)
Quwah - Attack: 1d20 16 Hits. Mouloud will start a grapple.Quwah - Grapple: 1d20+8 24 vs.
Candyman - Grapple: 1d20+19 23 Vlad is grappled. Mouloud is going to throw him at the wall. Given his strength, I'm just going to treat this as a DC 23 Toughness save, but Vlad's got Impact Resistance on his Bouncing, so he'll reduce it to DC 17: Candyman - Toughness - DC 17: 1d20+11 16 And fail by one. I'll be damned.

Otso will be up, McGuffin. Also, have a hero point. It just hit me that Kirstie sent Dennis to be Otso's backup. I hadn't even considered how perfect this potential teamup was.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:18 pm NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Dennis, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Dwight Kowalski [unconscious], Kirstie, Lillian Murphy, Roger Murphy [snared], Steven [snared])
Kirstie stood up and turned to Martin. “Martin,” she said, “Steven’s back to normal. It may be knocking them unconscious, or maybe the jolt Lex gave him rewired something!” This revelation needed to be reported to the others, she realized: “Dennis, you need to tell the others! If anyone else is infected by the love potion, the others need to know how to snap them out of it!”

Dennis wasted no time in hurrying after the group Newton had taken with him. Kirstie watched as Martin moved to knockout Lex’s father. “Better not do L-Lillian.” She had almost called the woman ‘Lex’s mum’, but Kirstie felt that the woman wasn’t fit to be called that now. A mother loved her children—protected them. Lillian Murphy had hurt Lex.
Martin continued his 'experiment', ignoring the empassioned words to the best of his ability. As long as it didn't actually get violent his intervention wasn't necessary. Possibly even if it did his intervention might not be needed.

With some trepidation he woke the elder Murphy wearing the guise of Dr. Yavorshak. He's anticipating a superspeed grab attempt and ready to go aqueous.
[Does, indeed, knocking Mr. Murphy out restore him?]
If this is successful he'll leave an ear here to monitor this situation but race after the others to lend his assistance at the cafeteria*.
[*unless something happens here to usurp that.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
Bursting through the double doors, the foursome were hit by a sight unlike anything they were expecting. Together, they had seen their share of chaos. Jack had battled Laputa; Tamati had fought the Zoo; Violet had rescued her boyfriend from a church were zealots wanted to castrate him; J.R. had fought the Vindicators of his home dimension…

This was different, though: here, Derryl wasn’t trying to kill them because of some vast conspiracy; rather, wanted to kill Larrikin because the Australian was between him and Heidi; there was no dogma driving Mickie to sterilize them; she was simply in her metal form, throwing vending machines and tables at an airborne Doug, who was carrying Nicole away from this madness; Rose wasn’t seduced by a mastermind’s silvered tongue, but was desperately trying to pin Kelly’s tongue with her own.

Benedikt’s arms were around Kira; the Finnish freshman’s arms were around him. “All that speed,” the Icelandic boy was telling Herta, “but you can’t get anywhere near her.”

“&$#% undo it,” she hissed. “Do it, before I snap your $&@% neck.”

“You can’t get anywhere close to me—not so long as I’m with my Kira.” Benedikt looked deeply into the newer student’s eyes. “I love you,” he told her.

“I love you,” she told him before pressing her lips to his.

As they began to make out, Herta screamed. She grabbed a bottle of juice and hurled it at them.

Not much further off, Jack spotted a shirtless Lexus. He watched as Kas licked up the other boy’s chest.
Jack couldn't help but stare at the multitude of scenes happening at once, each participant was so involved in their own that they were oblivious to the world around them. He fully blamed Robyn and wanted some serious answers from her about why she did this, and the anger over her drugging so many people without a second thought helped him to focus on locating the girl's scent so he could track her down.
OOC wrote:Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24, well .....I wasn't expecting that.
And to keep things easy here's the Notice Check I did in my last post; Notice Check: _: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex gently reached forward and pulled Kirstie back away from the door.

"You really don't know me at all do you?" Lex stared at the door, he took a slow shuddering breath. They could cut him into pieces, they'd grow back. If she had even listened a little since they're been reunited she would have known that.

But she didn't. She didn't love him. She loved a ghost of what could have been.

"I fought for you. I bled for you. I would have killed for you!"

Lex reached out and touched the door sadly, "But mutilation, torture and genocide? No. I can't. I just don't know you anymore. But my mother taught me too good to stand for that."

"Goodbye, Mom. I don't think... I just don't think we'll ever see each other again,"
He released Kirstie and turned to leave pausing only to give the door once more look, "I loved you."

Head hung low, Lex leaves the room.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 5 -> 4
Cnd: Wrassling

Otso winced as Mouloud effortlessly picked up Vlad and slammed him into the wall. He needed to put a stop to this before anyone was injured seriously.

A frustrated growl escaped from him when Dennis showed up to back him up. "I appreciate you had good intentions while going behind my back Dennis. I know this school takes in some troubled kids but she's seriously out of control."

Otso charged forward, trying to grab Mouloud but the super-strong teen broke his first attempt at a lock. Otso however shifted his footing and got his furry arms around his opponent to begin to try and subdue him.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Holy shit" was all Tamati could think of saying once he saw what was going on inside the cafe, he expected it to be bad but this took the cake.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: J.R., Mouloud, Newton, Vlad)
Otso grabbed Mouloud’s wrist and pivoted behind the Algerian teen. With a thrust, he pinned the youth’s arm behind his back—a feat, given the colossal strength the boy possessed. Without wasting any time, he threaded his free arm around the boy’s neck, putting him into a chokehold.

“Ah, perfect!” laughed Vlad. “Hold him for me!”

The former member of Laputa lowered his shoulder and charged into Mouloud. There was a loud cracking sound as they connected and Otso felt Mouloud go limp. For a brief moment, he had to wonder if Vlad had just killed the pacifist.
The Order, Round One
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised
  • Dennis (9)
Quwah - Grapple: 1d20+8 27 Pinned and suffocating.

Candyman - Attack - Power Attack 4: 1d20+4 24 O_O Quwah - Toughness - DC 31: 1d20 2 Fails by… 29…

Dennis is finally up.
NVAE, CAFETERIA (Jack, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
Jack had Robyn’s scent, but it was moving. She had been here, but she had left—traveling through the walls, if he wasn’t mistaken…

Could she do that?

As he moved into action, Larrikin threw his arms forward, sending a prismatic spray of colour into Derryl’s face.

Across the room, Mickie grabbed the leg of a table and sprinted forward. She swung the table around and hurled it through the air. The table clipped Doug in the back—knocking him out almost instantly. As he reverted to his human form, he and his girlfriend fell to the floor of the cafeteria. Though Nicole remained conscious, she seemed shaken by the fall.
The Order, Round One
  • Herta (49)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23)
  • Mickie (20)
  • Nicole (20): Bruised, Stunned
  • Benedikt (19)
  • Kas (18)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17)
  • Rebecca (17)
  • J.R. (16)
  • Doug (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6)
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1)
  • Lexus (3)
  • Kira (3)
Let’s try to nauseate Derryl. Larrikin - Attack: 1d20+2 22 Go me. Virtuoso - Fortitude - DC 20: 1d20+2 12

Mickie is gonna try to throw a table at Doug: Armor - Attack: 1d20+2 15 That’ll hit Doug. Quail - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+2 11 Doug is down. He and Nicole will fall to the ground. Quail - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20-1 11 & Chameleon - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20 7

Nicole will be stunned.

Benedikt will suck face with Kira.

Kas will make out with Lexus.

Violet’s up.
NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Dennis, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Dwight Kowalski [unconscious], Kirstie, Lillian Murphy, Roger Murphy [snared], Steven [snared])
“Lex!” Kirstie shouted, racing after him. “Lex!” She caught him and began walking beside him. “Where are we going?” she asked.
Knocking Roger out wakes him up. Toss me an initiative, Flynn, and I’ll bring Martin into the fray soonish.
Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 7->6

"Dammit." Dennis growled, if someone died this would be the mother of all fuckups on his part. Vlad was subjected to a succession of vertigo-inducing colors.
Using Perception Stun 8, surge and do again, HP for fatigue cancel.
Will DC 18 twice.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex shuffled forward, hands stuff in the pockets of his jacket and head hung low.

"I don't know, I-" He shook his head, "I don't know. Away. Anywhere but there."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: J.R., Mouloud, Newton, Vlad)
Vlad staggered back from the first psychic assault, but hardly seemed fazed by the second. Nevertheless, it looked to have slowed him down some… just as Martin hurried down the hall.
The Order, Round One
  • Mouloud (14): Bruised, Stunned (R1), Staggered, Suffocating (R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Stunned (Dennis, R1)
  • Dennis (9)
Candyman - Will - DC 18: 1d20+4 12 First one will bruise and stun. It should be one lower, as I neglected to factor in his bruise. Candyman - Will - DC 18: 1d20+2 20 Second one he makes.

The new round will kick off, but I’m going to have Martin come across this. If flynn’s initiative beats Otso, he’ll act. Otherwise, Otso is up.
NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
“Lex!” Kirstie shouted, racing after him. “Lex!” She caught him and began walking beside him. “Where are we going?” she asked.

Lex shuffled forward, hands stuffed in the pockets of his jacket and head hung low. “I don’t know, I…” He shook his head. “I don’t know. Away. Anywhere but there.”

Kirstie nodded repeatedly. “We’re going. I just…” She thought for a moment. “Let’s get off campus. Somewhere quiet. The park. Let’s go for a walk.” She held the door open for her boyfriend and followed him through. “Lex, we can’t rule out that something else isn’t happening here. My aunt could be controlling your mum. I mean, it would fit…”
Love Potion Victims
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
  • Rose Caspain > Kelly Walsh
  • Mickie Daniels > Nicole Mucciante
  • Doug Droll > Nicole Mucciante
  • Kas Flaegler > Lexus Rauf
  • Derryl Isaacson > Heidi Lancaster
  • Benedikt Jónsson > Kira Salo
  • Larrikin > Heidi Lancaster
  • Nicole Mucciante > Doug Droll
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak [undone]
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett [undone]
  • Mouloud Poundstone > Rebecca Graves [undone]
  • Herta Radikovich > Kira Salo
  • Vlad Radikovich > Rebecca Graves
  • Lexus Rauf > Kas Flaegler
  • Kira Salo > Benedikt Jónsson
  • Kelly Walsh > Rose Caspian
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet boggled at the chaos in front of her. How could they possibly stop it without hurting anyone? Since freezing Lex's dad had seemed to help, she decided to try on a larger audience. She pointed and a wave of frost issued forth, covering multiple students in a layer of ice.
Power stunting Snare 8 (Area:Cone) to blast into the cafeteria and get as many lovers as possible.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Jack, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
Violet positioned herself by the doors and gave a warning look to the New Vindicators who had come with her. She pointed, sending a wave of frost to cover her classmates in a layer of frost.

Some barely escaped becoming anchored to the floor: Larrikin, Nicole, Kas... they showed only a bit of frost over them, but were still mobile, unlike Mickie and Lexus, who seemed almost encased in ice. Still, students like Herta, Kelly, and Rose managed to completely escape. It didn't surprise Violet: they were some of the most agile members of the student body.

"Great!" Heidi roared. "More crazy people!" She crouched low and placed an open palm on her shadow. However small it was rendered by the lighting in the room, she made it bigger--causing it to grow and rise from the floor. A swathe of obsidian tendrils flailed around her and suddenly shot from her in every direction, striking at everyone within forty feet of the girl. The wild attack missed most of their intended targets, save for those encased in ice by Violet's attack. Those, Heidi skewered and defeated.

"All right," J.R. said, catching the rafters with a taffy rope and swinging over the ice. "I've got Auntie Herta!" He swung for her, but the Romanian girl effortlessly dodged his kick.
The Order, Round One
  • Herta (49)
  • Jack (24)
  • Larrikin (23): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
  • Nicole (20): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Benedikt (19): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Violet (17)
  • Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed)
  • Rebecca (17): Bound, Bruised, Helpless, Unconscious (R1)
  • J.R. (16)
  • Doug (11): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Tamati (6)
  • Kelly (6)
  • Rose (5)
  • Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1)
  • Lexus (3): Bound, Bruised, Helpless, Unconscious (R1)
  • Kira (3): Bound, Bruised, Helpless, Unconscious (R1)
Tantivy - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+10 13 & Tantivy - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+10 29
Larrikin - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+3 8 & Larrikin - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+3 13
Armorer - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 10 & Armorer - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 8
Chameleon - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 1 & Chameleon - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 14
Benedikt - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 16 & Benedikt - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 15
Magnitude - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 14 & Magnitude - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 14
Nyx - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 9 & Nyx - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 16
Rebecca - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 11 & Rebecca - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 4
Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+6 15 & Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+6 25
Thorn - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 27 & Thorn - Reflex - DC 14: 1d20+7 16
Virtuoso - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 7 & Virtuoso - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 22
Manticore - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+4 21 & Manticore - Reflex - DC 14: 1d20+4 8
Kira - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 10 & Kira - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 8

Nyx will target the area: Nyx - Attack: 1d20+2 9 Well, that'll hit most everyone who's helpless... Armorer's impervious will eat it, Rebecca - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20 8, Manticore - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+2 5, Kira - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20 9 She takes out all three.

J.R. will go for Herta: Viscosity - Attack: 1d20+4 9 And miss terribly.

Tamati is up.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin
Hp: lots
CND: Fatigued next turn.

Seeing the situation, Martin reaches an extending arm up to the Fire nozzle above the Candy man's head and knocks out stopper holding the pressurized water back raining down in a cone in the hallway and drenching the Saccharine foe. "Knock it off, Vlad." he says admonishingly.

He continues his movement towards the downed Moulad.
Healing: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24 Should heal all his conditions, and suffocating will end when Otso releases him.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Fri May 25, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: This hurts me more than you

Otso dropped Mouloud in surprise when Vlad charged into the super strong teen. He hadn't intended that at all but they'd worked so naturally together that it reminded him of before.

But this madness had to stop before someone got seriously hurt and they'd been told unconsciousness seemed to revert the effect... "I'm sorry Vlad." He balled his hand into a fist and threw a punch at his friend.
Can you roll the attack for me Mich? I'm going hiking for the weekend so I'll more then likely be out of touch.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Mouloud, Vlad)
Vlad staggered back from the first psychic assault, but hardly seemed fazed by the second. Nevertheless, it looked to have slowed him down some… just as Martin hurried down the hall.

As he approached, Martin’s arm stretched out and up to knock the stopper out of the water sprinkler. Dark grey water began to spray down over them, causing Vlad’s saccharine armor to melt away. “Knock it off, Vlad,” the Frenchman said as he moved to Otso and Mouloud.

At Martin’s approach, Otso slowly set the Algerian down. Martin was already healing Mouloud as Otso advanced on the stunned Romanian. “I’m sorry, Vlad,” he said before knocking him out with a punch.

“Wh-what happened?” Mouloud asked wearily as he slowly regained consciousness. He saw the sprinklers and suddenly became more alert. “Is the school on fire?”
The Order, Round One
  • Martin (27)
  • Otso (11)
  • Vlad (11): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dennis, R1), Unconscious (R1)
  • Dennis (9)
First, that is just a badass entrance from Martin. Have a hero point for that.

Ursa - Attack: 1d20+6 26 I guess I should roll for y’all more often. :D Candyman - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+4 9 Vlad is down.