New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 3
Cnd: On the hunt

Otso stared at Robyn for a moment, struggling with words before finally exhaling. It wasn't worth the damn breath. He nodded to Martin, then motioned towards Violet. "Violet, you got Wolf's address? Lets go find Beatrice and track the boys down."
The video does in fact work here. Cool song, I like it.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
"So," Robyn said, flashing them all a devious grin, "you might want to rally the troops."

Dennis opened his mouth, then just closed it. Puck lived up to their name, undoubtedly. "Where are they being kept?" he finally asked.

Robyn frowned. "I worry that telling you myself would mess up my plans. I need the brothers to have a nice little heart-to-heart, and it just wouldn't do if you all showed up to save the day before that could happen. Like I said: take Beatrice to Wolf's house and have her follow the trail."

"Puck," Newton growled in warning as Jack entered the cafeteria.

"If I'm right--and I usually am--by the time this whole ordeal is over, two families will be back together, one of your students will stop tormenting his classmates, a teacher will find some measure of happiness, a small child will be happy, a criminal will go to prison, a Crux safehouse will be brought down, a sex trafficking ring will be broken up..." Robyn looked at Martin. "Or did you not realize that I just handed you Wolf's cell phone, which has the personal phone number of the man who runs the Albanian mafia that Vicente DeGallow previously worked for?" She sighed and shook her head. "Are all mortals genetically incapable of seeing the bigger picture?"

Martin just pursed his lips and shook his head.

"I am particularly irked by entities wiz so much power to be godlike, so much power to be bored wiz it all, yet wiz just enough empazy zat zey can justify zeir chaotic manipulations in a cloak of 'altruism', a convenient excuse to play to zeir whims." Martin sighed. "It is anozer form of bullying, but... at least zis time, to my knowledge, no one was forced to break into song."

That earned him a curious look from Robyn--a momentary show of confusion from a being who delighted in seeming like it knew everything.

"I would like to say... zank you, Robyn. Zank you very much. You could 'ave been so much worse for ze world, for zis school." Martin says, giving the capricious entity a moment to let his thanks settle in.

He looks to the room filled with Neo-Sapiens recently roused from sleep or concussion, some just barely learning to control their gifts. "Zank you, Robyn Goodfellow, for showing us ze dangers of too much power and an object lesson in zeir misuse. Every student 'ere will be tempted to use ze abilities to impose zeir Will upon ze world - whezer it be to take what zey want, or even in ze pursuit of doing 'good', 'noble' acts - exposing a traitor, 'ealing a family. But you, Puck, 'ave shown us all what it feels like to be collateral damage in 'aving zat imposed upon us. Zank you.

"I could launch in to why giving us ze information zen trusting us to sort out our problems - whezer zrough investigation and observation, and building a case, or zrough self-reflection and communication and zerapy - would 'ave been slower but better, but I do not zink you would learn anyzing from zis. But opefully everybody 'ere will." He looked around the room, then he looked back to Robyn. "So Robyn, Zank you. We will go rescue ze Murphy brozers as you suggest, no doubt wiz zeir relationship much more improved for zeir shared 'ardship and turmoil. Maybe you would share what you know of zis ozer 'mole'? And per'aps zen you can return to why ze Master Wizard, Ze Aurelius, asked you to work wiz Dennis and determine why ze school's magical protections 'ave failed, if zey were deliberately brought down, and what may need to 'appen to protect zese students from magical zreats.

"As for us, Otso, could you ask Beatrice if she would be willing to 'elp. We will start at.." Martin checks his own phone, "'Wolf's' if any of us know where zat is. Dr. Netwon, I can get you a license plate and ze descriptions of two men, suspected Crux members, zat Lex was last wiz, along wiz ze numbers from Wolf's phone to get to ze auzorities to report a kidnapping. I'll get you ze information as we'll take ze actual phone wiz us as it might prove useful.

"Zis sound good?"

Otso stared at Robyn for a moment, struggling with words before finally exhaling. It wasn't worth the damn breath. He nodded to Martin, then motioned towards Violet. "Violet, you got Wolf's address? Lets go find Beatrice and track the boys down."

As they headed off, Robyn smiled at Martin. "Message received, Monsieur Curie: my meddling is not appreciated, nor wanted. The other mole is Oberleutnant Wetl, a communications officer for the United Nations and member of Crux." Robyn turned to Newton and Dennis. "I will return to protecting the Tharivol brothers and investigating the dissipation of the protective wards that previously surrounded this school, and nothing more."

Robyn turned back to Martin and grinned fiendishly. "Good luck saving Randy on your own."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex blinked hard, looking around groggy and annoyied. He was god damned cold, and everything hurt, including his hand. And his mouth felt dry as a desert in a heatwave. Didn't help that he felt like puking.

Wait, why was he wet? And why did his hand hurt? What had been going on?

"Me, first. I think I've pissed off more people," He looked at the pool, then the cage, then took some of the water and drank it, grimacing he considered spitting it out, then took another drink anyways, "Look, I need you to take a step back, my head is killing me. What's going on? Last thing I remember... I... uh..."

It was blurry haze in his mind. He remembered screaming and violence, and... the school? Something important happened and he was starting to feel some dread in the back of his head.

"Fuck. How messed up am I that waking up in the cage isn't the scary part of this?"
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4
"Puck," Newton growled in warning as Jack entered the cafeteria.

"If I'm right--and I usually am--by the time this whole ordeal is over, two families will be back together, one of your students will stop tormenting his classmates, a teacher will find some measure of happiness, a small child will be happy, a criminal will go to prison, a Crux safehouse will be brought down, a sex trafficking ring will be broken up..." Robyn looked at Martin. "Or did you not realize that I just handed you Wolf's cell phone, which has the personal phone number of the man who runs the Albanian mafia that Vicente DeGallow previously worked for?" She sighed and shook her head. "Are all mortals genetically incapable of seeing the bigger picture?"

Martin just pursed his lips and shook his head.

"I am particularly irked by entities wiz so much power to be godlike, so much power to be bored wiz it all, yet wiz just enough empazy zat zey can justify zeir chaotic manipulations in a cloak of 'altruism', a convenient excuse to play to zeir whims." Martin sighed. "It is anozer form of bullying, but... at least zis time, to my knowledge, no one was forced to break into song."

That earned him a curious look from Robyn--a momentary show of confusion from a being who delighted in seeming like it knew everything.

"I would like to say... zank you, Robyn. Zank you very much. You could 'ave been so much worse for ze world, for zis school." Martin says, giving the capricious entity a moment to let his thanks settle in.

He looks to the room filled with Neo-Sapiens recently roused from sleep or concussion, some just barely learning to control their gifts. "Zank you, Robyn Goodfellow, for showing us ze dangers of too much power and an object lesson in zeir misuse. Every student 'ere will be tempted to use ze abilities to impose zeir Will upon ze world - whezer it be to take what zey want, or even in ze pursuit of doing 'good', 'noble' acts - exposing a traitor, 'ealing a family. But you, Puck, 'ave shown us all what it feels like to be collateral damage in 'aving zat imposed upon us. Zank you.

"I could launch in to why giving us ze information zen trusting us to sort out our problems - whezer zrough investigation and observation, and building a case, or zrough self-reflection and communication and zerapy - would 'ave been slower but better, but I do not zink you would learn anyzing from zis. But opefully everybody 'ere will." He looked around the room, then he looked back to Robyn. "So Robyn, Zank you. We will go rescue ze Murphy brozers as you suggest, no doubt wiz zeir relationship much more improved for zeir shared 'ardship and turmoil. Maybe you would share what you know of zis ozer 'mole'? And per'aps zen you can return to why ze Master Wizard, Ze Aurelius, asked you to work wiz Dennis and determine why ze school's magical protections 'ave failed, if zey were deliberately brought down, and what may need to 'appen to protect zese students from magical zreats.

"As for us, Otso, could you ask Beatrice if she would be willing to 'elp. We will start at.." Martin checks his own phone, "'Wolf's' if any of us know where zat is. Dr. Netwon, I can get you a license plate and ze descriptions of two men, suspected Crux members, zat Lex was last wiz, along wiz ze numbers from Wolf's phone to get to ze auzorities to report a kidnapping. I'll get you ze information as we'll take ze actual phone wiz us as it might prove useful.

"Zis sound good?"

As they headed off, Robyn smiled at Martin. "Message received, Monsieur Curie: my meddling is not appreciated, nor wanted. The other mole is Oberleutnant Wetl, a communications officer for the United Nations and member of Crux." Robyn turned to Newton and Dennis. "I will return to protecting the Tharivol brothers and investigating the dissipation of the protective wards that previously surrounded this school, and nothing more."

Robyn turned back to Martin and grinned fiendishly. "Good luck saving Randy on your own."
Robyn's last comment got Jack's attention, as herexplaination of her manipulation of what she'd been tasked with doing at the school left him struggling to keep up given all the twist and turns she'd done. "Wait, you know about Randy's uncle and that loon he's worried about?"
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

"Of course Puck knows." Dennis explained. "It was one of the other issues I discussed with the Aurelius. And considering that it's quite possible that McKinnon is not only a rogue Aurelii, but an Aesir like you, 'a loon' is rather discounting the threat, Jack."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4
EnigmaticOne wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm"Of course Puck knows." Dennis explained. "It was one of the other issues I discussed with the Aurelius. And considering that it's quite possible that McKinnon is not only a rogue Aurelii, but an Aesir like you, 'a loon' is rather discounting the threat, Jack."
"Not meaning to be dismissive, just a bit nicer than what I'd rather call McKinnon." Jack clarified. "Didn't know you'd shared that with the Aurelius, but considering how busy we've been lately it's understandable stuff slipping like that."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

CRUX SAFEHOUSE (Lex; NPCs: Stephen)
When Lex came around, his sides and back hurt. He was sitting up--leaning against corrugated walls. It was dark and he was sitting in water. His hands went to the walls. It was a holding tank that wouldn't hold up to his powers, except that...

"Good morning, sunshine," his brother side from the other side of the tank. "Who do you think they'll castrate first? Me or you?"

"Me first. I think I've pissed off more people."

They were both in a foot of water. If Lex used his powers in here, he'd electrocute his little brother. There were times he thought Stephen might have deserved it, but now?

“Look... when they come for us? Do what you have to do to save yourself, okay? Don't let them use me to make you hold back."

He looked at the pool, then the cage, then took some of the water and drank it, grimacing he considered spitting it out, then took another drink anyways. Stephen made a retching sound. "Look, I need you to take a step back, my head is killing me. What's going on? Last thing I remember... I... uh..."

It was blurry haze in his mind. He remembered screaming and violence, and... the school? Something important happened and he was starting to feel some dread in the back of his head.

"Fuck. How messed up am I that waking up in the cage isn't the scary part of this?"

Stephen sighed. "I don’t know what happened to you. Me, I got my ass whupped by a bunch of these assholes and locked up in a cage. A few minutes later, this car pulls up and this fat guy and a kid about our age with one hand comes in carrying your unconscious ass. He’s all ‘we still got that tank?’ They shoved a hose in, tossed you and me in here, and then shut the top.”

It was dark, but some light made it in through some makeshift holes in the top. Unless Lex missed his guess, someone had put those there so that they wouldn’t suffocate. At least that meant they weren’t planning to kill them...

“I take it you came down here because of mom?” He saw his younger brother roll his eyes. “Dumbass bitch...” Stephen turned away, but Lex definitely heard him sniffle. “Do you think dad’s okay? He wasn’t with you, was he?”

Lex must have been hit harder than he thought: it sounded almost as though Stephen Murphy cared about the Neo-Sapien portion of his family.

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
“Wait, you know about Randy's uncle and that loon he's worried about?"

“Duh,” Robyn said as Dennis said, "Of course Puck knows. It was one of the other issues I discussed with the Aurelius. And considering that it's quite possible that McKinnon is not only a rogue Aurelii, but an Aesir like you, 'a loon' is rather discounting the threat, Jack."

"Not meaning to be dismissive, just a bit nicer than what I'd rather call McKinnon." Jack clarified. "Didn't know you'd shared that with the Aurelius, but considering how busy we've been lately it's understandable stuff slipping like that."

Newton fixed Robyn with a level stare. “Where are the O’Shaes, Puck?”

“I really shouldn’t meddle. It’s clear how much you lot don’t like it when I do that...”
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

"It's the lack of warning we really didn't like." Dennis observed.

"Please. If you mend, we will pardon: Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends." Dennis reached out his hand .If Shakespearean flattery didn't work, nothing would with the petulant fae.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Dad?" Lex grimaced and tried to concentrate, "No, they'd need to hit him with a tru-"

Lex stops dead.

"A truck."

"A truck."

"You hit Kirstie with a fucking truck!"
He roared, "We left you alone and you hit my girlfriend with a fucking truck!"

"I am going to get out of here and I'm going to kill every last one of you sons of bitches!"
Lex screamed, practically frothing at the mouth.

He panted fighting the urge to unleash his powers and simply blow his way out of the cage in storm of plasma and rage.
No, that wasn't how he was going to do this. As much as he didn't like his brother, his brother wasn't the one that stabbed him in the back. No this was going to be slow and painful and he wasn't going to let any of them go. He was going to-

Any of them?

Lex looked around, "Wait, they're not here yet are they? They'd be trying to hack our nuts off if the doctors were here..."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

“Please,” Stephen groaned. “You’re not going to kill anyone. You’re too much like our dad. You’d feel guilty afterwards...

“Besides, killing them just proves they’re right about you speeb freaks: you’re all dangerous and need to be put down for the good of nice normal people like...” He swallowed hard. “Like me,” he muttered.

Stephen quickly cleared his throat. “Did they kill her? Your girlfriend? Not that I care or anything, but... I... I mean, they... They hit her with a truck, right? That’s pretty much F.U.B.A.R., man.”
I’ll hold on the other scene, to give others a chance to reply. Props to EO for dropping some MND quotes on us. That was glorious.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"I don't know," Lex ran his hands through his hair, "Her powers kicked in, but... she didn't get up. And she's not here."

"If she's dead, I'm already going to feel bad for the rest of my life, you think I'm going to care one bit about what I do to these guys? We left them alone and they came after us again and again,"
Lex started smacking his cage trying to find a weak point, "Every time, we leave them alone, they come after us. Black Box, Laputa, those mages, Attercop and her puppets, those dimension hoppers and now Crux Maybe it's time to make an example of somebody."

He looks at Steve's cage then asks, "So why'd they go after you? You don't have any powers yet, right? They racist against normal people now?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Once again Tamati felt like he had walked into an advanced calculus class and was expected to keep up as names and events were all thrown together until one name made him take note
Robyn wrote: "If I'm right--and I usually am--by the time this whole ordeal is over, two families will be back together, one of your students will stop tormenting his classmates, a teacher will find some measure of happiness, a small child will be happy, a criminal will go to prison, a Crux safehouse will be brought down, a sex trafficking ring will be broken up..." Robyn looked at Martin. "Or did you not realize that I just handed you Wolf's cell phone, which has the personal phone number of the man who runs the Albanian mafia that Vicente DeGallow previously worked for?" She sighed and shook her head. "Are all mortals genetically incapable of seeing the bigger picture?"
DeGallow was not a common name ad what would be the odds that Vicente was related to Shelby's Dad in some way and if this Vicente was or had been involved in the Albanian mafia then was Viktor tied up with them too .... Maybe this was what Robyn was trying to bring to light to help Sarah win her custody battle ... but then the thought of a sex trafficking ring made Tamati's blood run cold .. and if they were all tied together ... a fire started to burn deep inside of Tamati.
Imago wrote:
"It's the lack of warning we really didn't like." Dennis observed.

"Please. If you mend, we will pardon: Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends." Dennis reached out his hand .If Shakespearean flattery didn't work, nothing would with the petulant fae.
Tamati had to agree with Dennis although his choice of words did confuse him, it sounded more like something from one of those really old English plays that he had been forced to sit through.

"I want to help" Tamati offered "And Robyn anything else you can share with us would be appreciated."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Stephen quickly cleared his throat. “Did they kill her? Your girlfriend? Not that I care or anything, but... I... I mean, they... They hit her with a truck, right? That’s pretty much F.U.B.A.R., man.”

"I don't know," Lex said as he ran his hands through his hair. “Her powers kicked in, but... she didn't get up. And she's not here.

"If she's dead, I'm already going to feel bad for the rest of my life. You think I'm going to care one bit about what I do to these guys? We left them alone and they came after us again and again.” Lex started smacking his cage trying to find a weak point. "Every time, we leave them alone, they come after us. Black Box, Laputa, those mages, Attercop and her puppets, those dimension hoppers and now Crux... Maybe it's time to make an example of somebody."

“Whether she’s dead or not, you really think you killing people will make her happy? Look, I don’t know her at all, but even I get that she wouldn’t like that.”

Lex looked at Steve then asked, "So why'd they go after you? You don't have any powers yet, right? They racist against normal people now?"

“I don’t have any powers at all,” Stephen said icily. “And they didn’t come after me. I came after them. Maybe we’re too alike... I was pissed after what happened with m—Lillian... One of the new kids told me this was where Crux was, so I... I came here to bust some skulls.” Stephen punched the walls of the tank. “Got my ass handed to me instead.”
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Maybe she wouldn't like it. But maybe she wouldn't have been hit by a truck and we wouldn't be here," Lex mutters.

Michuru wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 pm “I don’t have any powers at all,” Stephen said icily. “And they didn’t come after me. I came after them. Maybe we’re too alike... I was pissed after what happened with m—Lillian... One of the new kids told me this was where Crux was, so I... I came here to bust some skulls.” Stephen punched the walls of the tank. “Got my ass handed to me instead.”
"Well, I'd say the new kid is an asshole," Lex continues to move around his cell trying to find where it is locked, and where he can apply pressure and leverage, "And I'd say you met the Murphy kryptonite. I was so pissed off I wanted to tear those idiots apart with my bare hands."

"One of them is going to a hospital, that's for sure,"
He growled then shook his head, "This is why we should learn boxing from Dad. Maybe I'll stop breaking my fingers if I know what I'm doing."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

“I wish dad would have taught me how to fight,” Stephen said darkly. “I’m sure he’d teach you. Probably Doug and Nate and Rose.” The water in the tank sloshed as he sat down suddenly. “Not the disappointment, though...” He started to chuckle. It was unsettling. “Guess I should thank Lillian: I’m not the biggest disappointment in the old man’s life anymore.”