New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 5

Violet screamed and jumped back, just avoiding the attack. The floor and wall where she'd been standing was smashed quite thoroughly. She responded with a stream of ice at the attacker's feet.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

“While I have killed,” the elder Otso said, “it was out of necessity. I hope that doesn’t make me a murderer.”
"Dude, welcome to Dimensional Space Australia. Everybody here was tossed in jail for some reason. Some people got it coming, some people were good folk who just got screwed. Some people got press ganged into coming in, others... just want to live," Lex shrugs, "Me? I figure at this point what you did ain't as important as what you're going to do."

"About three worlds worth of people are depending on it, and this is probably the last best chance we have of ever stopping this,"
Lex pauses then mumbles, "Last best chance. I like that."

“Thank you for helping me, but the rest of my team is…” His shoulders sagged helplessly. “I don’t know. They took me out. I woke up here. I hope the rest are…”
"Haven't seen anybody on your team. Confident about that one, 'cause I'm guessing they wouldn't try to kill us for suggesting they not destroy an entire dimension."

Lex looks around the room then sighs, "I'd offer to help you look, I would, but we're on a mission here. We're off to off the android, the asshat android of Elipsis."

"Take out head, and all that."

"Doesn't look like an ambush yet, you guys want to join us?" Lex calls to the others.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP: 2 Condition: Normal

Merle recoils in horror at the sight of the snakes making their appearance in the hall, "Egah!"

He flicks a hand at them and a portal opens up under a series of small ice blocks that Shiver had made earlier, accelerating them to a high speed before rocketing out of a portal opened just over the snake's position.
OOC: Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKEEEEE!!!!: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
Teleportal attack on snakes. Toughness DC23
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 > 2
Condition: Bruise x1

It was a strange sensation when he put his hand round another person's head cutting off their supply of oxygen and one to be honest he was uncomfortable doing, the feeling of surrounding their head and pressing his "hand" up their nostrils and then when the girl in front of him opened her mouth to scream his hand flowed into her mouth and down her throat. The sense of panic and sheer terror he could see in her eyes as she realised that her hands were just harmlessly passing through his hand and arm as her consciousness faded with the lack of air. God forbid if he ever came to enjoy using his power like that but Tamati was pragmatic enough to realise it was the quickest way for him to end a threat.

Relieved to see the girl was still breathing Tamati looked up and round seeing that his companions were all standing and in one piece and if he wasn't mistaken the ones under the control of the mind controller were back to normal. A quick glance confirmed the other woman was somehow alive after crumbling under Ogre's blow.

Changing back to normal Tamati smiled "Great work guys ka pai, that was a tough fight but we did it. Now lets move them all over into that locker over there and lock them in like we did the others before and then we can finish what we came here to do. Good lets do it."

As he spoke Tamati made sure that he made eye contact with every one of his companions from the huge Ogre to the lithe speedster, he remembered Arturo telling him once after a day surfing how important eye contact was when you were trying to convince people to do what you wanted.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 8
Cnd: Fine?

Otso was conflicted between impatience to continue their mission and dread at facing his otherworldly doppleganger when Lex gave the all clear. In the end the hurry won out and he entered the room.

"Time to move poju, there's at least three worlds worth of innocent lives hanging in the balance and an evil android that needs stopping." Otso slipped in the nickname his grandfather had always called him as he spoke. If the other him was anything like, well, him, he'd realize the sentiment and what was at stake.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone, Key, and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Sublime, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, and Viscosity)
Prestige thrust his pinky finger out on his left hand and began to move it in a small circle—counterclockwise—while he slashed upward with his right hand. “Sispom mernu,” he said.

Greystone felt something brush against his feet. Looking down, he saw snakes streaming past him, making their way out into the hallway.

“Egah!” Key exclaimed. The sight of the snakes making their way towards them left him recoiling in horror. He flicked a hand at them, opening a portal under the ice blocks Shiver had made for him. He sent them through a portal loop to accelerate them before dropping it down onto some of the snakes. Though he’d managed to take out several of them, some had managed to escape the fate their brothers shared.

The tall youth did not appear alone in his disgust: Sublime was making a similar face as she watched the vipers slither past.

Further up the hall, Shiver managed to freeze Slag’s legs.
Michuru81 wrote:Image

The Order, Round Three
  • Shiver (23 – E6)
  • Greystone (20 – H12)
  • Ultra Mauler (19 – E12)
  • Vespertine (16 – E14)
  • Candyman (15 – E7)
  • Takeuchi (12 – H11): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
  • Key (9 – E13)
  • Sublime (7 –F13 )
  • Viscosity (7 – E8)
  • Slag (5 – F5): Bound, Helpless
  • Prestige (3 – H10)
  • Snakes (x6)
I’m going to waive a roll for the snakes and go with four of them hit in a 5’ square area. Four are gone. Six remain.

New round: Slag - Reflex - DC 16: 1d20+3 7 Snare effect, Shock? Bound and helpless for moi.

Jack is up, TM.
BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
“Time to move, poju.” Otso slipped in the nickname his grandfather had always called him as he spoke. If the other him was anything like, well, him, he'd realize the sentiment and what was at stake. Instead, the older Otso barely seemed to notice. There was no recognition in the man’s eyes—just confusion. “There’s at least three worlds worth of innocent lives hanging in the balance and an evil android that needs stopping.”

The other Otso nodded. “Yes,” he said. “We should be off.”

The Order, Round One
  • Current (23)
  • Ursa (8)
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Hemophiliac, Kelpie, Paramour)
“She’s dead, Paramour.” Prehistoric heard Imago’s voice in his ear—as though the illusionist were standing beside him, whispering to him. That was going to take some getting used to. “Take those bastards down. The Herzog and the water controller first, then the last one.”

The Order, Round Five
  • Kelpie (25 – D6): Bruised, Injured, Disabled, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Imago (16 – D5)
  • Cascade (15 [+7] – C9): Bruised
  • Prehistoric (15 – E8)
  • Paramour (14 – E4): Bruised, Injured
  • Herzog Kasamir (13 [+3] – D10): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Hemophiliac, R4)
  • Hemophiliac (13 – C4): Bruised, Injured, Prone
  • Trauma (11 - D9): Bruised x3, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious (R3)
  • Confectionery (9 – C5): Bruised x3, Dead, Disabled, Injured x3, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Grey Men (9)
  • Whitaker (7 – E9)
Cascade is stunned and shakes it off after his turn in the order—David is up, Shock. You have +1 to stuff from Dennis.
DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
“We need to bind them,” Cacophony said. “If they wake up, they could ambush us…”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Tantivy growled. “We get it. Just put them in another locker.”

As Ogre moved to do just that, Shakes followed Prodigy back to where the two men had been left. Cacophony made her way up to Tantivy. “That was really smart,” she said, tucking strands of ebony hair behind her ears. “That plan, I mean.” She began to blush. “Looks and smarts.”

EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
A storm of emotions was swirling inside of Fach. Though she hadn’t known Oscar very long—barely an hour—she liked him. He was someone who had made mistakes, but he was willing to admit it and determined to make up for it. He was someone who was in love. He was someone who she wanted happiness for. He had died, though. He wouldn’t know happiness now.

These people had been willing to kill, and they would be willing to kill Ion and Cooker—two others she hadn’t known long. They would be willing to kill Fluxx—someone who, more so than Oscar, she wanted happiness for.

They would be willing to kill her.

Fluxx was curled around Ion, desperately trying to save him. Cooker was throwing everything he had at Ugly Amy and still she endured. She wanted to scream—she wanted to make the woman’s skull burst the way she shattered glass… but she didn’t want to hurt her friends any more than she had.

Still, she had to stop this woman…

“O mio babbino caro,” she sang, “mi piace, afa bello bello. Vo'andare in Porta Rossa, a comperar l'anello!”

As she began to sing O Mio Babbino Caro from Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi, Ugly Amy’s eyes lids began to droop. She began to staggered before finally giving in to the weariness she suddenly felt. As she collapsed forward, relief washed over the German girl. A smile touched her lips as her eyes rolled back. Fach joined Ugly Amy on the floor of the docking bay.

The Order, Round Six
  • Jones (25 - E14): Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious (R1)
  • Fluxx (23 - E4)
  • Cooker (20 - E5)
  • Oscar (19 - D18): Bruised x3, Dead, Staggered
  • Fach (14 - C4): Fatigued (R2)
  • Ugly Amy (13 - E20): Bruised, Stunned (Cooker, R6), Staggered
  • Ersatz (12 - E6): Bruised, Entangled, Stunned (Fach, R5), Suffocating
  • Cleave (9 - D7): Unconscious (R3)
  • Ion (4 - D5): Bruised x2, Disabled, Injured x2, Stunned (Ersatz, R3), Staggered
Ugly Amy - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+8 20 Bruised and stunned.

Fach will stunt Sarah’s power: Sleep 8 (Extras: Area [Cloud, +1]; Flaws: Range [Touch, -1], Sense-Dependent [hearing, -1]) Reflex DC 18 vs. Will DC 18 for Cooker and Fluxx.

Ugly Amy - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+3 11 & Ugly Amy - Will - DC 18: 1d20+3 22

Screw it. Fach is doing something cool. Amy failed. Also, I have been neglecting that Fach has been fatigued from extra effort and should have been unconscious a few rounds ago. So, after the use of this, she’s going to collapse.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx listened to the His girlfriend's lovely voice before realizing it was a sleep song. He shook off the effects before succumbing.

Fluxx hung on long enough to make sure Ersatz dropped unconscious from the lack of air then he gathered himself together. He first went to check on Tatjana, finding her downed from fatigue he was grateful it wasn't more serious. Fluxx went to give the promised Healing to Ion and assessed the state of his team... Oscar dead, Lluvia's state unknown, Tatjana down though that may have been a blessing given her disfigurement, Ion should be healed to full health and Cooker seemed unharmed, though, so that was a plus. Fluxx looked deeper at Fach's condition.
Is the disfigurement a CHA drain? is it a permanent transformation? Can Fluxx tell if the cells are slowly righting themselves?
It had been less than two minutes since their ambush, they were clearly expected.
but Fluxx couldn't piece together how and others might be on their way. Fach needed rest time and he had no safe place to put her. They still had to find a man and his sick wife, then destroy the stoichion batteries. And they were functionally down to three. He looked to the inert forms of Jones, Cleave, Ersatz, and Ugly amy, and the more distant unmoving form of Graf Oscar.

"Gentlemen, you know ze situation as well as I, are you willing to continue?"
What he didn't add aloud was '...or am I doing this alone?'
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 2
COND: Unharmed

"Yeah, just... what are we going to do about them?" Cooker pointed to the out-cold but still alive four Armada member. "Think we should call in to the others?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 4 CND: Normal

Lex glances over at the other Otso, "Guess you're heading with us then?"

"Well, if you wouldn't mind leading the way?"
Lex says, indicating which way they're going, "Nothing personal, but you are a giant scary bear."

He didn't have a good excuse for trusting Nate more than he trusted Alter-Otso, rather than the fact that he could understand Nate's story. This new guy just confused him. If he was Derryl's Otso then why was he still alive? In fact why was he still alive at all?

Maybe he was supposed to be bait, but if so then why hadn't sprung the trap? A shapeshifter, or even an evil Otso could ruin their days he he got in the middle of their team. Besides the armored duo, and the good Otso, most of them would react to being mauled like any other normal person

Poorly.

"Figure there ain't much that could really stand up to the two of you for very long," He adds, glancing at his Otso.

"But if you start seeing bugs you might want to let us know, Creeper is around her somewhere. Hopefully reconsidering his plans for the future, and working for a genocidal robot," He holds for a second then rolls his eyes, "But probably just planning to swarm us with bugs."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Relieved that there were no arguments about what to do with the fallen Armada members Tamati's heart skipped a beat or two when Cacophony sidled up next to him
Cacophony wrote: As Ogre moved to do just that, Shakes followed Prodigy back to where the two men had been left. Cacophony made her way up to Tantivy. “That was really smart,” she said, tucking strands of ebony hair behind her ears. “That plan, I mean.” She began to blush. “Looks and smarts.”
"Thanks .. really?" Tamati lost track of what he was going to say at Cacophony's last comment and then he couldn't help noticing just cute she was blushing right in front of him.

"Umm everyone did their bit and that silent trick was so cool .." Tamati was starting to babble "And you look amazing too."

Opps did he just say that out loud.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 11
Cnd: Cautious

The non-reaction from his double caught Otso off guard and he did a double-take. He'd been so sure of the scent and it had all just made sense after his talk with Derryl before the mission but now...

He'd initially been uncomfortable with the double and what facing him meant. Even if he's the real deal, that doesn't mean he's my future. Now, he pushed to the fore of the group to walk side by side with the older version of himself.

"Kauanko oot ollut täällä? Mitä muulle tiimilles tapahtu? Derryl kertoi että teidän maailma yritti pysäyttää invaasiota."
"How long have you been here? What happened to the rest of your team? Derryl told me your world tried to stop the invasion."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

BETA TEAM (Current, Magnitude and Ursa; NPCs: The Blue Knight, Derryl, the Drifter, Paladin)
"Guess you're heading with us then?" Current asked, looking to the older Otso.

"Yes," the bear said. "Hopefully, we'll find out what happened to my team."

"Well, if you wouldn't mind leading the way?" Current nodded his head towards the indicating which way they're going, "Nothing personal, but you are a giant scary bear. Figure there ain't much that could really stand up to the two of you for very long."

Looking to his Ursa, Current realized something was wrong: the Finnish teen looked suspicious, and so did Derryl... who was supposedly this Otso's teammate.

"Kauanko oot ollut täällä? Mitä muulle tiimilles tapahtu? Derryl kertoi että teidän maailma yritti pysäyttää invaasiota."

The other Otso chuckled uncomfortably. "It's been a long time since I had to speak it. I might be a little rusty-"

"What language is it?" asked Derryl.

"Finnish," said the other Otso. "Derryl, we're wasting time with-"

Derryl nodded to an unvoiced idea. "Got it. So, new question: illusionist or shapeshifter?"

"Derryl, this is-"

"What's your wife's name? Your daughter? Where do you-"

"Beatrice," said the pretender. "Derryl-"

"You tortured him, didn't you?" Derryl's hands were balled into fists that shook with rage. "One of those missions--one of the times when we came here... You took him prisoner, huh? Tortured him for information? For what? So you could do this!?!"

"I never to-" The other Otso's lips were moving, but no sound was coming from his mouth.

"He was a good man," Derryl hissed. "For over a year, he hadn't seen his family because of you bastards, but he never showed it. He said the world was in danger and the world was more important than his happiness. I can't tell you how many times he shielded me or Montana or Haley because we were inexperienced and useless in a fight. Do you know how many times he died--killed by you bastards--because he was trying to protect us!?!

"Take off his face. You don't deserve to wear it."

DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Shakes, Tantivy)
"And you look amazing too."

Cacophony smiled at the compliment. "Y-you weren't hurt, were you?" She moved in closer to Taheka and put a hand on his chest. "Is anything bruised?

"Aching?"

EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Fluxx looked over the docking bay. Maybe there was some sort of sensor in the ship that told the Armada who was aboard the vessel. Maybe they tracked their trajectory to arrive here as they arrived. "Gentlemen, you know ze situation as well as I, are you willing to continue?"

Ion shrugged. "I got no place else to go," he said. "Seriously, I'm in it... I'm pretty useless, sure, but... I'm committed."

"Yeah, just... what are we going to do about them?" Cooker pointed to the out-cold but still alive four Armada members. "Think we should call in to the others?"

"If they haven't run into the same sort of trouble," Ion said. "These guys had an army, right? Why only send four unless they sent groups after the others."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 11
Cnd: Angry

Otso slammed his paws into the impostor to pin him against the wall. The reasoning came almost as an after-thought, behind the instinct. The sound being off made him think of holograms, but the smell? He'd been able to trust his nose, always, the thought of not being able to trust that unique sense of his felt terrifying, somewhere beneath the seething anger bubbling to the surface.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Cacophony wrote: Cacophony smiled at the compliment. "Y-you weren't hurt, were you?" She moved in closer to Taheka and put a hand on his chest. "Is anything bruised?

"Aching?"
The way his heart was pounding Tamati was sure the young woman in front of him could feel it when she put her hand on his chest, taking Cacophony's hand gently in one of his own Tamati smiled

"I am fine .. .really you don't .."

Yet all he could see in front of him was Cacophony's face and those big beautiful eyes

Giving into instinct Tamati turned his head slightly to kiss Cacophony while his other hand pulled her in close against him.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3 (-1 for re-roll)
Prestige thrust his pinky finger out on his left hand and began to move it in a small circle—counterclockwise—while he slashed upward with his right hand. “Sispom mernu,” he said.

Greystone felt something brush against his feet. Looking down, he saw snakes streaming past him, making their way out into the hallway.

“Egah!” Key exclaimed. The sight of the snakes making their way towards them left him recoiling in horror. He flicked a hand at them, opening a portal under the ice blocks Shiver had made for him. He sent them through a portal loop to accelerate them before dropping it down onto some of the snakes. Though he’d managed to take out several of them, some had managed to escape the fate their brothers shared.
Jack didn't worry about the snakes going past him, figuring that the others would deal with them since the snakes didn't seem interested in him. The American realized that Prestige was the same kind of mage that Joan Oakfor was, that he could keep pulling random animals out of thin air. That was in addition to his powers.

In other words: Jack needed to put this guy down, and fast. As he drew a hand back the teen made an alteration to his fist; dozens of tiny, poison-filled barbs formed.

OOC:
Going to alter Jack's altered traits;

Shapeshift Set Up [11/35 pts]:
Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
Poison Barbs [8 pts]: Drain Constitution 8 (Feat: Slow Fade 5 [20 minutes], Subtle)

Jack's attack: _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11, uhmmmmm no, gonna spend an HP to re-roll that.

Jack's re-rolled attack: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15, so with the re-roll bonus for under 10 that'll be a 25 total.

So, assuming that hits it'll be a Fortitude DC 18 for Prestige.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!