New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal
Ursa wrote: Otso crunched his face in thought. "Didn't he say something about the Drifter and the Aurelius showing up? We should ask her, assuming there isn't a headache-inducing timetravel reason why us finding that out wouldn't work."
"What she travels through time as well?" Tamati was starting to feel the same headache coming on that he seemed to get trying to do algebra "Yeah she did say she had no control over where it took her. But I still think there must be a redial or history button on it."
Ursa wrote: He made a face as he remembered Robyn, or Puck as she'd turned out to be named, had caused trouble when they hunted Three. "I guess you had better interactions with Robyn than I did. But yeah, I guess she had better moments at times. You know, except for the whole "drug half the school part"."
"Part of me can see why she thought that was funny but infecting everyone in the cafe, that was over the top."

Imago wrote: "Robyn is a trickster." Dennis said as he caught up to the others. "While she is benevolent and I think really did plan everything out to help us - well, starting trouble to solve trouble is a motif of theirs. I forgot that."
"So wants to help but needs to make the biggest scene possible, guess it makes it hard for people to pretend nothing ever happen ... I wondder what else she has got planned .."

The yell caught Tamati's attention stopping him in mid sentence
Imago wrote: "And now something else has gone wrong." Dennis summarized, before running.
"That wasn't Robyn was it .. " then Tamati realised it was a male's voice yelling out and started to run after Dennis already changing into his watery form.

OOC wrote: Wow things have moved quickly :D
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Current and Greystone; NPCs: Eiron, Martin)
It felt like forever: Lex unleashed the totality of his Neo-Sapien abilities from his fingertips and struck his target true. All of the rage and desperation and terror and frustration and determination he had packed into the assault did the job: the other Martin exploded backwards, leaving only a blackened stain on the floor where he had once stood.

Jack and Buddy’s eyes moved from the burned spot where Martin had been standing to the wall he slammed into, collapsed into a heap on the floor. The threat was down, but had he been bluffing about the Black Plague, or had he actually infected the area?

As they puzzled over it, the doors opened behind them. The headmaster and his daughter entered. Newton looked at the unconscious Martin and took a deep breath. “Anne,” he said firmly, “activate Curie Protocol. Mousetrap-whisper-green-lactose-pearl.”

Anne’s body opened, but unlike anyway any of the boys had seen before: whenever Anne entered combat, the panels in her arm opened, revealing the lenses that made up her light cannon. This time, her face and torso unfolded. A green hue emanated from within. She approached Martin and knelt beside him, letting her body engulf him. Soon, Anne had transformed herself into a cylinder... a radioactive cylinder.

Newton moved to the door to the Wreck Room and quickly locked the doors—just as Violet, Tamati, Dennis, Otso, Herta, and Tatjana arrived at it. “Sorry,” he said through the small window, “the area may be contaminated. No one in or out of the area until our Martin can check it out.”

This universe’s Martin made his way through the crowd gathering and through the door. It took him only a few moments to conclude that Jack was right: his doppelgänger had been bluffing about the plague cloud.

With his assurance that the area was safe, Newton opened the doors, letting everyone into the hall. “Anne can keep Martin contained,” Newton said, “but if the theory on the Astrolabe is correct, we’ll need his cooperation to resolve some sort of emergency here. Any suggestions on how to accomplish that?”
I trust no one will mind if I just... expedite this scene a smidge.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx looked at the Voltaic Guitarist, impressed and a bit awed.

"'Is demeanor suggests 'e will not be cooperative as long as 'e considers 'imself a superior being to everyone around 'im." he says with some regret.

"'Ave Durendahl take 'is powers. If zose are what we need zen zey will be wiz someone more... agreeable. If eet ees 'is knowledge we need zen 'is lack of controllable powers will mare 'im more cooperative. Eef ze powers are like mine it takes a degree of medical and chemical knowledge and exposure to be truly deadly. Eet ees unlikely Durendahl will possess zat degree of control initially which will make 'er easier to treat wiz. And eef eet is ze combination of Martin's knowledge AND powers, we will just 'ave to cross zat bridge eef eet comes. Furzer..." Fluxx swallows reflexively, the next words hard.

"...If we go zis route and Durendahl shows a degree of trustworziness wiz ze powers, let us consider letting 'er retain zem. Zis Martin 'as shown supremem untrustworziness wiz zem."
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"Well, aside from the question as to why this Martin has suddenly decided to be a threat," Dennis stated, wondering what the hell had indeed brought this all about, "isn't Durendal in custody, and there is an issue that you," he looked at their Martin, "wanted our help with which may or may not be the emergency in question? I don't think we have the time, do we?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Actually, ze people who wanted our 'elp ARE ze people 'oo 'ave 'er in custody. I'm sure we can get zings expedited if we go zis route." Fluxx says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"I don't know what he did either but getting rid of this Martin has to be more important than anything else. You heard what he did in his home dimension." Violet fidgeted with her uniform, trying to get everything straightened out.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

"Yeah admitting to turning the bad guy into a God doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that this other Martin will be making good choices."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Durendahl is a power stealer capable of sensing powers over a great distance and copying zem wiz a touch. Ze catch was zat zose she copied from could no longer control zeir powers. She 'ates ze French Mafia to such a degree zat she copied ze powers from several teens and pre-teens, including students from zis school in order to disrupt zeir operations. She acted as a 'ero and symbol for France, disguised as a muscular male - we do not know 'oo she copied zat power from. She was, by all accounts, a model and forzright individual while operating as a 'ero, but 'er mezod of acquiring ze powers she used was abhorrent and disrupted lives. Several from zis school confronted 'er publically and forced 'er to relinquish 'er powers. At 'er trial she justified 'er actions zat ze good she did as a 'ero was greater zan ze trouble she caused." Martin shrugs a shoulder. "She caused great pain but saved many lives and stopped much crime."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Armorer, Backlash, Cacophony, Candyman, Capacitor, the Drifter, Eiron, Fach, Felsic, Fiore, Gae’bolg, Hubris, Kiln, Larrikin, Magnitude, Manticore, Martin, Maze, Mezzanine, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck, Rheid, Singularity, Tantivy, Thorn, Vestige)
Newton grimaced. “First this Martin, now Durendal... It seems that each new wrinkle is just one more person who puts the students here at risk. Anne can keep Martin contained indefinitely, but the longer she does so, I fear he’ll be less inclined to cooperate. I have a contact inside the French government. I’ll see if they can-”

“They may be a bit preoccupied,” said Fisher as she entered the room. Whereas Newton couldn’t bring himself to look Fluxx in the eye, hers were deadset on Shiver. “Étienne Brisbois, the French Minister of the Interior, was just assassinated on live television by a Neo-Sapien.”

“Please tell me if wasn’t one of our rogues,” groaned Magnitude.

“In a manner of speaking,” said the headmistress. “It appears it was Violet Lear... or rather, an older version of herself. Given the entrance she made and her choice in attire, I’m going to presume it to be Black Ice, the woman you dealt with aboard the Elpis.”

Black Ice was many things: criminal, psychopath, Neo-Sapien, immortal, refuge... Only one thing mattered to Violet:, however she was the woman who killed Eve Robbins...
Hero point to Violet.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

Otso bristled at the mention of Durendal.
"If you plan on using Durendal for this, I suggest having Anne on standby. From previous power-thefts it's hard to say whether this Martin would turn into an inert puddle or start spewing medical concoctions like some mythical faunt of healing and disease."

"Either way, sounds like we're going to France."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal

When Malevolent-Martin went down Lex slowly closed his hands into fists, and locked down the electricity. As Anne locked down the doppleganger he walked over to the corner, sits down against the wall and hangs his head in his hands.

And waits for his hands to stop shaking.
Michuru wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:44 pm “but if the theory on the Astrolabe is correct, we’ll need his cooperation to resolve some sort of emergency here. Any suggestions on how to accomplish that?”
"You sure it didn't just bring him here to solve their problem, instead of ours?" Lex asks.
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:09 pm "She caused great pain but saved many lives and stopped much crime."
"She left a teenage girl to fly off to her death because she wanted their powers," Lex mutters finally looking up, though not quite bringing himself to look at Real Martin, "She might have done some good things, but this is a woman who puts her agenda over everything else. People just got lucky her crusade happened to benefit them."

He grunts, "This time."
Michuru wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:20 am Anne can keep Martin contained indefinitely, but the longer she does so, I fear he’ll be less inclined to cooperate.
"Pretty sure that ship sailed. Off the side of a cliff. Then crashed. And burned." he sighs, looking exhausted, and hangs his head again, "You're welcome."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 2->3

"No." Violet wobbled on her feet. "She's dead. The Elpis is gone. It can't be." She looked around for support.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx
Arkrite wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:16 am "She left a teenage girl to fly off to her death because she wanted their powers," Lex mutters finally looking up, though not quite bringing himself to look at Real Martin, "She might have done some good things, but this is a woman who puts her agenda over everything else. People just got lucky her crusade happened to benefit them."

"Pretty sure that ship sailed. Off the side of a cliff. Then crashed. And burned." he sighs, looking exhausted, and hangs his head again, "You're welcome."
"Lex, you were remarkably 'elpful in taking down Martin. Telling us zat all our options are bad ones, which we know, wizout offering alternatives is less 'elpful." Fluxx says sardonically.

"To persuade someone to assist we need somezing zey want. Martin wants to express 'is 'God Complex' by remaking ze world to 'is concept of 'perfection'. Durendahl wants to stop crime and protect ze people of France. We do not know what aspect of zis Martin ze Astrolabe zinks we need, but getting Martin's powers out of 'is control is, I zink, a good way to start. Shall I make ze call and zen we can see what we can do for France?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:28 pm "Lex, you were remarkably 'elpful in taking down Martin. Telling us zat all our options are bad ones, which we know, wizout offering alternatives is less 'elpful." Fluxx says sardonically.
Lex flinches at the first part of that then growls, "It ain't about good or bad. It's about keeping your eyes open, because she is going to do terrible things and we're probably her first targets. And she's going to be feeling self righteous and justified, so she probably won't feel bad about stealing our powers, screwing us over or getting us killed."

"Maybe we get lucky and she waits until France is saved. Maybe she doesn't."

"So watch your back."

He grimaces, "You want my alternative? I say we just do it ourselves. We have a teleporter, right? So we find the bombs, we teleport them out to a desert."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3
Shock wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 pm Violet Lear
HP: 2->3

"No." Violet wobbled on her feet. "She's dead. The Elpis is gone. It can't be." She looked around for support.
"Not everyone in the Armada was accounted for Violet. We didn't exactly get a full crew list." Dennis told her, though sympathetic. "Could be she got picked up by another escapee who healed her. Could be she wasn't quite dead and got away on her own. Could be something else entirely."

Like that she was an Aesir.

As for the two bickering on the side, Dennis turned to them with more exasperation. "The question is this: can you ensure Durendal releases the power she would take from other Martin when it's time? If not, then let's not take that risk."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe