New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"Think we're supposed to narrate what we're doing too?" Lex asks Steven as he gets ready to punch another hole in the wall, "You know what? Now I'm curious to know what his plan was if we said no..."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 3
Cnd: Ready

"I'd recognize that snark anywhere."

Otso moved to lift the cement block off the lid and open the tank.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6
Arkrite wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 am Alex "Current" Murphy

"Think we're supposed to narrate what we're doing too?" Lex asks Steven as he gets ready to punch another hole in the wall, "You know what? Now I'm curious to know what his plan was if we said no..."
"Oh, I'd probably conclude that: your voice, but not here, you're dead and ghosts. And wonder what we were going to put on the gravestones. Names, dates of birth and death, sure. Beloved Son, kinda iffy, all recent things considered. Beloved Brother, yeah, anyone with the slightest acquaintance with you two would laugh. Beloved Friend, well, I know you're friends with Martin, Lex. Steven... please."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Welp, at least somebody will miss us," Lex says cheerfully without missing a beat, driving the belt buckle into the wall again.
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4

Jack had kept quiet once his group had gone into the building even though he had no doubt that Imago's illusions were keeping them concealed better than any stealthy effort the group could produce. His silence continued once they'd found Lex and his brother, since the two Americans weren't what anyone would consider close and Otso was handling freeing the Murphys Jack felt it best to focus his efforts on keeping an eye out for stray members of Crux who might be wondering about.

Though, Lex and Imago's chattering made it difficult for Jack to concentrate.

OOC wrote:Jack will be using the following power sets;
-Sensitive Nose [4 pts]: Super-Senses 4 [Olfactory (Analytical, Extended, Tracking Scent 2)]
-Sonar: Super-Senses 3 [Ultra-Hearing (Accurate)]

And here's a Notice Check: _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11…..well that's great.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6
Arkrite wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:07 am Alex "Current" Murphy

"Welp, at least somebody will miss us," Lex says cheerfully without missing a beat, driving the belt buckle into the wall again.
"That's right. Beloved Boyfriend for Lex. Kirstie's fine, by the way. Repelled the truck but it took a lot out of her." Imago replied, as if the point of Lex's barb had gone over his head.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex slammed the belt buckle into the metal wall as hard as he could with his bare hand.

"Well, I'm sure the racists in the building will be happy to know that I don't have to kill the lot of them," Lex scowls, "I'm sure that'll make them happy while they're holding what's left of their knees."

"So, you, like, here for a reason?"
Lex asks, "I get why Otso is here. Beatrice. Beatrice is here because you needed her power and she's just too plain nice to say no. Those pretty goth duds aren't fooling anybody there."

Beatrice was a guess, but she would be the first person he'd bother if he needed to find somebody, and no way would Otso let her go alone if he could go with her.

"But you? Man, I don't even know you," Lex says, "And you sure as hell ain't her for my brother. So what kind of stupid nonsense are you up to this time?"
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

DISTRACTION (Martin)
<”Henry! My God, those freaks really did a number on you!”>

Henry. Martin remembered a Henry from Wolf’s phone. It hadn’t seemed consequential, but now he was beginning to tie things together… <“‘E here?”> he asked. <“‘L kill ‘m.”>

The man’s face slip from a grin. <“Let’s go.”>

THE TANK (Dennis, Jack, Lex, Otso; NPCs: Beatrice and Stephen)
“Kirstie’s fine, by the way. Repelled the truck, but it took a lot out of her.”

Lex could have sworn he heard Stephen breathe a sigh of relief. It must have been his imagination. “Well, I’m sure the racists in the building will be happy to know that I don’t have to kill the lot of them. I’m sure that’ll make them happy while they’re holding what’s left of their knees.” As Lex continued to chip away at the plastic, Ursa transformed and slashed a hole in the side of the tank with his claws.

“So, you like… here for a reason?” Lex asked Dennis as he slipped through the gash. “I get why Otso is here. Beatrice… Beatrice is here because you needed her power and she’s just too plain nice to say no. Those pretty goth duds aren’t fooling anybody here.”

He tossed a look to Jack, but didn’t say anything. Instead, he just looked to Dennis. “But you? Man, I don’t even know you… and you sure as hell ain’t here for my brother. So what kind of stupid nonsense are you up to this time?”

Before he could answer, Jack began waving his hands over his head. As soon as he had their attention, he put a finger to his mouth—signaling that they should be quiet. Then he pointed to the door.

Lex looked back to the tank. With the way Otso had opened it, there was no hiding this. As he began to charge up, Beatrice threw up an arm to stop him. “Dennis can cloak us,” she said. “He can make it so zey do not see us.”

Sure enough, when a few members of Crux came into the room, they didn’t seem to notice the gaggle of superhuman teens in the room—just the ruined water tank.

<“Son of a bitch! They escaped!”>

There was something familiar about one of the men in the group—the one covered in bruises, with an eye swollen shut. Lex recognized him from Wolf’s house: he was one of the men in the van…

As the rage bubbled up inside of him, he kept his cool. Beatrice told him that they were invisible, and he believed her.

His brother was another story altogether…

Stephen let out a snarl and grabbed a broom. He charged for the Crux and swung the broom into the neck of one of them.

THE TANK (Martin; NPCs: Crux x2)
“Henry” was led through the warehouse, into a loading bay in the back. There, they found a large water tank with a gash in the side. <“Son of a bitch!”> his guide snapped. <“They’ve escaped!”>

As one of them ran off to alert the others, the other took out his cell phone. As he cycled through his contacts, something hit him and knocked the phone out of his hands. Something hit him in the stomach—he doubled over. <“The hell is going on!?!”> he roared.

THE ROOF (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Kas, Robyn)
“I’m wondering how we’re going to extract anyone while sitting on the roof.” Violet gave Robyn a sidelong look. “I’m also wondering how you’re going to explain to Lex that you sent him off to be taken by Crux and how that’s different from his mom feeding Crux data so they can do the same thing to other Neos.”

“Hard to extract them if we don’t know where they are,” Robyn said. “Once Den-Den and the others locate the Murphys, we can move in. And it’s different because we’re not castrating anyone.”

That idea left Tamati slightly uncomfortable, and in dire need of a change of subject. “So, you are really a dude then, Robyn?” Suddenly, he seemed to realize he may have been too blunt. “That’s cool.”

Robyn shrugged. “I’m not a boy or a girl,” Robyn said. “I was never even born, if you want to get technical. A mage imbued his shadow with sentience. That’s what I am.”

The fey took a deep breath and then turned to take in the trio. “I know you all think I’m toying with you all, but it’s different. The Aurelius sent me here to protect you all, and that’s exactly what I’m doing. This school has too many enemies, and most of them are inside. We have to get rid of the venom…”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
Lex looked back to the tank. With the way Otso had opened it, there was no hiding this. As he began to charge up, Beatrice threw up an arm to stop him. “Dennis can cloak us,” she said. “He can make it so zey do not see us.”

Sure enough, when a few members of Crux came into the room, they didn’t seem to notice the gaggle of superhuman teens in the room—just the ruined water tank.

<“Son of a bitch! They escaped!”>

There was something familiar about one of the men in the group—the one covered in bruises, with an eye swollen shut. Lex recognized him from Wolf’s house: he was one of the men in the van…

As the rage bubbled up inside of him, he kept his cool. Beatrice told him that they were invisible, and he believed her.

His brother was another story altogether…

Stephen let out a snarl and grabbed a broom. He charged for the Crux and swung the broom into the neck of one of them.
"Well $%&!." Jack swore as the younger Murphy ruined the group's efforts at stealth, it was like watching Alex except no electricity. With a thought the tattooed teen's muscles tripled in size and he moved to finish off Steven's chosen opponent.

OOC wrote:So yeah, just gonna punch problems here (as usual, :D ).
Jack's Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27, so Toughness DC 23 for the Crux punching bag.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Impossible save for the minion, so he's out cold. The other guy already left for backup. The only other "bad guy" here is Martin in disguise.

Also, I neglected to mention that I did up the Villain Points. I'm tracking them in my signature, for anyone who has signatures turned off. You're all currently at 4. Not that you should have any reason to use them with what little is left this session. :-p
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]

As the man went down Jack turned his attention towards the bruised fellow he knew was Martin, then over to Imago. "Now's our chance to get the hell outta here, include Fluxx in our cover and let's go." Jack glanced over at the youngest Murphy. "Unless you want another chance to screw up our escape."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

INSIDE (Dennis, Jack, Lex, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Beatrice and Stephen)
Stephen rolled his eyes. "Whatever, speeb."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1
Condition: Fatigued

"Venom? Ain't you gotta suck that out?" Violet snickered.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OUTSIDE (Tamati and Violet; NPCs: Kas and Robyn)
"That's what we're doing now," Robyn said. "I could have just told Newton that Murphy and Wetl were moles, but then what? Oh, they would be investigated, but... well, think about it: how many months have they been at this without getting caught? They're covering their tracks well. Suspicions would be raised, but that's really about it. This way will get a few convictions... and not just from them.

"Think about it: if I hadn't nudged everyone in the right direction, Wolf would be at home, obeying the orders of his house arrest. Instead, he's probably somewhere inside this building, trying to figure a way out of the country. But hey, it's not like he has any sort of connections that could smuggle a person out of Austria, right?"

Violet knew exactly what Robyn was getting at: Wolf had worked for someone who made a living selling young women as sex workers. They had his phone, yes, but if he could contact them, it was possible that Wolf might escape his part in all of this. If he escaped, would he be dumb enough to come after them again? What about Jakob and Mat? Were they safe?

"Lex wouldn't understand, but you're much brighter, aren't you, Violet? You see how this is all taking shape, right? The way it's worked out, you have the ability to take care of several loose ends right here and now. But what good are we up here on the roof? Hmm..." Robyn put a hand over her eyes and looked out over the parking lot below. "Speaking of sucking, isn't that Wolf there? Climbing into that SUV?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
Stephen rolled his eyes. "Whatever, speeb."
"I'll assume that's Stephen speak for "Sure, I'll be a good little asshole.", and we can get our collective asses moving."