New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet wasn't thrilled with bringing the murderer to her house but she couldn't think of a better place. And anyway, what could he do while tied up and gagged. She also made sure to blindfold him since he could suffocate someone with just a look. Once they were home, she dialed her father. She'd shown Abe a picture of the garden outside so that they wouldn't set off any of the home's security system.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

Otso bit his lip, looking from the phone to Jack and Ellen. She had voluntereed her powers but the Finn still wasn't comfortable making that choice for the others. They had something to go on, maybe they could buy enough time for Dennis and Robyn to find out more.

"Like I said, I can't make that call for my teammates. Give us a minute to talk it over?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

"Nice place" Tamati commented looking round the garden feeling better that they were a long way away from the other teen's house.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
Robyn approached the front desk and smiled. "¡Hola! Definitivamente soy Cruzado. Este es Kiln, que no es tan útil. Estamos honrando a su humilde estación de policía porque un hombre que no está del todo bien en la cabeza secuestró a una mujer por tener la audacia de dar a luz a un conserje. ¿Podemos pedir prestado sus cámaras de tráfico? Seré tu mejor amigo."

The mustachioed man behind the desk looked from her, to Kiln, then back to Crusader. "Si," he said with a shrug before slowly getting out of his chair to lead them to where they could access the traffic cams.
For posterity, Robyn said, "Hello! I am definitely Crusader. This is Kiln, who is not as useful. We are gracing your humble police station because a man who is not quite right in the head kidnapped a woman for having the audacity to give birth to a janitor. May we please borrow your traffic cameras? I'll be your best friend."

Then the officer said, "Yes."
OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
"I'll call back in one minute," 3 said before hanging up.

Otso looked to Jack and Ellen.

SHREWSBURY, 2:20AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
"Great," Herta said, "we're here. You want to go get your dad? Make sure we don't come in and chip the China?"

Once Violet headed off to alert her father to their situation, Shelby looked at the slender girl oddly. "What is your major malfunction?" she asked. "I'll own up to not knowing you well, but every mission I have ever been on with you, you are a horrible little girl who bites the head off of whoever dares to talk to her."

Herta rolled her eyes at Shelby. "Some of us didn't exactly have this kind of posh upbringing, loving parents, or-"

"I grew up in a dimension where I was essentially an endangered species. My parents were killed when I was little." She pointed to Tamati. "He watched one of his best-friends get murdered, then found out he might never see his family or friends ever again." She pointed to Abe. "His planet was wiped out. None of us are assholes to everyone we meet, though... so it can't be 'Oh, bad stuff happened to me.' Everyone here had bad stuff that happened to them, Herta. The difference is, we don't let it define us. We let it inspire us to be better.

"You owe Violet an apology when she comes back. You are going to tell her that you are sorry for how you spoke to her and you are going to mean it, or so help me..."

"You'll what?" asked Herta, staring her down.

"You may be able to outrun me, but you have to sleep at some point, darling. The second you do, I will find you. I will sneak up on you. I have my mother's powers, so I can dampen sound. You'll never hear me coming, Herta. The second you realize I'm there, it will be too late."

Herta continued to glare at Shelby. "You're really terrible at threatening people."

"Well, I had a horrible childhood."

VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
"Go!"

The door opened and Lex shot into the receiving area, rounded the corner, and came into the butcher's shop. There, a man stood at a meat grinder. Maybe it was the energy Lex gave off that gave them away; maybe it was their sudden movement out of the corner of his eye.

He looked to be a few years older than they were. His chin sported a small tuft of hair. He had dusky skin and long, dark curls. He was tall and muscular, wearing a dingy T-shirt and jeans under the blood-spattered apron. Clunky work boots adorned his feet. The man looked up from what he was doing, turned ninety degrees, and raised his hands to the sky. "Hola," he said. "No tengo mucho dinero, pero es tuyo. Solo... por favor no me lastimes."

Slowly, he reached for his back pocket, all the while keeping his other hand visible.

"Mi nombre es Domingo. Por favor. Tengo una esposa. Ella está embarazada. Solo toma mi billetera y vete."
Translation: "Hello. I don't have much money, but it's yours. Just... please don't hurt me.

"My name is Domingo. Please. I have a wife. She's pregnant. Just take my wallet and go."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin detached in an instant and formed between the man and Lex, further into the room. He breaths in and tries to sort the meat smell from the scent of the man from the scent of everything else around them. At a glance he takes in the man and the situation.
Perception: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24
Does this man's scent match the assailants? How about the scent of the meat? And what WAS he doing?
investigation: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

"Stop!" he said flat hand showing in a universal sign for halting.

"Lex, tell him that we've tracked a criminal here. To ensure his safety we need his cooperation."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:03 pm "Current, remember what 'appened when we confronted Xun, zat is a possibility as well, we'll need to retask you in zat event."
"@$*# me," Lex mutters as his face twists in disgust at the thought of fighting another one of those giant flaming monsters.

The sudden growth of muscles was far more disconcerting than he expected. He suddenly felt heavy, slow and clumsy. In a sudden flash of hindsight he looked down at his feet, worried that he'd destroyed his shoes. Thankfully what little foot muscles he had didn't expand into a hulk like shoe explosion.

He shifted uncomfortably, flexing an arm, then noting how badly his t-shirt had held up. Should have ditched the shirt. And taken a selfie, Kirstie would have liked that. But it just wasn't the time for that kind of stuff.

Which only got slight worse when Martin made himself into an X-harness. Now all Lex could think about was making an plasma sword and declaring that "I HAVE THE POWER!"

But again, not the time for that nonsense. Buddy and Rusty's Dad could be in danger, and screwing around during that would be unforgivable.

When Martin gave the go signal Lex lurched forward, grimacing as he tried to find his balance, and trying to counterbalance the loss of speed from his suddenly giant muscles. To anybody else he likely looked as fast as normal, but it ate at him.

Upon entry fixed a look on the only person visible, noting the hand movement as the man started talking.

"Mantenga esas manos donde podamos verlas. No queremos su dinero, estamos buscando un secuestrador,"1 Lex says quickly in a no nonsense tone.
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 pm"Lex, tell him that we've tracked a criminal here. To ensure his safety we need his cooperation."

"No estamos interesados ​​en lastimar a nadie. Así que mantén la calma y no hagas nada loco y puedes volver con tu esposa embarazada," 2 Lex intones, then asks, "Estamos buscando al secuestrador o al hombre que secuestró. ¿Has visto a alguien más venir aquí en las últimas horas?"3

"Guy claims to be Domingo, thinks we're robbing him, and wants to go back to his totally real and completely not fake pregnant wife,"
Lex deadpans, then in a more serious tone asks Martin, "You want I should search the place? We can question him after we've checked the place."
OOC:
1 Keep those hands where we can see them. We do not want your money, we're looking for a kidnapper.

2 We are not interested in hurting anyone. So stay calm and do not do anything crazy and you can go back to your pregnant wife.

3 We're looking for the kidnapper or the man he kidnapped. Have you seen anyone else come here in the couple last hours?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet mentally face-palmed when she remembered that her father normally set his phone vibrate when he slept and just didn't hear it. Now she'd have to sneak in and wake him, preferably without disturbing Queen Mary. With any luck, Dad had had a snoring fit and had been banished to a separate room.

Violet went in the side door, disabling the alarm system as she did. A minute later, she was sneaking into her parents' room, hoping to avert disaster.
Stealth check: 1d20+5 12
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

At first Tamati thought Shelby was trying to make conversation with Herta but it quickly turned into a "you need to ship up" message and it was a very easy decision for Tamati to make to not get into the middle between the two girls.

Catching Abe's eye they both took a step or two back from the scene in front of them.
Herta continued to glare at Shelby. "You're really terrible at threatening people."

"Well, I had a horrible childhood.
Tamati couldn't help it he giggled quickly turning it into a small cough.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 2

Jack brought up his forearm so Otso & Ellen could both see the letters he was forming on it.

Trace your fingers on my arm & I'll 'print' what you write. There might be more mics around. After a moment that message faded away and was replaced with more. Tell him I can take on the traits of dogs, 3 might have mini-cameras here to.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa

Otso traced a quick reply on Jack's arm. Okay. Do we hope it's enough or bring in the others?
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Dennis kept a straight face, but something told him Robyn was not exactly taking this entirely seriously, if past behavior showed anything. Regardless, they seemed to be getting access, so they would try and find the ones that were around the area of Mother Rodriguez's house and the hours when she preceding the phone call Toro received.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

[color=#5e6b7bGreystone:[/color]
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 2
Otso traced a quick reply on Jack's arm. Okay. Do we hope it's enough or bring in the others?
Doubt he'll go for everything with only us. But play up you can't talk for them. I'll offer up more personal info if it would help.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa

Otso nodded, pulling out the phone again. He called the number Three had used before, putting the call on speaker again. "Alright Three, Jack's willing to share. He has the ability to take on the traits of dogs. Makes him a good tracker which is why he came here. Now how about that address?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
Dennis sat down behind the computer and found the feed for the nearest traffic camera. It was down the street at the nearest intersection, but the house was somewhat visible in the background. He watched the video for any movement, fast-forwarding through most of it until he had it: a car backing into the driveway...

For hours the car sat there until finally a shape climbed back in and proceeded to drive off. With the time stamp, Dennis began scouring any other available traffic cameras in the area. There wasn't one at the other end of the street--where the car had headed--but there was one a few blocks over. Watching close to the time of departure, Dennis found the car and got a better look at it. Armed with the make and model and plate number, he had Robyn pass the info to the police to do a search. He continued to follow the car as best he could.

One of the officers returned and spoke to Robyn. "The plate doesn't match the vehicle," she told him, "but it was reporting missing, as was a car matching that description."

3 stole a car and switched the plates from another, Dennis realized. He watched as the car came to a stop outside a building. He got out of the car and left it there. Was it really so simple? Was the missing woman just in the trunk of a car parked on a street somewhere?

Dennis had the street name: Plaza Trascorrales.

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
Ellen reached out and ran her finger over her boyfriend's arm. She smiled for a fraction of a second--touching him did that to her--but then quickly remembered where they were and what was at stake. "I don't think there is any hiding D+R's abilities," she wrote, "we discussed their plan before they left."

SHREWSBURY, 2:20AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
Violet woke her father and motioned for him to follow her. As he slipped into his robe and slippers, Violet noticed his suitcase stood by the door. He was going on a trip, she realized. In the dim light of the moon piercing through the window, she saw a Dutch passport resting on the table, laying atop a boarding pass: Arthur Bakker was flying out of Heathrow tomorrow, bound for Esenboğa International Airport.

A fake passport and a fake name? Was her father back in the spy business?

The man put a hand on her shoulder and nodded his head towards the open door. The pair slipped out, descending down to the main level and out into the garden. There, she found her teammates standing in uncomfortable silence.

Shelby cleared her throat and Herta rolled her eyes. "Violet," she said, rubbing her arm and avoiding eye contact, "I am sorry for how I spoke to you. It was uncalled for and it was no way to speak to... a friend..."
Violet's Stealth check goes up by 10 because her mother (the only one she doesn't want to wake up) is asleep. 22 is an impossible roll for her, so... we're good there.
VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
"Go!"

The door opened and Lex shot into the receiving area, rounded the corner, and came into the butcher's shop. There, a man stood at a meat grinder. Maybe it was the energy Lex gave off that gave them away; maybe it was their sudden movement out of the corner of his eye.

He looked to be a few years older than they were. His chin sported a small tuft of hair. He had dusky skin and long, dark curls. He was tall and muscular, wearing a dingy T-shirt and jeans under the blood-spattered apron. Clunky work boots adorned his feet. The man looked up from what he was doing, turned ninety degrees, and raised his hands to the sky. "Hola," he said. "No tengo mucho dinero, pero es tuyo. Solo... por favor no me lastimes."(1)

Slowly, he reached for his back pocket, all the while keeping his other hand visible.

"Stop!" Martin raised a flat hand showing in a universal sign for halting.

"Lo siento," the young man said, "no entiendo."(2)

"Lex, tell him that we've tracked a criminal here. To ensure his safety we need his cooperation."

"Mantenga esas manos donde podamos verlas," Lex said in the man's native tongue. "No estamos interesados ​​en lastimar a nadie."(3)

"Mi nombre es Domingo. Por favor. Tengo una esposa. Ella está embarazada. Solo toma mi billetera y vete."(4)

"No queremos su dinero, estamos buscando un secuestrador. Así que mantén la calma, y ​​no hagas nada loco, y puedes volver con tu esposa embarazada."(5)

Lex looked back to Martin. "Guy claims to be Domingo, thinks we're robbing him, and wants to go back to his totally real and completely not fake pregnant wife," said the teen deadpan. "You want I should search the place? We can question him after we've checked the place."

Martin knew better. He could smell the man. It was the same scent from the car. There was no doubt that he was the attacker. His eyes dashed to the meat. The man they were looking for had been carrying human jerky. Was that Buddy and Rusty's father? It was hard to tell. Most meat lacked a smell. Fresh pork had no scent; it was only when the freshness left it that a sour, ammonia-like scent permeated the air. It was a similar case with chicken. Fresh beef had a faint sulfuric scent attached to it. Venison had a strong smell. Lamb had a gamey scent.

Here, he could rule out beef, venison, lamb... It was too large to be chicken. If it wasn't a pig the man had slaughtered, it was highly likely that he was cutting up a human.

"Estamos buscando al secuestrador o al hombre que secuestró," Lex said. "¿Has visto a alguien más venir aquí en la pareja durante las últimas horas?"(6)

"El hombre de Grecia?" asked Domingo. "Lo he visto. Puedo..." He stumbled--looking like he might faint--but caught himself. "Lo siento, es mi nivel de azúcar en la sangre. ¿Puedo sentarme?" He looked to a chair behind him--just a few steps away. "Me moveré lentamente y mantendré mis manos donde pueda verlas."(7)
1: "Hello. I don't have much money, but it's yours. Just... please don't hurt me."

2: "I'm sorry. I don't understand."

3: "Keep those hands where we can see them. We are not interested in hurting anyone."

4: "My name is Domingo. Please. I have a wife. She's pregnant. Just take my wallet and go."

5: "We do not want your money, we're looking for a kidnapper. So stay calm, and do not do anything crazy, and you can go back to your pregnant wife."

6: "We're looking for the kidnapper or the man he kidnapped. Have you seen anyone else come here in the couple last hours?"

7: "The man from Greece? I have seen him. I can... I'm sorry, it's my blood sugar. May I sit down? I'll move slowly, and keep my hands where you can see them."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin was never one to mince words. "'Im." he says into the comms just before exploding forward trying to cover and bind the man.
HP reroll an 11.
Melee attack: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
if that hits, DC20 Reflex Snare, Engulf. apply Chokehold to cover his nose and mouth. The part that's covering him nose and mouth is the pocket that holds Buddy. It opens up to allow the diminshed Greek boy access to the assailant.

And for when we're out of surprise round:
init: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
"Something pithy this way comes."