New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm VALENCIA, 11:30AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
Beatrice led the New Vindicators to Valencia, Spain. With their forces together once more, the New Vindicators continued their hunt. Here, in one of the country's more populated cities, Beatrice lost the trail: with so much other movement, the trails blurred together--layering on top of one another. Here it was Martin who took the lead: he had their suspect's scent from the car and the bag Kas had found. Starting from the remote spot where Beatrice said he landed, Martin picked up the trail and led them deep into the city.

After almost a half an hour's walk, he stopped at a building. It looked abandoned, but the faded signs announced it as "GARCIA & SON MEAT COMPANY". It was a butcher's shop--one that had not seen use in years, by the looks of it.

The windows were covered with newspaper. The paint was flaking from the brick facade. Weeds were growing through the cracks in the sidewalks.

He caught movement out of the corner of his eye, only for a small, calico cat to meander around the corner. At the sight of the young heroes, the feline approached and began nuzzling itself against Lex's leg.

The Nephilim's scent went around the back and beyond the heavy door they found there. His scent was all over the place. He had come and gone from here numerous times. This had to be his home.

Beatrice tapped Martin on the shoulder and pointed to the electrical meter. Martin saw it moving. Garcia & Son Meat Company was getting electricity.
"Lex, 'ow much power are zey drawing? Are we speaking large machinery levels?" Fluxx asks.

"Fiore and Magnitude, please circle ze building blocking off any entrances wiz plants, including roof access, where possible."

"Vestige, can you enspell ozer people wiz en'anced strengz? If we need to get a 'ostage to safety Lex would be ze logical choice if 'e were strong enough to carry ozers. Buddy, Rusty, if we encounter ze assailant do not open 'ostilities. Recovering your fazer and any ozer 'ostages is our first priority. Getting information is our second." Martin says. "Understood?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Doubling down Tamati maintained his watery hold round Hypoxia's head.
Continuing the Suffocate attack.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"And now I've found someone more cynical than me." Dennis summed up. "In any case, doing it will cause you more trouble than its worth. Let's just focus on finding the crazy Heath Ledger Joker wannabe."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

In order to comply with Martin's request it was best if Kas could perceive the entire structure at once. This was most easily accomplished from the air. Rising into the sky he centered himself over the structure at height of about 40 ft. From here he could get a topographical map of the entire exterior and easily react to any threats. It was probably a good thing for him to be pulling guard duty, since the bulk of the investigative work required senses he didn't possess.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex crouches down to scratch the cat behind the ears as the others close in on the building.

At Fluxx's request he stands and takes a look at the electrical meter before reaching out with his electrical sense to get a feel for what was going on in the building.
OOC: Not sure if Lex would be able to know that information from his craft Electronics skill or if that should be knowledge technology...
Besides the act is a good obfuscation, I don't think Lex has actually told anybody he can sense electricity though Kas and Otso might have caught on after their expedition to the dead world.

Craft Electronics check: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
Notice check for electrical awareness: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 8:30AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
"In any case, doing it will cause you more trouble than its worth."

"Well, it's hard to argue with you," Robyn said. "I mean, you're the being with several centuries of experience behind you, and I'm just some silly little teenager with obvious anger issues. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree."

"Let's just focus on finding the crazy Heath Ledger Joker wannabe."

The rest of the trip was a quiet one. Blissfully, it was a short trip: soon, the car pulled up outside of the police station.

Robyn transformed into Crusader and stepped out of the car, making her way to the front doors.

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
Otso answered the phone, putting it on speaker. "Three."

"I want to talk to Ellen," 3 said.

When the Finnish teen told him he was on speaker, the madman laughed. "Three steps ahead of me, aren't you, Ursa?

"Ellen, Ellen, Ellen... I'm torn. On one hand, you volunteered the information I asked Ursa so nicely for... but on the other, you were so mean about it that I want to make you suffer for talking to me like that. Still, I'm busy playing a game with Ursa. Maybe you can play the winner."

SHREWSBURY, 2:15AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Herta, Shelby)
Joseph ceased to fight against Tamati. His body went limp in his bed.
The Order, Round Two
  • Taheka (14)
  • Shiver (15)
  • Hypoxia (12): Anchored (to the bed), Entangled (-2 Attack/Defense, -4 Dexterity), Helpless (Defense 5, +4 to hit while adjacent), Suffocating (R0; -1 Attack/Defense/Reflex, standard or move action, half normal speed)
Hypoxia - Constitution check - DC 12: 1d20 2 Unconscious. What now?
VALENCIA, 11:30AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
"Fiore and Magnitude, please circle ze building blocking off any entrances wiz plants, including roof access, where possible."

"If I have enough time," said Fiore, "I could try to wrap the whole building in plants. If I block the windows, though, he may know something is up before we want him to. You want that, or...?"

"Vestige, can you enspell ozer people wiz en'anced strengz? If we need to get a 'ostage to safety Lex would be ze logical choice if 'e were strong enough to carry ozers."

"Oui," Beatrice said. "I can cast ze spell on Lex. Ze effects only last for a little over four minutes zough."

Buddy stopped and stared at her strangely. "Only four minutes?"

Beatrice nodded.

"You can literally just make every single one of us buff as hell, and you're dismissing that because it only lasts for about four minutes?"

"About four and a half, to be honest..."

Buddy looked stunned. "I don't understand you."

"I am sorry. Otso 'ad been working wiz me on my English, but we-"

"Can we maybe focus on the guy who was apparently eating people?" asked Rusty.

Beatrice nodded and made her way to Lex. "Excuse me," she said, "zis spell... Well, magic responds to ze will of ze caster. I apparently 'ave some sort of subconscious desire to not look so weak, so... when I cast zis, your body will bulk up. It may rip your clothes."
I'm going to own up to not really knowing a lot about electricity here. I'm not sure if one could rationalize what all could be in use based on their electrical usage. Still, in this case, it won't really effect much game-wise, so I'm down for tossing that info out. Still, I'm open to everyone's opinions on how to handle this in future scenes.

The Nephilim is powering: a walk-in freezer, a dehydrator, phone charger, hot plate, meat slicer, lamp, laptop, fan, coffee maker... Given that he is powering a walk-in freezer, I think at the least, Lex would know that there's a lot of energy being consumed here.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 pm VALENCIA, 11:30AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)

"If I have enough time," said Fiore, "I could try to wrap the whole building in plants. If I block the windows, though, he may know something is up before we want him to. You want that, or...?"

Beatrice nodded and made her way to Lex. "Excuse me," she said, "zis spell... Well, magic responds to ze will of ze caster. I apparently 'ave some sort of subconscious desire to not look so weak, so... when I cast zis, your body will bulk up. It may rip your clothes."
"Just doors for now." Martin elaborates to Fiore. "And if Magnitude spies a roof door do zat as well. Since we are relatively sure we will be wizin a mile of each ozer we can switch to comms for coordination."

He will offer to hold Lex's treasured jacket.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

"Funny thing, I tried being more intimidating. Ain't nobody's afraid of me in spite of what I've pulled off," Lex shrugs off his jacket, "I'm giving up on it. Now, I'm figuring I'll just watch them look really surprised when I kick their ass."

He paused considering what he was going to do with his jacket, and quickly realized that the only two people who wouldn't destroy it or leave it behind were now gone.

"Uh, you mind holding onto this for me?" He said, passing it to Martin.

He paused, then undid his belt buckle, holding up his pants with one hand.

"Not sure what's going on in there to be honest," He shrugged, "Something is eating up power, not enough for like a factory, but something more than just lights is turned on in there."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

It took Violet a moment to relax when the boy stopped struggling. He looked to be about her age, which made sense considering they were part of the same study (sort of). Now, what would they do with him? They hadn't planned that part out very well. Either bringing him back to the school or calling the police both seemed rather unwise. Even calling MI18 might end up terribly, considering who was currently in charge there.

"I'm going to call my Dad. I don't know who else we can trust with this."
Assuming Tamati doesn't object, Violet will dial her father
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

Otso winced at Three's threat to include Ellen in his game. "You got your answer, now give us ours. It's not much of a game if you don't play by the rules you yourself set out." He hoped he could turn the madman's focus back to himself to prevent this mess from spreading any further.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin takes Lex's jacket. He holds it to his chest and the thing sinks in to disappear beneath his flesh and suit. He does not appreciably gain mass. He'll do the same with the pants and 'S' belt buckle if they're offered. He'll nod at Lex's words.

Martin touches the hinges, transforming any rust to a fine graphite powder lubricant to allow the doors to open easily and quietly.

He'll seep through the crack to shear the metal tongue of the closing mechanism so that they don't need to even turn the knob.

"Ready?" he asks nodding for Beatrice to bulk up Lex. "Let me check it out first." Martin presses his face into the hinge side of the door figuring that would less likely be trapped. His face will pinch then his head will flatten and he'll push his eyes and nose through to take a big whiff of the inside of the warehouse and look around.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

Releasing his hands with a sigh of relief Tamati tried not to look at the sleeping boy, he looked so innocent lying there and not like the killer that Violet and Herta had said that he was.
Violet wrote: "I'm going to call my Dad. I don't know who else we can trust with this."
"Shouldn't we get him out of here first just in case. If you send a picture of this room to Abe can he teleport in here with Shelby then teleport all of us somewhere safe. Then call your Dad?" Tamati asked trying to sound calmer than he was feeling.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
"You got your answer, now give us ours. It's not much of a game if you don't play by the rules you yourself set out."

"I got part of an answer," 3 said, "so I'll give you the same: 14. The first part of the address where your janitor's mommy dearest is is 14. If you want what was promised, you have to give me what I asked for: what are Jack, Robyn, and Dennis' powers?"

SHREWSBURY, 2:20AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
Tamati's idea made sense: so long as Abe could visualize a location, he could step there. Taking a picture of the room and sending it to him let him bring the team together. Herta wasted no time in taking a roll of duct tape to bind Joseph's wrists and ankles before applying a strip to his mouth. In the meantime, Violet searched her phone for a picture of her home. Abe could take them to her father far faster than he could get to them.

Soon, Abe had them all step forward--out of Joseph's bedroom and into Violet's back home.

VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
Martin pressed his face through the gap in the door. It was the back entrance, where once upon a time, this butcher's shop accepted deliveries. Broken down boxes littered the floor. A wire shelf sported a hodgepodge of canned comestibles: stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, corn... He noticed a small stack of boxes of Ziplock bags and his mind went to what they had found near the car...

The air was thick with a putrid stench of blood. "Prefiero comer a un hombre que a una mujer," he heard someone in the next room say. "Las hormonas le dan a la carne un sabor más fuerte. Es realmente difícil de describir." The voice was muffled then by the sound of a machine whirring.
Once Martin tells them to be ready, Beatrice will cast the spell on Lex: Boost Strength 9 (Power Feats: Slow Fade 2 [1pp/5 rounds]; Extras: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) It doesn't actually drop a point every five rounds but goes poof at the last one... which is 90 rounds from now.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin withdraws his face quickly. His eyes and mouth scrunch up with disgust at the smell of rotted blood.

"Someone's in zere, speaking spanish." Martin says both to the assembled and over comms. "We don't know yet if it is our assailant or not." He says that last for the benefit of the Greek brothers.

"We go in fast. On ze count of four Fiore block ze windows as much as you can, Rusty pull open ze door, Current, I'll be on your back wiz a shrunken Buddy and you run to ze room on your left where I 'eard ze voice, I'll detach while you grab any immediately zreatened 'ostage and bring zem out 'ere where Rusty will stand guard. Magnitude be prepared to capture any flying suspects trying to escape ze building. Buddy and I will attempt to subdue and capture. Current keep grabbing people and Vestige bulk up and be ready if 'e initially runs zis way if 'e does zen come in and search ze rest of ze building for 'ostages, be prepared for bodies. Everyone, be ready for blasts or area bursts of psychic fire. 'E may even form a blue flaming weapon. Current, remember what 'appened when we confronted Xun, zat is a possibility as well, we'll need to retask you in zat event."
Martin Morphs into an X-harness across Lex's well-muscled chest. The morphogenic training uniform did it's job to cover the American's new girth but it was tight. He formed a pocket for the shrunken Buddy and let me mini-man enter.

Unless he was interrupted, he started the count.

"Four... Zree.... Two.... One... Go!"
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Imago opted for the illusion-fueled appearance of Kiln and followed her, now wondering if his short-term magical teacher's choice of envoy was meant as a challenge in of itself.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe