New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex sighs and pulls out a notebook and pen from his jacket, "Well, at least Randy's okay."

Though he suspected they would be here for another three hours while they tried to decide what to do next. He gave it ten minutes before somebody asked to have their phone charged.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"Incidentally," Imago added as a message to the third team, "Liz is back, and brought another Martin. Apparently, this time our world's the one in danger."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Ready

After it became clear Robor wasn't here, Otso moved to do a cursory first aid check on Randy. Martin could've probably done it better but he was busy being team leader.

"Good to see you're alright Randy, we'll get you home in no time." Otso visibly flinched as the Drifter was dug out of the remains of the room, along with another Martin. He'd done one suicidal reality-saving mission already, he was in no hurry to set off on another. He glanced upwards to where Bea was, with the rest of Alpha team.

Trying to convince his uncle the school was a safe place for him to live was hard enough as it is without adding something like this on top of it. Not that he would've back out from helping rescue a classmate either way.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Eager for some action Tamati flowed through the hole in the wall ready to help rescue another pupil from the school then things went awry.

Recognising the woman in the room "Kia Ora Drifter .. it is good to see you again" Tamati hoped she didn't register the slight pause as he tried to think of the right thing and then he was truck by another thought maybe she could find his home world and take Shelby and him there.

Lost in his own thoughts Tamati missed part of the conversation before hoping he had misheard

"Sorry did you say you're here cause this world is in danger?"
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet stopped by Lex when it was revealed that Randy was OK. "Better to be sure. Robor would kill us all without regret." She pulled out her phone and frowned. "Can you give me a charge?"

"Anyway let's hope this Drifter nonsense isn't a lot of bother. I don't trust her much."
Last edited by Shock on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

CORK, IRELAND (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Armorer, Backlash, Cacophony, Candyman, Capacitor, Eiron, Fach, Felsic, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Larrikin, Magnitude, Manticore, Maze, Parabola, Pict, Puck, Rheid, Sidestep, Singularity, Tantivy, Thorn, Vestige)
“This time, the Astrolabe doesn’t need you to help save another universe: it needs this Martin to save yours.”

Greystone sighed a tired and annoyed sounding sigh. "And lemme guess: you have no clue what other-Martin needs to save us from?"

"Do I ever?" The Drifter sounded equally annoyed. "It is good to see you, though." She looked over those gathered here. "Tamati's here. I guess this is after the Armada. Have you gone back to the Imperial world, yet?"

While the Drifter was focused on catching up with Greystone, Fluxx seemed intrigued by the notion of an alternate version of himself: "Are you an Entier offshoot or 'original-recipe Martin Curie'?" Fluxx asked, sniffing the air. He cast a glance to Jack, hoping the American could pull himself away from the Drifter long enough to use his sight to gleam more information about this other him.

The new Martin looked at the native Martin strangely. “I don’t understand ze words zat are coming out of your mouz. I am very ‘ole, zankyouverymuch.”

“Excuse me,” said Randy from the bed. “If it’s not too much trouble, could someone maybe untie me?”

"Of course," said a chagrined Fluxx says, as he worked to dissolve the restraints. "What name do you go by in ze field, Martin?"

The alien Martin gaze the native one a quizzical look. "I go by 'Martin'," he said matter-of-factly. "Zat is my name, after all."

As Randy sat up, Greystone offered a hand to their lost classmate. The Irish teen stood up, nearly tripped, caught himself, and then shook Greystone's hand. He turned his head, keeping the new Martin from seeing his face as he looked to Fluxx: "He's not like you," he whispered. "He's a Neo-Sapien. How is that possible?"

Fluxx shook his head. This wasn't the time or place, and Jack nodded in understanding. Instead, the French teen spoke into his communicator. “Zird team, Randy is recovered and primary target fled as expected. But all units be advised we ‘ave a Drifter and an older Martin from an alternate dimension.”

"Liz is there?" Magnitude asked excitedly over the communicators.

"Apparently, this time our world's the one in danger," Imago offered.

Sidestep brought the last team to the edge of the house. Unable to see inside, this was as far as he could take them.

"Kia Ora Drifter," said Taheka, "it is good to see you again."

The young woman smiled politely at the displaced teen. "You as well, Tamati. How are things with Shelby?" Almost on cue, Cacophony slipped into the cottage and planted herself next to her boyfriend. "Hello, Shelby. Good to see you again."

Cacophony was ever-direct. "Can you take us to Tamati's world?"

The Drifter frowned. "I'm not exactly in control of the Astrolabe. It doesn't take me where I want to go, but sends me where I need to be."

Fluxx had settled in beside Martin. "At some point I'd love to get ozer details of 'ow our lives diverged," he said. "Like, were you ever a test subject at Patriot Robotics, did you ever meet and possibly modify a vat of experimental goo which gained sentience...? You know, zat sort of zing."

Martin looked horrified. "I am not some sort of science experiment," he insisted defensively. "I am a 'uman being."

Shiver walked up to were Current and Parabola were sitting--outside of the cottage and removed from the reunions unfolding inside. Still, there were within earshot, eavesdropping on the conversations taking place. "Good to see you're alright, Randy," Ursa said. "We'll get you home in no time."

"NO!" Randy objected, reeling back from the Finn and his magus girlfriend. "No, I can't! I can't go back to the school!"

"It's okay, Randy," Magnitude said, stepping away from the Drifter's side, "we can protect you-"

"Ye clearly can't!" Randy shouted. "Look, no offense, but... my da has bested ye every time ye've met! Even if ye somehow managed to beat him, he's careful! He always sends a simulacrum! Even I don't know where his real body is! Look, he will clearly do anything to get to me--including attack the school. How many students there can't protect themselves? If he made a direct assault, what would ye do? How many people will be hurt or worse? If ye take me back to the school, ye'll be putting everyone there in danger!

"I'm thankful ye all came after me--that ye care this much... but I care about ye too! I can't let him do this!"
First off, hero point to Martin for this whole... two Martins thing. I neglected to do that in the initial post.

Hero point to Tamati for the complication that interdimensional travel presents. It might seem like that's something Dennis should get too, but the difference between Tamati and Dennis is one wanted to leave, and one wants to go home.

Hero point to Violet because Randy is involved.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:09 pm CORK, IRELAND (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Armorer, Backlash, Cacophony, Candyman, Capacitor, Eiron, Fach, Felsic, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Larrikin, Magnitude, Manticore, Maze, Parabola, Pict, Puck, Rheid, Sidestep, Singularity, Tantivy, Thorn, Vestige)
Martin looked horrified. "I am not some sort of science experiment," he insisted defensively. "I am a 'uman being."
Fluxx felt like a knife twisted in his gut. *This* was human Martin. *This* was the being that he was a pale reflection of, a caricature, a homunculus. *This* was the man who's 'soul' he'd stolen.

Fluxx forced a smile. "Of course." he said. As he did so he dismissed the black cowl which obscured his features allowing Martin to see his face for the first time.
"It's okay, Randy," Magnitude said, stepping away from the Drifter's side, "we can protect you-"

"Ye clearly can't!" Randy shouted. "Look, no offense, but... my da has bested ye every time ye've met! Even if ye somehow managed to beat him, he's careful! He always sends a simulacrum! Even I don't know where his real body is! Look, he will clearly do anything to get to me--including attack the school. How many students there can't protect themselves? If he made a direct assault, what would ye do? How many people will be hurt or worse? If ye take me back to the school, ye'll be putting everyone there in danger!

"I'm thankful ye all came after me--that ye care this much... but I care about ye too! I can't let him do this!"
"Randy, ze combined might of Faustus' group could not penetrate ze school to any degree even wiz Robor as a member. Robor alone will 'ave no greater luck wiz an assault. As it is stealz and guile zat we must contend wiz, we can take steps to minimize 'is access. I understand ze concerns and ze emotions resulting from being taken, zough. Please come back to school and we discuss ze next steps." Fuxx requests.

HP: 4 (1from start of scene + 2 remaining unspent birthdayHP + one granted above)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

"I've never met his 'da'. And if he's kicked our ass every time we meet how come we're still here and he's the one who's running?" Lex mutters to himself.

"Think that's a new record," Lex shakes his head and takes the phone, jamming his pinky finger against the charging port, "Which Drifter is this one? The pregnant one, or the new one? Because I kind of liked the new one."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 2

"Who knows?" Violet shrugged. "All I know is she brings bad news. Traveling dimensions is always trouble." She took the charged phone back from Lex. "Thanks. Let's go see Randy."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 > 2
Condition: Normal

Drifter wrote: The young woman smiled politely at the displaced teen. "You as well, Tamati. How are things with Shelby?" Almost on cue, Cacophony slipped into the cottage and planted herself next to her boyfriend. "Hello, Shelby. Good to see you again."

Cacophony was ever-direct. "Can you take us to Tamati's world?"

The Drifter frowned. "I'm not exactly in control of the Astrolabe. It doesn't take me where I want to go, but sends me where I need to be."
Reaching out a hand Tamati gave Shelby's hand a squeeze, he couldn't describe how he was actually feeling hearing Shelby say out loud "going home", it was a question he had wanted to ask but over the last month Shelby had found the baby version of herself and her mother in a manner of speaking and Tamati didn't want to upset the new whanau that Shelby had found for herself.

"Oh so there isn't there a redial button on the Astrolabe?"

Then adding his voice to Martin's .... Fluxx's arguement

"Fluxx is right, if you are by yourself then you are at far greater risk even if you mean to keep us safe. But at the school it will be so much harder for you to be targeted and with the rest of us there as well we can all keep an eye out for each other, you know safety in numbers."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

Otso shook his head. "We came to get you because you're one of us Randy, and we don't leave our own behind." He glanced outside towards Lex's group.

"You say you don't want our help, we might as well not have come. But look at us, here we are. You think hiding doesn't work, you're left with two options: running and fighting. If you wanna run, you're gonna have to do that for the rest of your life and he got you once already. If you wanna fight, just you try to stop me from fighting by your side."

"As for finding him: we have who he wants, we set a trap."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Randy hugged himself and closed his eyes tightly. “Ye guys don’t get it... Any tree on campus—any house plant or blade of grass is a spy for him. He can focus on the vegetation at the school and watch us. He’ll wait for our guard to be down and then he’ll teleport there. Well, he won’t... He’ll send a simulacrum. He’ll show up and he’ll attack. He’ll grab the most defenseless student he can and he’ll kill them. Maybe he’ll crush their body or maybe he’ll just rip them in half. He’ll kill them, and then Jack or Martin will show up and stop him... for a bit. He’ll bide his time. He’ll wait. As soon as we’re lulled back into a sense of security, he’ll do it again.

“My da will wage a war of attrition with us. I can prevent that by simply going with him. So long as he can’t find my uncle, I’m safe. He’s been using magic to try and locate him...” Randy motioned to the candles and the arcane circle drawn on the floor. “I’m safe... and that means the school is safe.”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

"And will his patience last forever?" Imago questioned. "What happens if he can't find your uncle at all? Besides, Robor may be used to having the advantage of surprise, but how did we find you, and nearly him? The question will keep him busy for a while."

Puck's role as an informational trump card was being kept to a limited few.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You're talking about the going wiz ze man 'oo chained you to a bed and will get power by sacrificing you in a bizarre ritual as being 'safe'?!" Fluxx asks incredulously.

"Besides, if ze only zing stay 'is 'and is finding your uncle zen 'e will use ze same tactics... send a decoy in, grab a student, zreaten 'im or 'er to get answers from ze school. Your going to 'im prevents nozing and is only a step furzer in 'is plans." Fluxx looks levelly at Randy.

"Look, Greystone can look like you. *I* can look like you. Imago can create simulacrums of you. Once or twice attacking ze wrong target and 'e will be gun-shy about it again. And-Or, Ze Aurelius may 'ave ozer ideas what we can do to protect you from zis mage; maybe even 'elp you develop your own magic potential. Take up service wiz 'im as a 'study abroad' program and I guarantee you'd be protected from ze likes of your fazer. And all zese are just ze ideas I came up wiz now. Give us a few days, more thinkers, brainstorming, and we can come up wiz more."

"But enough about surrendering yourself to an insane international Neo-Sapien mage terrorist 'oo will *only* get stronger by sacrificing you. Cuz I do NOT see zat being a good idea in any multi-verse Earth." Fluxx says definitively.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

"Man," Lex says loudly to himself in a deadpan, "If only there was some what to find him. Some kind of... spell. Some kind of magic spell specifically designed to find an O'Shae."

"Created by a guy who'd know how to defeat the evil O'Shae's ability to hide by magic."

He looks over at Kirstie, "That'd be cool, right? Too bad we don't even know where to start looking for something that."

He softly bangs the back of his head against the building he's sitting against.