New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 pm"Tatajana and I should be on Alpha team. We'll also need to determine if we are going wiz Martin or Durendal. Since Martin 'as already flatly refused to wear a mask or 'ide 'is identity in any way saying 'why should I? I'm a god', if 'e is seen in public zat compromises my secret identity in zis world - even older 'e still looks recognizably like me. But zere are a lot of moving parts to getting ze Promise set up wiz Durendal." Fluxx says uncertainly.
"Which is a concern, if that's our only way to to be sure of Durendal. If something clogs up one part..." Dennis said, skeptical of this idea.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

"To be clear, in my opinion, even if we could not ensure ze 'Promise' wiz Durendal, I would still razer ze powers of Martin being in 'er 'ands zan 'is." Fluxx emphasizes. "Drifter, what did you see of Martin's World when you were zere? What was going on when you convinced Martin to come wiz you? What was 'e doing?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL: READY ROOM (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Magnitude, Maze, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck)
"Tatajana and I should be on Alpha team. We'll also need to determine if we are going wiz Martin or Durendal. Since Martin 'as already flatly refused to wear a mask or 'ide 'is identity in any way saying 'why should I? I'm a god', if 'e is seen in public zat compromises my secret identity in zis world - even older 'e still looks recognizably like me. But zere are a lot of moving parts to getting ze Promise set up wiz Durendal."

Dennis was hardly sure. "Which is a concern, if that's our only way to to be sure of Durendal. If something clogs up one part..."

"To be clear, in my opinion, even if we could not ensure ze 'Promise' wiz Durendal, I would still razer ze powers of Martin being in 'er 'ands zan 'is. Drifter, what did you see of Martin's World when you were zere? What was going on when you convinced Martin to come wiz you? What was 'e doing?"

"Reading a book," the Drifter said, looking flabbergasted. "It's... kind of difficult to explain. You all have been in his shoes, right? When the Astrolabe borrows someone from their world, it's not like we spend a lot of time there. I arrived in his home. He was sitting in an arm chair, reading a book. He hardly seemed startled by the intrusion. He just created a bookmark, set the book aside, and said 'It 'ad been getting too quiet' as he got up. Next thing I know, we're in a cottage in Ireland getting shelled by Magnitude."

"Sorry," Kas said sheepishly.

The Drifter reached out and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Still, I've been to his world before. We already fed you the Cliff Notes version: Martin helped Randy by altering his DNA--made him unviable for Robor's intentions. When Robor came for him, they explained what had been done and... Robor saw it as an opportunity. He took Martin's wife hostage and made him work for him. They took people--just... normal people off the street... and altered their DNA to match Robor's. Martin turned them into genetic O'Shaes... and Robor sacrificed them in a ritual that ultimately turned him into some sort of god.

"The only person who was even close to being able to stop Robor was Martin, but with Emma in Robor's clutches, he wouldn't move against the man. Cue me showing up with the Aurelius--well... another world's Aurelius... and we put an end to that. We took away Robor's edge and Martin moved against him. He stopped the man once and for all and that was that.

"Given Martin's age, though? It had been well over a century since we took down Robor. A lot has happened and the Astrolabe didn't give us much time to catch up.

"The Martin I first met was wounded and hurting. He felt helpless. More than that: he blamed himself for creating Robor and unleashing that level of madness on the planet. Everything he's said here? Everything he's claimed about being able to better everyone? I'd wager that's the result of his guilt. For the last century, that man has lived with the knowledge that he put love before everything else and billions of people paid the price. Robor called himself a god, and he was a merciless one. I think Martin was trying to balance the scales by being a benevolent one."
Alpha: Fach, Fluxx, Imago, Magnitude

Beta: Backlash, Hubris, Kiln, Pict, Puck

Gamma: Fiore, Sidestep
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Tamati wasn't sure whether to be relieved or not that Shelby had been excluded from the proposed mission squads but his head wa starting to hurt with trying to comprehend just how powerful someone would have to be to called a god, whether a benevolent one or a merciless one. Now what team to volunteer for?

"I would like to join team Beta and hunt down those mercenaries."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 3

Violet knew what everyone would expect of her. But the thought of ever facing Black Ice again turned her stomach. She hadn't even been able to wear black without seeing the horrible doppelganger in her mirror. "I'd rather go with Martin's team, if possible."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 1
LP: 2

Jack had kept quiet simply because he was trying to take in all the information everyone was giving, it was a lot to take in really. At this point though he'd made his choice about which team he wanted to be a part of; he wanted no part of the ethical debate starting up over empowering Durendal, and the American really doubted his opinion on what they should do with other-Martin would go over very well with everyone else. "I'll go with Alpha team, I can adjust my senses so I don't have to rely on vision."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL: READY ROOM (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Magnitude, Maze, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck)
"I would like to join team Beta and hunt down those mercenaries."

“I would prefer that none of the students accompany Beta Team,” Newton admitted. “The truth is we don’t know how many other mercenaries this group may have hired... but I was going to ask you to join the group anyway, Tamati. I’ve given the situation some thought and I have a theory we could potentially test here and now: your ability includes hydrokinesis—the power to command water with your mind... but in what state? Thus far, it seems you’ve only attempted to influence water in its liquid state, but ice is nothing more than solid water. Violet, dear? If you could please create an ice sculpture for Tamati to try and manipulate?”

It was no small feat for her to do so, and only slightly more taxing for the dimensional refugee to command. It was certainly easier for him to manipulate water when it was fluid and malleable, but not out of the question for him to move ice with his mind.

“You may be an ace in the hole in the fight against Black Ice.”

Violet watched the demonstration impassively. "I'd rather go with Martin's team, if possible."

"I'll go with Alpha team,” offered Jack. “I can adjust my senses so I don't have to rely on vision."

“I’ll go with him,” said Ellen.

“I believe you would be better served in Gamma,” Newton said. “All of our eggs in one basket, as it were. Otso? Kirstie? If you would, please consider joining that group as well?

“Everyone should get ready. We’ll need to brief Abe. Martin? How do you wish to proceed? Durendal or your doppelganger?”
Alpha: Fach, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Magnitude, Shiver

Beta: Backlash, Hubris, Kiln, Pict, Puck, Taheka

Gamma: Fiore, Maze, Parabola, Sidestep, Ursa
NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL (Current; NPCs: Benson, Kikker, Ommatidia, Parabola)
Adam and Annalise had finally given up on arguing with the man with the magical hammer and were pacing the hall, waiting for Newton to exit the ready room. Adam’s Neo-Sapien power left him with compound eyes, while Annalise’s allowed her to assume the form of a humanoid frog. In both cases, these powers left them disfigured: Adam’s skull was blemished by literally bug eyes while Annalise was hairless with green skin. It reminded Lex of one of the students at the Tokyo school—a Russian girl who had come onto him, whose powers left her blue and hairless.

When almost everyone had been dismissed, Armand had gone upstairs and the student body noticed that he had two eyes instead of one. Word had spread of the miracles this other Martin could perform and Lex had been watching two of his classmates fail to convince the archeology teacher to let them into the Wreck Room to see if the other Martin could simply remove their Neo-Sapien abilities and make them look normal.

He wasn’t sure what had compelled him to wait here... Maybe it was the invitation he had declined—an invitation to be briefed on some sort of sinister plot that Kirstie had accepted. Maybe it was the fear that Stephen would eventually find out about the new Martin and come looking to see if Martin could give him Neo-Sapien powers. Whatever the case, he had sat back and silently observed the exchange... waiting for things to get worse.

Things always got worse.

Part of him wished he had the Drifter’s mp3 player to pass the time. There was a part of him that considered returning it—the device she had tricked members of the Armada into thinking was a grenade was no doubt filled with music from other timelines... He hadn’t had a chance to go through it, but the possibilities were exciting. What if there was a world out there where the Beatles remained a five-piece band? Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison might remain in their respective roles, but with Stuart Sutcliffe on bass and Pete Best on drums. What if there was a world were Tupac didn’t die? Could the Drifter have music from him later in life? Possibly responding to events he could never have foreseen? There was a trove of music that would never be on that device, and so far he had ignored it...

The door to the ready room opened and some of the students funneled out. “Put your uniform on and go to Ireland,” Ellen said, “then take it off. Put your uniform on and go to France...” She gave her boyfriend a wry look. “Remember when this used to be a school and we had classes?”

Kirstie came out after them and stopped at the sight of her boyfriend. “So... Martin’s mom cloned Tat and a French mafia guy has that clone and is using it to do mafia things, and now we’re going to go fight it. Well, they are. I’m on a reserve team. I’ll be teleported in when things get too crazy... You know, too crazy for Martin, Kas, and Jack to handle. Guess I won’t be called in to action.”

As soon as Newton emerged, accompanied by Martin, Annalise and Adam moved to ask about seeing the other Martin.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal

After a good long wait he was willing to admit what it was that was keeping him there.
A bit of concern over his girlfriend doing something stupid, and a vast ocean of apathy. He could get up and... go where? Do what?

He just couldn't muster enough energy to even care at the moment. It was just easier to sit there and watch the poor bastards trying to get to Evil-Martin to get their problems fixed. Or removed. Or whatever.

Lex thought it was a terrible idea. Lex also didn't have bug eyes, or frog face, so Lex figured he should just shut the hell up.

It wasn't his job to be their nanny, or make their choices.

He sighed and leaned his head back to rest against the wall, staring at the ceiling.

He could work on more music, but after Bottom crapping on his plans, and trying to kill someone who looked like, well, probably his closest friend after Kirstie? No, he couldn't muster the energy.

If he had the MP3 player he'd just sit and listen to that. But he kept it in his room to keep it from getting wrecked. It was interesting and strange to hear music that should never, or simply could never be played. Even if he only really listened to it when he was alone, or when Kirstie was asleep, it was like a magical treasure trove. The challenge was not stealing the music, not because he wanted the fame or the money, but because it was good and he wanted to sing it.

He had avoided any songs that had artists that had the name Lex in it. He wanted to succeed on his own, if he was a success. And if he wasn't?
It would probably be crushing.

Yes, if he had the MP3 player he'd probably listen to it. But it was in his room. With his powers he could have it in seconds.
But he couldn't muster the energy to get up.

Besides, he'd probably feel obligated to give it back, and he wasn't happy with it's owner right now.

He sighed and closed his eyes.

He wasn't sure if he fell asleep, but next thing he knew Ellen was talking about getting undressed, and Kirstie started explaining a Star Trek episode. He was only moderately sure he was still asleep.

"If they do you should probably disconnect your phone and leave town for a few days," Lex deadpans, considers what he said then adds, "And take me with you."

Seriously, if Jack, Martin and Kas couldn't handle something it was time to run like hell.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx
Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 pm NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALL: READY ROOM (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Magnitude, Maze, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck)
“Everyone should get ready. We’ll need to brief Abe. Martin? How do you wish to proceed? Durendal or your doppelganger?”
"I will talk to Martin first. Try to get ze information we need from 'im. 'E will likely ask a concession. Zat is when I will negotiate, but maybe it will end up zat I call for Tatjana for a reversal." There's a grim resignation at that.

"I know zat Nanette sometimes gets information from zose she 'borrows from', but if we can be sure to get information before'and zat would be better. Get zings started for Ze Promise and Durendal's release, just in case. Even if it is just so ze French nation can 'ave a 'ero again."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

Otso barely paid any attention at all to the briefing after Durendal was brought up, only nodding in agreement when Newton suggested him and Kirstie join Team Gamma.

He remembered how he'd isolated himself from everyone else after becoming stuck in his bear-form. He'd been afraid of losing control, of hurting somebody. He'd been afraid of hurting Bea.

But he'd gotten into the fight with Gaspar before getting stuck. Heck, he'd gotten into fights with bullies before his powers had even manifested. Afterwards he'd promised his dad he wouldn't start any more fights, only protect others.

He'd lost the man he made that promise to twice now and he was wondering how hard he was really working to keep that promise. Steph would probably have something to say about the matter, whether professionally or otherwise.

Fighting the mercenaries was starting to sound good, they seemed like a nice punchable problem.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WRECK ROOM (Martin; NPCs: Anne, Martin, Newton, Tatjana)
In the Wreck Room, Anne was in place, still containing Martin’s own doppelganger inside of the radiated chamber she had shifted into. It was a little unsettling that Newton had prepared such a contingency to be used against Martin’s family, but it made sense.

“Can he hear me?” Tatjana asked Anne.

“He can,” Anne said as the other Martin said, “Indeed.”

“Anne is going to let you out and you can change me back, but you have to promise not to attack anyone here.”

“It was never my intention to harm anyone. My bluff was an attempt to get everyone to stand down without inciting more violence.”

“You can let him out, Anne.”

Nothing happened.

“Anne?” Tatjana asked.

“There are only three individuals who may command me to deactivate the Curie Protocol. Given your relationship with Martin, it should not come as a surprise that you were not included on that list.”

“Who can deactivate it?” Tatjana asked. Newton, obviously, but she was curious what other two people Newton trusted with such a power.

“Anne, deactivate Curie Protocol,” said Newton from the doorway. “Epsilon-toolbox-maple-pontoon.”

Anne opened up and the other Martin spilled out of her. She shuddered as she stepped back, shifting back into a form more closely resembling a human than a cylinder.

True to his word, the alien Martin did not move to attack them. Instead, he sat there, slowly recovering himself, and his composure. “I… apologize for upsetting you and those who reside ‘ere.” It was clear that he wasn’t used to humbling himself like this. The word came hard. “Though it ‘as been many years since I last spoke wiz ze Lex Murphy of my world, I know ‘ow… ‘e can be. I doubt ‘e would accept my apology, but I am more zan willing to apologize to everyone for my rouse.”

“Thank you,” Newton said. “Whether or not they accept it, it would be a good step towards healing the rift between us. As I understand it, you have met the Drifter before? My students have had several adventures with her. If this is to be the first of our encounters with you, it would be best if we were all on good standing.”

“Oui. Ah, may I… ask somezing? In this world, do you know of a woman named Emma Decker?”

Martin knew of her, but he had never met her. Emma Decker graduated from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe three years ago. Codenamed Rote, she was an Esper whose ability allowed her to mimic any learned skill she saw demonstrated. She was an effective martial artist, concert violinist, deft painter, gifted surgeon, woodworker, welder, acrobat, swimmer… Anything anyone could do, Emma could do better. Apparently, that included disappearing. Since leaving the school in 2006, Emma and the other four members of the Vienna school’s inaugural graduating class had not been since again.

Claude Delacroix and his fiancé Camie Horne, Nadja Fromm, and the man known only as Diaspora were all in the wind. Martin didn’t know where any of them were, or even if they were together. Still, Emma was originally from the United Kingdom. Was it possible Dewhurst had intel on where she currently was? If needed, that might be a bargaining chip they could use against this Martin.

“Emma was a student here,” Newton confessed, “but she left after graduation. She has not been in contact with us since.”

This seemed to baffle Martin, who looked at the Curie native to this world. “‘Ow is it that she ‘as graduated but you ‘ave not?”

“What do you mean?” asked Newton, genuinely curious.

Martin understood: this was not a clone of Martin Curie, like he was. This was the original. In his mother’s mind were files—memories of a birthday he had yet to have. He was younger than the original was when he died. The original Martin was the same age as Emma and the rest of the first class, then.

Once it was explained, the other Martin explained further: “Emma was the love of my life. After we graduated from zis place, we chose to remain close by… We enrolled at universities ‘ere: ze Medical University of Vienna for me, ze Academy of Fine Arts for her. We ‘ad our first apartment in Liamgrube.” A smile spread across his face as he fondly drifted back to those innocent years. “I apologize, Tatjana. I know zat zis is not likely somezing zat you like to ‘ear: ‘ow ze man you love fell in love wiz someone else? I trust you understand razer clearly zat your Martin and I are not cut from ze same cloz.”

Fascinating though this was, they had more urgent matters to discuss. Armed with the knowledge MI-18 provided, Martin explained the stakes they now faced: the mafia had a clone of Tatjana, no doubt made by Entier, and that meant there was no telling what else they might have of the elder Curie’s design.

Newton looked to the other world’s Martin. “So,” he asked, “will you help us?”

“Of course,” he said without hesitation, “I am not a monster.”

Tatjana shifted. Her boyfriend knew her well enough to know she was holding back. She likewise understood the stakes and knew that diplomacy was instrumental in ensuring his cooperation.

“I will ‘elp you as best I can,” Martin said, “after I apologize to your school, and my doppelganger apologized to me.”

Tatjana could no longer stay silent. “What?” she asked incredulously.

“No matter what you may zink of me, I wished to ‘elp you from ze moment I arrived. I offered to ‘eal you, Tatjana. I did ‘eal zat boy’s eye. I would still be more zat willing to remove the tumor growing on Jack’s left lung.”

The other Martin faced this world’s Martin with a level look. “I came ‘ere to ‘elp, and you responded with snide comments, an insulting tone, and japes. I sincerely regret distressing everyone ‘ere. I admit zat I overreacted… but do you see zat you provoked me to do so? When I apologize to everyone, I promise you zat it will be nozing but sincere. Can you offer me ze same courtesy?”

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: HALLWAY (Lex; NPCs: Adam, Annalise, Benson, Kirstie)
At the approach of Annalise and Adam, Newton was forced to be brash. He motioned for Martin and Tatjana to go on ahead while he dispensed harsh words for the pair of hopeful students. “I apologize, but right now is hardly the time. We have an international crisis unfolding and several of your classmates are suiting up to take on opponents who I do not doubt would hesitate to kill them if it came to that.

“I understand that you view our guest as an answer to your problems, and you no doubt worry that the Drifter’s involvement creates a slowly closing window on this panacea… but I beg of you to trust me to do this right. Let us gauge first if we can trust him to do this, and to decide if this is truly what you want.”

Leaving them both, Newton followed Martin and Tatjana into the Wreck Room.

“Things are just as tense out here, huh?” Kirstie asked, shaking her head at the scene. “So, like our headmaster said so inspiringly, I might be charging off to die… I don’t suppose you’d want to go with me? Fiore’s leading a backup team. Abe and Otso and Ellen and… actually, Bea wasn’t in there. She’s sort of turning into a heavy hitter—more so’n me—so I imagine Otso’s going to bring her aboard.

“Wanna get suited up and come with? We’re only going in if this go pear-shaped for either group, but if they do… there’s this thing I’ve been thinking about. See, my powers… they take an attack and redirect them, but they also sort of supe them up, right? Way I figure, I might be able to take a blast of lightning from you and curve it right at someone else. I’m kind of curious if we could pull it off, you know?”

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WAR ROOM (Dennis, Jack, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: the Drifter, Ellen, Fiore, Kas)
When Newton led Martin and Tatjana out to talk with their guest/prisoner, there was nothing to do but wait. Backlash sat down at the keyboard and turned the monitor to the news. A diplomat had been assassinated on live television by a Neo-Sapien today; he was no doubt fearing the worst. After all of the goodwill their kind had won months ago—saving Chicago and Vienna from two separate alien invasions on the same day—the world’s view on Neo-Sapiens was beginning to shift towards the positive. He no doubt hoped Black Ice hadn’t just undone all of that work…

“You’d best go get suited up,” Kiln said to Tamati—the only student who had been allowed to join the team going after Black Ice. The Vindicator knew this and his tone was uncharacteristically dark as he addressed the refuge. “We don’t even know where we’re headed yet, so you have a few minutes if you want to see anyone before we get shuttled.”

Not far off, Ellen let go of Jack’s hand and flashed him a sympathetic look before making her way to Violet. She put a comforting arm around her fellow Brit and sat down beside her. “I can’t even fathom what’s going through your head right now,” she said, “but I want you to know that I think you’re incredibly brave… I have an idea how much you hate that woman, and it takes a lot to not go after her—to not sink to her level…”

“Oh, you bloody berk!” Backlash swore at the monitor.

Pict leaned over him and turned up the volume.

“-criminal from another world, now stranded in ours,” the woman on the television was saying. Though the banner across the bottom was in German, the woman’s surname was not translated: Applebottom. This was Francine Applebottom, the director of MI-18 in the wake of William Arnett’s banishment to Row 64. The leading theory was that she was an undercover agent of Black Box, working to sabotage European opinions on Neo-Sapiens… like committing the full force of a group like MI-18 to arrest a sixteen-year-old boy based on grainy footage. “Though known as Black Ice, she was born Violet Lear and is a British Neo-Sapien. As such, MI-18 will dedicate itself to bringing this psychopath—and any other extra-dimensional outlaws who follow her example—to justice.”

All eyes went to Violet. “Did that bitch just out you as a Neo-Sapien?” asked Hubris.

“Blaine,” Pict warned.

The Vindicator began to swell up. His uniform was practically bursting from the strain of muscles on muscles. “I’m going to kill that bitch.”

“Blaine!” snapped Pict. “Cold as it may sound, we have more important things to focus on! Applebottom can wait.”

Ellen hugged Violet tighter. “Oh, honey, I’m so sorry.”
Hero point to Violet.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

Inside, ever so quietly, Dennis ticked up another mark in columns labeled Francine Applebottom and Black Box. It wasn't really the outing, so much as making their Violet appear to be a criminal. "Yeah, save it Blaine. Violet's parents will get to her long before you do." A Baroness and MP - maybe Dennis would have to tune into the BBC for Question Time for once.
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx

Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 am NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WRECK ROOM (Martin; NPCs: Anne, Martin, Newton, Tatjana)
"When I apologize to everyone, I promise you zat it will be nozing but sincere. Can you offer me ze same courtesy?”
"I can." Fluxx says without hesitation. "I sincerely regret our antagonistic relationship zusfar. I feel like zere's so much we could 'ave learned from each ozer... well, zat *I* could 'ave learned from *you*. And I truly 'ad no compunctions about you changing Tatjana in ze ways she requested. It was ze changes she didn't reque..." Fluxx shakes his head, "No, zat is in ze past... Martin, I apologize for my part in ze actions zat lead us to zis unfortunate situation we find ourselves in."

"I do not even know your last name. 'Curie' was an affectation taken on by a constructed entity known as 'Jeanette', or per'aps 'Entier' but zere is no reason to zink zat is yours."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 3->4

Violet pulled away from Ellen. Her emotions roiled with pain, anger and sadness. "You don't get it." Her eyes were wet and her face was red. "None of you bloody gets it. I put an ice sword right through her chest. It doesn't matter. Eve's still dead." She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "I don't want to go after her. Do you know what it's like to see your best friend's killer every time you look in the mirror? I don't want to ever see her again. What would be the point? Nothing I could possibly do will make that go away." By this point, the temperature drop in the room was noticeable as Violet's turmoil overrode her subconscious control of her powers.

Violet turned on Hubris. "I go to school at the New Vindicators bloody Academy. I've been arrested and kidnapped because I'm a Neo-Sapien. I'm already out. I don't care about that. There's nothing wrong with being a Neo." Violet noticed the visible breath of a couple of people in the room but didn't care. "What she did is out me as a bloody f*^&ing murderer. Do you think anyone is going to care that it's not me? That she's from some other dimension? No, all they heard is 'Violet Lear is a psychopath. bloody. murderer'."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

"I do get it, Violet. I'm surprised no one else did." Dennis replied. "Unfortunately, this isn't something we can do anything about, at least now. People at large may be idiots, but we know better. Your boyfriend knows better, your family does, people you've helped know."

Scant consolation, but the best he could offer.
Games