New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Imago dropped the 'hiding' illusion before resuming Kiln's appearance. The comments of the would-be sniper, clearly unwilling, clicked with the other trademarks reported about 3. And the second trunk reported.

"I wouldn't bother, kid. We know where your relative is."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
Violet stepped forward to loom over Joseph. Even if he couldn't see her, he'd know she was close. "Like my-" she stopped herself before revealing something she shouldn't "the man said, we're not specifically looking to hurt you. But we are going to stop you killing anymore. What that means is up to you."

"So, two questions. Why did you kill those women and who helped you?"

Joseph was quiet for a moment--as though he were considering his options. "How do I know you're not police trying to-?"

Augustus Lear closed his hand around an ornate blade made of ice and thrust it through Joseph's left shoulder. "You'll have to take our word for it," he growled over the boy's agonized screams.

The ice vanished and the man turned to Herta. "First floor, down the hall, second door on the left. First aid kid in the cab-" Herta vanished and reappeared holding the first aid kit. "-inet." The man opened it up and pulled out some gauze and bandages. "As I said, Mister Taylor, we are hardly the police. We're not looking for a confession--just answers. Why did you kill those women?"

Tears were fighting their way through his blindfold. "I wasn't good enough for my mum," he said. "She gave me up."

"You were looking for her? Why?"

Joseph continued to sob.

"Why, Joseph?"

"I wanted to kill her!" he roared. "I wanted to make her suffer like she made me!"

"She made you suffer?" snarled Herta as she shoved Augustus aside. "Go $%#& yourself! You were adopted by two people who loved you! That house didn't look like a rundown farmhouse! It didn't have a Goddamn dojo in the barn! I bet your mother never beat you because you couldn't flawless recite back a passage from Virgil's Eclogue 5!" She punched Joseph in the bleeding wound. "I bet your father never forced you to eat food off the $%&# ground!" She punched him in the wound again. "YOU DON'T &$#% KNOW WHAT SUFFERING IS!"

Augustus quickly encased Herta in ice and then looked towards his bedroom window. "I swear, if you woke her... I'll let you out if you can be calm. Can you do that?"

Herta stared at him through the ice. The man snapped his fingers and again dispelled his ice construct instantaneously.

Herta collapsed to her knees, hugging herself. Her teeth chattered from the cold.

"Joseph," Augustus said, "who helped you?"

"No one," Joseph said.

Augustus shook his head. "You expect us to believe that you broke into a government facility to steal the information on a top secret research project on your own?"

"I... I can turn invisible..."

"How did you even know where to look?" Augustus asked. "Your adopted parents wouldn't have known about the experiment. How did you-"

"An email! Someone emailed me months ago! They said my da was in some sort of secret prison and my mom was paid to carry me and give me up!"

Augustus tossed Violet a baffled look. Not only did someone out there know about her mother's medical research, but they knew about Row 64 as well?

"Who?" Augustus asked, cautiously. "Who emailed you?"

"I don't know. The email came from someone named Nemesis."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet wanted to intervene with her father stabbed Joseph. But he was her Dad and she had to trust him. The Herta attacked him but Dad was quicker to stop it. The abuse made her very uncomfortable. She looked to her father to see if he recognized the name 'Nemesis'. She still had many questions but one stood in her mind above anything else. "If you're looking for your Mum, why did you kill the others?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

Tamati almost lashed out himself when Violet's Dad impaled Joseph, almost but didn't he was hoping that Violet's father knew what he was doing and obviously if Violet didn't trust him she wouldn't have taken them all here. The fact that Violet's Dad arranged for medical treatment in almost the next heartbeat was a slight relief and then stopped Herta's outburst was another mark in his favour.

"Who told you that you were adopted?" Tamati blurted out trying to make sense of the boy's weird statement that he wanted to make his mother suffer by killing her, something wasn't adding up.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:30AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
"I wouldn't bother, kid. We know where your relative is."

"Y-you do?" The young man breathed a sigh of relief. "Of course you do. You're a Vindicator. You probably threw the bomb into the sun."

SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
"If you're looking for your Mum, why did you kill the others?"

"They're no better than my mum," Joseph said. "They're just whores who got paid to have us and get rid of us the first chance they got. They're still being paid for it! They're still benefiting from our pain!"

Herta began to grind her teeth, but she resisted the urge to attack him again.

"I didn't care when I found out I was adopted, but to know I was just some experiment?"

"Who told you that you were adopted?" Tamati asked.

"My parents," Joseph said. "My adoptive parents. They were always straight forward with us. They couldn't have kids, so they adopted me and my brother and sisters... I've always known I wasn't really theirs. It never bothered me until Nemesis told me what I really was..."

VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pmwhere's Buddy?
Buddy hasn't had a chance to move just yet, so he is still where he was.
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 amCan Kas detect Domingo?
This was a question that stumped me, so I fielded it to the tabletop players. The consensus is that since Kas' sight is similar to echolocation in that a signal hits solid matter--why Kas couldn't see through the windows--Domingo being composed of hellfire should hide him from Kas' sight. However, Kas has the benefit of other people staring at him, so the feeling is that while Kas can't see Domingo, he should still be able to target a rough area of where the others are looking--basically that Domingo should have total concealment against Kas' attacks.

The Order, Round One
  • Domingo (X): Bruised
    • Insubstantial 3 (20)
  • Current (27)
  • Magnitude (22)
  • Vestige (17)
  • Fluxx (14)
  • Fiore (16)
  • The Incredible Shrinking Rusty (8)
  • Eiron (5)
At the expense of sounding like I'm nitpicking, I'm more concerned with setting a precedent regarding how hellfire operates: Domingo's aura is heatless. The chemicals that Martin is tossing at him will not react with hellfire, so, it would result in them going through him and reacting behind him. If this is what you're going for, okay.

If not, we can figure out another way of Martin just creating the Dazzle effect, in which case... Domingo - Reflex - DC 23: 1d20+7 18 & Domingo - Fortitude - DC 23: 1d20+7 16

Just let me know which to go with.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

"Just hold on a minute, let me get this straight. You were raised by parents who loved you and were upfront with you and then some dude just calls you out of the blue and suddenly you are off murdering women you don't even know on this guys say so."

Tamati looked at Joseph in sheer disbelief

"I am going to say it right now you are more than 2 sandwiches short of a picnic."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"Those women are not whores you little $**@!" Violet surprised herself with the strength of her response. She'd stepped forward and had to stop herself from kicking him. "Your parents have a child they couldn't produce on their own. Your birth mother received money for helping in a study. You get to exist. Who's been harmed?" Violet turned away, grinding her teeth.

"As for what you are? Or what you were, really. You were a boy in a loving family who happened to be adopted. Now, you're an &^#*7 murderer who was killing people because someone else wanted you to. And, unless you're ready to give that up, what you're going to be is a kid who disappeared into the custody of a secret government section that doesn't officially exist."

Violet turned back to glare at Joseph. Her voice was tight. "It's time to make a choice, Joseph. And if you say 'whores' one more time, we're going to make it for you."
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Oh, fuck this was bad. Imago had to keep his calming, assured behavior up. "We're working on that part. But I promise you, everything's going to be all right."

Of course, that was the illusionary disguise talking, behind that extra layer - the psychic equivalent of a quick stepping behind a wall, Imago quickly comm'ed Jack. "Jack, there's a bomb where the second hostage is."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"We're working on that part. But I promise you, everything's going to be all right."

The other teen started crying as he turned back to the window. "He's watching. If that woman gets out of the truck, he'll kill my little sister."

SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph, Shelby)
"If you're looking for your Mum, why did you kill the others?"

"They're no better than my mum," Joseph said. "They're just whores who got paid to have us and get rid of us the first chance they got. They're still being paid for it! They're still benefiting from our pain!"

Herta began to grind her teeth, but she resisted the urge to attack him again. Violet showed less restraint.

"Those women are not whores you little $**@!" Violet surprised herself with the strength of her response. She'd stepped forward and had to stop herself from kicking him. "Your parents have a child they couldn't produce on their own. Your birth mother received money for helping in a study. You get to exist. Who's been harmed?" Violet turned away, grinding her teeth.

"I didn't care when I found out I was adopted, but to know I was just some experiment?"

"As for what you are? Or what you were, really. You were a boy in a loving family who happened to be adopted. Now, you're an &^#*7 murderer who was killing people because someone else wanted you to. And, unless you're ready to give that up, what you're going to be is a kid who disappeared into the custody of a secret government section that doesn't officially exist."

Violet turned back to glare at Joseph. Her voice was tight. "It's time to make a choice, Joseph. And if you say 'whores' one more time, we're going to make it for you."

Tamati raised a hand to still his classmate's tongue. "Who told you that you were adopted?"

"My parents," Joseph said. "My adoptive parents. They were always straight forward with us. They couldn't have kids, so they adopted me and my brother and sisters... I've always known I wasn't really theirs. It never bothered me until Nemesis told me what I really was..."

"Just hold on a minute," said Tamati, "let me get this straight: you were raised by parents who loved you, and were upfront with you, and then some dude just calls you out of the blue, and suddenly you are off murdering women you don't even know on this guys say so?" Tamati looked at Joseph in sheer disbelief. "I am going to say it right now you are more than two sandwiches short of a picnic."

"You don't know the things I know," Joseph snarled. "Nemesis sent me videos of what happened to us. The woman who ran this program electrocuted babies. She threw babies into tanks of water. She burned us. She... she tortured us. We were babies--newborns--and she tortured us to see if our parents' powers could be brought out."

Augustus froze. Joseph claimed that Nemesis had emailed him. If this mysterious person had sent him the footage from the trials--footage of Mary allegedly torturing newborn babies. "Do you still have those videos?" he asked, a frog in his throat.
Happy (very) belated birthday, Shock! Have three hero points and don't reset yours at the end of this session.
All around them he heard glass breaking: Fiore was shattering every window in the building... and evoking a woman's scream from the floor above them. "Vestige," Fluxx said into the comm. link, "get ze woman out."

As Vestige made her way into the back room of the butcher's shop, Eiron jumped down from Fluxx and went out in search of a hose. As he did, his brother came into the room behind Current.

The hellfire figure ran through the counter and out of the room. Before he was out of sight, blazing blue wings burst from his back and carried him up and through the ceiling.
The Order, Round Two
  • Domingo (X): Blinded, Bruised
    • Insubstantial 3 (20)
  • Current (27)
  • Magnitude (22)
  • Fluxx (14)
  • Fiore (16)
  • Vestige (17)
  • Eiron (5)
Vestige had held her action. At Fluxx's command, she'll drop to behind Fiore (reacting after he breaks the windows). Rusty will rush into the building. Buddy will move as per Martin's instructions and go looking for a hose.

New round, Domingo will try to recover: Domingo - Fortitude - DC 23: 1d20+8 15 He'll remain blinded. He's going to double move to flee. Blinded, he can't see where he's going, but he also doesn't bump into things, so he has that going for him.

Lex is up.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0(1-1 HP reroll) CND: Normal

"Dammit," Lex muttered as he charged towards the stairs, using his inhuman speed to get him upstairs to where the fleeing badguy had gone, activating his comm he called out, "Guy is trying to make a break for it, straight up through the ceiling. watch for the flying fire guy with wings."

His plan was simple enough. If the man was upstairs, he was going to blast him with both barrels. If he wasn't, then he was going to find a window, look for the big flying fire guy... and blast him with both barrels!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1->4

Violet felt ill. This wasn't the first time she'd heard about the experiments. But the last time, she'd been too caught up in her own misery to understand what it meant. Now, it was different.

"Those mothers aren't responsible. But I know who was." Violet looked at her father, even though she was talking to Joseph; her eyes were burning. "You help us find Nemesis and you get to confront her. But either way, no more killing." Her mother needed to answer those questions. "It's the best deal you're going to get."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Videos? Babies being tortured? Tamati felt sick in the pit of his stomach, it looked like there was a lot more going on than he was aware of and from the sounds of it Violet knew some of it or maybe most of it. Did she just say she knew who was carrying out these experiments.

Not sure what to say Tamati looked questioning at Violet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4

Violet frowned, then blushed. "I'll explain after Joseph gives his answer."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

"Kay" Tamati crisply replied willing to give Violet a chance to explain.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"We're working on that part. But I promise you, everything's going to be all right."

The other teen started crying as he turned back to the window. "He's watching. If that woman gets out of the truck, he'll kill my little sister."

Ellen's voice came through Dennis' communicator: "Imago," she said, "there's a second hostage. Her brother's name is Mateo--he may be somewhere near your location."

OVIEDO, 9:30AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
"Dennis and Robyn took the car," Ellen said. "Jack will be faster than us in his dog form. If he goes on ahead..."

"Your call, Jack," said Otso, "but we should hurry: two addresses makes it seem like we're quite not done here yet."

Jack nodded his head. "Yeah, it does." He looked around the room one last time, in case there was something he had missed. Once he was satisfied, he continued: "Let's all get the hell outta here. It's creepy."

As they stepped out the door, Jack took on canine traits as he consulted his phone for the location of the second address 3 had given them. "Meet you at Calle Jesús, number sixteen." Then after a momentary paused added. "See if Dennis and his friend know who Mateo is, it might be helpful."

As he took off, Ellen reached for her communicator. "Here's to hoping 3 can't patch into our comms," she told Otso. "Imago," she said, careful not to use Dennis' real name, "there's a second hostage. Her brother's name is Mateo--he may be somewhere near your location."
At the expense of seeming like a dick, the plan here was... as this group neglected to tell Dennis the details, I sort of wanted him to go in blind and see how EO would handle the situation without knowing what was going on. I think he has a handle on that now, so we'll jump start this scene again.
SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph, Shelby)
"I'll do whatever you want," Joseph said, tears sneaking their way out from under his blindfold. "Just please don't kill me."

Lex took off after Domingo. The man was flying up through the ceiling tiles, so following him wasn't a possibility. He could only hope to find his way upstairs and confront the man--maybe even catch him off-guard.

As he made his way to the second floor, he could hear the man talking: <<"Children--possibly from that school the others mentioned.">>

<<"The candy boy?">> asked a woman.

<<"Yes. His friend--the American boy--told me-">>

Lex shot into the room and let the electricity fly from his fingertips. When he barely seemed fazed by the first, Lex let another blast of energy fly from his outstretched arm. It caused the energy being to stumble slightly, but he otherwise seemed unimpeded.
The Order, Round Two
  • Domingo (X): Blinded, Bruised x3, Stunned (Lex, R2)
    • Insubstantial 3 (20)
  • Current (27)
  • Magnitude (22)
  • Fluxx (14)
  • Fiore (16)
  • Vestige (17)
  • Eiron (5)
Domingo - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+9 24 That's the second time he's only just barely made it. Domingo - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+8 16 That one was considerably more.

Domingo - Concentration: Insubstantial - DC 14: 1d20+7 26, Domingo - Concentration: Force Field - DC 17: 1d20+7 18, & Domingo - Concentration: Energy Aura - DC 14: 1d20+7 22 Everything sustained stays on.

Kas is up, followed by Martin.