New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Martin wrote: But reading people was never Martin's strong suit.

In a moment the flesh branch formed a little slit under the single eye which split to a little mouth. "Are you... certain you did not eat or drink anyzing, 'ere?" He asks the hydrokinetic tentatively.
Hearing about something and then actually seeing it was completely different Tamati decided looking at the little eye and mouth staring back at him. Although he was able to stretch his limbs in his watery form Tamati was blown away by what Martin was able to do with his body.

"Nope well I mean nothing after Robyn started adding her magic potion to people's drinks." Tamati clarified then after a moments pause he asked the question on his mind

"Are they all going to be okay? No weird side effects or stuff."
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

A bit of flesh furrows over the eye and it looks down in confusion. A small cone and hole forms on the side of the extension of Martin. "My apologies, I forgot an ear and missed what you replied. Though I surmise you didn't consume any of ze love potion like I originally misattributed was ze reason for your anxiety over me being near 'Erta else you likely would 'ave attacked me by now. I am glad for zis."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Benedikt, Derryl-731, Doug, Herta, J.R., Kas, Kelly, Kira, Larrikin, Lexus, Mickie, Newton, Nicole, Rebecca, Rose)
“Yes, thank you, Violet.” The headmaster turned to Martin then. “There is no telling how far Robyn has gotten... or what her goals were here. She’s fairly stubborn... If the students are good to move, perhaps we should brief Herta and have her do a headcount? She can quickly take stock of the faculty and student body—find any other affected...”

NVAE, HALL (Jack; NPCs: Bacon, Beatrice, Fisher, Kowalski, Murphy, Yavorshak)
Jack felt something land beside him. Robyn turned visible then... but was wearing the Sigourney Weaver’s face. “There is no Robyn,” the shapeshifter said, “only Zuul.”

Without anyone asking her to, Robyn dropped that guise and reverted to the form Jack was more accustomed to. “I’m just $%¥€ with you,” Robyn said, flipping her hair over a shoulder. “Newton wants to chat, huh? I bet he’s irked about the love potion. Man, you youngin’s have no sense of humor...”

NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
They had left the door open. Lex’s eyes fell on an open duffebag—a latex mask peeking out of it. Another mask was on the floor of the van beside the bag. There was no mistaking it was of Senator Bedford.

Not far from it was a wad of dark green cloth. Unless Lex missed his guess, it was a pair of coveralls—another part of the uniform Crux wore: dark green coveralls, an Amy Bedford Halloween mask, and a black armband.

There was no telling if these were the same guys who had tried to blackmail Kas; they could have been the ones who castrated Mike; they were Wolf’s comrades... and Lex’s mother’s...
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1
Condition: Fatigued

Violet shrugged. "As long as no one's fighting, who cares? Just let them sleep it off and everyone's back to normal in the morning, right?"
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

*There might be another issue.* Martin heard the words, but Dennis stepped up beside the Frenchman with his mouth firmly closed. *Speaking of Herta, you've had plenty of direct experience with Laputa... and Lacuna, haven't you? Just nod or shake your head.*
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Martin wrote: A bit of flesh furrows over the eye and it looks down in confusion. A small cone and hole forms on the side of the extension of Martin. "My apologies, I forgot an ear and missed what you replied. Though I surmise you didn't consume any of ze love potion like I originally misattributed was ze reason for your anxiety over me being near 'Erta else you likely would 'ave attacked me by now. I am glad for zis."
"That is so cool" Tamati said as the ear formed in front "Oh yeah ... that's right."
Violet wrote: Violet shrugged. "As long as no one's fighting, who cares? Just let them sleep it off and everyone's back to normal in the morning, right?"
"Are we sure they'll be okay?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:26 pm Violet shrugged. "As long as no one's fighting, who cares? Just let them sleep it off and everyone's back to normal in the morning, right?"
"Not... exactly. Even if two people are happily locked in ze zrows of... uh... each ozer, ze 'appenings are forced. Zis is tantamount to rape and should be avoided at all costs. Plus, if 'not sleeping' is part of a person's powerset we would need to intervene anyway." Martin says his extended branch turning to regard the ice manipulator.

While his other arm it checking other students, administering aid where it can and equipped with Martin's nose and other ear, the central stalk of Martin, thinner as more of his mass is in his arms, forms Martin's remaining eye, briefly regarding Dennis on it's otherwise featureless head. It nods slightly.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

*Well, when I tried to hit Herta with an illusion attack, I got stopped cold, and got this.* Dennis made a slight gesture, and the image that had concerned him appeared in front of Martin's eye as well.
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

After Dennis showed him the image mentally Martin nodded in recognition. A small square flattened on Martin's 'forehead' and words like blocky tattoos formed.

Herta is seeded. We were told all the Laputa pawns were. Many of the initial activation triggers (they were told) were if they spoke about Laputa's secrets. Later, when they proved loyalty, some triggers became 'if sent to Pandora' - the extra-planar prison which ultimately became the dimensional pirates. Emily Adler was the only psychic I know of to successfully remove seeds. They render the Seeded immune to further mental manipulation.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

*It doesn't look like she got everyone though.* Dennis observed. *At least you already knew.*
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:41 pm Imago

*It doesn't look like she got everyone though.* Dennis observed. *At least you already knew.*
Martin nods. The tattoos wipe themselves clean then repopoluate.

I don't think Emily even tried for everyone. It was a great effort for her. Since we can never be sure of the trigger all of Lacuna's victims are psychic time bombs that can be overwritten and then self-populate to re-ignite that menace - a psychotic little girl bent to destroying Jason Lamperouge's life.

There's a moment of decision before the next words form.

Lex Murphy is seeded. Good to know Herta is too. Can you unobtrusively check for others? Maybe starting with the other former Pawns? We can at least compose a list of seeds.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
Martin nods. The tattoos wipe themselves clean then repopoluate.

I don't think Emily even tried for everyone. It was a great effort for her. Since we can never be sure of the trigger all of Lacuna's victims are psychic time bombs that can be overwritten and then self-populate to re-ignite that menace - a psychotic little girl bent to destroying Jason Lamperouge's life.

There's a moment of decision before the next words form.

Lex Murphy is seeded. Good to know Herta is too. Can you unobtrusively check for others? Maybe starting with the other former Pawns? We can at least compose a list of seeds.
*I think I can do unobtrusive.* It wasn't clear if Dennis' more general illusions would trigger the identifying response of a seed, but he felt he had more than enough finesse with the more potent targeted illusions to pull them back if there wasn't that immediate psy-shield and image.
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet gave Martin a confused look. "So whoever's done this is going to prison then?"
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

He was sure he should have been feeling something at this point. Anger was usually what he felt.

But as he looked at the outfits all he felt was hollow. He didn't want to be here. He just wanted to go away.

Sighing he pulled out his phone and took a picture of the license plate, and then a picture of the two idiots and texting it to the only person he could think of in his phone. Martin.

Two pictures and one word: Crux.

"Well, there you go," Lex says with a sigh, "Now what?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 am Violet Lear

Violet gave Martin a confused look. "So whoever's done this is going to prison then?"
The eye-mouth-ear stalk swiveled to Violet. "I do not know ze laws. Zis was essentially a date-rape drug dialed to 20. Or, since ze individual didn't 'benefit' from it ze courts could treat it as no more serious zan when ze DeGallow brozer put Methyl​enedioxy​methamphetamine in ze punch at a school dance. 'Ard to say."

The pocket on Martin's central trunk buzzed and the branch addressing the other students snapped back. Martin retreived his phone as his one arm regained human proportions again and everything save for his nose arranged itself on Martin's face and head in proper places.

"Huh, where IS Lex?" he asks after reading the caller ID. He opens the message and scans over the two pictures a singular word.

"Oh. 'E was out finding Crux. Maybe 'is mozer gave 'im information after all.?" he says uncertainly.

Martin took another look at the pictures, memorizing them. The man didn't look electrocuted or scared, they didn't seem hostile, maybe, mildly confused. Which meant Lex was being decidedly un-Lex-like, which Martin didn't know was good or bad.

When in doubt, collect data.

Where? Martin texted back. Did they hurt anyone... or vice versa? Are you requesting back-up?