New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"You'd have gone," Lex says leaning his head against the wall, "Stay and die? Or go, kick some ass and maybe die?"

"Yeah, no contest. You're a Murphy, you'd want to feed those sons of bitches their teeth. Dumb sons of bitches come into our world and threaten our family?" He shook his head and looked up at the sky.

There was a cell phone and familiar looking comm unit hovering around a strange lack of electricity and electronics. Either this place had a balcony, or Kas had shown up. Actually the comm unit definitely meant Kas was here, it was pretty unique to the school.

"Huh. That's funny. Why are they here?" Lex says mostly to himself.

Well, they could have came to rescue him. He almost laughed at that one. Okay, so then what? Somebody else had been kidnapped? Maybe.
Kirstie was dead and they were hoping to stop him from murdering everybody in the building? He swallowed hard. Why did that seem far easier to believe than people had come to help him?

"Here's some advice on the superhero thing. It sucks. It hurts, it's scary, stupid insane people try to murder you. So if you ever get powers remember this: they are a cheat. They make you stupid because you got a god damn hammer, and suddenly every problem in the world is a nail waiting for it's comeuppance," Lex snorts, "You get dumb, you get predictable. And at that point you don't have to be smart, you just got to be clever to take somebody like that out. It's what Victor is a dumbass instead of a world shattering threat."

"Being a superhero isn't about powers, it just means never giving up. You just pick yourself up and keep going. No matter what, you get back up and you try again. Secret to winning? Cheat. If you die nobody's going to feel bad for you and fix it, so cheat like a motherfucker. Life or death fight, winning is everything. Surviving? Means you got to learn, you got to try different shit. You got to sit down and ask yourself, how do I deal with this, or can I do that? You need every advantage you can get. Experience, strategy, tatics, gear, weapons. Everything."

"Keep learning, keep trying, keep pushing your limits,"
Lex grins savagely, "And never... never let everybody know everything you can do."

"So, school's here to save the day,"
Lex says after a pause, leaning his back against the wall, "I think they're hoping to keep us from doing something stupid like tearing these sons of bitches apart."

"So smart money says we just sit here real quiet like and wait for them to come get us in the next... ten minutes?"
Lex shrugs, "Or we do something stupid and risky and maybe we go break some racist's knees."

"So, hermano, What do you want to do?"
Lex asks.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

For some inexplicable reason Tamati would never be able to look at Robyn or Puck the same way again after her comment.

"Thanks Martin" as the fleshy bracelet was placed round his wrist, the sensation was unusual and Tamati couldn't help himself from tapping it with his other hand ... hmmm was that a heartbeat ... that is so cool.

Getting the feeling that what he was doing was annoying Martin, Tamati stopped fiddling with the bracelet offering an apologetic half smile.

"Rembrandt ... Faultus got it."
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gilliam wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

For some inexplicable reason Tamati would never be able to look at Robyn or Puck the same way again after her comment.

"Thanks Martin" as the fleshy bracelet was placed round his wrist, the sensation was unusual and Tamati couldn't help himself from tapping it with his other hand ... hmmm was that a heartbeat ... that is so cool.

Getting the feeling that what he was doing was annoying Martin, Tamati stopped fiddling with the bracelet offering an apologetic half smile.

"Rembrandt ... Faultus got it."
Fluxx nods. "'Fluxx' when we're on mission. S'il vous plait." he reminds.

"And it is 'Faustus'."

"Listen well to Magnitude, while I'd prefer 'e'd not be under ze stress of decision-making less zan an hour after being concussed, 'e neverzeless 'as much experience in leadership."
Fluxx says to Taheka with a glance to Shiver as well.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

THE TANK (Lex; NPCs: Steven)
"So, school's here to save the day. I think they're hoping to keep us from doing something stupid like tearing these sons of bitches apart. So smart money says we just sit here real quiet like and wait for them to come get us in the next... ten minutes?" Lex shrugged. “Or we do something stupid and risky and maybe we go break some racist's knees.

"So, hermano, what do you want to do?"

“Well, if I don’t get to break someone’s knees today, I’m going to be moody. Downright inconsolable. Plus, if your speeb friends save us, they’ll never let me live it down.

“How are we playing this?”

OUTSIDE (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Magnitude, Puck, Vestige)
“Sounds like a plan,” Magnitude said.

“Except for the part about comms,” offered Puck. He stared blankly at Magnitude for a moment and them snapped his fingers. “That’s right! You weren’t there! See, I already told everyone else that one of the engineers who oversees your communication system is actually with Crux. That’d be how they got that audio of you threatening to make a French family disappear. Wetl. Yeah, never trust a Wetl. It’s a stupid name.

“Anyone know if Newton got them yanked yet? Or if there are any other Crux people in that position? I mean, it’s not like Wetl spent twenty-four-seven eavesdropping on you all.

“I’m just saying, comms will basically tip off Crux and... oh, yeah! You’re going up against them. Huh. Weird how that works. At least we have Frenchie’s Funky Bracelets. Patent pending.”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"Well, these tubs were made for containing water, not people, so the walls are pretty thin. So if you had a wedge shaped hunk of metal you could probably just punch out a hole and climb out," Lex says resting a hand on his belt buckle.

"I figure that'll probably make some noise and we just hammer anybody stupid enough to come through the door to see what's going on. If they have tazers just hide behind me, let them waste it," He shrugs, "And hope they don't have real guns? 'Cause then things get real interesting."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:57 am OUTSIDE (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Magnitude, Puck, Vestige)
“Sounds like a plan,” Magnitude said.

“Except for the part about comms,” offered Puck. He stared blankly at Magnitude for a moment and them snapped his fingers. “That’s right! You weren’t there! See, I already told everyone else that one of the engineers who oversees your communication system is actually with Crux. That’d be how they got that audio of you threatening to make a French family disappear. Wetl. Yeah, never trust a Wetl. It’s a stupid name.

“Anyone know if Newton got them yanked yet? Or if there are any other Crux people in that position? I mean, it’s not like Wetl spent twenty-four-seven eavesdropping on you all.

“I’m just saying, comms will basically tip off Crux and... oh, yeah! You’re going up against them. Huh. Weird how that works. At least we have Frenchie’s Funky Bracelets. Patent pending.”
Fluxx frowns.

"Zank you for ze reminder Robyn. We cannot know if our comm system is compromised or not. Let us avoid using it for now. Given zis...." Fluxx concentrates and the bracelet around Taheka's wrist bulges outward, gaining mass. A thin line forms and parts showing one of Martin's hazel eyes, just as the one on his face closes and seals. "I'll keep it closed but you can open it, gently please, if you need to get my attention and show me somezing of Robyn could even form illusory words for me to read." The bracelet eye closes again.

Fluxx then morphs as a whole getting taller and taking on the appearance of the badly beaten man. A man with one eye is swollen shut and one ear a puffy ruin. His left hand is held awkwardly and the last two fingers look broken and non-functional.

His voice is deeper, gruffer, garbled by several missing teeth and a mouth beaten and bloody.

"We r'dy?" he slurs.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

"I think we will manage with the bracelets and illusion messages as workarounds. Let's do this."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
Condition: Fatigued

Violet shrugged. "They have to know we're coming anyway. What are they gonna do about it? Let's just go."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

"Now that is so cool" Tamati exclaims at the sight of an eye forming on the bracelet round his wrist.

"Yip I'm ready to go" Tamati manages to resist the urge to tap the eye or to squeeze it.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 3
Cnd: Ready

Otso tried to ignore Robyn's ramblings as best as he could, except for the most important part. "Stay off the comms, got it. Lets go."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

THE TANK (Lex; NPCs: Steven)
His brother didn’t flinch at the idea of their enemies drawing guns. Steven really was a Murphy: he was too stupid to be afraid of danger. “I saw we do it.” He began to wrap his belt around his right fist, in anticipation of the coming fight.

Lex felt along the corrugated walls of their makeshift prison and found a seam. There, he scratched at it with his belt buckle. He twisted his wrist slightly, digging into the plastic. Then he started to push it in. “Here,” Steven said, offering his leather-wrapped hand, “lemme help with that.” He pushed it in a bit. Then Lex took over—kicking at his buckle to further drive it in.

The wedge did the trick: when the brothers moved the buckle, light filtered through the hole they had made.

DISTRACTION (Martin)
Disguised, Martin made his way to the front of the building. A couple of men came running out to greet him. <“Henry!”> one said in German. <“My God, those freaks really did a number on you!”>

SEARCH (Greystone, Imago, and Ursa; NPCs: Vestige)
Vestige kept shooting Imago dirty looks as they moved through the building. Barely an hour ago, he had levied some heavy accusations against her... after sneaking his way into her room and trying to bar her there. For now, it seemed she was willing to play nice—focused instead on locating the brothers...

Their quartet found their way into a room with a large water tank with a cement block atop the lid. They could hear voices and grunts from inside...

EXTRACTION (Shiver; NPCs: Magnitude and Puck)
The extraction team located to the roof. Without Imago’s illusions to shield the, from sight, they would be spotted hovering over the building. “Soooo...” Puck looked bored. “How’re things?”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:08 am DISTRACTION (Martin)
Disguised, Martin made his way to the front of the building. A couple of men came running out to greet him. <“Henry!”> one said in German. <“My God, those freaks really did a number on you!”>
[Was there a Henry in Wolf's phone?]

Fluxx-Henry's garbled voice comes out harsh and angry. He regains some amount of rancor as he responds in German voice gravelly and clipped. "'E here?! 'L Kill 'M."
Bluff: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
Ah, this means that if it DOES come to combat I'll be dead soon.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
Condition: Fatigued

"I'm wondering how we're going to extract anyone while sitting on the roof." Violet gave Robyn a sidelong look.

"I'm also wondering how you're going to explain to Lex that you sent him off to be taken by Crux and how that's different from his mom feeding Crux data so they can do the same thing to other Neos."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

It looked like Tamati was struggling to work something out as he looked at Robyn then Violet then Robyn again before he finally blurted out what was on his mind

"So you are really a dude then Robyn?"

Realising that he may have been too blunt Tamati quickly added

"That's cool "
Last edited by Gilliam on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

Imago set up an illusion field insulating the room so nobody looking in would see or hear anything untoward before approaching the tank. "Lex, Stephen, I'm guessing you're in here?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe