New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Dennis stopped pale. Irrational desires springing from nowhere? Could - no. No. It couldn't be Robyn. His warning should at least have carried the point of practical perils. Then he kept walking for the headmaster. It was just Steven being Steven.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: Concerned

Otso furrowed his brow, then nodded. "I'll pass on the word, make sure no one else's effected." With that said, he hurried off in the direction of the headmaster's office.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
J.R. rolled his eyes. “You were a dick to women in my world,” he said. “You also didn’t deal with the Armada. You weren’t unkillable either. Point being, you’re clearly a much different person, so…” He sighed as he dropped down to the floor next to his bed. “I’m never going to be born here,” he said. “I’m not going to get to grow up with my folks… I’m not going to get a happy childhood. In my head, I’d save them, you know? Stick by them, and before they bite it, I save them. They grow old. They give me siblings. Dad gives me The Talk. Mom teaches me to drive.

“That doesn’t happen here though…”
Jack rolled his eyes in response to J.R.'s. "Doesn't mean the two here aren't similar to your parents. I've met folks who were pretty damn close to their counterparts I knew." Jack shrugged, he really didn't know what to say to the dimensionally lost son of his friend and girlfriend. "All I'm saying is that it couldn't hurt to talk to them and see, maybe you'll be surprised."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Tamati; NPCs: Robyn, Shelby)
“Do you know anything about traveling to other worlds?”

Robyn studied the Kiwi for a moment before answering. “Why? Sick of her and lookin’ for your ticket home?”

A look of panic flashed on Shelby’s face and she turned to her boyfriend as if she were checking his reaction. She quickly composed herself. “Do you?” she asked.
"What? ... No of course not, it is just my friends and family all think I am dead and at least Mum should know I am okay."
Robyn made a face. “Not really. I know a lot about a lot of things, but… I’ve never been off this world.”
"You are not a typical student here are you?" Tamati couldn't help saying getting the vibe that Robyn was a bit more than she appeared.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, MAIN QUAD (Dennis, Lex, Otso; NPCs: Beatrice, Kirstie, Steven)
“How’s about Violet?” she asked, reading a text from her.

“Violet?” Hands stuffed in his jacket’s pockets, Lex danced out of the path of Steven’s next wild blow. “I guess. I mean, well, I dunno. Do you think hypothermia would be an issue?”

Rather than compose a text, she opted to call her countryman instead.

“Hang on a sec,” Violet said upon answering, “Lex’s parents have gone barmy.”

“So has his brother!” Kirstie exclaimed—a tinge of happiness to her tone. “Lex!” she shouted as she pulled the phone from her face. “Violet says your mum and dad have gone crazy too!” Putting the phone back to her face, Violet opted to explain: “Steven thinks he’s in love with me and is presently failing at trying to murder my boyfriend. What’s going on with Mister and Missus Murphy?”

The scene was enough to give pause to those passing through. “What’s going on?” asked Otso.

“Eh, usual,” Lex said as he continued to dodge his brother’s blows. “Someone put a whammy on Steven, and now he thinks he loves Kirstie so obviously I need to die. And before you ask, no, I have no idea who or how.”

Dennis said not a word, but continued towards the main building.

Otso looked from Lex casually dodging his brother’s wild swings to Kirstie, who was on the phone. “Uh… okay? We’re going to see the headmaster. You want me to pass along the word or something?”

Lex made a face. “Yeah, probably. I mean, he started off obsessed, then irrational, and now he’s trying to kill me because I’m—and I quote—taking Kirstie away from him. Honestly, this is kind of funny, ‘cause Steven ain’t much of a threat, but if this nonsense is happening to somebody like Jack or Martin, we’re going to be in deep $#!+, ya know?”

Otso furrowed his brow. From what Kirstie had said, Lex’s parents were behaving similarly. On one hand, it may have been only effecting Lex’s family; on the other, whatever was happening may have been spreading across the school. Following his encounter with Durendal, Otso had placed himself in quarantine once before, out of fear what would happen if he lost control—what if this effected him? What if he became irrationally obsessed with someone and tried to kill someone to win them?

Trying to put such thoughts out of his head, he gave Lex a nod. “I’ll pass on the word—make sure no one else’s effected.”

NVAE, BOYS’ DORM (Jack; NPCs: J.R.)
“Doesn’t mean the two here aren’t similar to your parents. I’ve met folks who were pretty damn close to their counterparts I knew. All I’m saying is that it couldn’t hurt to talk to them and see, maybe you’ll be surprised.”

J.R. shook his head. “Dad seems content to train with me, but any time I try to get to know him as a person, he brushes it off. Mom, I don’t know. It doesn’t seem like she’s comfortable with me being around. You didn’t see how she looked at me when I picked you both up at the airport.”

NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“Any suggestions on ‘ow we approach zis?”

Tatjana made a face. “Zos mages aren’t ze only ones who kuld hav taught her…” Her heavy chest heaved as she sighed mournfully. “Vhen ze meds weren’t helping me, Talemaja used her magic to make me more stable. She vas here, Martin. Here at ze skhool for so long, und she told me she was helping several students wiz zat spel. I don’t know who, but… I kan imagine most of us vould benefit from a magical spel zat alters ur minds. Gaspar might have vanted to forget about vhat he did on Laputa.” Martin knew what she was talking about: Gaspar had kiled Lexus’ mother to save Tatjana’s life. “Lexus vas in murning, Jay’s sister was a psychopath, Lex und Mira had lost Alina… Mat tried to shoot up the skhool, und I stil don’t believe zat vas Lacuna’s doing…

“My point is, vhat makes you zink zis vas zat grup from last year und not ze ozer magical enemy ve have? How do ve know Beatrice isn’t vorking viz Talemaja?”
It’s always bugged me that some of the other students don’t have an accent. I’m trying something new with Tatjana. Bare with me.
“You are not a typical student here, are you?”

Robyn shook her head. “I’m actually the shadow of a millennia-old wizard who was imbued by magic, spent a century on an island that isn’t on any map, and am now acting as an intermediary between a different wizard and a Frenchman. Clearly.”

Shelby rolled her eyes. “It was a simple question. You don’t have to be rude about it.”

NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Dennis and Violet; NPCs: Dwight Kowalski, Lillian Murphy, Roger Murphy, Isaac Newton)
“Hang on a sec. Lex’s parents have gone barmy.”

“So has his brother!” Kirstie exclaimed—a tinge of happiness to her tone. “Lex!” Her voice sounded distant—like she’d had the foresight to pull the phone away before screaming to the American. “Violet says your mum and dad have gone crazy too!” Putting the phone back to her face, Violet opted to explain: “Steven thinks he’s in love with me and is presently failing at trying to murder my boyfriend. What’s going on with Mister and Missus Murphy?”

Violet sent a blast of artic pressure for Roger’s feet and watched as ice began to build around his legs—anchoring him to the spot and removing the threat the big man posed to the non-combatants present.

The door opened and Dennis slipped in. The illusionist took in the sight before him: Violet and Newton were outside his door; the P.E. teacher was encased in ice; the school secretary was scratching at the door; there was a man Dennis didn’t know laying sprawled out further down the hall. “Mister Schausteller,” Newton said, relieved to see reinforcements, “if you could fetch Doctor Bacon for us, I believe Mister Kowalski could benefit from his talents.”
Roger - Reflex - DC 17: 1d20+2 5 Fails by 12.
Love Potion Victims
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"When we last encountered Tallemaja she was working on a global scale to stop far-reaching conspiracies accompanied by my older-younger sister. Not sure she would take a break from zat to train a teenager in magic. I zink it takes a lot. Chuck's group, 'oose been trying to get at zis school for some time now, would 'ave ze resources for such. And indeed, magical protections around zis school 'ave been taken down. Zis is suspicious coincidental timing." Martin says. "In any case, I should probably go to ze 'Eadmaster wiz zis. I assume zis was discussed when Robyn was enrolled but best case scenario would be for all of us to sit down as a group to discuss zis. We will make it clear zat it is ze lives of 'er fellow students at risk. If she says zey were not ze people 'oo taught 'er and she 'as no idea why ze wards went down zen we will 'ave no choice but to drop ze matter." Martin stands.

"When ze package of ze arrest material comes in zen we can get in to Sarah's custody advocate for use in ze 'earing." Martin reassures. "I zink we will 'ave a good chance."

He'll kiss his girlfriend and phase through the outside wall, eschewing corridors and rooms entirely, traveling just below the surface of the ground, popping an eye on a stalk up to orient himself occasionally to make sure he's on a direct route to the Headmaster's office.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"Same thing!" Violet turned away from Lex's dad to eyeball the locked office door. If she followed her husband's lead, she'd be knocking that door down shortly. "Mister Murphy is trying to get at Doctor Yavorshak, knocked some guy out and then took a swing at me. Missus Murphy was pawing at Headmaster Newton and he locked her in his office. You know it's bad when the rest of the family makes Lex look mellow."
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

"What!?" Lex yelps, finally looking away from his brother, "My Mom and Dad are what?!"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, MAIN QUAD (Dennis, Lex, Otso; NPCs: Beatrice, Kirstie, Steven)
“So has his brother!” Kirstie exclaimed—a tinge of happiness to her tone. “Lex!” she shouted as she pulled the phone from her face. “Violet says your mum and dad have gone crazy too!”

“What!?!” yelped Lex as his girlfriend moved the phone back to her face. The surprise was enough to cause him to look away from his brother. “My mom and dad are what!?!”

Again, she held the phone away from her face. “That’s what I’m TRYING to find out! Gimme a minute!”

Putting the phone back to her face, Kirstie opted to explain: “Steven thinks he’s in love with me and is presently failing at trying to murder my boyfriend. What’s going on with Mister and Missus Murphy?”

“Mister Murphy is trying to get at Doctor Yavorshak, knocked some guy out, and then took a swing at me; Missus Murphy was pawing at Headmaster Newton and he locked her in his office. You know it’s bad when the rest of the family makes Lex look mellow.”

“It’s a long story, but I’m pretty sure this is my aunt’s doing. She has mind powers and no love for my boyfriend.” Kirstie again held the phone away from her face—this time to her chest. “Your mom is in love with the headmaster and is locked in his closet. Your dad knocked out some guy because he’s after Doctor Yavorshak.”
First off, hero point to Lex for this. I’m going to have him blind sided by the revelation that this is happening to his parents to and count him as flat-footed for this. Then see if Steven can sucker punch him: Steven - Attack: 1d20+1 17 If that’s a hit, DC 15 Toughness, Arkrite.
NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“Martin, if she is vorking wiz ze ozer grup, I dubt she vil kare zat she is puting ze ozer students’ lives at risk. She has been here vhen zey have atakked. She knows vhat zey are. If she is vorking viz zem, she does not kare.”

Her expression was a sad one, but it brightened when Martin installed some hope that Sarah could win this case yet. As he left her room, she moved to get ready to face the day…
I’m going to hold Martin back for a second to allow Dennis a bit to react to the scene unfolding outside the headmaster’s office.

NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Dennis and Violet; NPCs: Dwight Kowalski, Lillian Murphy, Roger Murphy, Isaac Newton)
You know it’s bad when the rest of the family makes Lex look mellow.”

“It’s a long story, but I’m pretty sure this is my aunt’s doing. She has mind powers and no love for my boyfriend.”

The door opened and Dennis slipped in. The illusionist took in the sight before him: Violet and Newton were outside his door; the P.E. teacher was encased in ice; the school secretary was scratching at the door; there was a man Dennis didn’t know laying sprawled out further down the hall. “Mister Schausteller,” Newton said, relieved to see reinforcements, “if you could fetch Doctor Bacon for us, I believe Mister Kowalski could benefit from his talents.”
Love Potion Victims
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:54 pm NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“Martin, if she is vorking wiz ze ozer grup, I dubt she vil kare zat she is puting ze ozer students’ lives at risk. She has been here vhen zey have atakked. She knows vhat zey are. If she is vorking viz zem, she does not kare.”

Her expression was a sad one, but it brightened when Martin installed some hope that Sarah could win this case yet. As he left her room, she moved to get ready to face the day…

She was right of course, but it would at least be good for Newton to know what kind of student he had at the school and maybe she didn't realize the direct threat to specific lives this group posed. Martin knew how good Chuck was at lying. At their first meeting he'd convince the French teen of a fictitious sob story involving a dead wife and kids. Though in all fairness there have been many times where Martin had been played for a sucker.

If the boy's lives were at risk by a rogue archmage who wanted to drain them for power maybe the Headmaster could do something.

Martin considered all this as his periscope slug-eye retracts again and he propels himself through the atoms of the world in a way few beings could.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

“You are not a typical student here, are you?”

Robyn shook her head. “I’m actually the shadow of a millennia-old wizard who was imbued by magic, spent a century on an island that isn’t on any map, and am now acting as an intermediary between a different wizard and a Frenchman. Clearly.”

Shelby rolled her eyes. “It was a simple question. You don’t have to be rude about it.”
"You had me till you mention the Frenchman" Tamati replies with a smile "Then why are here at the school, I get the feeling you have less interest in school than I do and oh yeah have you given anyone else that magic potion?"
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

What Lex and the others might have noticed is Dennis stopping short, starting to run. When he found his worst fears confirmed, he tightened his fist. "Actually, if it's possible, can Violet go? I need to find Robyn, and get some answers out of her."

Presumably, the Headmaster would understand what he meant.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet shrugged as Kirstie carried on two conversations at once. "Seems kind of petty for her. Hasn't she got better things to do?"

She scoffed at Dennis' suggestion that she run off to find the doctor. She put her phone down on the desk and examined the secretary's phone. "Hasn't he got a phone? Is there a public address button here? Paging Doctor Bacon. Doctor Bacon to the Headmaster's office." Violet clearly had little interest in taking the situation at all seriously.
I'm assuming that Violet has heard something of Kirstie's aunt and the Avalon school
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

"Oh %#(@ me," Lex looked horrified, "If Dad's as nuts as Steven we've got problems, he's got the same powers I-"

Lex's comment was cut off as a fist caught him in the mouth, mashing his lips into his teeth. It was painful, it split his lip, but due to bad aim on Steven's part all it did was piss him off.

"I don't got time to piss around with you anymore," Lex growled, lifting up a glowing hand and stalking towards Steven.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: Scared but determined

Now the strange attack had spread from Steven to his parents? Otso hesitated at the door. This wasn't just one isolated incident anymore.

He'd feared losing control before. So much so that in his paniced attempt to protect those around him, to protect Bea, he'd almost ruined everything.

He'd boarded the Elpis knowing he might die, but knowing it wasn't a battle that could be waited out. But stepping through that portal to that other world without a certain wsy back...

When he'd gotten back, when he'd found out how much time had passed, he vowed to stand by Bea's side no matter, to never lose her again. He'd vowed to face his fears.

Determined, Otso pushed open the door to follow after Dennis and get to the headmaster's office.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.