Eldritch City (3E MM)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Eldritch City (Recruiting, 3E MM)

Post by Spectrum »

Darlene Lampwick pt 2-Please define Night Breed. That means something specific to me that it might not to you.

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 pm Darlene Lampwick pt 2-Please define Night Breed. That means something specific to me that it might not to you.

I have no words.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Layla Bluebriar

Again, my problem NOT yours. Its taking me a hard time to shift from otherworldly beings to normal people that were kidnapped and changed by otherworldly beings. Part of that is her picture NOT being a fae seeming but the way that she looks all the time. Please hold my hand and tell me that it will be alright and that WW didn't blow up their world for pointless reasons over a decade ago and instead tried to sell a toxic abomination? Maybe some warm cocoa? With marshmellows? ;)

How do you mean Four Courts? Seelie, Unseelie and...?

Narrow down ex supernatural? I'm assuming the fae?

I'd say see above comments on darkvision, but you pretty much cover the bases.

Other than the above world view thing (with sprinkles on top?) I really like the character.
Last edited by Spectrum on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm
I have no words.
I see your no words and raise you:

Nightbane, a game by Palladium- which was originally called Nightbreed until Barker threatened them with a lawsuit.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:29 pm Well, that array IS pretty simple...to me anyways ;)

Not sure how you think an affliction would work better than the energy attack since the mechanics are entirely different and no affliction affects toughness. I mean, it's fine if you feel it's too powerful, but affliction would not be a replacement.
Putting it another way, by spending so much time and points on the array, you're telling me that you really want combat and really want to be good at it. I can listen to you and work in a lot of combat to your storylines- which tends to slow things down and will put you out of timelines with the rest of the group. On the other hand, if I bring you together with the rest of the group, I will need to find ways to have your character be the focus of the combat while the other characters are unable to compete. On the other hand, if I design action scenes the way that I intend, the rest of the group works on the puzzle nature and you're probably going to deal with huge power- but not doing much because you're not working it from the right angle.

Make sense? Any suggestions on how to work out that balance?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

RainOnTheSun- haven't heard from you for a while. Did I miss seeing you? Are you still interested?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

EpicEclipse distracted me *grin* so I tracked this down.

Originally from 'The Other 100 Points' from 7th Sea Game Master's Guide (AEG, 1999)

Areas of Campaign Interest: Intrigue, Action, Romance, Exploration and Military. I'm going to throw clarify Exploration for this game to Mysteries and Military to Supernatural. Each player can spend 100 pts among those categories to show where their interest lies.

Okay, distraction satisfied.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Yellow Pilgrim
Again awesome picture. Most definitely not the King in Yellow. Nope.

I love a good typo- "a cute to his curse" I think that he's adorable!

But not really getting a good sense of how he would fit into this setting. Please share more?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:46 pm Layla Bluebriar

Again, my problem NOT yours. Its taking me a hard time to shift from otherworldly beings to normal people that were kidnapped and changed by otherworldly beings. Part of that is her picture NOT being a fae seeming but the way that she looks all the time. Please hold my hand and tell me that it will be alright and that WW didn't blow up their world for pointless reasons over a decade ago and instead tried to sell a toxic abomination? Maybe some warm cocoa? With marshmellows? ;)

How do you mean Four Courts? Seelie, Unseelie and...?

Narrow down ex supernatural? I'm assuming the fae?

I'd say see above comments on darkvision, but you pretty much cover the bases.

Other than the above world view thing (with marshmellows?) I really like the character.
:lol:

Let me tell you a secret first though... *looks around conspiratorialy* I've never actually played Changeling- or any WoD game for that matter! I became very interested in them last year though, mostly Mage, and had been reading the old books that my parrebts have. My mother in particular was a big fan if Changeling. I do know of the dirrection they decided to take their old games though, so I feel you. *hands you the cocoa- with marshemellows!* It'll be okay, don't you worry. :D

Right, so-! I was doing some scant research while crafting her background and wanted to pull from a few different sources, such as the Dresden Files and even just misc. lore. In my mind, there are Four Seasonal Courts; Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. The first two are views as the Sellie courts, while the latter are the Underlie. Actual moral alignments are up in the air however because fae, but they genwrally act in accordance.

Sure, I was thinking about that the longer submissions came in. How about Expertise: First World Magic; that would include things like the Fae, dreads, and other forms of 'nature magic'.

Hah, yep.

And thanks again!

Nightbane seems pretty interesting at a glance, might just have to look into that one further as well. So many game systems, so little time...
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Joshua "Binder" Lopez

Comprehend (Spirits) or Comprehend (Spirits) limited to ghosts? 1 rank? 2 ranks so that they can hear you back? If ghosts, does having points in other languages make sense? Limited to English speaking ghosts?

Contacts/connected with proper limitations to show you have friends in (dead) places?

Will want to explore how you defined the summon more. I like the idea but it could be tweaked.

What is the narrative on see through spirits? Again spirits vs ghosts.

Can you step across or is that in the future?

Are you familiar with Wraith the Oblivion? How do you see the world of the dead?

How much a criminal is he? Is he taking that direction because its fun or because its easy or doesn't know a different direction at this point?

Once we work together to define the world of the dead, we can talk about your ghost build.

Odd thought... (original) Ghostbusters really didn't bust ghosts.. lots of demons and other spirits, but very few ghosts.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:01 pm EpicEclipse distracted me *grin* so I tracked this down.

Originally from 'The Other 100 Points' from 7th Sea Game Master's Guide (AEG, 1999)

Areas of Campaign Interest: Intrigue, Action, Romance, Exploration and Military. I'm going to throw clarify Exploration for this game to Mysteries and Military to Supernatural. Each player can spend 100 pts among those categories to show where their interest lies.

Okay, distraction satisfied.
Intrigue 15
Action 10
Romance 25 (Hey, I gave her that boyfriend for a reason !)
Mysteries 20
Supernatural 20
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 pm reading the old books that my parrebts have. My mother in particular was a big fan if Changeling. I do know of the dirrection they decided to take their old games though, so I feel you.
Careful... I'll have to take my old (coherent light) cane at you! Young whippersnappers. :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

More seriously, take a look at the slaugh and see how that would fit with your character concept. Maybe someone growing up deeply involved in the local Unseelie court and now make a break of it... maybe into an entirely different city so that we can avoid info dump to get you caught up to the background.

It's your character so I don't want to tell you just nudge you.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 pm That's funny, because I have her own day job listed as a waitress to a bar & grill. Same one, perhaps?
I do like this idea. If we went this way, would you want to just be casual coworkers? Maybe thinking that the other was odd. Or already be aware of what the other is?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

and wall of spam complete.

I think that I hit on most of the topics?