Eldritch City (3E MM)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Eldritch City (3E MM)- Closed to New Interest

Post by Flynnarrel »

With Heritage going the full telepath route I'll remove the Dominate power from my vampire to protect niche.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Personally I like Tessa; I have a love of the reformed criminal archetype, plus it's a wonderful way of bringing teleportation into the story.

A few questions out of my own curiosity:

1. Is her TP power personal or portal based? If personal, how much can she carry? Can she bring passengers? What does it look like?

2. Does she have her own corner of the Maze staked out? A secret trans dimensional space could make an awesome bolt hole or HQ!

3. Does she have any friends or enemies in the Maze? Is she part of any sort of community of travellers, or does she keep to herself?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The ancient hand, wrinkled and spotted with age, carefully opened the ancient wooden box, inlaid with quaint and curious carvings. A slender finger, barely more than a bone with a touch of skin, brushed over the treasures, carefully considering what was needed for the times to come.

So many choices, it would indeed be a difficult choice to make. Each had their own charms, their own strengths and yet each was also fragile. This was incomplete, that one cracked..

Choices. Choices.

The hand attempted to place them into piles. Some of the treasures seemingly perfect for the purpose, warm and comfortable to the touch. A few with a cunning ugliness to hide the beauty. A few beautiful but not the right beautiful- speaking to another task, but no.. not this one. Not now.

There was the question of how many relics. A handful seemed right. Five? Seven? How many could the working hold and provide the proper energies without loosing the flavor by being overspiced? It would not do to be greedy and lose everything.

The hand brushed once more over the treasures. Carefully planing for what was to be.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I've pretty much finished my build, just need to paste it into the post with the incomplete version and update my design notes.
Finalizing the background as well.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Psistrike

Re: Eldritch City (Recruiting, 3E MM)

Post by Psistrike »

Psistrike wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 pm Do you think it would be better for me to go with Create over Illusions for Lexi? There are some things which she can do that she can't as an illusionist and vice versa. Would it be easier in the campaign and gameplay to deal with Create over Illusions, if so I will do so, plus it will only require a minor edit to her history and such and won't affect her concept. Maybe I could take the Feature Prestidigitation that was featured in the Power Profiles: Illusions section and have it mix with her Create to go with her stage magician theme.

A feature with variable descriptor to give a small number of magic tricks, please explain, I'm interested. I really wish to hear what you mean about this, plus how you would stat it out.

With these answered I can finalize my build and background for Lexi, who is looking fun to play.
An addendum to this. Spectrum, do you think it would be okay to have a Feature representing her using her illusions to disguise herself and simply as part of the Deception check for disguise be okay. Like her Illusory Disguise power but it would use her regular Deception check without the +20 bonus from Morph.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 pm The ancient hand, wrinkled and spotted with age, carefully opened the ancient wooden box, inlaid with quaint and curious carvings. A slender finger, barely more than a bone with a touch of skin, brushed over the treasures, carefully considering what was needed for the times to come.

So many choices, it would indeed be a difficult choice to make. Each had their own charms, their own strengths and yet each was also fragile. This was incomplete, that one cracked..

Choices. Choices.

The hand attempted to place them into piles. Some of the treasures seemingly perfect for the purpose, warm and comfortable to the touch. A few with a cunning ugliness to hide the beauty. A few beautiful but not the right beautiful- speaking to another task, but no.. not this one. Not now.

There was the question of how many relics. A handful seemed right. Five? Seven? How many could the working hold and provide the proper energies without loosing the flavor by being overspiced? It would not do to be greedy and lose everything.

The hand brushed once more over the treasures. Carefully planing for what was to be.
NICE!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

To clarify: Skill were 3/pp except for Combat skills which are 2/pp. Correct?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 pm To clarify: Skill were 3/pp except for Combat skills which are 2/pp. Correct?
correct
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So.. on that narrative post, it pretty much sums where I'm at in picking characters right now and wow.. so many hard choices. I want to thank everybody that has shown interest, its awesome that so many people care enough to put their time and energy into coming up with such cool characters. I've pretty much reached a point of not applying for games out of honestly cowardice. It's really hard putting the loving care into a character to make them as awesome as possible and get turned down. Ouch. Again, thank you!

I have a few concepts in mind already for sure. A few that are on the edge. A few that are absolutely awesome but.. not for this game (so painful!)

I'm also having having to decide just how many to take in. How many are too take on at one time? How much to bring in as a buffer for the normal first few week attrition?

Argh!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:11 am Any thoughts on Johnny? Also, would Expertise: Criminal cover things like hotwiring cars and bypassing security systems? That's really all I want from the Technology skill, and if I don't need it it would free up some more ranks for other skills.
The Burglar advantage from the Gizmo Guide is one of my favorite little tweaks. It allows you to use stealth OR sleight of hand (two versions) in place of technology when it comes to defeating security.

Right now Johnny is in that area of nifty.. but not quite right for the game. You do have a week to adjust things or to let it go. I'm sorry. Thank you for your time and interest.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:11 am Any thoughts on Johnny? Also, would Expertise: Criminal cover things like hotwiring cars and bypassing security systems? That's really all I want from the Technology skill, and if I don't need it it would free up some more ranks for other skills.
The Burglar advantage from the Gizmo Guide is one of my favorite little tweaks. It allows you to use stealth OR sleight of hand (two versions) in place of technology when it comes to defeating security.

Right now Johnny is in that area of nifty.. but not quite right for the game. You do have a week to adjust things or to let it go. I'm sorry. Thank you for your time and interest.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

x
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

y
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You must really like that Burglar advantage to post it three times ;)