Eldritch City (3E MM)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Eldritch City (3E MM)- OOC

Post by Spectrum »

I find myself trying to answer an odd question- what is the proper way to cite material in Creative Commons in a play by post game?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hey Psistrike- where are you going with this? I'm willing to follow your lead, I'm also willing to hit you around the head and shoulders with a clue-by-four. :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Bladewind- he is not currently in EC but with if wanted to do soem basic research, he can figure out where his vision is pointing him towards.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 pm Hey Psistrike- where are you going with this? I'm willing to follow your lead, I'm also willing to hit you around the head and shoulders with a clue-by-four. :)
Well, you mentioned that some in the audience weren't there to be entertained or have fun. Alexis would be curious about them, wondering if it is a criminal deal being made, someone sent after her by any of the supernatural elements she has thwarted in the past who is observing her first, or even if the troll bikers I had her mention as being behind her regular club shut down for repairs followed her for revenge. Could even combine two, the troll bikers were hired by one of the supernatural elements who want to make an example out of her and the job isn't done yet with the troll bikers mostly still on the loose.

Could even combine all 3 things above, the supernatural element she thwarted is making a deal here and brought in the remaining troll bikers as muscle and to deal with Lexi if she gets involved again.

Oh and since she is questioning the manager, he would probably know more than a little about what goes down in the club and start her on the right path with some information.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 pm Bladewind- he is not currently in EC but with if wanted to do soem basic research, he can figure out where his vision is pointing him towards.
Thanks.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Sorry for my long absence! Am I still in the game?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Welcome back!
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Btw, I meant to mention, when I was asking about "the woman" I was referring to the client's wife. When I didn't get any info on the singer I dismissed her as unimportant to the scene. You kind of blindsided me (in a good way!) when the singer turned out to be the key to the scene. Curious to see how this turns out - I still would appreciate a name for Fortinbras' client and his wife, though. :D
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Psistrike- that brings up the next question- what is a troll? :)

How about some rough guys came into your usual club and got into a fight, forcing it to close for a while until it can get back up to snuff?
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Yojimbo- I think that our wires are crossed. Sorry about that. Hopefully, this will help untwist them.

Husband- Frank Koch
Wife- Lauren

Singer- Penny, Candy, Cindy..Legs
Piano player- still unnamed

Does that help answer your questions? Again, sorry for the confusion.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Would it be correct to think of Fortinbras as a Marv like figure?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 pm Yojimbo- I think that our wires are crossed. Sorry about that. Hopefully, this will help untwist them.

Husband- Frank Koch
Wife- Lauren

Singer- Penny, Candy, Cindy..Legs
Piano player- still unnamed

Does that help answer your questions? Again, sorry for the confusion.
Yes! Perfectly excellent. I think we're on the same page now. Thank you.
Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 am Would it be correct to think of Fortinbras as a Marv like figure?
I didn't initially, but I have to admit I was starting to get that vibe when the singer approached.

I think Fortinbras is smarter and craftier than Marv. He's got his mental radar up for any of Count Urlich's schemes, so he'll be suspicious of anyone being too friendly towards him. At the same time, he craves companionship. Simple friendship is something he wants at the very least, but I don't think he's had a lot of experience with women. So Legs will probably be able to get him to do what she wants if she's honest and genuinely needs help. Which just means I'll be making Insight rolls at first until she proves (or he thinks) she's on the up and up.
Last edited by Yojimbo on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Glad to answer your question!

I appreciate it when people (politely) ask me to explain or further illustrate. Much better than a lack of care or ongoing confusion.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Would he consider Phillip a friend or just a work partner?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm Psistrike- that brings up the next question- what is a troll? :)

How about some rough guys came into your usual club and got into a fight, forcing it to close for a while until it can get back up to snuff?
Trolls, for this type of setting, I would go with the faerie, members of the Unseelie Court. Between 6-7 feet tall, muscular but long gangly arms, green skin with warts, STR and STA between 4-7 with only elite types higher, redundant organs to give higher Fortitude and Toughness along with rubbery hides, regeneration 2, and cold iron injuries regeneration doesn't work on, weapons of it get +50% ranks against them, and touch of cold iron burns them. Plus a glamour, rank 1 Morph, to appear as humans but it is disrupted by contact with cold iron and be seen through like an illusion if someone suspects them.

And everyone besides Lexi would have seen the biker gang as just rough guys who got into a fight, thanks to the glamour. If that works for you.