Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

Post by Miracle »

Artificer, Ritualist, and other variants would take too long to be useful for adventuring. So, here's the plan. All Rituals and Artificing will be done 'overnight'. Any time the team is resting for eight hours, they'll be able to work on an item or a ritual. All four of you will be helping build or chant and dance or whatever you need.

You'll only be able to do one per night, but the power or item will last for the whole day. After the day is up, so is the magic. The Ritualist or Artificer still has to make the rolls. Just everyone helping out will make it quicker.

Why? Magical world, magical things get done faster. Also having help speeds things up.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I didnt mean for this to be conversation thread. I'll be moving the story along after I read what I missed :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Miracle wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:12 pm Artificer, Ritualist, and other variants would take too long to be useful for adventuring. So, here's the plan. All Rituals and Artificing will be done 'overnight'. Any time the team is resting for eight hours, they'll be able to work on an item or a ritual. All four of you will be helping build or chant and dance or whatever you need.

You'll only be able to do one per night, but the power or item will last for the whole day. After the day is up, so is the magic. The Ritualist or Artificer still has to make the rolls. Just everyone helping out will make it quicker.

Why? Magical world, magical things get done faster. Also having help speeds things up.
As Drusella, Caladir, and Arvis all three have these feats does this mean only one of them can work on theirs in a night?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:48 am As Drusella, Caladir, and Arvis all three have these feats does this mean only one of them can work on theirs in a night?
Right, If Drusella makes potions, f Caladir beseeches Navmara, if Arvis mixes the elements, that's all the crew will be doing during the rest period.

The trade off is that the spell effect will last all day instead of 'one scene'. You make a healing potion? you have enough for all day. You pray for blessed protection? your goddess makes sure it lasts all day. You do arcane things? all day arcane thing.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Reva is in there when the scene happens, if you wish, Prof Weird.

Or you can post while I'm posting that you can post :lol:

Not deleting this post, but it was written not to dictate, but inform.

NOT to dictate, I meant. This poor edited post.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Actually, now that I think about it, when's everyone able to post?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Moat the day, but I usually wait untill later st night for when I can use my computer. That'll be in an hour or so ish.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Most of the day in theory. I usually keep an eye on things an post whenever I can.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Days. dropping slightly at night and some weekends.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Forgive my absence today, there were unavoidable problems out in the real world.

If all simmers down within the next few hours, I'll get back to posting. Without going into my personal life, I don't think that's going to happen. Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Thank you for your patience.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

I just realised I put Connected on Arvis instead of Contacts. I got the two mixed up. It's suppose to represent his ability to call up spirits and demons for guidance and information.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yeah, that's fine, Glyph.

Starting up again, tomorrow noon.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Quick q: is there room for 1 more or are you full?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Forwarding this on:
Miracle wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:49 am Circumstances in my life have made it not possible to be on the internet for long periods of time. I'm using this bit to tell you I will not be available until the new year. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you this earlier, but things just happened the morning of.

I apologize and understand if you're upset. Hopefully no hard feelings. January 6th will be when I'm fully available. Until then. Happy holidays and the best to you and your own.