Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

Post by Miracle »

You have just finished your training. Given your walking papers from your trainers. Gotten your gear. Where do you go next? A tavern of course. Ambershire is a small settlement where newbie adventurers flock to looking for work. It's mostly businesses and a few residences. No one stays there for long as they get someone asking them to go do things.

Unfortunately, this is the last hour of Ambershire. It has grown hedonistic with newbie adventurers too big for their britches. One night, a goblin raid razes the city. And you're their to stop it.
Now, this game will be a little more restrictive. You'll be given 75 power points for character building and 15 points for race building. There will not be a Power Level cap after character creation (you'll get stuff that will adjust it), but PL5 is what we're starting with.

Normal Races include: Human, dwarves, elves, hobbits.
Uncommon Races include: Beastfolk, Dragonfolk, Celestials, Infernals.
Other races are so rare that they'd not be allowed in town.

There will be a money system. You'll all start off with 10 gold at start. You don''t have to 'buy' anything at character creation, so you can start with armor and weapons without having to worry about the price. If you wish to have magical items at the beginning, limit it to 6-8pp.

Any questions?
Miracle wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm
Removable applies to the power as a whole and not individual effects, although it may apply to a power with only one effect. The flaw is worth –1 point (–2 points for Easily Removable) per 5 total power points of the power’s final cost, rounded up, after applying extras and flaws to its effects.
So this means you have to have 5 points before you put on removable.

1-4pp, no flaw
5-9pp, -1 removable/-2 easily removable
10-14pp, -2/-4
15-19pp, -3/-6

and so on and so on.
Characters
Arvis Dawn

Caladir Vanselli

Drusella

Reva Vanel

Stories
The Burning of Ambershire
Last edited by Miracle on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Plan b

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting)

Post by Plan b »

What can i spend my 15 race points on as a human?
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Advantages and skill points. That's what they get from the source material. Humans are short-lived, but learn quick and tend to do a lot in their short time.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

PL5 with 75 points and 15 for racial huh? hmm.. tight budget for much in the way of anything flashy I guess. Are you wanting us to stick to more D&D/Pathfinder class types, or are we free to pull from other inspirations?

Also, what would a dragonfolk entail exactly? Anything like this;

(Source: Au Ra from Final Fantasy XIV)
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Miracle wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 am There will be a money system. You'll all start off with 10 gold at start. You don''t have to 'buy' anything at character creation, so you can start with armor and weapons without having to worry about the price.
I assume you mean normal equipment. Would you allow magical equipment as devices, or are we too low level? (the equivalent of Ancestral Weapon trait). Maybe with a cap of something like no more than 6pp in 'magic gear'?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yeah, I'm drawing inspiration from what big names, that doesn't mean you can't draw inspiration from elsewhere. The setting will be pseudo-Medieval Europe. I do expect outliers in a system that allows you to build anything :lol:

Dragonfolk, like Beastfolk, come in many different varieties. some are men walking around with dragon scales and dragon heads. Others could look like what you presented.

I can't say I've played Final Fantasy XIV before. So, I don't know what the dragon race is like there.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm
Miracle wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 am There will be a money system. You'll all start off with 10 gold at start. You don''t have to 'buy' anything at character creation, so you can start with armor and weapons without having to worry about the price.
I assume you mean normal equipment. Would you allow magical equipment as devices, or are we too low level? (the equivalent of Ancestral Weapon trait). Maybe with a cap of something like no more than 6pp in 'magic gear'?
Yes, normal equipment. I didn't even think about starting with magical equipment! 6-8pp sounds about right, if you wish to have magical stuff at the beginning. I shall make it so!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Miracle wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm Yeah, I'm drawing inspiration from what big names, that doesn't mean you can't draw inspiration from elsewhere. The setting will be pseudo-Medieval Europe. I do expect outliers in a system that allows you to build anything :lol:

Dragonfolk, like Beastfolk, come in many different varieties. some are men walking around with dragon scales and dragon heads. Others could look like what you presented.

I can't say I've played Final Fantasy XIV before. So, I don't know what the dragon race is like there.
I mainly meant in appearance rather than direct draw from Final Fantasy lore on them. For building, I would think just some enhanced attributes, natural armor maybe a magical attunement or sensitivity
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Is riding an animal considered vehicles or athletics?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm giving some thought as to what I'll design for this, have a few things in mind.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 pm Is riding an animal considered vehicles or athletics?
Either or.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Any questions?
By this do you mean we need to spend normal equipment Advantages for these things?
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Any questions?
By this do you mean we need to spend normal equipment Advantages for these things?
Yes, at character creation you buy Equipment. Once you're done with that, you'll have what you have. You'll also have some cash. It'll be mostly for lodging and food and other things, but maybe you find enough loot to buy something with your money.

Now here's the thing. If you buy it with money and its not bought with points, it's kind of a free gift which is subject to harshness. If you get some points and buy it, well, it's yours. It's part of your character and thus not subject to abuse without a hero point.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Color me keen!

Here is my dwarf monk, I used the 15 points for dwarven immunity and dwarven traits.

Name: Muzdum Firebelly Height 1.4 mts
Skin: Tatooed Weight 180kg
Hair: Red Race Dwarf
Eyes: Black Age: 68

Peace and contemplation is what being monk is all about. But Muzdum didn't care about those things, he wanted to fight! He wanted to become the best brawler there is. His clan, the firebelly, were a famous clan among the dwarves, specially for their temper and violence prone behaviour. Warrior training was good and all, but there was a weakness, in Muzdum's eyes. You needed to become a master of a weapon. A weapon that if is missing, you become a master of nothing. So he realized, among beer drunken stupor, looking down at his blood soaked fists after yet another tavern brawl, that one's hands are the best weapon there is.

He was more than shocked when he found out there were a bunch of crazy humans making his idea a religion and training for years towards making his ideal true! Leaving all behind, Muzdum embarked on a quest to become one of these crazy "monks" as they called themselves. His clan wouldn't forgive the offence, and branded him traitor of the dwarven traditions, and an enemy to the clan. Muzdum couldn't care less.

Once he got there he realized the training at the monk's temple was much harder than he thought, and that there weren't as many fist fights as he expected! So as usual he got violent, and the master of the temple had to beat him up. And Muzdum couldn't be happier! If by doing all that meditation nonsense, you could get THAT strong, then he would endure it, he would become the meanest, most hard hitting monk in the history of dwarven monks, which he presumed, was pretty short.

After years of training, he finally managed to control his inner energy and channel it into his fists. He was even able to master the healing touch! Although he was quite disappointed to learn it only worked on others. Non the less, a handy trick for a good team tavern brawl. And that was he was going to have that night, at Ambershire's tavern, after a week of travelling, when a horde of goblins threatened to destroy the city. Even worst, destroy the tavern, and spoil his fun. He wouldn't have none of that.

Complications
Firebelly clan: Consdered a traitor to the clan, Muzdum might have to fight his way out of potential encounters with his brethren.
Monk after all : Some of the teachings of the monks actually made their way to Muzdum's subconscious mind. He would give his enemies a fair match and that might represent a problem in some occasions.
Fight fight fight: A good fist fight is all Muzdum needs to feel happy, and if that means starting one over the least important discussion, oh boy. Even better!

Abilities ( 36 pp)
Strength 4 , Stamina 6 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 4 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 2 .

Powers ( 34 pp)
- Ki Strike ( Strength Effect : Multiattack, Secondary effect, Subtle 1, Accurate ) · 12 point/s
- Stunning fist ( AP: Affliction 6 : Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated. Cumulative. Fort resisted ) · 1 point/s
- Concentrated Ki beam ( Strength Effect : Increase range 1, accurate 3, subtle 1) · 1 point/s

- Monk speed ( Speed 5) · 5 point/s

- Dwarven immunity ( Immunity : Magic (common descriptor), disease, poison. Half effect ) · 6 point/s
- Dwarven traits ( Enhanced traits : Stamina +3, Advantages: Diehard, Favoured environment mountains, Great endurance ) · 9 point/s

Advantages ( 6 pp)
Improved critical (Ki strike) 1 , Improved defence 1 , Improved smash 1 , Power attack 1 , Weapon break 1 , Diehard, Favoured environment Mountains, Great endurance, Takedown.

Skills ( 11 pp)

Acrobatics 2 (+ 4 ), Deception 0 (+ -2 ), Athletics 2 (+ 6 ), Insight 4 (+ 7 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ -2 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 4 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 7 ), Intimidation 0 (+ -2 ), Investigation 6 (+ 8 ), Stealth 2 (+ 2 ), Language: Dwarven, Common

Offence
Initiative: 2
Ki Strike + 6 Attack for DC: 19 Range: close
Stunning Fist + 4 Attack for DC: 16 Range: close
Concentrated Ki beam + 6 Attack for DC: 19 Range: ranged
Grab + 4 Attack for DC: 14 Range: close

Defence ( 3 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4
Dodge: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Will: Rank ( 1 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4
Last edited by Camus on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Navmara's light guide you, friend."
PL 5
Name: Caladir Vanselli
Alignment NG
Height + Weight: 6'2", 160lbs
Ethnicity/Nationality: Elf, of the Eastern Province
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unblemished features, a clasp depicting religious symbology.
Languages: Human, Elvish
-------------------------------------
Biography:
Elves are well renown for their long, ancient lifespans extending into the dozens of centuries. Children however are not nearly as rare in Elven society as one might believe. After all, the average elf tends to live little longer then a century in the violent and plague ridden society of the modern era. Caladir was one such elven child, born to lowly dockhand of a populous human city.

He sought out priesthood as a young boy in an effort to help his family and make them proud, scrapping up the coin himself in whatever way he could before finally leaving home for the clergy. His training lasted for years, with him occasionally sending small purses of coin back to his parents from the earnings he received by helping out around the church.

He learned a great deal about the goddess Navmara, the Warm Light, the redeemer and the savior. Once a mortal girl cut down before her twentieth birthday, her spirit had sought out her murder with vengeance in mind. But she instead chose to spare the man upon seeing him for who he was, and worked to bring him from the darkness. And when she felt him ready, she sought out another misguided soul. It was only over time that she started to swell with belief birthing the seed of divinity within her, until she one day emerged as a True God in a climatic event.

That story had entranced him from the moment he heard it spun, inspiring him to become an even better man and to bring that same warmth and salvation to others around him. Upon finally being graduated from his tutelage under his masters, he worked on those grounds for another five years before departing to spread his goddess's goodwill on his own.

Complications
Motivation: Doing Good Caladir has a pure soul at his heart, and wished to help those who need it in any way he could provide. Be it his healing light, spiritual guidance, a sword pressed against monsters, or even unskilled labor. He'll be pleased with the simple revelation that he helped to make the world a better place, one day at a time.

Elven Stereotypes Most people picture elves as being century old forest dwellers with with a love of archery and wizardy. Dwarves in particular tend to be very annoyed with the fact that not a single one of them seems to appreciate the burn of booze like the stoutfolk do. There are even unfounded rumors that elvenkind is especially promiscuous with humanity. Caladir is neither an archer or a mage, nor is he a lover of trees or even other beings at all having taken a vow of chastity.

Merciful While not foolish enough to believe he can save every man or woman who comes at him with a weapon, Caladir possesses a healthy amount of sympathy. He will always try to accept the surrender of a defeated opponent, and he tries hard to find ways to avoid needless death.

Priest of Navmara As a member of his god's clergy, he is expected to carry out her will and respond to his church's call. On a day to day basis, he must merely seek to spread the word and good nature of the goddess Navmara in whatever way he can.

Abilities: 2+4+2+2+4+4+8+0= 26
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1
Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages 11
Assesment, Diehard, Evasion, Inspire, Equipment 2, luck 2, Ritualist, Trance, Ultimate effort (Healing), Atractive 1 languages 1(Elvish)

Skills 10(20)
Acrobatics 4 (+6), CC: Swordsmanship 4 (+6), Expertise: Theology 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 2+4(+10), Treatment 6(+8)

Powers 17

Holy Power: 17
..Healing Touch: Stabalizing Persistant Healing 6 14+3
....Burst of Life: Stabalizing Peristant Burst area healing 4 14/14
....Restoration: Persistant Restorative Healing 4 13/14
....Cleric's Pick me up: Persistant Energizing Healing 4 13/14

Elven Physiology: 3+3+8+1=15 Racial
..Everlasting Body: Immunity 2 (Aging, Sleep) half-effect, Immunity 1(alcohol), Enhanced Traits 1 (Attractive 1) 3
..Natural Grace: Enanced Skills 2(+4 Acrobatics), Physical Quickness 2 3
..Keen Senses: Enhanced Skills 2 (+4 Perception), Senses 6 (Extended Analytical 2 Darkvision, Distance Sense) 8
..Racial Language: Languages 1 (Elvish) 1

-Elves are blessed with a natural, unaging beauty that's prepared to last until the end of time. Their natural grace is capable of performing the tasks of normal men in half the time, and make it look glorious and fluid to boot. And the eyes of an elf are adept and spotting things even far out into the night, lending credit to the archery skills they've been attributed to. It's also impossible for them to get drunk due to a particular metabolism.

Equipment 8/10

Shortsword, Damage 3, slashing, 19-20 crit 4
Chain-Mail, Protection 3, 3
Healer's Kit 1

Offense
Initiative: +2
Unarmed: +1 DC 16 Blunt damage
Shortsword: +6, DC 19 Slashing Damage, 19-20 crit

Defense 4+3+2+2= 11
Dodge 4 (+5), Parry 3 (+5), Fortitude 2 (+4), Toughness 3 (+5), Will 2 (+6)

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 17 + Advantages 11 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 75

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."