Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting until 25th)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:42 pm
Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm Caladir

You add up.

Analytical 2 is for whole senses, like visual, not for one type, like Darkvision.
Yeah, I know that. I merely listed all that describe his whole range of his vision. Unless I should be listing darkvision separate, like distance sense?
No, that's fine. It read like it was just dark vision getting the enhancements.
Ahhh, I see. Everything all good then?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting until 25th)

Post by Miracle »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:46 pm Ahhh, I see. Everything all good then?
That it is, Doc.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Regarding Human language. It's not Common/Trade. Humans of this world speak the same language (thanks, gods!). There may be different dialects and colloquialisms in different areas, but it all groks the same. Common/Trade is a mishmash of languages. Simple stuff that everyone can understand.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm Regarding Human language. It's not Common/Trade. Humans of this world speak the same language (thanks, gods!). There may be different dialects and colloquialisms in different areas, but it all groks the same. Common/Trade is a mishmash of languages. Simple stuff that everyone can understand.
Ah - that would be one that Reva should know (given her dad's a tinker and she's a merc).
Can replace Close Attack with Language : Common/Trade, since Close Attack really doesn't help that much (melee +5 vs melee +4).
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Up to you, Prof!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 pm I don't get it. :(
Everything is perfectly normal ;)
Ah, so no concerns with the favored environment or anything else? I may shift a point to take common/trade, I imagine its good for gathering information, and on that note, I should a fully shift her focus from intimidation to persuasion for said gathering of information. The intimidation was from a previous idea of the dusk knights being more dark or dread knights that sort of phased out into the dark but heroic types they ended up in my head. Her rank of benefit is really just so she can request aid from any dusk knights they happen across or any outposts. They aren't a huge organization, mostly single knight errants roaming, but they would have small manned posts in larger cities to aid their people when passing through with shelter, supplies and information.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm Arvis
Glyph wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 pmEach spell has the check required flaw (Magic Check) which is a flat -1 point for the base DC10 roll and for each +1 to the DC
Please no. If you want wild/untrained magic like that, put Unreliable on it. Heck for a 'treat' you could give it a complication that if it fails something 'happens'
Righto. I'll see what I can do to restructure the spells.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We get one language for free, correct?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm Drusella

On your Darkness, you have Attack listed as +1, it's +0.

Leaves you with 2 more racial points.
Great catch!
I made it 5 uses rather than the more severe (but more true to source) 1/day. To do anything other would have meant the effect (via Fades) lasted a much shorter duration.

Also, with a dedicated arcane character I took a few points out of Expertise Arcane and switched them to Deception so that they could be our true expert in that area.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

ok, spells restructured, only about half of them are unreliable now, and I've made his defences a spell in that list (I needed to points) so he now has the option to turtle up and rely on his staff or cast the big spells but leave himself open... had an extra point left over so I replaced his aging immunity with a couple of 1 point cantrips.

Let me know if there are any issues with my changes.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 pm Also, with a dedicated arcane character I took a few points out of Expertise Arcane and switched them to Deception so that they could be our true expert in that area.
I would have been happy to share the title as head magic nerd and been the Tony Stark to your Bruce Banner(Or vis versa). Thanks for the consideration though :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We're still two brainiacs, but now with more varied areas of expertise.

Whew, defense IN your offense array. You live dangerously, Sir. Truly the definition of 'Glass Cannon'.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, he wouldn't be a wizard if he wasn't squishy. ;p
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Wouldn't be an adventure without a little risk ^_^

UNLIMITED COSMIC POWER!!!!! itty bitty toughness check.

Edit-Turns out the Wards were over by a point. Tweaked to add an Move Action Activation, so it's more of a spell and less of a resting state as it would only require a free action to switch.
Last edited by Glyph on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm Mudzum

You're missing 15 points. 75 character, 15 racial.

Does he not speak any other language than Dwarven?

"Concentrated Ki Beam" needs a Quirk that his hair turns yellow. No, it doesn't :lol:'
Super Muzdum uses Kamehameha!
So you mean we actually had 90 points???
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Camus wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:28 am
Miracle wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm Mudzum

You're missing 15 points. 75 character, 15 racial.

Does he not speak any other language than Dwarven?

"Concentrated Ki Beam" needs a Quirk that his hair turns yellow. No, it doesn't :lol:'
Super Muzdum uses Kamehameha!
So you mean we actually had 90 points???
Yup.