New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Well, last week really sucked.
Got sent off on a work trip.
As per normal it involved getting up at 3 AM to get on a plane at 6 so I could sit on the tarmac for two hours, then spend my day in a hotbox listening to why all of our of our plans, which had been approved by all parties weeks ago, now couldn't happen, and then working until nearly 8 PM.

Yup. The second day was the worst though.

Got up for the Sandman Inn's complimentary breakfast.
But they don't serve scrambled eggs, sausages or bacon anymore, like they used to.

Your options are now: cold (thawing) French toast, oatmeal or cereal.
Then we didn't go for lunch so I didn't have anything to eat or drink since breakfast

The place was a sauna at 30 C and above (or 86 for you in the states) and I spent three hours banging my head against BMO cheque scanners because one of the biggest banks in Canada needs to use early 2000's scanner tech on an abandoned internet browser. I'm not bitter at all (I'm super bitter. I was sitting next to a normal scanner the entire day)

After a painful day we finally get out of the office at 7:30 pm, nearly twelver hours after we stop. And I'm hyped because I'm dealing with heat exhaustion, normal exhaustion, and hunger... and my coworker who rented the car beelines for the hotel.
He feels sick.

Dammit.

So I am in the bathroom guzzling water so I can walk to a restaurant to order the most expensive meal they have. Because I'm hungry, I'm mad, and I don't get overtime :roll:
And, oh good... the only place I can go to that is still open closes at 9. I have an hour an ten minutes before I miss out on dinner. And I made the mistake of not taking the keys for the car.

But I get down there, frantically eat my dinner and walk back.
In the rain. 😒

Yup. My whole week kind of went like that.
Then on Friday I got home, and cleaned the house in a panic because the inlaws were coming.
And on Saturday I had to drive three hours to be a bartender for a wedding. I don't drink, so you can imagine how well that went.
And if you're wondering "why would I agree to that on a day I knew the inlaws were coming" I just point to unexpected family obligations.

But hey, at least I manage to have a few silly run ins:

Helped out some ladies downstairs. They go upstairs for training. I get called up to fix a computer They're working on by the instructor.
"Oh. Hey. You are following us. That's... kind of creepy." -Lady
::Superman pose with hands on hips:: "Kind of creepy is what I do!" -Me

Waiting to get off the plane, this girl standing in the aisle next to me give a little yelp, jumps, and turns to give me the look of death.
Then the little asian lady behind her, impatient to get off the plane, steps forward and jabbed her right in the butt with her purse again. :lol:

Michuru wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:38 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:46 am Lex’s girl gets everyone in trouble.
All girls get everyone in trouble.

Though, I tend to be a magnet for abusive and/or manipulative women, so... a normal person’s mileage may vary...
Kirstie seems to be a trouble magnet. Or is it just Lex?

My experience with women tends to be that they don't really communicate very well. My first few relationships ended poorly as they wanted something and never bothered to say anything.

Amusingly I'm still running into this problem with my wife.
I've had her apologize for being cranky with me, only to have to tell her that I hadn't even realized she was cranky :lol:

McGuffin wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:56 pm But I can't complain too much, I've found one of the good ones, even if her taste in people to associate with can be terrible (I mean she puts up with me :p )
My wife has the same failing.
And I intend to enjoy every minute it takes her to realize she can do better and kick my butt to the curb ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

You think that's bad? I had to go to two separate kids' birthday parties on Saturday and ended up eating way too much pizza and barbecue. :D
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm planning my revenge, Shock.
And it will be evil.

First I'm going to load up your kids with pop and candy, then give them a set of foam swords, then lock them in your house with a brand new puppy of the destructive-high-energy variety. :twisted:

I mean, seriously, if that's not enough to demolish most of your house I'm going to be shocked at kids these days ;~)

Shock

Post by Shock »

Aside from the puppy, that's a normal Tuesday ;)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:37 pm Aside from the puppy, that's a normal Tuesday ;)
Quoted for truth.

Besides, what Arkrite's describing is basically a Friday afternoon during the school year.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

A few years ago, this took a couple of 3 year-olds 5 minutes, no stimulants required.

EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Is that why Michuru is AWOL?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm
Shock wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:37 pm Aside from the puppy, that's a normal Tuesday ;)
Quoted for truth.

Besides, what Arkrite's describing is basically a Friday afternoon during the school year.
... Your kids get candy, pop, weapons, and free reign to fight in the house?
I can't decide if I was underprivileged or your kids are spoiled :lol:

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Is that why Michuru is AWOL?
Either that or the earth swallowed him again and he's currently fighting subterranean mole-men while helping the mysterious princess regain her kingdom and find his way home.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 am
Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm
Quoted for truth.

... Your kids get candy, pop, weapons, and free reign to fight in the house?
I can't decide if I was underprivileged or your kids are spoiled :lol:
Probably the latter. :D

I'm the Dad who gave his girls foam swords & Nerf blasters then proceed to play several rounds of "War Games" - which basically amounted to the 2 girls teaming up against me in a multi-room fight across the house & back. Once that got boring we took it outside and apparently gave my neighbors a very entertaining show.

Arkrite wrote:
Either that or the earth swallowed him again and he's currently fighting subterranean mole-men while helping the mysterious princess regain her kingdom and find his way home.
Or busy going out on dates.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 am I'm the Dad who gave his girls foam swords & Nerf blasters then proceed to play several rounds of "War Games" - which basically amounted to the 2 girls teaming up against me in a multi-room fight across the house & back. Once that got boring we took it outside and apparently gave my neighbors a very entertaining show.
That is the bar being set super high, people.

Wow, I would have settled for my Dad playing catch with me! :lol:

Not to give the wrong idea about my Dad, he's an awesome dude and I love him, but our interests and hobbies are about as far from each other's as possible.

Arkrite wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah, that's in Chapters 8, 17, 26 and 44.
32 barely counts because it's the evil goblin queen leading him into a trap.
Fortunately his disdain for bright red hair puts him on guard long enough to escape certain death by diving off a waterfall into the depths below.

Seriously though, I prefer that option to "eaten by earth again"
Though I wonder if it's his new job just keeping him busy.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Arkrite wrote:
Arkrite wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 am
Arkrite wrote: Either that or the earth swallowed him again and he's currently fighting subterranean mole-men while helping the mysterious princess regain her kingdom and find his way home.
Yeah, that's in Chapters 8, 17, 26 and 44.
32 barely counts because it's the evil goblin queen leading him into a trap.
Fortunately his disdain for bright red hair puts him on guard long enough to escape certain death by diving off a waterfall into the depths below.

Seriously though, I prefer that option to "eaten by earth again"
Though I wonder if it's his new job just keeping him busy.
I prefer to imagine he's kicked mole-man butt. And will bring us pictures.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I'd prefer pictures of the mysterious princess rather than moleman butt. :P although maybe she's a moleman princess?

In all seriousness I too suspect it's the new job, starting at a new place can be timeconsuming.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Shock

Post by Shock »

McGuffin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 pm although maybe she's a moleman princess?
Mindy Moleford?

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I have to admit to never having watched the Tick but of course it'd have an answer to that. :D
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Well I've got title for Lex's next song.
Just not sure in which order the two lines should be.
But probably:

Did you ever love me? (The truth is ugly)

Seems to fit better that way... though the title, as as song, would probably work better in reverse?
Hmm...