New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hmmm... good point, I had envisioned a heat from it. I'll rework.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 pm Before I reply, flynn... I just want to make sure there's no misunderstanding: Domingo's aura and body are both hellfire--heatless flame. If you're wanting to stunt a dazzle, that's cool, I just didn't know if you were looking to have Martin's scientific mind try to test how hellfire reacts to substances normal flames would react, or what.

Also, EO, you'll need to rework your post. Dennis doesn't know anything about the sniper. The information he got from the group is: "Imago, Missus Gonzalez is in the trunk of a car parked in front of Plaza Trascorrales, number fourteen. Get her out of there and contact us, we're going to Calle Jesus, number thirteen. He left us something else as well." He doesn't know Mateo's name, or why Mateo is doing this.
And he heard the sniper's reluctance. My idea was that he was making an educated guess here.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 pm Before I reply, flynn... I just want to make sure there's no misunderstanding: Domingo's aura and body are both hellfire--heatless flame. If you're wanting to stunt a dazzle, that's cool, I just didn't know if you were looking to have Martin's scientific mind try to test how hellfire reacts to substances normal flames would react, or what.
It took a bit of research but Martin's Dazzle is now two Compounds that could still blind Martin if his timing (attack roll) was off.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I has a question. Can Kas detect Domingo? While defined in Ultimate Power as a mental sense, Kas's spatial awareness is sort of dependent on whatever it is he's "looking at" interacting with the material world in some way. Certain energies, like fire can be detected because they interact energetically with the environment, but Hellfire isn't like normal fire, having none of the standard hallmarks of combustion.

I just got to thinking...it's possible Kas can't perceive Domingo in his current form. So for when my turn rolls around I sort of am curious to know what Kas will sense, or not sense as the case may be.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Joseph's not doing much to help his chances of surviving the night
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I editted so that Martin is flinging two chemicals that react with each other to create a blinding flash, (timing so that the chemicals hit each other in midair in front of his face); no need for Domingo's heat.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Shock wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 am Joseph's not doing much to help his chances of surviving the night
Hmm mind control springs to mind or he is just that big a tool.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 am Joseph's not doing much to help his chances of surviving the night
My goal was to establish Joseph and Domingo as villains for the Blue Knight--people who were dangerous in their own ways and created mysteries to solve. Digging into Joseph would have revealed a history of going from therapist to therapist and a litany of behavioral drugs he was prescribed, indicating that he had some issues he was working with. The ultimate goal being that his dad--a prisoner in Row 64--suffers from mental illness and some of his kids have inherited this.

It's established that Joseph's biological father fathered several kids through this program. I have plans for you to meet at least two more people with air control down the line--which will pull Lex, Martin, and and NPC into the story given their dealings with their teammates.
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 am I editted so that Martin is flinging two chemicals that react with each other to create a blinding flash, (timing so that the chemicals hit each other in midair in front of his face); no need for Domingo's heat.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Not a problem. I saw the edit to make it two chemicals, but then saw it said reacting to the flames and wanted to be sure. I'll mark him as blinded and proceed from there. Thanks, sir!
Gilliam wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 amHmm mind control springs to mind or he is just that big a tool.
Oh, Joseph isn't being mind controlled... but his two half-sisters are... ;)
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm
Avalon Academy?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 pm
Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm
Avalon Academy?
:)
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

And now rereading Violet's threat, this is popping into my head. Hopefully Joseph has more restraint :twisted:

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:53 pm And now rereading Violet's threat, this is popping into my head. Hopefully Joseph has more restraint :twisted:

I always laugh at this...because it's accurate.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

And just so I'm certain I didn't miss anything...the group facing off against Domingo is waiting on all the npc's before we get back to Lex, right?

That's what it appears but I want to make sure.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Darn, I was going to post that comic but I got distracted by work and forgot.
And, yes, that was the exact same thing that popped into my mind when Violet made that threat.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 pm Darn, I was going to post that comic but I got distracted by work and forgot.
And, yes, that was the exact same thing that popped into my mind when Violet made that threat.
I gave you plenty of time. I was going to post it yesterday and forgot too