New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:18 am Well I've got title for Lex's next song.
Just not sure in which order the two lines should be.
But probably:

Did you ever love me? (The truth is ugly)

Seems to fit better that way... though the title, as as song, would probably work better in reverse?
Hmm...
Is this one you wrote or borrowing from an existing one. I swear it sounds familiar.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Borrowing, because I am a hack ;~)

It is a line from the song Drifter by Falling In Reverse.
Their line goes "I know the truth is ugly, did you truly ever love me?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

So now it's approaching a month since Michuru has last shown. Hope he's all right.
Games
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I think he's really busy with his new job, he's been posting on social media.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm I think he's really busy with his new job, he's been posting on social media.
Good to know.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sheesh, I was starting to get worried that he was in a hospital somewhere.
Glad to hear he's doing okay.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm I think he's really busy with his new job, he's been posting on social media.
Tell him he ought to stop by and say Hi occasionally ;}
Shock

Post by Shock »

I didn't know where else to share this and I was so hyped when I he was at Terrificon at Mohegan Sun yesterday

FLASH!

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Whoa, nice! 8-)
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Did anyone lose something? A GM? About 6’4”? 240 lbs.? Bald? Answers to Mich?

Sorry for the (really) prolonged absence. Real life kicked my ass in ways you can’t even begin to imagine. I’ve seen enough hospital waiting rooms and funeral homes lately to last a lifetime. I might be jinxing myself, but… here’s to hoping things have settled down a lot.

Anyone up for rolling some dice?
Arkrite wrote:
EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Is that why Michuru is AWOL?
Either that or the earth swallowed him again and he's currently fighting subterranean mole-men while helping the mysterious princess regain her kingdom and find his way home.
Or busy going out on dates.
[/quote]

If only! I need to get back into that, but... Okay, so, one of the things that's been going on... I was seeing someone. She ended things a few months back. No problem. I moved on. I tried to do the whole Tinder thing. I did meet this one woman... Beautiful doctor. Boring as all get out. Getting her to talk was like pulling teeth. Anyway, one night, I'm flipping through and I come across someone I recognize, but I can't place from where... I spend way to much time trying to figure this out and then it hits me: her picture was all over the cubicle of the guy who trained me, as in... it's his wife.

I spend the rest of the night trying to figure out how to handle this. Sure, they could just have an open relationship, but what if she's doing this behind his back? If it were me, I'd want to know... but we're not close. We butted heads once or twice, due to my having a work ethic and him, well, not. I don't feel like I'm really the person he would want to hear this from, so... the next day, I go into work. It's Saturday. Fewer people are there. One of the leads is there. I explain it to her. She looks at the picture. She says it's definitely his wife and says she'll tell him what's up. She asks me to text her screen caps of it so that she can forward them to him.

By Monday, he's out of the apartment. His wife and the kid are still there. Dude is walking around in a fugue. He can't focus on his job, so he's temporarily moved to data entry. He stops shaving. He stops bathing. For a week straight, he wears the same clothes every day. It's abundantly clear that he is seriously depressed. I try to talk to him--not about it all because... he likely doesn't know that I know. Still, my attempts to talk to him are met with cold, icy stares.

Then, the department gets an email from the head honcho that he's taking an unscheduled and indefinite leave and... well, it just keeps getting worse from there. Meanwhile, I keep catching people gossiping about it and their theories as to what's going on--some are close to being right and some are pretty far off--and meanwhile I'm just sitting there knowing what's going on and feeling responsible for it. Sure, I get that I didn't do anything--his wife did--but in my head, I'm the one who exposed it all to him. I feel guilty. Like... maybe it would have been better if he hadn't found out what was going on.

For the time being, I've sworn off dating. I mean, it's one thing to constantly inflict strife on imaginary teenagers, but this is something completely different...
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

On the one hand, glad you're back.

On the other, poor guy. I say it is not your fault. The lead after all, she agreed he should know. My sense, however inaccurate it may be, is that he's just not wanting to talk about personal hurts with you because as you stated, the two of you don't get along anyway.

Let's roll dice and get your mind off it.
Games
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Oof, that's damn heavy. It probably hurts a lot for him, but knowing sooner rather than later is better in my non-expert opinion. You did right, but the rest's out of your hands.

I'm really glad to have you back, rolling some dice sounds good to me.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Glad you're back. I'll bump the IC.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Welcome back sorry to hear about what happen but personally I think it is was the right thing that the guy was told.
Shock

Post by Shock »

First: Welcome back Mich. Tough situation you were in and I'm not sure there's a "right" answer. You had good intentions and that's what really counts.

Second: When you say "everyone in the cafeteria", you mean those that Martin was targeting right? Though it would be funny if everyone but Martin was knocked out and woke up an hour later with a headache and no idea what happened :lol: