New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm I have an observation. With a DC 23 Toughness hit, delivered by say Jack, and the invocation of a Villain Point, that would ensure a full KO of Other Martin. We can have him contained, and have the whole revelation/Hannibal Lecter stuff proceed as planned.
I'm not certain how this would work. Maybe I don't understand what Villain Points are?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm
EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm I have an observation. With a DC 23 Toughness hit, delivered by say Jack, and the invocation of a Villain Point, that would ensure a full KO of Other Martin. We can have him contained, and have the whole revelation/Hannibal Lecter stuff proceed as planned.
I'm not certain how this would work. Maybe I don't understand what Villain Points are?
From the Oubliette setting thread:
Michuru wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:26 pm House Rule: Villain Points
The party can collectively earn Villain Points they can use to force the GM to roll a 1 on any dice roll. Villain Points are earned whenever the GM is a lazy bastard who fails to post anything for 48 hours. At any given time, any of the players may announce that they are using a Villain Point and for what purpose. For instance, if they are engaged in a battle with an NPC and attack them, they can use a point to make that character roll a 1 on that character’s saving throw (all other bonuses to the roll are still applied). They can also use a Villain Point to designate that an NPC’s next attack roll is a natural 1 (thus, an automatic miss). This does not mean Villain Points are limited only to attack rolls and saving throws: skill checks, grapple checks, recovery checks--anything requiring a dice roll can be effected.

The GM cannot fiat to reroll a dice any player has used a Villain Point on.

There are only three caveats to using a Villain Point: 1) Villain Points cannot be used in the first two rounds of combat (it would be anti-climatic if we entered into a fight and the big bad was knocked out in a single punch right from the get-go); 2) once a player has used a Villain Point, that particular player cannot use another until at least two other players have (thus preventing any one person from burning through the party’s points themselves); 3) only one Villain Point may be used per encounter.

Any player in the game may use a Villain Point, regardless of whether or not their character is in the scene in question. For instance, if Lex, Martin, and Otso are fighting Argus, Jack’s player can announce that he is using a Villain Point to make Argus fail his next saving throw immediately after Lex lands an attack on him—regardless of where Jack currently is in the story.

There is no limit to the number of Villain Points the group can have stocked up.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oh. Neat.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Can't be used until turn 3 but it would be interesting to see how Other Martin reacts to defeat, especially if it's Our Martin that manages to do it.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm Can't be used until turn 3 but it would be interesting to see how Other Martin reacts to defeat, especially if it's Our Martin that manages to do it.
Probably poorly. :D
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Side note: I know he's likely beating everyone there, but I need an initiative from Lex when you get a chance, Arky.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Sent PM, Mich.

My apologies for sidetracking the mission everyone.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 pm Sent PM, Mich.

My apologies for sidetracking the mission everyone.
No worries. You voiced a concern about how you play your character, that's never a problem.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Mich, I gotta hand out some props to you for being willing to discuss this with your players and for the lengths you go to when we screw things up for you. Many GMs would have just said "he was too fast" and kept things moving.

And flynn, no need to apologize for being true to your character. And arguably, if anything you're fast-tracking the mission by getting us right to the fight ;}
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Happy B-Day, T-Man
Shock

Post by Shock »

Happy birthday T-man! :D
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Happy Birthday T-Man
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Thanks everyone, there was much cake & fun had!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.