New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by McGuffin »

I always figured Tallemaja's thing with Dag was that he was useful to have around as a particularly sharp second set of eyes to watch her back.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm
Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:41 pm I've always wanted to see a power duplicator come along and copy the powers of somebody that requires an extreme amount of training or still and just flat out fail to use the powers at a useful level ;~)
Talemaja was a power duplicator. She could change herself to the genetic/chemical degree and get powers from it. That may be an indicator of what Martin can do... for example, Talemaja was limited to Enchanting/Mind magic. If other forms of magic were possible to be granted by just changing genetic code then she would have an Aurelius's power I'm sure so there must be a 'soul' component to magic. Same thing with her needing Dag's sensing ability so inherited Aesir abilities might not duplicable, which, by extension, means Aesir abilities are likely not duplicable.
Since Dag's sensory powers were passed down from his father I think that part would be something Tallemaha could duplicate. The immortal part? Not So much.
McGuffin wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm I always figured Tallemaja's thing with Dag was that he was useful to have around as a particularly sharp second set of eyes to watch her back.
This is more my personal take on why she manipulated him - a honry, lonely teenaged boy will always watch out for his first serious girlfriend. It gave her one less thing to worry about.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Dunno. I like to THINK that the Aesir abilities and propensity for magic go beyond mere genetics. Like there's a certain flavor of soul that gets passed down.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Mine is lemon flavored."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Michuru wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm Side note: my place of employment has its own gym, and I have taken to running during my lunch breaks. I just hit a new personal best for the mile: 11:06. I couldn’t even do that in high school.

If I die now, you all know why.
So I thought to myself, "You know, I should try that out and see if I can manage that."

Only one problem, I can't tell if the treadmill is measuring in Miles or KM. I looked up the instruction manual, it helpfully states "it can measure in Miles or KM".
And never tells you how to change it, or how to tell which one it's currently set at.

So if I manage it, it's in miles. If I can't? It's in KM! ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm Dunno. I like to THINK that the Aesir abilities and propensity for magic go beyond mere genetics. Like there's a certain flavor of soul that gets passed down.
If that was the case, I would think that being an O'Shae would also be a spiritual thing rather than merely genetic.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:43 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm Dunno. I like to THINK that the Aesir abilities and propensity for magic go beyond mere genetics. Like there's a certain flavor of soul that gets passed down.
If that was the case, I would think that being an O'Shae would also be a spiritual thing rather than merely genetic.
Good point. But Mich was clear than O'Shae wasn't a mage. Only using a magic spell [Somehow] to reinforce his own genetic-based NS abilities.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 am
Good point. But Mich was clear than O'Shae wasn't a mage. Only using a magic spell [Somehow] to reinforce his own genetic-based NS abilities.
It sounded like a lesser ritual that didn't require awakening magical potential.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 am

It sounded like a lesser ritual that didn't require awakening magical potential.
This last part is how it sounded to me. Basically Robor has a few ranks in Knowledge (Magic) & the Ritualist Feat.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 am

This last part is how it sounded to me. Basically Robor has a few ranks in Knowledge (Magic) & the Ritualist Feat.
Bingo. Robor knows about Magic and he can practice it out of a book. In the heat of battle, he doesn't have the chops to start slinging spells, though. He could, if he ever had the patience to just learn to do it properly, but Seamus really isn't the sort of guy who likes to wait for results.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Michuru wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:41 am
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 am

Bingo. Robor knows about Magic and he can practice it out of a book. In the heat of battle, he doesn't have the chops to start slinging spells, though. He could, if he ever had the patience to just learn to do it properly, but Seamus really isn't the sort of guy who likes to wait for results.
No, really? I'd have never guessed. ;) :D
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Own goal, boys, own goal.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

“flynnarrel” wrote:Mich, you wrote this like it was an unalienable thing. If you need this to happen I understand, but do the players have a chance to intervene?
Sorry! I was mostly just trying to speed things along to get to the next thing... We can absolutely allow intervention.

Roll initiatives.

Martin - Initiative: 1d20+7 21
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Of course we have the same initiative mod....
here's to hoping...
init: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25

I might recommend that, unless someone has a particular affinity to Buddy, that Martin successfully reverses his changes to Buddy, since Buddy was done second he was right next to the wayward Frenchman, but Fluxx was able to encapsulate Tatjana quick enough to prevent Martin from touching her when he realized what the spiteful transmuter was doing.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I'm good with no initiative roll. & I agree with Flynn about poor Buddy.