New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:20 pm Mich, did you miss Martin's request to Dewhurst for more information?
Nope. I had Dewhurst hang up after he fed the relevant info to Martin. Sorry, I thought I had that in my post. I’ll edit it after work.

Side note: my place of employment has its own gym, and I have taken to running during my lunch breaks. I just hit a new personal best for the mile: 11:06. I couldn’t even do that in high school.

If I die now, you all know why.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm
Shock wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:20 pm Mich, did you miss Martin's request to Dewhurst for more information?
Nope. I had Dewhurst hang up after he fed the relevant info to Martin. Sorry, I thought I had that in my post. I’ll edit it after work.

Side note: my place of employment has its own gym, and I have taken to running during my lunch breaks. I just hit a new personal best for the mile: 11:06. I couldn’t even do that in high school.

Congrats. But you must LIVE! Live because we must see Adonis and Magnus get their just desserts!
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm

If he did then *I* missed it. My apologies if so.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

“Why do you bother with such trivialities?” asked Martin. “Presuming our abilities are similar, you are effectively a god. You have no need to hide your face or protect your name.
“‘E took my beloved Emma and told me zat if I ever wanted to see ‘er again, I would do as ‘e said. Before Liz and ze Aurelius arrived, I ‘ad already transformed sixteen people into O’Shaes. I all but ‘elped to make zat man a god.”
Is New Martin really that dense?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm
“Why do you bother with such trivialities?” asked Martin. “Presuming our abilities are similar, you are effectively a god. You have no need to hide your face or protect your name.
“‘E took my beloved Emma and told me zat if I ever wanted to see ‘er again, I would do as ‘e said. Before Liz and ze Aurelius arrived, I ‘ad already transformed sixteen people into O’Shaes. I all but ‘elped to make zat man a god.”
Apparently.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Good catch, I wonder what his response would be to that.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:41 pm
Good catch, I wonder what his response would be to that.
You wouldn’t like it. :)

Martin has claimed to be 137 years old. Robor is not as long-lived, meaning that for Martin, this all transpired wel over a century ago—well enough time for someone to go through some drastic personality changes.

Over the course of the session, Martin will be revealing what put him on the course he’s on... all while revealing to this world’s Martin where he’s come from.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm curious how far New Martin's abilities can go. I assume he can change someone's powers. Can he remove the Golden Apple effect? Can he change someone's affinity to magic, such that they access a different school?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

He could probably unlock Stephen's powers (assuming he inherited the Dad's genetic predisposition to powers).
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:19 pm He could probably unlock Stephen's powers (assuming he inherited the Dad's genetic predisposition to powers).
Shhh! You’ll spoil the ending! ;)
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Did anyone else get the vibe that other Martin may have been responsible for the death of other Jack?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Amusingly enough I'm kind of laughing about other Martin.

I don't think he meant to imply he had anything to do with Jack's death, but he's so awkward that it comes out that way.
And he does seem to want to help people, but he's just very sure that his way is the correct one so he doesn't even consult people. He's arrogant.

Though if we're asking funny questions about his abilities, now I wonder if he's capable of deactivating neo-powers. Would make him pretty impressive and kind of scary.
I mean, in theory if he can alter DNA he could, in theory, splice people with multiple powers. Could result in some interesting situations.
Of course the quick easy counter to that is that getting the powers doesn't necessarily mean you can use them without extensive training.

I've always wanted to see a power duplicator come along and copy the powers of somebody that requires an extreme amount of training or still and just flat out fail to use the powers at a useful level ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

He said Jack died fighting Siegfried. Now there's a little wiggle room there in that he didn't specify it was Siegfried who killed him but I didn't detect any malice there. But his "the world will continue without you" could easily be interpreted as "stay out of my way or I'll kill you".
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Shock wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:54 pm He said Jack died fighting Siegfried. Now there's a little wiggle room there in that he didn't specify it was Siegfried who killed him but I didn't detect any malice there. But his "the world will continue without you" could easily be interpreted as "stay out of my way or I'll kill you".
More like 'I am eternal, the little people who question me will pass away in time'.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:41 pm I've always wanted to see a power duplicator come along and copy the powers of somebody that requires an extreme amount of training or still and just flat out fail to use the powers at a useful level ;~)
Talemaja was a power duplicator. She could change herself to the genetic/chemical degree and get powers from it. That may be an indicator of what Martin can do... for example, Talemaja was limited to Enchanting/Mind magic. If other forms of magic were possible to be granted by just changing genetic code then she would have an Aurelius's power I'm sure so there must be a 'soul' component to magic. Same thing with her needing Dag's sensing ability so inherited Aesir abilities might not duplicable, which, by extension, means Aesir abilities are likely not duplicable.