New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Happy Birthday TM!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

A year older, and I hope, wiser!
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Happy Birthday :D
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Many returns of the day TM! :)
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Congratz on leveling!
"Something pithy this way comes."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Happy Cakeday T-Man!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Thanks everyone.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

I am a terrible friend! Happy belated birthday, man! Three hero points to you, and yours won't reset this chapter, since we're close to the end of the session.

Sorry I've been lax about posting this week. Things have been hectic. I'll get something up soonish.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

No worries, I know you've got a lot of things going on.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

For what it's worth, this is not Domingo's first appearance. This is cobbled together from posts two years ago, during NVAE #19...
_______

ARAD, ROMANIA
It was eight and a half hours by train from Vienna to Romania’s Banat region. By the time Jack and Vlad had arrived, the sun had set, and night had fallen. Herta was called, and she joined them barely a minute later.

They were quiet as they made their way into the countryside. “They’ll be going to bed soon,” Vlad said. “We may be able to take my father while he’s sleeping. It’ll be difficult—he’s a light sleeper—but if we can do it? It’ll make our job that much easier...”

“I take it Radu has some way of summoning his kids to his side in case of a threat like we’re planning?” Jack asked. “We might want to think about countering it, too.”

“Yeah,” groaned Herta, “it’s called ‘yelling’.”

“Sue me for thinking since he’s got government connections he might have a security system.”

“He doesn’t like computers,” Vlad explained. “He said they were just a crutch—doing things for us that we could do ourselves.”

The youngest of their hit squad rolled her eyes. “I could be on the &$^@ before he has time to blink, but I don’t know what good that’ll do. I’m not strong enough to hold him—gagging him is out of the $%^# question. I can probably get in a good solid hit... but the old &$^% is tough, so it might not be enough to put him down.”

“He’s a light sleeper. He’s very alert. Sneaking up on him will be hard...”

“I’m pretty sure I could get him tied up and quiet so we can get him out of there,” offered Jack. “It’ll just take a little more time than you.”

“Good luck,” Herta said sarcastically. “No offense, but he trained us to be better fighters than you could ever hope to be, and he could still kick our asses. If you can get the drop on him? You have to take him out right then and there... because otherwise, he’s going to overpower you. He’ll escape a hold, or counter a throw, or something. Maybe the three of us together could try to overwhelm him, but once he calls in the other kids, he’ll have backup.”

“We could just take them out first,” Vlad said.

“Except he’d &$^# hear us and we’d be waving bye-bye to our element of surprise.”

Herta’s assessment of Jack’s fighting skill brought a smirk to the American’s face. “Ok, so then why don’t we give them something else to worry about? Set a fire or something? It’d cause confusion and give us an opportunity to separate him from the kids.”

Herta looked to Vlad. “I could do that. I could get some gas from the barn and start a fire.”

Vlad gave a Jack a worried look. “Fine,” he said. “Go ahead, Herta.”

Herta gave a curt nod before disappearing. Herta normally moved faster than most people could see; coupled with the darkness they were shrouded in, and she was almost invisible. There was no telling where she was now... or rather, there almost wasn’t.

Not long after Herta left their side, a gunshot rang out from the house...

Jack looked over to Vlad the moment he heard the gunshot, despite his problems with Herta the American had no interest in seeing her injured. His body changed; his muscles thickening as scales formed all over his body and his legs became cloven, while internally his ears took on the traits of a bat that allow him to view everything around him without sight. “Tell me we’re not just waiting here to wait and see what that was for?”

“Not at all,” Vlad said, bounding into action. “Merely taken aback and muttering a prayer I didn’t just get my sister killed.”

The two raced towards the house, only to see a jet of cerulean flames explode from the side. Honing in on that, they saw Herta staring strangely at the sight before them: a large, mustachioed man who fit Vlad’s description of Radu had a gun trained on someone Jack had never seen before.

He was about Jack’s height and build, with dark dark curls and a dusty complexion. Only a few years their senior, the stranger wore a dingy T-shirt and threadbare jeans with clunky work boots.

His eyes were glowing with blue flames, much like Harry’s.

As the New Vindicators came onto the scene, they watched as Radu pulled the trigger again, only for his bullet to hit a barrier of blue flames surrounding the newcomer.

Tantivy recovered quickly from the shock of seeing someone else here, doing what they had come to do. “The enemy of my enemy, right?” She took off at a run, screaming madly as she lunged for her father. She kicked her leg into his jaw, only to watch him shrug off the super-sonic strike like a gentle breeze.

The stranger appeared to emulate her movements. He wasn’t as fast as Tantivy, but he was still staggeringly fast. He was easily moving at over one-hundred miles per hour, Greystone realized. Almost instantly appearing behind Radu, the mysterious young man closed his hand around a spectral meat cleaver and brought it down between Radu’s shoulder blades, evoking a pained grunt from Vlad’s adoptive father.

Jack paused while Herta moved in to take advantage of the extra help. “Any clue who the hell this guy is Vlad?”

As the man suddenly darted around the back of Radu to strike him, Vlad’s eyes got wide. “Oh my god, Herta is a first generation Neo-Sapien! That Nephilim must be her biological father!”

Vlad was suddenly happy he’d done all that research on Nephilim when he thought he might have to resort to a nuclear option to stop Lacuna. That was a plan he’d never revealed to anyone because face it, he would be dropped into a hole so deep he’d have to look up to see hell.

“Now you want to take guesses at who he is,” Jack muttered. Still he knew what Vlad was talking about thanks to the education he’d gotten following Ellen’s second ‘event’. While he was nowhere near as fast as Herta or the Nephilim he wasn’t no slouch when it came to speed; in seconds he was in front of Radu, delivering a punch to the man’s jaw without any kind of witty remark or comment.

“One, what the &$^& is a Nephilim?” Tantivy asked. “Two, how the &$^& is this guy supposed to be my $&@^ father? What, did he have me when he was six? Seven?”

Stepping back somewhat Jack answered without looking over his shoulder. “One: folks like the Blue Knight and Maze who control hellfire of various colors. Two: maybe he was a ‘early bloomer’?”

<<“Who the hell are you kids?”>> asked the Nephilim in Spanish.

<i>Well, at least he’s not attacking us,</i> Jack thought before replying back, glad he spoke Spanish. <<“We’re part of the Vindicators. We’ve come to make this man pay for what he’s done to the children in his care.”>>

<<“I came for one of the others,”>> the stranger said, watching as Candyman bound his father up in candyfloss. <<“They have powers like mine—blue fire?”>>

No sooner had the words left his mouth than three boys came crashing into the room. Two looked a year or two younger than the New Vindicators--they looked to be about 13. One looked closer to 6 or 7. “Vlad? Herta?” one of them asked, obviously surprised by the sight before him. He recovered quickly: “Simon, du-te trezi Ilena sus. Fii rapid despre asta.”

“Nu-i așa muta dracului, puștiule!” spat Tantivy.

“DU-TE!” snapped the eldest boy.

The youngest moved to run, but Tantivy was faster. In the blink of an eye, she was behind the older two boys. The youngest had been catapulted out of the room and into the hall by the momentum of Tantivy’s blow.

It was a sight that seemed to make the mysterious Nephilim in their midst agitated. <<“He’s just a small child!”>> Gripping his spectral meat cleaver, he charged at Tantivy. <<“So help me, if you’ve killed him...”>> He swung the weapon down and clearly connected, but Tantivy’s reflexes were faster than the older teen’s were: in the nick of time she’d crossed her arms to block the blow and quickly deflected the strike aside.

“So much for this &%^# being our side!” Tantivy snapped.

“Herta! Find Ilena and evacuate our brothers and sisters! Jack, this man is a fallen angel! His child is the Nephilim! We can’t allow this creature to get the child or we are as damned as he is!” Setting his sights on the Nephilim, Candyman asked, “So exile, which one are you? Mammon? Lucifer? Asmodeus? Which filthy traitors name do you bear?”

Looking at him, Greystone wasn’t sure that the Nephilim had heard his friend—or maybe he just didn’t understand. So far, he had only spoken to them in Spanish. Perhaps he didn’t comprehend English?

Looking him over, he saw much the same thing he saw when he looked at the Blue Knight: a pair of burning blue eyes hovered over the young man’s head. But something was off... Maybe it was the adrenaline—maybe he’d been hit in the head—but it was almost as though Jack was seeing double: displaced just slightly over the eyes were another pair of eyes—two pairs of burning blue eyes over an aura of intense determination and agitation.

“He said he’s here for one of the kids,” the American said, trying to reason out the meaning of the double eyes. “He didn’t say it was his kid. Just... hang on a minute.”

<<“Who are you and which child are you looking for?”>>

<<“My name is Domingo,”>> the man called back in Spanish, <<“and I’m here to save the little boy!”>>

Before anything else could be said, Radu cried out in what Greystone could only assume to be Romanian. A moment later, one of the boys seemed to explode: the entire room was filled with blinding white light, followed by more shouting in Romanian—first from one of the boys, then from Herta.

The burst of light washed over the entire area, but Vlad was used to this sort of thing by now. Radu Radikovich was a horrible, no good, very bad person, but he trained Vlad to react to danger. A split second before things went light, the candy-coated crusader ducked his head to shield his eyes.

“Dammit papa! That’s enough! Iosef, stop!”

Jack immediately realized that Radu was giving some kind of attack order to the older boy—Iosef based on the description Vlad had given him, and thanks to that information the American also realized that it would likely be some kind of light attack to throw them off balance. Thus when he saw the beginning of a flare forming around Iosef, Jack blocked off his eyes with skin flaps that protected them and immediately retracted them as the other boy, Adam, tried to score a hit on Vlad.

First thing was first: Iosef’s powers and training likely made him the most dangerous out of Radu’s kids present so while Herta was keeping Domingo busy for the moment the American made the light controller his target. Crossing the distance almost as fast as Herta could, Jack threw a punch at Iosef’s hoping to put him out of the fight quickly.

“You are fast,” Iosef said as he received Greystone’s blow. As he spoke, the tattooed teen detected a hint of an accent about him. That wasn’t all he detected: looking at him, Greystone saw the blood drop he’d come to associate with Neo-Sapiens; he saw the boy’s mood—he was excited; he saw the boy’s condition: a single dull, pulsing hit where the American’s fist had connected. “You are special, too, yes? Good! It means no holding back, right?”

Iosef took a step back and started to glow. Instead of the blinding flash from before, that light drew in and fired as a pair of white hot beams of light that shot from his eyes.

Candyman’s arm snaked around his would-be brother and squeezed a scream out of him. He clung to consciousness, though it looked as though some of the fight had been knocked out of him.

The youngest boy, meanwhile, was recovering from the blow Tantivy had given him. On his feet once more, he darted down the hall, still intent to carry out the mission his older brother had given him.

Tantivy would have stopped him, had she not been so focused on the Nephilim. “What is your &$^#ing problem!?!” she snarled, kicking him square in the chest. Even with all of her power behind that kick, the man seemed barely fazed by just a hit. Indeed, a veil of blue flames seemed to flare up at the moment of impact, no doubt cutting the brunt of her blow.

Domingo’s eyes flared as his meat cleaver vanished. It didn’t look at though he’d done anything, given how subtle the results were. Whatever Domingo had just done had shaken her up, and left an expression of doubt on the girl’s face.

Jack took the twin beams of light right in the chest and despite the smell of burning skin and the singe marks coming from the scales where he was hit, he was still on his feet. “Alright, no holding back.” The American said as his muscles lost their hyper definition while his fingers elongated into a wicked set of claws. He wasted no time in putting them to use against Iosef by quickly moving in and slashing at the other teen’s mid-section.

Greystone raked his claws across Iosef’s chest, shredding his shirt and bringing the boy down.

Iosef was down and Candyman was working to bind his brother. Tantivy sent a rolling kick for Domingo, but the Nephilim guarded himself with a raised arm. Brushing her attack aside, he summoned the spectral cleaver once more and wasted no time in bringing it down into her chest. The hit was enough to make the young girl cry out and leave her stumbling back feebly.

That meant they needed to stop fighting with the stranger and get ready.

Jack moved in between Herta and the Nephilim, gesturing to the younger girl to hang on a moment while he tried to talk to her opponent. <<“Wait! There’s been a misunderstanding! We’re here to free the kids here, and you said you were here for the young boy. Perhaps we can work together towards a common goal?”>>

<<“A misunder... Yes. Yes, you are right.”>> Domingo took a relaxed stance before telling Tantivy, <<“I apologize, girl.”>>

“The &$^# did this &$^# just call me!?!” she roared.

Jack shot the younger girl a harsh look. “He just apologized for fighting with you; he didn’t realize we’re here to free the kids. Apparently he’s here for the younger one that you knocked out of the.....” Before the American teen could say anything more a shape—for lack of a better term—came flying out of the nearby shadows at him with a wild attack he was able to avoid only because he saw the floating teardrop above what he guessed was its head.

That meant it had to be Ilena.

Tantivy rushed forward and landed a sweeping kick to Adam’s back—one that had the boy go limp. “Ilena’s intangible in her shadow form!” Tantivy called to Greystone. “Physical attacks won’t hurt her, but she’s vulnerable to light!”

Domingo seemed to relax. He didn’t seem to realize there was still one threat left in the room: he hadn’t yet noticed Ilena.

“Got it!” Jack called back to her. “Cover your eyes!” A pseudopod pushed its way out of his forehead while his legs changed back to normal. Without looking directly at their newly gained ally, at least for the moment, Jack kept him in the loop: <<“There’s another one,”>> he said in Spanish, <<“she’s a living shadow. Light hurts her, cover your eyes!”>>

As the new organ reacted to the bacteria in the room and released a sudden flash of light, Jack watched as Ilena seemed to face. “Keep it up,” Herta encouraged. “Each time you hit her with bright light, her shadow body gets weaker!”

With Jack focused on Ilena, Vlad and Herta moved to face their father. The three began talking in Romanian again. It was lost on Jack, but he took some small comfort in not being alone there: <<“What’s going on?”>> Domingo asked. <<“What are they saying?”>>

<<“I have no clue,””>> Jack answered, <<“they’re talking in a language I don’t understand.”>> What he didn’t say was that he didn’t like how quiet Herta had become. Whatever Radu was saying had to be something huge to her to evoke that kind of reaction and the tattooed teen was damn sure it was something the older man was trying to use to regain some advantage.

That meant they needed to shut him up. “Vlad! Gag him!” Jack hoped that quieting Radu would get Herta focused back on the matter at hand.

A wild blast of blue flames shot past Jack, and for a second, he wondered if Domingo had switched sides again. Looking over his shoulder, he saw the youngest Radikovich had returned to take a stand. Ignoring him, Jack set off another pulse of light. Ilena was further weakened and swiped her claws feebly at him.

“Herta!” Vlad called out, switching back to English. “Don’t listen to him! He’s a liar! He’ll always be a liar!"

“You have to believe me!” Radu cried. “Your mother gave her life to warn us about the coming of the Armada-”

“Shut your pie hole!” Candyman’s elastic punch connected with his father’s jaw and dropped the man into unconsciousness.

“Father?” Tantivy stumbled forward, groping the air to reach him.

Simon fired another jet of blue flames for Greystone—this time connecting. Still, it hardly forced the American to so much as stumble. Apparently, he wasn’t as powerful as Blue Knight yet, maybe it was his age, or maybe he hadn’t been pushed as much yet… but that wasn’t something to think about at this particular moment.

<<“They keep coming out of the woodwork,”>> Domingo said as he clipped Ilena with a jet of hellfire. The shadow crumbled and a young girl of about 13 collapsed on the floor of the room. Now, with only Simon left standing, the boy dropped to his knees and started to cry.

<<“But this is the last of them,”>> Greystone assured him.

<<“The boy is my brother,”>> Domingo said. <<”It is... it’s more complicated than you can imagine. I came here to collect his tithe, but...”>> He shook his head. <<“He’s too small.”>>

Jack found himself wondering exactly what the “tithe” could be but the Spaniard’s question made it somewhat clear that he wasn’t able, for some reason, to take Simon with him.

The Spaniard looked over his shoulder to Greystone. <<“What will you do with the boy?”>>

<<”My allies and I are from a school that can keep him safe, give him an education and teach him how to use his unique abilities to protect himself.”>>

<<“We’ll give him a home,”>> Jack promised.

Domingo nodded in agreement. <<“Good enough for me,”>> he said. <<”Keep him safe. I will return for him when he’s grown up some.”>>

Suddenly, Domingo took off at a run. He was fast—not as fast as Herta, but fast.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Given how clandestine that mission was, I don't think that Jack, Vlad, or Herta would have informed anyone about their encounter with him, either.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Not to mention the even earlier warning to Harry that 'Domingo would be coming for his tithe.'
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm Given how clandestine that mission was, I don't think that Jack, Vlad, or Herta would have informed anyone about their encounter with him, either.
Nope.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 pm Not to mention the even earlier warning to Harry that 'Domingo would be coming for his tithe.'
Aye, that would be this post from a session before his actual appearance. Essentially, the name drop consisted of:

Robor took the stream of cerulean flames and seemed to shrug it off. "Siegfried warned us about you: a Nephilim, and a son of Leviathan at that." A fiendish smirk appeared on the plant man's face. "Domingo will be coming for your tithe, boyo..."

Before Blue Knight could puzzle over the Irishman's words, something dropped into the battlefield: a man who looked like a human gummy bear, with Maze clinging to his back.

That's something I'd be 50/50 on the group knowing. It's so nonessential to the mission that I'm not sure if Harry would have disclosed it when he debriefed the powers that be on the incident at Prater. Still, what is known of Domingo in OOC:
  • He's a blue Nephilim
  • Robor warned the Blue Knight, a blue Nephilim, that he'd come for his tithe
  • He went to the Radikovich homestead, looking to take a tithe from Simon, a 7-year-old blue Nephilim, but let him leave for the NVAE because he was "too small"
  • He does not speak English
  • His soul-weapon is a meat cleaver
  • He used an emotion control effect on Herta
  • He exhibited super-speed in Romania
  • He exhibited flight in Greece
  • He abducted Buddy and Rusty's father, who was mentioned to be a blue Nephilim
  • He's a cannibal
  • He exhibited an energy aura as well as the ability to turn insubstantial in Spain
  • He may be married, based on the scream from upstairs
Given all of that...
Horsenhero wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:05 am Of course Kas was a touch worried that the cannibal might have powers similar in nature to Durendal. Except where Durendal only needed to touch a SPB to gain their powers the cannibal gained his by consuming the flesh of his victims. That would explain the jerky. Otherwise, why keep potential evidence on your person?
...Kas is 100% right: Domingo's powers give him the unique talents of any child of Leviathan he consumes. He also has the ability to track them down, because of course he does. So, Domingo finds other blue Nephilim, kills them, and turns them into jerky. The more victims he claims, the more (potentially) powerful he becomes.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Before I reply, flynn... I just want to make sure there's no misunderstanding: Domingo's aura and body are both hellfire--heatless flame. If you're wanting to stunt a dazzle, that's cool, I just didn't know if you were looking to have Martin's scientific mind try to test how hellfire reacts to substances normal flames would react, or what.

Also, EO, you'll need to rework your post. Dennis doesn't know anything about the sniper. The information he got from the group is: "Imago, Missus Gonzalez is in the trunk of a car parked in front of Plaza Trascorrales, number fourteen. Get her out of there and contact us, we're going to Calle Jesus, number thirteen. He left us something else as well." He doesn't know Mateo's name, or why Mateo is doing this.