New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:31 am Our story begins way back in 2015, in the magical land of Virginia. It was there that a young man named John made the latest in a series of poor decisions—one that saw him sentenced to twenty years. John, not one to really learn from his mistakes, blamed the mother of his children for his situation. During their visits and phone calls, he told her frequently that it was her fault. She grew tired of the verbal abuse and told him that she was moving—she was taking their children back to their home state of Illinois.

After serving a year of his sentence, John was released for good behavior in early 2017.
I'm going to stop this right there. Having read everything, I see why you've had so much absence for months.

Also... WTF was that parole board thinking?! How he did even get a chance for parole after 1 year of a 20 year sentence? How did he even manage a year of good behavior?

Doesn't John have a parole officer? Did no one bring any of this up to said officer?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Congrats on the new job Mich!

Oh, and John can go fuck a woodchipper.

But most importantly grats for the new job my friend, happy to hear about it. :)
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Shock

Post by Shock »

A great story of adversity somehow turning into opportunity. Congrats on the new job.

Second, I have no idea how you're keeping track of the in-game chaos. It looks hilarious in my head
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Yea, crazy ride, Mich! IRL and in-game.

Nice saves Shock!
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 amI'm going to stop this right there. Having read everything, I see why you've had so much absence for months.
LOL That and a lot of other stuff: college, planning my mom's retirement party, girlfriend, gym time (I have two months to drop another 30 lbs. so that I can brag that I lost 200 lbs. in a year)... Right now, I'm done with classes, the party was Saturday, and the job thing has been resolved. I have more time to devote to my weird hobbies again. :)
Also... WTF was that parole board thinking?! How he did even get a chance for parole after 1 year of a 20 year sentence? How did he even manage a year of good behavior?
It's even more perplexing by the notion that during that year, he was on the phone with the baby mama and threatened to kill her when he got out. She got off the phone with him, called the powers that be, and informed them of said threat; people came to him and told him that wasn't cool; he told them he didn't threaten her; they pointed out that... it's prison and they record phone calls... and John decided to double-down on this and said, "No you don't."
Doesn't John have a parole officer? Did no one bring any of this up to said officer?
Yup! As the former manager of the company, I was a point person with his parole officer. However, it all comes down to my word against his. I'd have thought that my pristine record of having never been charged with a crime versus the litany of crimes he's been charged with would make my word worth a bit more, but alas...
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, it's bizarre how the whole world seems to be bending over backwards to make sure that idiot doesn't go back to jail... while he tries to make sure he does :~P
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

You've told me bits about that fellow a couple of times before Mich, I'm still amazed he somehow didn't have his parole revoked. Fortunately your change in workplaces fixes your problem of having to deal with him. All I've got to say is summed up with the following;

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

After Jack, in the cafeteria, that makes it
Violet (17)
J.R. (16)
Mouloud (14):
Otso (11)
Dennis (9)
Tamati (6)
Rose (5)

All others have to Do Nothing,

Of those the following are still conscious/afflicted

Herta(49): Dazed
Mickie (20): Bound, Helpless
Kas (18): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
Heidi (17): Entangled (-2 Atk/Def, -4 Dex, half speed), Stunned (Martin, R2)
Rebecca (17): Bound, Helpless, Stunned (Martin, R2)
Kelly (6): Dazed
Derryl (4): Nauseated (single move action, R1), Stunned (Martin, R2)
Lexus (3): Bound, Helpless

Anyone stunned has lost Dodge bonus and will be easier to hit.
Anyone Helpless can be Coup de grace'ed (knockout punch); auto-hit ,auto-crit, if defender takes dmg and is not already knocked out, Fort DC10+damage rank (+5 crit, I think) or unconscious.
Shock

Post by Shock »

That summary is greatly appreciated Flynn
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 pm That summary is greatly appreciated Flynn
No problem.

Herta, Kelly and Rose are the most active with Rose even getting a turn later in the round. Others will be able to roll to recover from stun soon though so it's a tough call as to who to go for.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 pm
Shock wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 pm That summary is greatly appreciated Flynn
No problem.

Herta, Kelly and Rose are the most active with Rose even getting a turn later in the round. Others will be able to roll to recover from stun soon though so it's a tough call as to who to go for.
May want to leave Herta to Dennis. She has a high defense and he has Perception abilities.
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:35 pm After Jack, in the cafeteria, that makes it
Violet (17)
J.R. (16)
Mouloud (14):
Otso (11)
Dennis (9)
Tamati (6)
Rose (5)

Maybe I should reiterate.

Violet's action. Though Otso and Dennis can likely post too if their actions are likely to be independent.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Man, Lex's girlfriend gets him into more trouble...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Good job taking down Rose, Otso.

Tough luck about Herta, Dennis. We have no way of knowing what her trigger is, do we? Ever wonder why Jason's sister chose such a gruesome avatar?

Herta can now by Coup de Grace'd.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pmTough luck about Herta, Dennis. We have no way of knowing what her trigger is, do we? Ever wonder why Jason's sister chose such a gruesome avatar?
I was going to ask if that meant she was seeded. Now that means Dennis is going to have to quietly ask, and deliver an unpleasant answer. Good news, we have a ready-made 'Lacuna-seed' detector in his personage.
Games