New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Tattooedman »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm Ah I see Jack is going for the time honored tradition of baiting the girl who was so threatened by the T-Rex she felt the combat was good time to work on her vocal tracks. :lol:
Not really, Jack's just saying his thoughts on the matter. It just so happens to be phrased in a .... let's go with rougher, way of saying things. That's just how Jack is, he doesn't sugarcoat things. So he comes off a bit of an asshole than he means to.

Horsenhero wrote: Somehow I have the feeling that crying when things get a little rough and tumble isn't her style.
I have the same feeling. :lol:
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Most of all though, I hope Lex is ready because it sounds like our resident bass player has a thing for Alex Murphy.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 pm Most of all though, I hope Lex is ready because it sounds like our resident bass player has a thing for Alex Murphy.
Does Kirstie need to repel a ho?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 pm Most of all though, I hope Lex is ready because it sounds like our resident bass player has a thing for Alex Murphy.
This is a new wrinkle. I think this is the first time a male pc has been pursued by multiple girls. Violet had multiple potental suitors early on (of course one was Wolf :evil: ), but I don't remember a male pc suffering the same problem before in this game.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 pm
This is a new wrinkle. I think this is the first time a male pc has been pursued by multiple girls. Violet had multiple potental suitors early on (of course one was Wolf :evil: ), but I don't remember a male pc suffering the same problem before in this game.
Actually, this will make it the second time... It's just that one is a bit under the radar. It's a complication that's going to be explored over the next few sessions, but suffice it to say that one of the male PCs has been pursued by multiple girls before. ;)
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I assume in this case we're not counting Blue Knight and his dual fling with Rose and Pirjo?
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 am

Actually, this will make it the second time... It's just that one is a bit under the radar. It's a complication that's going to be explored over the next few sessions, but suffice it to say that one of the male PCs has been pursued by multiple girls before. ;)
There was a time Kas had quite a bit of attention, between Agnes, Astrid and the Drifter.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 am
Michuru wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 am

There was a time Kas had quite a bit of attention, between Agnes, Astrid and the Drifter.
Huh. I never even thought of that.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Well there was the blue girl in Japan.
Or Kirstie's love of bad buys meaning that Jack caught her eye.

Or the name I just saw in the gym class.
Oh dear.

But, yeah, I think Kas is the guy with more love interests than he can shake a... okay, bad phrase to be using! ;~)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm Don't get me wrong - I am more than happy to have a steady paying job, and I do enjoy making the extra money. My problem is that at this point I've been doing OT since May (at about 10 hrs a week)
Yikes.

Man, they either need to hire you some permanent help, or hire you some temporary help.
Because burning you out isn't going to help them in the long run.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:42 am
Tattooedman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm Don't get me wrong - I am more than happy to have a steady paying job, and I do enjoy making the extra money. My problem is that at this point I've been doing OT since May (at about 10 hrs a week)
Yikes.

Man, they either need to hire you some permanent help, or hire you some temporary help.
Because burning you out isn't going to help them in the long run.
Oh the powers-that-be have hired temps. 6 total, 2 have quit because they found out they had very little chance of getting hired on full time. Our Ops Manager (aka, the boss of my boss) says that the work flow is the same (basically this is the busy season for my department) and we don't need more full time team members. What hasn't helped is that two of the ladies I work with went on maternity leave (thankfully both have recently returned) and the past few months have been "prime time" for vacations (as in everyone is taking whole weeks off [and in some cases more]) so I'm hoping that here in the coming weeks things will return to normal.

At least for a bit before we start getting the work that's tied to all those pesky storms.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:36 am Well there was the blue girl in Japan.

Oh dear.

But, yeah, I think Kas is the guy with more love interests than he can shake a... okay, bad phrase to be using! ;~)
I guess. Astrid and Agnes were attracted to Kas, but he was never very interested in either...the low self-esteem thing is a deal breaker for him.

On the flip side, Kas was initially attracted to both Juozas and Gaspar, but Gaspar is straight and Juozas was a jerk, so that was never explored.

Kas could have probably developed affections for Sophie, but the whole "she's in another dimension" thing puts kind of a cramp in that. Not to mention he's the doppleganger of her fiance' who tried to murder her.

Elizabeth is about as close as Kas has come to an actual relationship and considering every time he meets her it's non-linear it makes the whole thing a bit dicey. I mean the first time she met him was after the first time he met her AND at some point she's going to have an affair with Gwyn, which Kas knows about because she told him. Granted at some point Kas and Elizabeth do hook up because their daughter inherits the Astrolabe, but he's got no idea when in his life that happens (he could be ancient...like 30 or something).

Then there were the girls from North Korea, but they weren't interested in Kas so much romantically. They're pretty much just looking for Neo-Sapien sperm donors. That actually depressed Kas a little it so cold-blooded.

At the moment, despite doing his best "Cyclops" impression and trying to be the big-damn-hero he's still a teenage boy, with all the attendant desires. Even though he's bi-sexual, he prefers girls ...so he's going to see if he can manage to engage in a more "normal" teen romance. Given his track record so far I wouldn't put money on his odds of success.

On the plus side, unlike Lex, Kas has never had his romantic interest murdered (poor Alina)...so there's that.

And now that I think about it...whatever happened to Jack's human girlfriend? It would be a shame if she made a reappearance, all jealous and evil...with powers somehow.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 am
Arkrite wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:36 am Well there was the blue girl in Japan.

Oh dear.

I guess. Astrid and Agnes were attracted to Kas, but he was never very interested in either...the low self-esteem thing is a deal breaker for him.

On the flip side, Kas was initially attracted to both Juozas and Gaspar, but Gaspar is straight and Juozas was a jerk, so that was never explored.

Kas could have probably developed affections for Sophie, but the whole "she's in another dimension" thing puts kind of a cramp in that. Not to mention he's the doppleganger of her fiance' who tried to murder her.

Elizabeth is about as close as Kas has come to an actual relationship and considering every time he meets her it's non-linear it makes the whole thing a bit dicey. I mean the first time she met him was after the first time he met her AND at some point she's going to have an affair with Gwyn, which Kas knows about because she told him. Granted at some point Kas and Elizabeth do hook up because their daughter inherits the Astrolabe, but he's got no idea when in his life that happens (he could be ancient...like 30 or something).

Then there were the girls from North Korea, but they weren't interested in Kas so much romantically. They're pretty much just looking for Neo-Sapien sperm donors. That actually depressed Kas a little it so cold-blooded.

At the moment, despite doing his best "Cyclops" impression and trying to be the big-damn-hero he's still a teenage boy, with all the attendant desires. Even though he's bi-sexual, he prefers girls ...so he's going to see if he can manage to engage in a more "normal" teen romance. Given his track record so far I wouldn't put money on his odds of success.

On the plus side, unlike Lex, Kas has never had his romantic interest murdered (poor Alina)...so there's that.

And now that I think about it...whatever happened to Jack's human girlfriend? It would be a shame if she made a reappearance, all jealous and evil...with powers somehow.
Yeah, there are good odds on it being Kas. Of course, Rose also apparently initially had a thing for Dennis, which got dampened by the MI-13 incident, but she was still jelly over Lena's being around him, so goodness knows what Robyn's 'cover' is going to make her react. So yeah, our illusionist may also be thrown into the tangled romance webs.
Games
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Well, Dennis could use a little drama in his life. ;) I was a bit shocked Robyn wouldn't shake Beatrice's hand. I thought courtesy was a big thing with fae folk. One way or another though, an immortal faerie with a reputation for mischief posing as his girlfriend ought to almost guarantee some interesting moments...and that's without any potential jealous rivals.

You know it occurs to me that Otso has actually had the smoothest sailing romantically (though I foresee some rough times ahead). Martin has been unwaveringly faithful to Tatjana since day one, but she hasn't always made it easy on him. Jack hasn't had too much romantic drama, but his first European girlfriend was almost killed by criminals and he's now dating a Nephilim who has previously gone bat-crap crazy and unleashed a Hellfire Beast on campus, so there's the potential for disaster there. Violet's forays into romance have had a bit of peril, since they got Mike castrated and I'm sure that won't be the end of her problems. Tamati's romance seems to have started well enough, so something horrible is going to go wrong there...I can just feel it. As mentioned before, a new wrinkle might just have appeared in Lex's love life, so we'll have to see how far that goes.

Face it, on the romance front any of the pc's could be subject to serious drama at any time.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Horsenhero wrote: Tamati's romance seems to have started well enough, so something horrible is going to go wrong there...I can just feel it.

I want to say it is all going to be smooth sailing but there is the Mum issue and maybe a little jelly streak :)