Neotropolis (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: Neotropolis (OOC)

Post by kenmadragon »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm I figured that young Timothy (?) would have submitted something. Doctor Wong could be a judge. Kate could have a journo job there.

It might be fun to go back to doing small stories if there are things that you would like to explore.
That could be cool.

I had ideas about vignettes of "A Day In the Life Of Dexter Lancaster", with random snippets of his life with situations taken from old golden/silver age comics. Ideas like fighting killer robots, stopping a runaway train, beating up crooks, etc.

I even had an idea where Dexter, Waheed, and Charley are all sitting on a roof drinking soda or whatever and talking about girls, and the inevitable fall-out that combination would entail... aka a clueless chick magnet, a shameless pervert, and a nerd-with-a-hot-ex decide to talk about women: hilarity ensues.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm at a loss for where I would go with Anna. I'd imagine her next "arc" would be about learning how to be good rather than just hating evil.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Would a SCP/Warehouse 13/X Files game be of interest?

Does everyone have a basic basic familiarity with the old World of Darkness system? First edition of Conspiracy X or Spycraft or later editions of Shadowrun could also work.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I have played some World of Darkness but I don't remember which edition. It was about 4 or 5 years ago.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm familiar with the Vampire portion of World of Darkness but not for a while.

I'm a big fan of X-files but not sure how we'd turn that into a game.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I know nothing of SCP/Warehouse 13/X-Files...

On the other hand, I've only played Mage: the Awakening (which is nWoD, not old), and I have very little experience with some of the new editions of Shadowrun. I believe I was in a game of 3e or 4e Shadowrun that lasted for maybe a session and a half some years ago.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Happy Halloween everyone! :twisted:

I'm gonna start up with writing these vignettes while we figure things out. Keep myself busy and writing. :mrgreen:
Shock

Post by Shock »

Cool, I'm looking forward to it.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hiya again guys.

Went to my first (in a decade) gaming convention this weekend- lots of fun.

Got home on Sunday night and it turned out that the road work crew cut my internet cable. Cable company put up a session for Friday.. and then suddenly showed up today to do a temporary fix. Yay!

So... the thought was that you are a bunch of doctors/police/fire/etc that have come across things that can't be explained. Rather than dismissing it because those things just don't happen you decide to investigate. This leads you being recruited by a Men in Black organization. Suckers.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 am Would a SCP/Warehouse 13/X Files game be of interest?

Does everyone have a basic basic familiarity with the old World of Darkness system? First edition of Conspiracy X or Spycraft or later editions of Shadowrun could also work.
The closest I ever got to World of Darkness system was the Street Fighter RPG that used a similar system from what I heard. Nothing Conspiracy X or Spycraft either.

Systems I have: Marvel RPG FASERIP version, SAGA version, the version that used stones for play, and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. Tri-Stat and all 3 editions of BESM, plus Silver Age Sentinels. Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG. DC Heroes RPG 3rd edition. Exalted, not sure if 1st or 2nd edition. DC Universe Roleplaying Game. Icons Assembled Edition. D&D 3rd, 4th, and 5th edition [basic 3 books for 5th]. SUPERS! Revised edition. OVA 2nd edition. Worlds in Peril [Powered by the Apocalypse variant]. Wearing the Cape RPG [based on the book series, uses Fate with some additions]. The AGE version of Blue Rose. Fantasy AGE. HERO 5th and 6th edition.
Systems I have only in PDF format: Atomic Robo RPG. Doctor Who RPG. Dresden Files RPG [Only Fate version]. Fantasy Craft. Fate. Mistborn Adventure Game. Pathfinder [tons of PDFs from bundles I need to get around to reading]. Prowlers and Paragons. Savage Worlds, including Savage Rifts variant. Capes, Cowls, and Villains Fowl. Wild Talents. The Laundry Files RPG [variant of Call of Cthulhu system]. True20. Valiant Universe RPG [based on the comics of same name]. Exalted 2nd edition. BASH Ultimate Edition. Cold Steel Wardens. Bulletproof Blues.

And after typing all that, including some in the same folder of Unread PDFs, I found the World of Darkness Rulebook. *sigh* I really need to get reading again, I have hundreds of PDFs I've gotten through bundles cheap I haven't gotten around to reading yet. Dang, just did a search of my ebooks folder to see if I had Spycraft in any of the sub-folders. Buried in D&D and variants folder, in own Spycraft folder I forgot I had because I haven't gone in that folder in over a year at least. Spycraft 2.0 and 3 other Spycraft books I still haven't read. Only good thing about this, I will never run out of PDFs to read at this rate. :P
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Huh. I have a lot of those, but mostly in pdf form because I can't pack all my books with me when I travel.

But even then, I don't have most of those. Mostly because I don't really check for online bundles all that often (I only look maybe once a month?), and even then I don't bother unless they;re for a system I want to play in (and I don't have many opportunities for that unless I'm the one GMing, which isn't the best way for me to learn a system).

Speaking of Icons: AE, I've got most of the write-up for Celestial sitting on my computer from months ago, but never found a good picture to go along with the write-up. Same with Blitz. Any chance of finally getting images for the two, so I can add them to my Icons conversions?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Happy Holidays folks!
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Still another week for me. I don't get back home till midnight of the 16th... :( :cry:

In other news, I really need to write up those snippets I had ideas for.

Ideas included:
- Dexter, Waheed and Charlie sneak onto a NIT rooftop and try out the new science!Drinks Waheed had swiped from one of the chem labs. The three friends shoot the breeze and commiserate over women being mysterious creatures, surprising everyone when Charlie claims he had a girlfriend back in Canada.
- Dexter and Dragon's Breath show up for Power-Testing at Stevenson Evolutionary Technology, then proceed to bamboozle the technicians with their science-defying bullshit.
- Sometimes, a hero just has to fight a giant, killer robot.
- Michael and Priscilla attempt to set Dexter up on a date without telling him - shenanigans ensue.
- What happens when you've got a family of superhumans...

And so many more.

Still looking for a pic for Celestial to go with the Icons write-up, btw. Anyone remember where we described her look in and out of costume?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Good luck on your finals!

Honking my own horn here... starting up a new game here.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

After getting (rightfully) poked by you guys again- what can we do get this bird back up in the air?

Preferably not picking up from directly after we left things. I was in a really dark place at this point.