Neotropolis (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Neotropolis (OOC)

Post by Spectrum »

Wow- long time ago. Sure! Can you link back to that scene?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Took me a while, but I found the post where BuckeyeFan posted Anubis asking the Samaritan to come in for an opportunity. LINK.

Will be posting in all my games tomorrow after classes, I'm too bushed tonight.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry guys.
Shock

Post by Shock »

you OK?
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 pmSorry guys.
Why are you sorry, Spectrum? Is something wrong, are you okay? If it is about the game, it's okay. We understand real life and other things can hold things up, we can wait.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Welcome back Spectrum. Hopefully you're feeling better.

Can we get a bit more context relating to your post? How much time has passed? What have we been up to? What brings us to the science fair?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Ooooh shiny!

Distract! Distract!

I woke up on Saturday after an inspiring dream and had to get the game going again? Maybe something along the direction of a season opening on tv?

What would you guys like to get done in the matter of a few weeks from where we left off?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Or.. I guess not.

Thank you for all your patience with me over the years. It has been a lot of fun.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I had a great time while it was going. I'm just a little stumped as to where I would go next after being away from the character for a while.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 am Or.. I guess not.

Thank you for all your patience with me over the years. It has been a lot of fun.
Darn, I was trying to think of how to respond to your post before this still, stuck myself, stupid writer's block. Maybe we could try a different campaign but have Neotropolis be part of it, instead of basing everything in the city. Or if the others are still willing to continue, we can take some time to think of how to continue. Sometimes a break helps look at things anew.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Holy crap, how did I not notice there was an update?

...okay, so the distraction of college and trying to find work might have had something to do with this, but I found out there was an update last weekend I missed, and now it might not be this game coming back to life?

*Falls to his knees, fists against the heavens*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

You guys confuse me, in a good way :)

I thought that the lack of response mean that I had lost you... which I'm glad isn't the case. If I had, it would have really sucked.

I really want to get something going again but realize that I ran myself into a corner. Not sure how to get the tires back out of the mud.

I want to keep playing together- just at a loss of where to go from here. If this was a normal around the sofas (tables are soo passe), maybe it would be time to play a board game, do a one off, or shift GMs for a while. Here, not so sure.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Honestly, I mostly lost track of things online since the beginning of the month. I'm working as a TA for two lab sections as well as taking the most difficult undergrad lab course in my major at the same time. Not a lot of fun.

I propose that we all just start writting snippets and what not for the game, to get a view into the lives of Neotropolis' heroes. Not actual plot or anything, but like vignettes and stuff. Just to kill time and maintain the hype/enthusiasm while we figure things out.

Also, I could always get out my Icons: AE book and trudge up those writeups I made months ago of the Nobody Be A Hero protagonists. Not to mention that I have a bunch of RPGs that I've always wanted to do things with that I could make more conversions for, for the fun of things.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

It's been a long time since we last played that I've been having a difficult time trying to figure out what trouble Kate has been getting into. There are more than a few possibilities including Dr. Wong, her 'friends' in the warehouse, her nosy neighbors, and others. She would definitely have a good reason to be at the science fair. What could possibly go wrong there? :?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I figured that young Timothy (?) would have submitted something. Doctor Wong could be a judge. Kate could have a journo job there.

It might be fun to go back to doing small stories if there are things that you would like to explore.