Young Protectors: New Chapel (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Young Protectors: New Chapel (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Will he just double move or try a DC15 Athletics check to run? And/or maybe an acrobatics to navigate intervening furniture or consoles?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Arriving at the base after the others, Ronan entered just in time to hear the end of of a ridiculous-sounding conversation about using a flying submarine in the swamp. Before he can weigh in on the subject, Johnny's attention is diverted by the evac map. Ronan studies the map briefly, nose twitching in amusement, as the other three race from the room he breaks out into a full grin and then blinks directly onto the bed of the largest room, instantaneously appearing there in a relaxed and casual position. Face composed again, Ronan waits for a second after the first person enters the room, to set the scene, then turns his head to look at them, and winks "Dibs"

------------------------------

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 pm (and didn't the mageling imply he wanted to stay on campus?) but if the guy pulled out some sort of magic trick Johnny knew he was boned. He had to count on getting there quicker than the mage could get the incantation out.
I don't recall mentioning in character that Ronan is going to be staying on campus, and since our character's mutual pre-history is extremely hazy, why don't we assume the other three are NOT aware of the fact. I think it will be more entertaining :P
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 pm He had to count on getting there quicker than the mage could get the incantation out.
To clarify this, as well, due to the "conduit" - a direct connection to the magical field/plane/ley-lines/whatever - Ronan channels magic directly, he doesn't use words or gestures (although he may fall back on them in times of duress, or whilst doing ritual magic or somesuch).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

That went about as I figured. Top of the next round, is Emily fooled by Johnny's ruse?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Blitz (Emily Marie Powers)
HP: 3 / Cond: Normal

Emily had the speed advantage and she knew it, even holding back and dropping to the ground to run to be a bit more competitive and to make sure she could keep track of which way Johnny was going to reach the sleeping quarters. When he angled his body towards the end she paused reaching out to touch the door right next to her he seemed to be angling for that she would have ran right past, though when he ran right by her, she cursed under her breath about dirty tricks and took off to keep up to reach the real goal at the same time as the sneaky boy, only to find Ronan already in the room.

"Well..." she looks at Johnny and D'an as he catches up. "Reset at the base map and race for the next largest?"
Given Blitz's vast speed advantage, she could easily zip back and check out the map and still overtake the race. This just seemed like a funner outcome xD The timing for Johnny's trick would have had to be at the very end of the race with her watching him at all to work anyways.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Blade of Poseidon (D'An W'ren/Dan Warren)
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine

"Sure thing!" As he spoke, D'An stretched to limber up. The first round had got his blood pumping and he was determined to do better next time.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Reading a map flying by at 60mph? No Rapid senses or Mental Quickness? I'm a little dubious. No Es importa
Johnny gives the mage a scowl before turning to the closest room. "Nah, let's get to the swamp monster, that'll be more fun." he says, his enthusiasm for racing waning.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

HQ-

After the races for the living quarters, which all turn out to be equal in size, a quick look at the design specs confirms the flying sub is simply too big too operate effectively in the swamp. Obviously it could fly over the canopy of the trees, but any sort of subtlety would be lost.
So, is the plan to go out and meet the girls or go monster hunting on the first night? I only ask, so I can do a little fast forward once everyone is done here.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Johnny is expecting to do both. Swamp Monster first.... It should take maybe 10 minutes tops.]
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Ronan grins mentally at Johnny's expression, then blinks back to the map. Looking it over again for use as a rough reference, he sets off to familiarising himself with the rest of the base.

This accomplished, he blinks back to "his" room (and then from room to room if the others have moved on at this point). Unaware of any decision they may have come to, he interjects "Hey, Emily, there's some kind of scanning equipment in here, why don't you set it up for an overnight run looking for this...monster, and then we all head back to the school?". He looks he in the eyes and adds mentally "And if that isn't an option could you make something up before Johnny drags us all off somewhere else? I'd like to have a life, as well as mud-stains."

----------------------------

Are there any kind of magical facilities here (arcane library, artificer's workshop etc)?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Blade of Poseidon (D'An W'ren/Dan Warren)
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine

D'An was satisfied after claiming a room at their headquarters, though he figured he'd stay at the school. He wanted to learn as much as possible of the surface world and living in the middle of it seemed to make the most sense to speed that up. "So do we get a boat to go look for the monster in the swamp?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Blitz (Emily Marie Powers)
HP: 3 / Cond: Normal

"That's a good idea Ronan. That way it's like we're searching and at the party at the same time, and if we get a hit, we can go after it." She wasn't overly interested in the party since bringing her arm along would be problematic, but she also didn't really feel like trudging around a swamp.

"Hey Ronan, you don't have some kind of extra dimensional space or some magic-y thing that we can store my arm in at the party do you? I don't really like the idea of leaving it behind where I can't get to it quickly if I need it, and it's kind of conspicuous lugging around the big bag to a party."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[What time of day is it? We came from a late lunch, right?]
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Championnat Academie-

Returning to the school after lunch and a tour of their HQ, the quartet find the campus empty to great degree as most of the students have moved their belongings into the dormitories and are now out exploring Storyvale or even farther into New Chapel. The maintenance crew is around though and that's who they need to speak with to get checked out on an airboat.

The head of maintenance is a man with coal black skin and a heavy Carribean accent, named Klaus of all things. making up the other two staffers are Hugo and Gilly. Gilly is a stout older man, easily in his sixties who bears a striking resemblance to Father Christmas and Hugo is a younger guy, just about college age who appears to be Cuban by descent, though his complete lack of any identifying accent makes it difficult to determine.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[post deleted]
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

"'Fraid not, artificing is still on my to-do list" Ronan looks off to one side for a moment, speculatively "If you like, you could leave it here and I can retrieve it if it looks like there's going to be trouble. You'd be pretty screwed if we got surprised, but what's going to happen at a party?"