(IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: (IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - 1 Toughness
HP: 0

Kevin wouldn`t say he knew how to fight. But he did. He was by no means a champion or anything, but he had some knowledge. He was interested to hear what Wally had to say and, just as earlier, he was quite surprised by Wally`s actions. He expected Wally to be on about butt kicking and only butt kicking. And while he was to an extent, he was also talking about survival. Kevin understood that aspect. And while advantages, accidents of birth and socio economic jibber jabber played into it, there was no denying that Wally was a survivor.

We was going to add something along the lines of being able to defend without powers and blending in, but a part of him always hated that he had to hide who he was. There was a time when it wasn`t appropriate to encase someone in ice, and not all situations called for leaving a room on an ice slide. But he refused to be ashamed of being able to do either.

He bit his tongue and took stock of those that remained.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Redline

Robbie nodded in agreement as Professor Braddock spoke. But internally he heard the teacher voice from Peanuts.
"Too bad Angry Spice. he said to Wally. "I was looking forward to seeing if you could back up your claims. Looks like we'll have to settle for a Master Ninja." Robbie gave Wally a wink as if to say. For now.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh, Go sit onna can, Redbull." Wally says, but it was more jovial reflex than actually heated.

He looked around to see who remained.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq
HP: 1

---

The girl messes with her jumper, it still didn't feel quite right but she was too stubborn to give up on it just yet. "Hey, what are we standing around here for? Let's get to work already!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1

"Work? What are you guys going to do here anyway? Are you going yo do some work outs or something?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq

---

"We're here to learn how to kick butt and take names!"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Okay, Ed Gruberman." Wally says in Sharq's direction.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ana blinks, and looks over at Wally with a perplexed expression. "Ed who now?"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally just shakes his head chuckling. He hums a few notes of a song to himself.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:22 am "Okay, Ed Gruberman." Wally says in Sharq's direction.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:32 am Ana blinks, and looks over at Wally with a perplexed expression. "Ed who now?"
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:49 pm Wally just shakes his head chuckling. He hums a few notes of a song to himself.
"Don't worry I can't understand him either... Robbie tells the girl. "Probably took one to many boots to the head..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She frowns, but shrugs her shoulders and focuses back on their professor.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - 1 Toughness
HP: 0

Kevin gets the reference and chuckles.

"So, we're gonna learn Ti Kwan Leap?"

OOC - Although I had to refresh my memory a little with the keyboard, I actually knew that reference. So I figure if I knew it, why not Kevin too.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1

Brittney just looks at them as though they are crazy although she makes a mental note to Google the phrases later.

"So this is some kind of fight training like MMA?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"Alright, that's enough chit chat, we're burning daylight here let's get started with some warm up exercises and then we'll get to some basic drills for today." And so self defense class commences, lasting about an hour with the plan to be for it to be every other day so as not to overwork anything between physical education and self defense.

**********************************************************************************************************

The following day, Kevin, Brittney, Ana, Wally, Robbie and Todd (Gelignite) are brought in to be interviewed about the events of the attack in your own words. The questions you are each asked are the same; What happened? How did you react? Do you feel you reacted appropriately given the situation? Would you have done anything differently?

The interviewer is appropriately impartial, not prompting specific answers or trying to trick any of you into answering in any way aside from your own words. Before you are led into the interview room individually, Professor Xavier personally accompanies you, advising you to be honest and detailed as you can, cautioning against embellishment.
Each of you make a post just answering the questions posed as if being asked them by an interviewer. Doesn't need to be super long or detailed,
just so long as the questions are answered in a way the character would answer them. This may or may not bite them in the butt later :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq

---

She didn't want to be here in this room, at all. It reminded her far too much of the incident which ended up costing her family everything the first time, being isolated from her mother and father while a guy who was all too serious. It made her feel like she was in trouble all over again, that her family was going to be forced to move once more. Everyone else would probably be fine- except for Todd -since she was the only one to really attack anybody. Almost kill somebody.

Ana shivered, still tasting his blood even a day later.

"What happened?"

"They attacked us in the middle of the day," She started, talking without thinking. "There were these bombs, and they spewed out some sorta knock-out gas. We thought they were trying to kidnap us, but... I guess they just wanted us to react."

"How did you react?"

Ana flinched, biting her lip and trying to look at something else in the room. This lady wasn't holding back at all, was she? "I did exactly what they wanted me to do. After trying to pull as many other students from the smoke as I could, a storm suddenly rolled in and I got a chance to go out and face them head on. The headmaster told me to stay behind but... I went anyway. There were all these vans when I got there,
and some other kids showed up too. We tried to plan, but I ended up running off and..."

She shifted in her seat, really not wanting to say anymore. But the interviewer just gave her a pointed look, pen at the ready. She wasn't going to let this one go. "I uhm... I bit one of the drivers. Really bad."

" Do you feel you reacted appropriately given the situation?"

"No, She answered without pause. "It was really stupid and impulsive, and then that British guy told us about how it was all a trap right after I did what I did. I felt sick, and awful. There was blood everywhere and... and it was all my fault. He might've died if Kevin didn't step in to save him."

She started muttering something in Spanish which though the interview might understand, was too inaudible to fully hear.

"Would you have done anything differently?"

"I should've stayed put! If I had waited only a couple more seconds and not charged on ahead like some predatory shark then maybe things could've ended more peacefully! And now the school might get in big trouble because some idiot who thought attacking a school for mutants was a good idea!" She suddenly slipped completely into Spanish, getting caught up into her emotions. "And dad's going to get fired because of me and we're going to have to move again, and I'll have to go in front of a judge again! And they're not going to go easy on me this time, I'll probably be sent to juvie and there'll be nothing I can do to-

The door opened to reveal the headmaster, who had clearly sensed her sudden spike of emotional distress. "I think we're done here." he declared, and motioned for Ana to follow him out. She let out a sniffle as she tried to wipe away the tears forming in her eyes, giving a frantic nod before scrambling to her feat and rushing out.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. School was going to be a fun place where she could make friends and learn from somebody other then her dad for once, and then she was going to grow up and get a good job somewhere and live a good happy life forever. But then she had to mess everything up all over again.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------