M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors (Open recruiting closed))

Post by Horsenhero »

Zero Prime wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:10 pm Let me second EpicEclipse's sentiment, get some rest and hopefully you'll feel better in short order! Secondly, thanks for running this for us, really looking forward to it!

Now, these schools are public affairs in a sense, correct? Regular, non-Ministry affiliated students are in attetendence, so do we go off site to train our abilities, or are there hidden portions of the school that are off limits to non Ministry students and faculty?

Sorry if this has been touched on before, but I tried looking through the thread to find a definitive answer, and I don't want to make assumptions in my introductory post.

Thanks, once again, for your time & consideration.
Yeah, these are "normal" private schools. As far as you know, nobody on campus besides yourselves is super-human (honest... no really...would I resort to such an over-used cliche' as having other evil super-people on campus?). This is more Teen Titans/Young Justice than X-Men, thus the separate HQ's each team has been provided (see the first post). Taking a cue from X-Men: Evolution though, the schools will have shenanigans...but the teams will also engage in non-school related shenanigans.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So what I am hearing is; nowhere is safe from the shenanigans.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Shenanigans for everybody!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 am So what I am hearing is; nowhere is safe from the shenanigans.
Yeah, shenanigans are like Starbucks...there's no escaping them.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You get shenanigans and you get shenanigans, and YOU get shenanigans! Everyone gets shenanigans!!!

I'll get a post up after work.
Flynnarrel

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Is it worth getting a timeline of how long people have been training with their mentors?

I figure about 8 or 9 months for Johnny. But he's the kind to introduce himself and learn names.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I suppose if players want to establish how long they've been training with their mentor more precisely, then they can. My assumption has been using loose "comic book time" everyone has been doing it long enough to have an established connection...so at least six months of regular team work. Beyond that period of having been an established mentor/mentee, it's up to you guys.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

New Chapel seems to be off and running with some pc interaction, but Ravensport is nothing but crickets.

Is there something extra I can add to that threads first IC post to help players get their "entry to campus" post done?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'm in process of posting something for Presto! in the Ravensport thread.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm I suppose if players want to establish how long they've been training with their mentor more precisely, then they can. My assumption has been using loose "comic book time" everyone has been doing it long enough to have an established connection...so at least six months of regular team work. Beyond that period of having been an established mentor/mentee, it's up to you guys.
Ah, Dan's post gave me the impression that he was new.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm I suppose if players want to establish how long they've been training with their mentor more precisely, then they can. My assumption has been using loose "comic book time" everyone has been doing it long enough to have an established connection...so at least six months of regular team work. Beyond that period of having been an established mentor/mentee, it's up to you guys.
Ah, Dan's post gave me the impression that he was new.
Well, there's always the possibility that most of D'an's adventures have been undersea stuff, which would make him established as a mentee of O'shana, but still fairly "new" to the surface world.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

D'an's new to pretty much anything that's not the inside of the temple he was raised in. I was unsure whether we'd been a team as such before the current situation, hence I erred on the side of newness. Also cockney slang is hard to pick up on so I leaned heavily into that for him. ;) 6 month-ish with O'shana sounds good, we'll just say he hasn't had that much to do with the others yet.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

McGuffin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 pm D'an's new to pretty much anything that's not the inside of the temple he was raised in. I was unsure whether we'd been a team as such before the current situation, hence I erred on the side of newness. Also cockney slang is hard to pick up on so I leaned heavily into that for him. ;) 6 month-ish with O'shana sounds good, we'll just say he hasn't had that much to do with the others yet.
The "sidekicks" don't have to be super familiar with one another, aside from recognizing each other due to the big, blow up among the adult members of the Ministry of Protection. The HQ's and equipment provided them at their hidden bases is all new, as Mr. October agreed with Io and Mother Knight about letting the kids get experience crime fighting. Basically, to do an end run around the spirit of the agreement with the side that objected to people so young being involved in crime-fighting, their mentors provided them with equipment and headquarters to use as they saw fit.

The adult heroes are sticking to the letter of the agreement by not bringing their proteges along on Ministry missions, but if the kids decide to fight crime on their own? Nothing in the agreement forbids the proteges from showing initiative.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Gotcha. One final question about housing. Is it at the HQ or at the school? Because D'an's got a certain magic sword he'd like to keep as close-by as possible, although that'd still probably be in his room either way.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

H had mentioned it was individual choice if we stayed on campus or HQ. It's in the first post that he wanted us to fit in a mention of which we were doing at the quote box at the bottom. :)

I figure Emily isn't strongly familiar with anyone, but yeah, just enough to recognize them. She might not be super obvious at first not wearing the big mechanical arm if people didn't necessarily know it is a removeable prosthetic and not just a weapon she puts her arm in or cybernetic replacement. Not like she advertises the fact after all. (Then again, that long red hair is pretty telling.)