M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:54 am I just want to check to know one way or the other is N'sekt going to be part of this action scene?

Five stories is pretty high up.

I had a plan but it is going to require Vulcan to use a HP unless he wants to trust his Toughness (which is actually not a bad thought) otherwise I'd just suggest he use that nice energy attack but like I said five stories seems pretty high.
N'sekt can fly, so I can't see how being 5 stories up is particularly daunting for him. He also has wall-crawling and speed 4 if he'd rather run into the thick of things. Either way, the parking garage presents about 0 challenge to him.

So I hope he'll be involved, but that's on shadowbourne not me.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Yeah 12 hour work days make me less than a proper communicator.

The first question was independent of the second. So ...

Can Devil Dog and Rakshasa move and attack in hand to hand with a surprise advantage? My assumption is they can not. So my thought was Vulcan either Teleports them within attack range and then turns about/move by to a safer location until his dazed/vulnerable wears off ... if that is possible?

I just need to know if it's mechanically possible before the Ic post suggesting the idea. If it's not then back to Vulcan back shooting their weak link with that cannon of his ;) and Ren and Stimpy (get it ... a dog and cat) make there way down so as to attack next round?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Honestly both Devil Dog and Rakshasa can make it down on their own. A successful athletics check will allow Devil Dog to increase his ground movement to 250 ft which applies to his swinging by rule, so he can "Batman" in. Rakshasa can use the same athletics check (DC15) to increase his move and in his gaseous form he can plunge off the parking garage without risk of injuring himself.

Of course Vulcan could just use his Move Object to drop Rakshasa into the thick of things or even his create object to create a slide down from the parking garage to the ground. These options would keep Vulcan out of things until the first "real" round, but the benefit is he doesn't run the same risks he would teleporting everyone in.

The team has plenty of options for arrival. The only real option for physical attacks is to charge or slam. It is kind of critical everyone remember both Presto! and the villains are mixing with a crowd of civilians at the moment. (though the civilians are attempting to get the hell out of the bad guys' way)
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 amOf course Vulcan could just use his Move Object to drop Rakshasa into the thick of things or even his create object to create a slide down from the parking garage to the ground. These options would keep Vulcan out of things until the first "real" round, but the benefit is he doesn't run the same risks he would teleporting everyone in.
Actually these options won't work for the Surprise round, as Vulcan is dazed, switching slots on my Array would take a Standard action, and then my move is done until standard Initiative, so you're on your own for the Surprise round, sorry guys!
StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 amCan Devil Dog and Rakshasa move and attack in hand to hand with a surprise advantage? My assumption is they can not. So my thought was Vulcan either Teleports them within attack range and then turns about/move by to a safer location until his dazed/vulnerable wears off ... if that is possible?
Oh, wait ... I see what you are saying, my Teleport slot is still active, just do a Move action and move those who want to get into Melee with them into Melee position, however, I do not have Turnabout, *so* I'd be Vulnerable in melee range, however, I have a decent Toughness so I am down with that.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 am It also seems to me there's a whole lot of energy being devoted to truncating Johnny's actions going on, so if there's some sort of underlying problem with the way Johnny's character is being portrayed let's get it out in the open now.
[/quote]

I likewise have no issue with Johnny's character, Ronan just has different priorities, especially at the present moment. It being the first day, he's rather more focussed on fitting himself into the social scene/otherwise getting his feet under him. His priorities will grow closer to Johnny's as this goes on; he does love his powers, after all. That said, Ronan isn't entirely sure that the naysayers at the Minstery don't have a point, and on top of that, his sense of "heroic responsibility" is still a work in progress, so he's never going to be as keen as Johnny.
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:51 am Developing some kind of transport system for her arm is something she's probably going to end up looking into. Maybe something I pay for with earned PP but developed by Ronan? :P We shall see.
Since Ronan is a Ritualist not an Artificier, I was thinking he could knock together some kind of concealment spell that makes the arm look like a regular prosthetic (or even a flesh-and-blood arm, although I'm assuming people have already taken note of her missing arm, so that might be a little difficult to explain). If/when you decided to make it a feature, Ronan could bind it to her life-force, thus stabilising the magic permanently (or somesuch).
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Zero Prime wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 am
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 amOf course Vulcan could just use his Move Object to drop Rakshasa into the thick of things or even his create object to create a slide down from the parking garage to the ground. These options would keep Vulcan out of things until the first "real" round, but the benefit is he doesn't run the same risks he would teleporting everyone in.
Actually these options won't work for the Surprise round, as Vulcan is dazed, switching slots on my Array would take a Standard action, and then my move is done until standard Initiative, so you're on your own for the Surprise round, sorry guys!
StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 amCan Devil Dog and Rakshasa move and attack in hand to hand with a surprise advantage? My assumption is they can not. So my thought was Vulcan either Teleports them within attack range and then turns about/move by to a safer location until his dazed/vulnerable wears off ... if that is possible?
Oh, wait ... I see what you are saying, my Teleport slot is still active, just do a Move action and move those who want to get into Melee with them into Melee position, however, I do not have Turnabout, *so* I'd be Vulnerable in melee range, however, I have a decent Toughness so I am down with that.
That is the idea. Vulcan acting as transport gives Devil Dog and Rakshasa the free action to attack while the ice allies are vulnerable. It potentially gives us a big edge before the fight begins. Vulcan using an HP to stunt a Turnabout or Move By would keep him save - at the cost of the HP of course. Personally I think he is tough as nails :)

PS: I envisioned the same comic book panel you did HH with Rakshasa using his gaseous form as a way to drop. Cool visual and definitely was a considered option :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

@Syncretik: Yeah, the idea was just that maybe Ronan has a hand in whatever feature or something I come up with for the mechanics (I might even buy out the removable flaw and make the arm fully summonable or integrated and thus not removable). Like a magic ritual that links her with it symbolically so she can always summon it from anywhere (leaving open a possible complication for like an antimagic field interfering)

Just a neat intercharacter idea I thought. :P She could always develop some kind of transport system for it or unlock some kind of feature in the weapon itself too, so I've got options depending on whatever I go with for what she does. But Yeah, suddenly having both arms or a fancy looking prosthetic when she stubbornly doesn't wear one otherwise would be conspicuous.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Any responses from our favorite pixie over the radio?
"Presto can you hear us? You started his thing. Can either you or Dog to distract one of these guys out to start us off."
:)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Do we need to hold off long enough that the crowd gets away from the villains?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Hawk wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 am Do we need to hold off long enough that the crowd gets away from the villains?
Do you?

One option is responsible. The other is more fun (for me).
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

First thing...I want to apologize for my absence and lack of input. While my life has been hectic as of late, I have not done this group, horse hero, nor my character any good by not being involved more. Things in my life have eased a bit. I should be able to give my attention to this game in full...if you guys would have me back.

Something I should put in...I would insane schedule and hours. Example: 12 hours Friday through Sunday...off Monday and Tuesday, 12 hours Wednesday and Thursday, off Friday through Sunday. Then it reverses... Monday and Tuesday 12 hours, off Wednesday and Thursday, work 12 hours Friday through Sunday......

This schedule will not change( frustratingly so)...so, I will sometimes fall behind.

Again, if you will have back, I will be back(I. Will not be able to post in character till later In evening when I get home from work).

Mea culpa....
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Roll Initiative ;)

Real life man. It happens. I have similar issues working retail especially now it's the holidays.

All you missed was chance to see Rakshasa put his foot/paw in his mouth with Apogee and Vulcan. ;)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:53 pm Roll Initiative ;)

Real life man. It happens. I have similar issues working retail especially now it's the holidays.
This.^^^
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I had a very similar schedule when I was out in Indiana, and it was terrible. But hey, the fun is just about to start, and you haven't missed it, so hop back in!
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Indiana????

That is my current location...care to share WHERE in Indiana you have been?